• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

UncleSam

Smash Master
Oh, I still go for Pikachu. The whole Ash scenario was just a parody of a typical pokemon episode :laugh:
Depends on where they're fighting too am I right? If it's on Pikachu's turf then Pikachu has the advantage and vice versa with Meta-Knight.
I heard pokemon battles are a rarity now in the episodeslulz
I don't think the stage would matter either way, if MK is fighting pika on top of Halberd than MK is screwed since they are probably fighting near/in the clouds pikachu would screw MK over there,
on the ground Pika could just camp him

day-day

Smash Ace
I heard pokemon battles are a rarity now in the episodeslulz
I don't think the stage would matter either way, if MK is fighting pika on top of Halberd than MK is screwed since they are probably fighting near/in the clouds pikachu would screw MK over there,
on the ground Pika could just camp him

Lol well Pikachu's pretty much backup ever since chimchar took his spot as the starter pokemon.

Couldn't all of the clouds turn into one giant storm if Pikachu used enough power or whatever?
Meta Knight in the Kirby games isn't the quick power force he is in brawl too. He's pretty slow but then again it does take him forever and a day to attack.
Off topic: What is that flowery thing under your post? just curious lol

UncleSam

Smash Master

Lol well Pikachu's pretty much backup ever since chimchar took his spot as the starter pokemon.

Couldn't all of the clouds turn into one giant storm if Pikachu used enough power or whatever?
Meta Knight in the Kirby games isn't the quick power force he is in brawl too. He's pretty slow but then again it does take him forever and a day to attack.
Off topic: What is that flowery thing under your post? just curious lol
I haven't been watching pokemon lately... I've been playing it.
using static electricity to charge the air could lead to that... too lazy to look it up right nowI'm like Dragonblooded
MK was quicker when he could fly, now htat he can't he's sorta screwed
... that's cherrim, I like cherrim.

day-day

Smash Ace
I haven't been watching pokemon lately... I've been playing it.
using static electricity to charge the air could lead to that... too lazy to look it up right nowI'm like Dragonblooded
MK was quicker when he could fly, now htat he can't he's sorta screwed
... that's cherrim, I like cherrim.

You'll be amazed at what Ed watches when he's bored in the morning lol
I'm feeling lazy too but I don't know what I should type in to look it up on google anyway.
Why does metaknight flying remind me of that quote from x-men? "Do you know what happens to a MK when it's struck by lighting? The same thing that happens to everything else." lol
Is cherrim apart of the DP gen.? Never heard of it.

UncleSam

Smash Master

You'll be amazed at what Ed watches when he's bored in the morning lol
I watch yu-gi-oh 5D's name something weirder, they play card games on motercycles!
I'm feeling lazy too but I don't know what I should type in to look it up on google anyway.
go to wikipedia any type thunderstorms? eletricity?
Why does metaknight flying remind me of that quote from x-men? "Do you know what happens to a MK when it's struck by lighting? The same thing that happens to everything else." lol
oh wow didn't notice. lol
Is cherrim apart of the DP gen.? Never heard of it.
yes...
CHERRIM!

day-day

Smash Ace

I watch yu-gi-oh 5D's name something weirder, they play card games on motercycles!

go to wikipedia any type thunderstorms? eletricity?

oh wow didn't notice. lol

yes...
CHERRIM!

Wow on motorcycles now? lol
Geez that's a lot of stuff on thunderstorms on wikipedia lol I'll try and get the most important stuff out of it though.
What type is Cherrim? Looks like a normal type but Ed may be wrong.

UncleSam

Smash Master

Wow on motorcycles now? lol
Geez that's a lot of stuff on thunderstorms on wikipedia lol I'll try and get the most important stuff out of it though.
What type is Cherrim? Looks like a normal type but Ed may be wrong.
motorcycles

I don't anyone is going to argue against Pikachu in this...
cherrim is grass
before sunny day

after sunny day

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Hyper Beam
|
If a target is Fossilized in a Trick Room, they do not acquire the negative side effects (Minus damage and speed on allies, damage resistance on enemies), but the duration/escape difficulty is halved.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

UncleSam

Smash Master
Pikachu only puts out maybe elec eel voltages (about 500v max)

and he CANNOT arc it through the air
pikachu is still more versitle and powerful than MK
even if pikachu has to approach it still has enough electrical power to kill MK and can avoid MK's sword slashes since pikachu has high maneuverability

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Rock Smash
|
With Metal Burst active, Bisharp can destroy Armantle's Rock creations to create explosions like Charizard's Brawl Side B with every hit for massive damage potential.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

day-day

Smash Ace
I don't think metaknight's ever dealt with something that can make illusory copies of itself. IF pikachu manages to hit MK with a thunder wave then the fight's definitely over as MK won't be as mobile and will hardly be able to move.
Edit: I think Pikachu's going to play this fight defensively. It will probably camp most of the time but will get up close if needed

