• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

UncleSam

Smash Master
@uncle Sam- lol homing attack is not slow.....>.> just looks slow in the game....:p *cough cough*
Air disruption will cause Mewtwo to look at Samus...there you go...
Mewtwo wouldn't need to puddle Samus's brain because other kill methods have already been discussed...
As far as I remember- Samus isn't subject to telepathy directly, but not indirectly, which is how Mewtwo could still find her nigh instantaneously...

@Dryn-the God thing was a joke...chill....
They are aware of each others presence, but they don't know exactly where they are in the battle field...they both have to find each other, but what Mewtwo has to do compared to Samus to get the "kill" shot at is much shorter....
I looked at the vid, but Samus has no time for a mistake as it was previously discussed...if she misfires once, then she's in a bad spot...

*Goes to options and turns of Auto targeting...>.>* there....:laugh:

I hardly lock on in Corruption now
unless it's nova+X-ray
that combo is too pro
and so far the only acceptable assumption is starvation and even then...
what do you mean by indirectly
that's like mindslaving one steve to find another
lol Samus has her gunship as well
Plasma cannon, twin power beam turrets and ship missiles how fun!
misfire? annihilator, I've said this so many times
EDIT: woops forgot to color my posts

Sieguest

Smash Master
indirectly as in telepathically use other parts of the environment to find samus....
and then disable her for the starvation period....

teleport is ****...

wait a second...now I understand another thing....
Recover...................
discuss?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
They are aware of each others presence, but they don't know exactly where they are in the battle field...they both have to find each other, but what Mewtwo has to do compared to Samus to get the "kill" shot at is much shorter....
Samus must be happy that she can travel at supersonic speeds then, which means 1.2 mach to 4.6 mach speed.

I looked at the vid, but Samus has no time for a mistake as it was previously discussed...if she misfires once, then she's in a bad spot...(the quickdraw thought)
Why? Twenty Energy Tanks, including four Reserved Tanks gives Samus a lot of energy to survive this battle. Each Tank holds 100 Energy Units.

*Goes to options and turns off Auto targeting...>.>* there....:laugh:
Like UncleSam said, the locking on isn't really necessary in Corruption. You're not acting the same way as you were in the first two Prime games, because your Arm Cannon can move freely.

UncleSam

Smash Master
indirectly as in telepathically use other parts of the environment to find samus....
and then disable her for the starvation period....

teleport is ****...
you'd need telekinesis not telepathy, telepathy does nothing in this battle

wait a second...now I understand another thing....
Recover...................
discuss?
wait, Samus' gunship heals her and resupplys her missiles/ammo
discuss.
also shock coil.
3.68 seconds to death

Crystanium

Smash Hero
wait, Samus' gunship heals her and resupplys her missiles/ammo
discuss.
also shock coil.
3.68 seconds to death[/color]
Not to mention, it has a very durable hull that even Ghor couldn't get through in time when Samus was returning to the Docking Bay. What is more, it repairs itself.

Sieguest

Smash Master
@Uncle Sam-You get the point....>.>

@Dryn- Good thing telekinesis is instantaneous...>.>

*points back to UncleSam's post*
Stalemate?

UncleSam

Smash Master
@Uncle Sam-You get the point....>.>

@Dryn- Good thing telekinesis is instantaneous...>.>

*points back to UncleSam's post*
Stalemate?
recover only heals 50% of the maximum HP while gunship heals all...
well, since mewtwo can't telepathically find her she has the element of surprise, she can hit him with shock coil, he gets surprised he needs time to react to the fact that he's going to die, then he needs to turn around
if that takes less than 3.68 seconds than mewtwo is crazy fast
(note that mewtwo has human DNA mixed with his own this slows him down ;) )

Sieguest

Smash Master
recover only heals 50% of the maximum HP while gunship heals all...
well, since mewtwo can't telepathically find her she has the element of surprise, she can hit him with shock coil, he gets surprised he needs time to react to the fact that he's going to die, then he needs to turn around
if that takes less than 3.68 seconds than mewtwo is crazy fast
(note that mewtwo has human DNA mixed with his own this slows him down ;) )
Use Recover twice ....

