• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(lock This Thread A New One Has Been Made)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
PSA has turned into a sparkly, over-powered character machine. XD Not necessarily a bad thing... it's fun to use a whole bunch and mess around with friends. When there's a mod for each character, I'm going to have an SD card for normal Brawl+ and another for sparkly Brawl+.

The World Warrior

Smash Apprentice
To anyone that has tried out all the "new" characters submitted here, could you post which of them are broken and which aren't. I'd test them myself but lately I haven't had the time to play too much. The only one I tested was Dark Sonic but he felt broken to me.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
To anyone that has tried out all the "new" characters submitted here, could you post which of them are broken and which aren't. I'd test them myself but lately I haven't had the time to play too much. The only one I tested was Dark Sonic but he felt broken to me.
If all characters are broken, they balance themselves with their brokeness xD

A problem may be that some are soooooooooooooooooooo broken and others only sooooooooo broken :S (LoL)

I already downloaded every Character here ^^

I will see now if he missed some o.o

Edit:

You missed Riku:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8053691&postcount=192

Edit2:

And Dixie Kong:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8058259&postcount=221

Edit 3:

And this Roy from camelot:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8061436&postcount=261

The World Warrior

Smash Apprentice
I see. The thing about balancing cheese with cheese makes some sense. Although I hope we start seeing some Tourney legal characters soon. Not that cheese characters aren't deliciously cheesy mind you. That Sonic was a lot of fun. :laugh:

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
The update or the old one? both are broken but the updated one is much less broken, you can still actually loose to a cpu. face it doode they're all gonna be somewhere near broken. get over it.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'm gettign closer to a beta release of my character, but there is a slight problem. in order to use him correctly you need to use a specific CSS codeset. currently i'm working with a preexisting CSS, but the final release will have my own custom CSS. for now, there are still a few hickups with some of his attacks, but if you would like to test the current build, PM me and i'll send you links to both the codeset adn the pac file.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Since Kari v1 is different Im gonna give them two seperate sopts. (note only this time because the changes are clearly different v1.0 being a tad less broken than v2.0 hinthint)
Ah. See, that's what I want to avoid: making her broken. I'll have to tone her down some.
Other than that, what do you think of the moveset?

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
i'm gettign closer to a beta release of my character, but there is a slight problem. in order to use him correctly you need to use a specific CSS codeset. currently i'm working with a preexisting CSS, but the final release will have my own custom CSS. for now, there are still a few hickups with some of his attacks, but if you would like to test the current build, PM me and i'll send you links to both the codeset adn the pac file.
who's the character? i'd help test

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Ah. See, that's what I want to avoid: making her broken. I'll have to tone her down some.
Other than that, what do you think of the moveset?
Nah your character is alright just not official tournament material. Because of the huge scale moves. But your character has cool moves tho.

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
You put broken in the first post for my Lightning Luigi?!?! He isn't even that good. Trust me.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Nah your character is alright just not official tournament material. Because of the huge scale moves. But your character has cool moves tho.
I want her to be a character that COULD be considered tourney material (or at least not an instaban character).

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I want her to be a character that COULD be considered tourney material (or at least not an instaban character).
Make sure you aren't balancing her against Phoenix Mario, is a word of advice from me. That guy is broken.

For that matter, don't balance her against any of the top tier characters either. Choose someone like Mario, or Bowser. If she feels not much more than slightly stronger than either of those, you should be in the clear.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Make sure you aren't balancing her against Phoenix Mario, is a word of advice from me. That guy is broken.

For that matter, don't balance her against any of the top tier characters either. Choose someone like Mario, or Bowser. If she feels not much more than slightly stronger than either of those, you should be in the clear.
1) I semi-unbroke PMario.
2) I'm not testing her against just 1 character.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
tourny legal PSA characters are never going to happen. they are too easy to edit. people already have trouble with tournyies using very hard and difficult to edit codes. PSA characters are way to easy to mod. the only possiblity of a tourny legal PSA character is that it will be made by tournament organizer's. never one from the community.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Fsmash Charge

Fsmash Hit

FThrow

Dthrow

A few images of him in action..