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Stealth Rock
  • Whirlpool
  • Strength
|
  • Alakazam can grab Fossilized foes with Confusion, despite their anti-grab armor, and throw them while pausing their "grab" timer until released from Confusion.
  • Full-charge Hydro Pumps will remain in the air/where they explode for 5 seconds when they hit Reflect or are Grabbed/Zair'd/Side B'd by Alakazam, and will continue to slightly push foes away from the center of the burst, but deal no damage.
  • When Feraligatr's Water hits Armantle's Lava, it cools into brand new, solid stage. Cooled lava is pass-through if extended to the air, just like platforms, but can be extended off edges and still be solid if done from a floor.
|This team is all about stage control, with the ability to create solid stage that can't be destroyed, float two kinds of traps in the air, and just bully the foe in general with the environment they set up. It takes a bit of a higher learning curve to get down the preparation and momentum building with the team, but mastering their nuances will be well worth it.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Stealth Rock
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
|
  • Alakazam can grab Fossilized foes with Confusion, despite their anti-grab armor, and throw them while pausing their "grab" timer until released from Confusion.
  • Alakazam can catch Seed Bombs with Jab/Grab/Confusion, making them behave like his Spoon Traps, and allowing Breloom to toss another.
  • Pyro Flow's hot air will ignite the Leech Seeds on a foe and cause them to be continuously burned for 8% a second for 3 seconds. During this time they cannot be Seeded again, and Fossilize will put out the fire.
|Alakazam shines here with his telekinetic abilities, moving Fossil and Bomb alike to alter the flow of combat. This can lead to either very defensive or offensive play with how you utilize the interactions, on top of Leech seed either healing or burning on a foe, Alakazam's grounded teleport comes in handy when you can swap in a Breloom spore to give you time to think, or as always swap with Armantle in case he gets pushed offstage to give him amazing longevity. If Alakazam goes down, you still then have the options between high offense or defense based on who you make playable, making for a good choice for players who like to switch up their game halfway through a match.
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Alakazam uses Dash Attack past the foe, grabbing them and re-appearing over Armantle and holding them in place like with Guillotine if they don't avoid that first part. After that, Breloom can be seen in front of Armantle as he opens his mouth wide, from ere you have about 2 seconds to mash buttons to "feed" Armantle seed bombs, each bomb he eats adding about 2% damage to what comes next. Once the two seconds are up, Alakazam teleports to safety, leaving the foe in the cross-hairs for eruption!
|

UncleSam

Smash Master
I'm listening to this it's hilarious.
anyway, remember how MK has stubs for hands? he wouldn't be as accurate and his sword could easily be knocked out of his hand by some super-special-awesome pikachu ftilt
and pikachu moves on four legs which is more maneuverable than MK
MK has to roll like a cube

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Hyper Beam
  • Stealth Rock
  • Nasty Plot
|
  • If a target is Fossilized in a Trick Room, they do not acquire the negative side effects (Minus damage and speed on allies, damage resistance on enemies), but the duration/escape difficulty is halved.
  • Alakazam can choose to Teleport into Trick Rooms instead of where he entered the match by pressing Up for the center Trick Room, and Left/Right for other TR's in relation to the center one/center stage.
|A very "safe" team, this combo has access to powerful stage control, littering both the ground and air with Rocks, Lava, Trick Rooms, you name it! Once the set up is complete, Alakazam has a field day zooming around and taking advantage of foes who can't just *blip* around like he can, and score easy KOs thanks to damage provided by the other two.

UncleSam

Smash Master
but he's got no nado, no backup, and no wings, and pika is faster than MK on four legs giving pikachu, speed, and power, Pikachu could just jump over MK and hit him from the back/read his movements

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Rock Smash
  • Stealth Rock
  • Guillotine
|
  • With Metal Burst active, Bisharp can destroy Armantle's Rock creations to create explosions like Charizard's Brawl Side B with every hit for massive damage potential.
  • Bisharp can hit Alakazam's spoons like his Metal Claws, which makes them behave just like them until they return to Alakazam.
|Alakazam and Armantle have amazing synergy as always, and set up for Bisharp's potent finishers and traps with their various ways to manipulate the field and foe alike. A good team for any skill level, they come with a great mixed bag of aerial and ground traps, punishes, damage wracking and KO options.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Meta Knight also can't really dodge, turn around, jump out of the way, etc. MK also can't really reach very far with his sword even if he can use it (BS). His arms are stubs. YOu need a certain amount of flexibility (actual arms) to use it effectively.

UncleSam

Smash Master
So in real life if these two went at it a good electric shock from Pikachu wouldn't be able to paralyze MK?
he wouldn't be paralyzed he'd probably be dead
lol I haven't been working on that pic. so lazy... I want to do it yet I don't... why do I stop everything I start!?!?!