Teleport from Shock Coil

saying mewtwo gets surprised is assuming Mewtwo's conditioning....

*catches self*
Wait a second...I already said why I shouldn't be making these arguments....
*sits back on bench*

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Not that it matters, but whenever I imagine this fight between Mewtwo and Samus, I imagine it in a battleship in space with Mewtwo throwing pieces of wall (which looks all futuristic and metallic ^^) and Samus unleashing all kinds of explosions which blow apart the different parts of the ship. :) They start out deep within the ship and as it deteriorates around them, they take it outside atop the ship's wing or something. And all these arwing-type ("Do a barrel roll!") planes are shooting down at them.

^^ Someone please animate this.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Use Recover twice ....
takes time to use recover, slower than 3.68 seconds

Teleport from Shock Coil
dark/echo visor + annihilator
or even better my previously mentioned
X-ray + nova
god I <3 that combination

saying mewtwo gets surprised is assuming Mewtwo's conditioning....
what blaine's DNA and the berserk gene? that's because in canon I.E. that movie you guys referenced so much.

*catches self*
Wait a second...I already said why I shouldn't be making these arguments....
*sits back on bench*
sits next to marthage...
I have to rant to tocador about pokemans now
EDIT:
dragonblooded here's how I imagened it,
mewtwo is meditating in the middle of a stadium and samus flys in on her gunship and jumps down in front of mewtwo in hypermode...
mewtwo teleports away to keep a distance while samus fires hyper missiles and scattershot while the gunship shoots the plasma cannon, fires missiles and turrets
utter ****

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
EDIT:
dragonblooded here's how I imagened it,
mewtwo is meditating in the middle of a stadium and samus flys in on her gunship and jumps down in front of mewtwo in hypermode...
mewtwo teleports away to keep a distance while samus fires hyper missiles and scattershot while the gunship shoots the plasma cannon, fires missiles and turrets
utter ****
lol. Either way, these would be as epic as heck if someone animated it. :)

Sieguest

Smash Master
1. lol DB your outlook on this fight...was pretty funny!

2.About Mewtwo's surprise, but remember that we each and all are different, we are surprised by different things due to our conditioning...and we all have human DNA...>.>

Visor? So if Samus knows exactly where Mewtwo is gonna warp?
What is it? a Mewtwo Visor?

My rendition of this fight?
Mewtwo and Samus are ripped from their planets and thrown on Earth or something...
Both are like "WTF?"
Two humans tell that Mewtwo and Samus have to fight each other....
Mewtwo and Samus say "THIS IS BS" and kill the two humans...
Mewtwo and Samus go to get some breakfast....

UncleSam

Smash Master
Visor? So if Samus knows exactly where Mewtwo is gonna warp?
What is it? a Mewtwo Visor?
anyone travelling interdimentionally (teleporting) can be seen with dark visor plus you have the radar to help Samus out if mewtwo goes behind her

My rendition of this fight?
Mewtwo and Samus are ripped from their planets and thrown on Earth or something...
Both are like "WTF?"
Two humans tell that Mewtwo and Samus have to fight each other....
Mewtwo and Samus say "THIS IS BS" and kill the two humans...
Mewtwo and Samus go to get some breakfast....
Mewtwo: "what was that about?"
Samus: "dunno, want to get some coffee?"
Mewtwo: "sure"
*they both leave*

Sieguest

Smash Master

have one of those too:
battle start out the same but this time Samus does a phazon discharge and mewtwo reflects it overloading her suit.
the rest is self-explanitory
I was thinking more of somehow Mewtwo develops a pokeball that can capture humans and he captures Samus with it...but yours works too...:p

Sieguest

Smash Master
dude you rely on the movie for your M2 source too much
Actually I was just thinking of this hack that my friend uses that lets you catch other trainer's pokemon and I thought it'd be awesome if you could capture the trainer....>.>

but the movie works too...