Name: Kyzondorf

Changes:
New Dthrow, Fthrow, and Uthrow
New Smash Attack
New Running animation (Not finished yet)
Tons of Random Darkness

Bugs: Cant Tilt Fsmash or game freezes
Running goes nowhere lol... any help with these two problems are greatly appreciated.

Textures belong to their creators. i take no credit for them

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?idmw23kmjjm

no longer freezes

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Fsmash Charge

Fsmash Hit

FThrow

Dthrow

A few images of him in action..

Name: Kyzondorf

Changes:
New Dthrow, Fthrow, and Uthrow
New Smash Attack
New Running animation (Not finished yet)
Tons of Random Darkness

Bugs: Cant Tilt Fsmash or game freezes
Running goes nowhere lol... any help with these two problems are greatly appreciated.

Textures belong to their creators. i take no credit for them

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?zz4zetleefz
Fix the game freeze else I cant put him up. Tho he does look like he has some cool throws.....

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Fix the game freeze else I cant put him up. Tho he does look like he has some cool throws.....
Figuring out how to fix that right now... if anyone knows how throw me a bone :p

and thanks

oh and if ya download him anybody and wanna make a vid with him that would be appreciated

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
Roy v1.0b​

Download
Code:
Changelist from v1.0a
 - UpB glitch fixed
 - Counter swinging animation changed
 - UpB is multihitting
 - Explosion is generate on fully charged Flare Blade
 - Gravity is increased, jumps shortened a bit
 - Double-Edge Dance reworked a bit more

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
LOL @Tournament discussion ^^

I could think of a community based pac. This could be used by the TOs if they want to.

Or a pac that is provided by a TO, but then he would have to check that every wii has HBC and he has to buy a lot of SD Cards to put the same characters on every Wii (No secret cheating ;P). I also dont think this is a good idea, because if every TO provides their own character set nobody would know anything -> many many confusions!

Btw. I made an MK who can Teleport on all Smashes ._.

The problem is: The Teleport is interruptable (With DI up e.g.) and MK will stay invisible <,<

He also has a nice sliding effect at the start of his smashes. I maybe upload him and make a video. He is very cool. But by no means balanced when he can stay invisible xD (Not invincible you can still hit him)

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I am trying to make a new character, what is forward tilt and down tilt again. Been trying to look for it.

just2good

Smash Cadet
Heres another preview of Elemental Marth V2.5
Thunder Blade (Fully charged NeutralB)

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
WOOOO HELL YEA! FINNALY GOT THE SWORD WORKING!!!!....................................

its just pointed in the wrong direction... >_> its pointed down, and it needs to be at about a 45 degree angle.... help anyone?

Kirk

Smash Champion
Ragna the Bloodedge
Version 1.0

Character concept by: Rykoshet
Coding by: Kirk

PAC DOWNLOAD

TEXTURE DOWNLOAD
As pictured above.

Example Playtest
Courtesy of Rykoshet.

I've decided to put a release out at this point in development because most of his moveset has been coded and it has been playtested a number of times.

The Rundown

Jabs and Tilts

Jab Sequence - The new Jab combo may need some getting used to. The ability to just "Hold A" to continue the combo upon connection has been removed(but Jab looping is still present). Why did I do this? There a number of nuances with the combo, requiring timing of button presses to perform. Executing button presses at different speeds will result in different outcomes, most notably which direction you are facing. As I've said, it WILL take getting used to. This setup allows for a number of mixups and mindgames(remember, you can still cancel your jabs) and once mastered, it will prove a key part of Ragna's game...like Ike. :o

--First jab is the same, but with a reduction in damage.
--Second jab is now a backwards spinkick(a la Bthrow animation).
--Third jab is now Ike's Dsmash animation. The first hit sends opponents into the second. Second hit sends opponents at a low angle with very low knockback.
--15% damage total if all 4 hits connect.