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Stealth Rock
  • Whirlpool
  • Strength
|
  • Full-charge Hydro Pumps will remain in the air/where they explode for 5 seconds when they hit Reflect or are Grabbed/Zair'd/Side B'd by Alakazam, and will continue to slightly push foes away from the center of the burst, but deal no damage.
  • When Feraligatr's Water hits Armantle's Lava, it cools into brand new, solid stage. Cooled lava is pass-through if extended to the air, just like platforms, but can be extended off edges and still be solid if done from a floor.
|This team is all about stage control, with the ability to create solid stage that can't be destroyed, float two kinds of traps in the air, and just bully the foe in general with the environment they set up. It takes a bit of a higher learning curve to get down the preparation and momentum building with the team, but mastering their nuances will be well worth it.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
the problem for pika is getting part the sword

i mean, he could shock thru it, but he'd get slashed of stabbed
But Meta Knight shouldn't even be able to swing it very fast or twirl it around at all.

Meta Knight also can't really dodge, turn around, jump out of the way, etc. MK also can't really reach very far with his sword even if he can use it (BS). His arms are stubs. YOu need a certain amount of flexibility (actual arms) to use it effectively.
And Pikachu is fast and nimble and so much more excelled at evading attacks than MK is.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Strength
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
|
  • Water attacks will make Leech Seeds grow, causing them to heal the attacks % back in full as well as emit an aura for 1% healing per second in a 1/2 platform radius around the foe.
  • Pyro Flow's hot air will ignite the Leech Seeds on a foe and cause them to be continuously burned for 8% a second for 3 seconds. During this time they cannot be Seeded again, and Fossilize will put out the fire.
|The classic mix of Grass, Fire and Water is as varied as it is nostalgic. Any order works here based on the player's needs. High damage goes for Armantle and Breloom, Survival opts for a grass and water combination, and those who like to mess with the stage and/or bully opponents love the two heavies. Great for players of any level!
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Requiring the foe to be close, Breloom will lash out and grab them, and toss them to the ground leaving them prone. While prone, Feraligatr and Armantle will then pour water and lava over the unfortunate victim, leaving them in a rocky prison on the floor! Once buried, the foe has 2x grab escape difficulty in order to get up, further amplified by how just after the burial, Breloom hops over and throws down a handful of leech-seeds, growing atop the foe and stealing 10% a second that they give off from the small plants seen on the victim, as well as occasionally popping out Oran Berries.
|

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Dragon's Rain
  • Hyper Beam
  • Strength
|
  • Feraligatr can fill Trick Rooms with water, with his specials and smashes generally filling 1/3-1/2 based on charge, and other moves filling 1/4 of the volume. Foes passing through the now filled Trick Rooms will be slowed to 1/2 speed, as well as the water absorbing Energy-Based attacks. The water depletes at a rate of 1/5th of it's max capacity a second however.
  • If a target is Fossilized in a Trick Room, they do not acquire the negative side effects (Minus damage and speed on allies, damage resistance on enemies), but the duration/escape difficulty is halved.
|Stage control is excellent with this team, as Armantle both uses his abilities to warp the stage, and then is used for both cover and a weapon! Z's Bubblebeam and Mud Shot are great here, trapping foes in hit stun or tripping to be followed up by Feraligatr, and as always fall into the constraints of Armantle's moveset. Although straightforward at first, all the little tricks and baiting involved will make this team have a tad higher learning curve, but getting to know them pays off big time with the raw power at their disposal!

tocador

Smash Lord
I haz teh 1337 argumentation skilz, all shall fall tu my logic.

I remember pichu was able to do some chock with his cheeks, is pikachu going to be able to do the same(but a stronger one, as he is bigger?)

day-day

Smash Ace
he wouldn't be paralyzed he'd probably be dead
lol I haven't been working on that pic. so lazy... I want to do it yet I don't... why do I stop everything I start!?!?!

Lol at a dead MK. If he did survive he'd probably have no idea where he was.

I haz teh 1337 argumentation skilz, all shall fall tu my logic.

I remember pichu was able to do some shock with his cheeks, is pikachu going to be able to do the same(but a stronger one, as he is bigger?)
He should be able to send stronger volts of elctricity

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Rock Smash
  • Strength
  • Hone Claws
|
  • With Metal Burst active, Bisharp can destroy Armantle's Rock creations to create explosions like Charizard's Brawl Side B with every hit for massive damage potential.
  • When Bisharp commands Feraligatr to use a smash attack, Gatr's smashes are performed 25% faster than normal. When Bisharp and Feraligatr are the only Pokemon remaining, Feraligatr can also command Bisharp with his Smashes due to experience.
|Team heavy, the three bulkiest Pokemon play their best when they combine their efforts towards bullying the opposition to oblivion. Armantle and Bisharp love having Gatr on the team, as Bisharp now has command over Armantle's boosted Smash Attacks, with super-armor! Or, Gatr's quicker smashes atop Armantle's traps. Combine that with natural staying power and great damage output with Bleed and Lava damage, and you got yourself one mean team.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Gosh, I hate both of these people so much....... I vote Pit for now, just because he has more weapons.

Top Bottom