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Assist
  • Rock Smash
  • (Triple Finish)
|
  • If an opponent is under the effects of Spore's poison, Bisharp's bleed damage will extend by 1/2 a second per hit instead of 1/4 second when applicable. If the opponent is paralyzed or slept by Spore, Bisharp's attacks will do 25-50% more KB respectively.
  • With Metal Burst active, Bisharp can destroy Armantle's Rock creations to create explosions like Charizard's Brawl Side B with every hit for massive damage potential.
  • Pyro Flow's hot air will ignite the Leech Seeds on a foe and cause them to be continuously burned for 8% a second for 3 seconds. During this time they cannot be Seeded again, and Fossilize will put out the fire.
|DoT's, DoT's everywhere! Between Poison, Bleeding and Lava, you'll rarely not be ahead of your foe when it comes to damage, which is great considering the team has some of the worst/mediocre recoveries available. That said, you do have access to an amazing tank with Armantle, and he's happy to stay on Team2 to support the two combo-crazy team mates he has, especially when he gets a grab and activates Earth Power, making Bisharp and Breloom fight over who gets to use their juggles!
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Armantle performs his dash grab, and upon catching a foe, uses F/B throw towards either Breloom or Bisharp. The pair happen to be on either side of Armantle, and are controllable once the foe passes onto their side of Armantle, having to juggle the reeling foe as they attempt escape. As they play a deadly game of pong above, below Armantle is using Overheat, adding to the damage, as well as seemingly taking an awful long time charging what appears to be Usmash. After around 3 seconds of Pong, Armantle will shout his name out as he unleashes a super-smack-down from his back, about 9 rocks flying up, then spiking back down with fiery explosions to make sure the victim faces his geologic power! Rule of thumb for opponents: do -not- get caught by that dash grab, and if you do, pray that Breloom/Bisharp miss their hit!
|

JOE!

Smash Hero
here are the past matchups from the old version: found here

(links provided where there is a breakdown of the match)
WEEK 1: MARTH vs LINK
WINNER: LINK
"Marth might be able to hurt Link....but Link can KILL marth"

WEEK 2: GANONDORF vs IKE

WINNER: GANONDORF
"In a battle of heavy weaponary, the stronger triumphs"

WEEK 3 DK vsDEDEDE
WINNER: DK
"Strength is null in this heavyweight bout....so when it boiled down to speed, DK pulls ahead"

WEEK 4: ZERO SUIT SAMUS vs SHEIK
WINNER: ZSS
"in a match of better skill vs better weaponary....weaponary wins"

WEEK 5: MARIO vs LUIGI
WINNER: MARIO
"mario is simply the better fighter of the two..."

WEEK 6: FALCO vs FALCON
WINNER: CAPTAIN FALCON
"The battle is extremley close, but when Falcon goes hand to hand, it's over..."

WEEK 7: NESS vs LUCAS
WINNER: NESS
"Their PSI abilities essentially cancel each other out, whith that said, Ness has a Baseball bat, and Lucas has a Stick...."

WEEK 8: BOWSER vs CHARIZARD
WINNER: BOWSER
"In the end, Bowser is simply too big for Charizard to tackle...."

WEEK 9: SNAKE vs WOLF
WINNER: DRAW
"The first even matchup. Snake has better skill...yet Wolf has better weapons...making the fight come down to the environment...."

WEEK 10: DIDDY vs LUCARIO
WINNER: LUCARIO
"Even without his Aura, Lucario is simply too good of a fighter for Diddy's natural atributes to overcome...."

WEEK 11: ROY vs YOUNG/TOON LINK
WINNER: OUR BOI
"Roy has the edge in range and skill, where it counts...."

WEEK 12: RIDLEY vs RAYQUAZA
WINNER: RIDLEY
"Ridley's aerial mobilty let him win this battle of the bosses...."

WEEK 13: IVYSAUR vs YOSHI
WINNER: IVYSAUR
"Ivysaur has the ability to make the AIR lethal around him...."

WEEK 14: PIT vs FOX
"When it comes down to it, everything they have is countered by the other...."

WEEK 15: M/C HAND vs TABUU
WINNER: TABUU
"Tabuu just has too much of a mobility adantage for the hands to deal with...."

WEEK 16: PEACH vs ZELDA
WINNER: ZELDA
"Peach may be fiesty, but Zelda is Deadly...."