Forward Tilt

--Animation changed to Tilt Item Swing(like a beamsword or homerun bat).
--When used, Ike is given a noticeable slide forward, increasing range slightly(it has no more range than Ike's old Ftilt).
--Does 12% damage with medium knockback and decent IASA frames.
--Up/Down Angled Ftilts have been removed.

Up Tilt

--Animation changed to Upsmash.
--13% in front of Ike, 14% in back. Medium knockback, decent IASA frames.
--This one will probably need some more tweaking...as the range is quite good for a tilt.

Down Tilt

--Animation changed to Ike's 2nd Jab(the kick).
--7% damage, VERY low knockback and good IASA frames.
--Acts like a standard poke.

Smashes

Forward Smash

--Charging animation changed to Smash Item Swing charge.
--Reduced knockback and damage(16%) than Ike's original Fsmash.
--If hit with the tip, it sends opponents at an extremely low angle at increased knockback, with an added darkness effect. Includes "Cinematic Hitlag."

Up Smash

--Charging animation changed to Down Smash charge.
--Attack animation changed to Up Throw.
--3 Hit attack. First hit is behind Ragna, which 'pulls' them in front of him. 2%.
--Second hit is an uppercut with low knockback sending them upwards. 4%.
--Final hit is the top of the double-handed swing motion. 12% with good knockback upwards. Hits with a darkness effect.

Down Smash

--Charging animation changed to Up Smash charge.
--Attack animation changed to Smash Item Swing Attack.
--6 Hit attack, hitting on both sides. Front hits do not interact with back hits, and vice versa.
--1: Low hit with Ragna's fist in front of him. 2%.
--2: Sword sweep in front of Ragna. 3%.
--3: Spinning around, Ragna's fist strikes behind him. Drags slightly toward him. 4%.
--4: Sword swing hitting behind him, as he pulls it around front. 7%, decent knockback.
--5: Ragna's fist comes around again in front of him, striking his opponent. 5%.
--6: Final sword swing in front of Ragna. 7%, good knockback. Has a darkness effect.

Aerials

Neutral Air

--Decreased damage from 9% to 8%.
--Trajectory is slightly more horizontal.
--Added additional IASA frames.

Forward Air

--Tip of the attack does 1% more damage(14%) and deals darkness damage.
--Increased hitlag for the Tip hitbox.
--Added more Auto-cancel frames.

Back Air

--Decreased damage from 14% to 12%.
--Has a darkness graphic effect on the blade when used.

Up Air

--Decreased damage from 14% to 13%, coupled with a decrease in overall knockback. Darkness effect added on hit.
--Tip of blade does 15% damage and retains the same knockback as Ike's original Uair.
--Darkness graphics added to the blade.
--Added more(very little) Auto-cancel frames.
--Decreased landing lag by 5 frames.

Down Air

--Tip of the spike hitbox has a darkness effect, with increased hitlag.

Specials

Eruption

--Ability to charge on the ground has been removed.
--Ability to charge in the air remains intact, but upon landing, the charge is automatically released.
--Added a few IASA frames to the end of the attack while in the air.

Quick Draw

--Ragna's "Hell's Fang" attack.
--Removed the ability to charge the attack.
--If Ragna comes in contact with an opponent on the ground, he will deliver a jab of darkness. 6%, no knockback.
--A followup attack may be executed if the "A" button is pushed at the right time, if the first attack connects with the opponent.
--Second attack deals darkness damage. Uses Ike's Ftilt(angled up) animation. 9% damage, medium knockback.
--Removed helpless state from aerial QD use.
--Aerial QD currently has no attack, will be changed with future plans.

Misc. Changes

--Idle animation changed to loop Ike's sword on shoulder animation.
--Run speed increased slightly.

Currently Unchanged

--Dash Attack
--Aether
--Counter
--All throws
--All other misc actions(dodges, rolls, wakeup actions, ledge actions, etc.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it. Critiques, comments, suggestions, etc. are always welcome! Let me know what you guys think. Naturally it's still in development, as it's only version 1.0, so tweaks and changes will inevitably be made.

Enjoy!

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
Uh oh, Do I smell sonic with a new sword, 280 is spiking so I say 150 or somewhere around there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom