• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(lock This Thread A New One Has Been Made)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
A thought for those who want to add Roy/whoever to the game without removing characters. Could a button activator be added to the file replacement code such that the game won't access the modded textures/movesets unless the player is holding say shield?
Not going to happen, we're patiently waiting for Almas's Clone Engine which will tie a character to a character's costume.

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, I still couldn't find that reflector hitbox. I changed the offsets and changed it back. No use unless I am doing something wrong. I just may have to leave it to you

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Kirk and I were trying to figure that out yesterday but no luck so far. D:
Couldn't you look at Game & Watch's number thing? One of them heals you.

Also if anyone is looking for self-damage, Ike should be a pretty good example since his fully-charged neutral special will damage him.

just2good

Smash Cadet
Couldn't you look at Game & Watch's number thing? One of them heals you.

Also if anyone is looking for self-damage, Ike should be a pretty good example since his fully-charged neutral special will damage him.
We checked out every character with a Heal or Self-Hurt effect xD.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
A Bang Shishigami Sheik? Other than needles/nails, don't know how exactly it would work, Falcon minus the nails seemed to have a more appropriate style to me...we'll see I guess.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
We checked out every character with a Heal or Self-Hurt effect xD.
>____<

me too.

We are searching soooo long for nothing >.<

Thats so sad ;( :embarrass:mad:

I think I will stop searching for it and wait until someone else will find something -_-

For healing:

We can make the following:

Generate Item: 0-40,

With this the character eats "Food" => Always Apple - 4% healing.

The only thing we need to figure out is how to make the Apple invisible ._.

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
This is what causes Mr. G&W to hurt himself, in Sub-Action 1D0(Judgement #1)

Float Variable Set:RA-Float[4]= 12

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
This is what causes Mr. G&W to hurt himself, in Sub-Action 1D0(Judgement #1)

Float Variable Set:RA-Float[4]= 12
Did you tested it ?

I already tested something like that (I catched that 12 with my eyes xD) but couldnt get it work.

Pegs001

Smash Rookie
is there, or will there ever be, a code that makes it so
one costume has Elemental Marth, another has Roy

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
are you absolutely sure about that?

it should be in hex right, so 12 actally equals 18
I'm fairly sure, because it is the only thing that Judgement #1 has that the others don't, and removing that line removed the self inflicted damage.

Edit: the units for the value are set to Scalar, not Value

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Tried out the Shishigami Sheik.

Well the stance is very good! Though the moves should be fire based not aura based. And sadly no lightning either. Though I guess it was a rough draft based on what you had in the project before.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion

ROY

Roy, The Marquess of Pherae has decided to join the Brawl, even though he is a little late. The more reckless of the original two Fire Emblem characters, helped jump start the Fire Emblem series in the United States!

Roys attacks are quick and powerful. Using his speed, range and power, Roy is a force to be reckoned with on the stage. You'll want to play Roy as a rush down character, always keeping the pressure on your opponents.

HOW TO UNLOCK:

Download his .PAC and select the Marth costume you have texture hacked to Roy!
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7508693&postcount=458- Credit to camelot and steelia for the Roy Texture
http://www.mediafire.com/?imzyqn5yngw His PAC

TIPS:

Unlike Marth, the main power of Roy's attacks is the actual blade. The majority of your knockouts will be with attacks at the center of his blade.

Marth needs to hit with the tip of his Forward Smash to deliver the KO, but Roy can kill with any part of the blade, except the tip.​

Some would say Roy is not about finesse as Marth is, but that would be the old Roy! In his time off between Melee and Brawl, Roy has practiced and has come into the Brawl with a startling new skill. Roy has finessed the tip of his sword, and now most of the tips of his sword will drag the opponents TOWARDS Roy! Talk about scary!

First you hit with the tip of his Forward Aerial...

And there the opponent is! Right in front of you, ready to be attacked!