WEEK 17: ICE CLIMBERS vs OLIMAR
WINNER: OLIMAR
"In the battle of numbers, the one with the higher amount prevails...."

WEEK 18: WARIO vs SONIC
WINNER: WARIO
"Sonic sux in Real Life...."

WEEK 19: KIRBY vs METAKNIGHT
WINNER: DRAW-> META KNIGHT
"with no jumping ability, or thumbs, they take the title of "most gimped" from sonic. However, after being given the ability to hold weapons, MK's skill grants him his destiny: victory..."

WEEK 20: SQUIRTLE vs PICHU
WINNER: SQUIRTLE
"Pichu simply has no real way to hurt squirtle...."

WEEK 21: GIGA BOWSER vs GALLEOM
WINNER: GIGA BOWSER
"In real life, Galleom's metal body becomes full of holes...."

WEEK 22: META RIDLEY vs DUON
WINNER: META RIDLEY
"Having to balance with two heads tips the scales in Ridley's favor...."

WEEK 23: PETEY PIRAHNA vs PORKY
WINNER: PORKY
"Nature is no mtach for Man's machines...."

WEEK 24: JIGGLYPUFF vs PIKACHU
WINNER: PIKACHU
"JIGGLYPUFF: The fail-o-mon...."

WEEK 25: SAMUS vs MEWTWO
"When the Unstoppable Force meets the Immovable Object, none survive...."

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Wait, JOE! Isn't this the same thread that I entered before where each character was being realistic, and not canonical? It seems that way, because look, even Sonic lost against Wario, and I recall being here when the battle between Ivysaur and Yoshi, Ridley and Rayquaza, and even Fox and Pit were brought up. So, is telekinesis scientifically possible? I am going to read up on this right now and come back. If it's not, then Mewtwo loses.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Sharpen_APP
  • Rock Smash
  • Hyper Beam
|
  • If a foe is Locked-On, Night Slash/Metal Claws/Sucker Punch/Faint Attack all will home in on the targeted foe automatically.
  • With Metal Burst active, Bisharp can destroy Armantle's Rock creations to create explosions like Charizard's Brawl Side B with every hit for massive damage potential.
  • If a target is Fossilized in a Trick Room, they do not acquire the negative side effects (Minus damage and speed on allies, damage resistance on enemies), but the duration/escape difficulty is halved.
|Bisharp is the MVP of the team, after Porygon-Z and Armantle set up of course. The ability for him to share lock-on and create multi-hit attacks from rocks stacks wonderfully with Bleed and Lava damage, not to mention Sharpen_App's homing projectiles on top of all this. Packing strong finishers in Hyper Beam and Rock Smash as well, it shouldn't be hard to keep the ball rolling even after Bisharp goes down for the count, as Z and Armantle can still capitalize on the great zoning projectiles and heavy armor he gave them to maintain the edge.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Ok, I think I'm just gonna call the match:

DRAW

As I see it, the winner of this bout would be determined by who essentially shoots first.

MEWTWO POINTS:

Mewtwo is able to control Samus quite easily, yet...has no effective means of finishing her off other than play the waiting game due to her suit's durability.

If he goes to do psionic attacks while trying to control her, not only would he not do too much damage due to her suit's psionic durability (as seen vs motherbrain), but he would tire himself by concentrating at keeping the powersuit at bay, and creating psionic weaponary, giving Samus a chance to strike.

SAMUS POINTS:

Her weaponary is diverse and deadly. Most attacks could sureley end mewtwo's life in a sinle shot (such as supermissle or annihlator beam). The problem for her is getting that shot off.

Mewtwo, as stated, can quickly take control of her. Yet she could sureley fire a shot off at him as he does, or right before, porbably ending him even as she is just controlled, seeing as even mewtwo may take a precious moment to realize "oh crap,m that thars an arm canon", by which time samus has fired or locked on for a homing attack...

When the Unstoppable Force meets the Immovable Object, none survive.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
in this battle I allowed Canonical abilities for 2 reasons:

1) Mewtwo would be super-gimp

2) canonically, thse two are probably the only ones capable of taking down the other
Samus is not capable of taking mewtwo down, at least not on a one v one. Samus need distractions. Hit equals death doesn't matter much if you can't take a shot.

Also, samus might get mad gimped IRl, but the missels alone probably make her the most power combatant in this IRL since the only thing unrealistic about the missles is the number she carries.

You realize I just responded to your message 5 minutes ago, right?

Responded to pretty much everything you said here.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Wait, JOE! Isn't this the same thread that I entered before where each character was being realistic, and not canonical? It seems that way, because look, even Sonic lost against Wario, and I recall being here when the battle between Ivysaur and Yoshi, Ridley and Rayquaza, and even Fox and Pit were brought up. So, is telekinesis scientifically possible? I am going to read up on this right now and come back. If it's not, then Mewtwo loses.
This was a straight from Canon fight for the epic round one finale!

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Stealth Rock
|
Alakazam can grab Fossilized foes with Confusion, despite their anti-grab armor, and throw them while pausing their "grab" timer until released from Confusion.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Strength
|
When Feraligatr's Water hits Armantle's Lava, it cools into brand new, solid stage. Cooled lava is pass-through if extended to the air, just like platforms, but can be extended off edges and still be solid if done from a floor.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Assist
|
Pyro Flow's hot air will ignite the Leech Seeds on a foe and cause them to be continuously burned for 8% a second for 3 seconds. During this time they cannot be Seeded again, and Fossilize will put out the fire.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

UncleSam

Smash Master
Actually I was just thinking of this hack that my friend uses that lets you catch other trainer's pokemon and I thought it'd be awesome if you could capture the trainer....>.>

but the movie works too...
that hack is funny...
and y does the topic change every time I sleep!?
wtf dood!?
also Pika>>>>>>>>>>>>MK
MK has to get close and since no flying, he'll never approach
Pika could camp with electricity
EDIT:
I feel unloved...
now you know how I feel at the end of IC vs. Oli and GB vs. galleom

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Pikachu has a projectile, has a bunch of electricity, and is very nimble, but is exposed.
Metaknight has a blade that has blades on it. Has armor, but is extremely slow.

I already know how this will end, Metaknight (because you know, we judge on the weapons, not the actual SKILLS.)

UncleSam

Smash Master
Pikachu has a projectile, has a bunch of electricity, and is very nimble, but is exposed.
Metaknight has a blade that has blades on it. Has armor, but is extremely slow.

I already know how this will end, Metaknight (because you know, we judge on the weapons, not the actual SKILLS.)
Pikachu has CAMP written all over him dude
MK has a mask and shoulder plates.
... MK wouldn't last 5 minutes

day-day

Smash Ace
Pikachu easily. Doesn't Pikachu learn double team? If so, I don't think Meta-Knight can keep up before Pikachu hit's him with a thunder bolt.
Which Pikachu are we talking about? Smash Brosl Pikachu or Ash's Pikachu? If it's Ash's then Pikachu automatically wins cause Ash can call out some of the most impossible commands ever.
Typical Pokemon battle with Ash ->"Pikachu dodge it! Now use double team and steel tail at the same time! Look out Pikachu! Okay, hit him with a quick attack and now finish him off with a volt tackle!"

UncleSam

Smash Master
Pikachu easily. Doesn't Pikachu learn double team? If so, I don't think Meta-Knight can keep up before Pikachu hit's him with a thunder bolt.
Which Pikachu are we talking about? Smash Brosl Pikachu or Ash's Pikachu? If it's Ash's then Pikachu automatically wins cause Ash can call out some of the most impossible commands ever.
Typical Pokemon battle with Ash ->"Pikachu dodge it! Now use double team and steel tail at the same time! Look out Pikachu! Okay, hit him with a quick attack and now finish him off with a volt tackle!"
there is no Ash tho,
it's like if pikachu was a species in RL and knew all survival tactics
same goes for MK

day-day

Smash Ace
Oh, I still go for Pikachu. The whole Ash scenario was just a parody of a typical pokemon episode :laugh:
Depends on where they're fighting too am I right? If it's on Pikachu's turf then Pikachu has the advantage and vice versa with Meta-Knight.

Top Bottom