Of course there are a few moves that don't drag your opponents inwards...but that is for you to find!​

Overall, though Roy has taken an extended break from the fighting scene, he surely hasn't slacked off in his training. Roy is a fearsome fighter ready to duke it out with the other characters. It's too bad he didn't practice that recovery though. He should have read the update...

Roy is a character that uses his sword to control the placement of the opponent to Roy's advantage. Roy's slower speed may seem like a disadvantage, but his control of his opponent by using different points on his sword come as an almost unmatched talent to any other character in the game. Though Roy will do the brunt of his killing with the sweetspotted hilt, his tip of the blade is far from useless now. Roy also is a master of the element of fire. Roy is a fun character for anyone that loves precise control of the match as well as precise spacing of their attacks.

DOWNLOAD LINK AND TEXT

http://www.mediafire.com/?imzyqn5yngw

This should include the whole shebang except maybe gravity changes. If the gravity changes aren't there tell me and I'll update.

This project has been in the works for a long time, long before PSA was ever released. PSA has finally given us the power to come to a closer and final Roy. I would like to thank:
  • Phantom Wings, nuff said
  • The Cape for teaching me the old coding methods.
  • Leafgreen386 for his continued help and support. Especially frame help
  • Camelot and tsunami70875 for doing all the work converting Roy to PSA and helping design his last few moves.
  • And everyone else who has supported my vision of Roy since he was released and anxiously waiting for the day we'd have the ability to finish him off.

Roy is not yet finished and still needs some balancing and gameplay tweaks before he goes 'Gold' but he is quite far along in development. Report any balance problems you have with him to the topic or to me via PMs.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I'm fairly sure, because it is the only thing that Judgement #1 has that the others don't, and removing that line removed the self inflicted damage.
Well, that sounds good.

But I cant get it working for other moves of gaw or for other characters.

So there must also be a clue in one of his "Specials" (I mean the section in PSA)

119 and 11C also include Float Variable Set: RA-Float[4] :dizzy:

Edit: Sub Routine 00017A4C also includes some code about it xD (Discovered 1 Second ago)

But like I said I already tried different things out and couldnt get it work :S

@Roys: This is already the 3rd one right xD ?

I want Melee Falcon ._. (Maybe I'll give it a try o.O)

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Tried out the Shishigami Sheik.

Well the stance is very good! Though the moves should be fire based not aura based. And sadly no lightning either. Though I guess it was a rough draft based on what you had in the project before.
That was from the very first time I tried PSA out. I'll update it 2morow. The only problem is the fact that I cant find the attribute for dair falling speed. If I had that I could give her Bang's Aerial Drive "Break the bones?"

Yeah I realized I'll have to take out the aura effects and lightning v_v

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
That was from the very first time I tried PSA out. I'll update it 2morow. The only problem is the fact that I cant find the attribute for dair falling speed. If I had that I could give her Bang's Aerial Drive "Break the bones?"

Yeah I realized I'll have to take out the aura effects and lightning v_v
Alright then. A bit of 2 cents from a BB and Bang community member.

It shouldn't be too hard to get in moves for all of his D attacks.

Would it be possible to include the poison or explosive nails? The other 2 types probably won't be incorporated as well.

If you can incorporate a FuuRinKaZan mode.... :love::love:

Obviously the fire punch is a must. Shouldn't be hard to implement. Make it good at stage spiking!

Incorporating the command grabs would be cool

Replace Sheik's voice with Captain Falcon and undo that mask...ok I might be asking a bit much here!

Should I put this project in the Bang forums on dustloop to get ideas there too? There's a few smash players who frequent it actually!

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
And now we have one amazing sex beast of a character. :laugh:
oh yeah, GoG, i just realized that in your post, you still said we needed teh RedSwordSwings.pac

it might confuse people that they need two fitmarth.pacs
so take it out
the roy PAC already has the red sword swings programmed in

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Gonna try making Drive Mode Sora for Pit. Anyone who can help for making textures, contact me at doomsong123 on AIM.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
The thing I want the most for Shishigami Sheik is to take out her crashing Dair so I can give her the Aerial Drive attack.
Second I would love to give her Bang Install/FuRenKaZan. It wouldnt be the same if I couldnt add his theme song tho. Her Dragoon Activation animation is perfect for it. But the time manipulation and animation speed changing issues are the problems.
Its impossible to edit props right now so Shuriken Special is out of the picture.
Although I want a good Bang, I want it to be a Hybrid.

The World Warrior

Smash Apprentice
I'm working on Link. Basically getting rid of his projectile game and expanding on the swordfighting and a few other little tricks, as well as adapting his overall mobility accordingly.
Wow really? Sounds interesting. I'm really looking forward to your idea because I've thought about something similar to this since PSA was released. I've always wanted to play as a "True" Fierce Deity Link to go along with his Textures. I'd do it myself but unfortunately I have little to no experience with creating textures or modifying characters. Maybe as soon as we uncover how to modify character models I can have my wish. Link w/o shield would be great to see.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
The thing I want the most for Shishigami Sheik is to take out her crashing Dair so I can give her the Aerial Drive attack.
Second I would love to give her Bang Install/FuRenKaZan. It wouldnt be the same if I couldnt add his theme song tho. Her Dragoon Activation animation is perfect for it. But the time manipulation and animation speed changing issues are the problems.
Its impossible to edit props right now so Shuriken Special is out of the picture.
Although I want a good Bang, I want it to be a Hybrid.
We lived in the arcade version without the theme song....(please don't get me wrong, I love it, but it's bin a bonus not a necessity).

camelot

Smash Ace
Ok, I've been messing around with Roy some more. Haven't done much, but still.

- Walk speed reduced to Link/DK's rather than being tied with Fox for the fastest walk speed
- Ledge jumps aren't super small anymore
- Flare Blade has different voices, and a fully charged explosion makes the screen shake

I still can't figure out how to make Flare Blade hurt Roy, or change the multiplier on counter.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
alright, I gave up on my black knight because of all the weapon collision stuff that i couldn't edit.

My new project is a super broken falco.
-Increase laser hitstun
-Decreased endlag on side B
-increased run speed
-Fair...doesn't suck (haven't decided yet)
-Piece of Cake DownB with upwards knockback and increased damage.
-SHORT HOP TRIPLE LASER!!! SWEET JESUS WHY??!!?!!?!
-Dair Always spikes

Maybe I'll actually finish this one lol

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Random *** idea.

As of now there is no way to make movesets costume dependent, however there is a way to essentially "Switch modes" with a button press/combination.

So...

Why not tie a mode switch to a taunt or something so if you want to do things like marth vs roy all you need to do is press a taunt to switch the character at the start of the match. It's not the most convenient way to do it but you can have your cake and eat it too for the time being.

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
But you'd need 2 PACS for that.
Like Zelda/Shiek.

Squirtle/Charzard/Ivysaur for PKMT.

Not to mention ZSS/Samus

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
I think that is possible because something like that is on elemental marth, his taunts allow him to switch from water/electricity to fire/darkness abilities but the same moves, so I don't know. Then again there is a saying that you can't have you cake then eat icecream. So we will know as we progress in the project

just2good

Smash Cadet
Random *** idea.

As of now there is no way to make movesets costume dependent, however there is a way to essentially "Switch modes" with a button press/combination.

So...

Why not tie a mode switch to a taunt or something so if you want to do things like marth vs roy all you need to do is press a taunt to switch the character at the start of the match. It's not the most convenient way to do it but you can have your cake and eat it too for the time being.
Actually I was going to PM you to see if I can work on that once your Roy is fully finished. But then I thought about the attributes, although it is quite possible to have a Marth/Roy moveset by taunting. Heck you can get 6 movesets, 1 for every taunt (Face left/right) lol, but wait theres more you can use empty slots as well (*cough* hint).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom