• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Here is something interesting that I found out.

Event ID: 07070200 - Controls the rumble on your controller
Parameter 0 - Controls how big the rumble is.
Parameter 1 - Controls how long the rumble will last. (Frames I think)
Yesssss...this will come in handy for my new franchise!
Super Smash Bros. Massage!

Really though, good find.
-DD

Kirk

Smash Champion
He means to change the action to their "Fall" animation, which if you look at the action ID list, would be action "E."

This after a set interval...just add a timer to the subaction for when you want the character to change action.

Simple as that really.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
:dizzy: :confused:

...Can you dumb this down a little more? sorry that I'm noobish at this program.
Find the frame that your downward descent begins, and change the animation into the normal fall animation, and check the animation box thingy so it goes smooth.

:D Did that help?
-DD

just2good

Smash Cadet
:dizzy: :confused:

...Can you dumb this down a little more? sorry that I'm noobish at this program.

Add a change action to fall:

Change Action : action = E

Add a timer to change to that action

Synchronous Timer: frames = #

Add em together to look like this

Synchronous Timer: frames=#
Change Action: action=E

Add those 2 under the Event ID (In your case, the Momentum Event ID)

*edit* you 2 beat me to it.

MaxThunder

PM Support
...does anyone know how to make yoshis double jump lower?.. like really low?... that would help making my yoshi more balanced... he's got nine jumps

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Thanks. XD

EDIT: okay...one frame is too little... I can constantly cancel my dair, and keep on floating upwards O_o

EDIT 2: Okay, new problem. I don't know how to get it so the hitbox comes out, but she doesn't rocket downwards still. The cancelling thing just made me more confused. XD

TreK

Is "that guy"
How much frames does a x1 hitlag lasts ? I'm doing frame stuffz for my characters.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
How much frames does a x1 hitlag lasts ? I'm doing frame stuffz for my characters.
Probably multiplies the number that is set as the global hitlag variable by the number you set there.

...does anyone know how to make yoshis double jump lower?.. like really low?... that would help making my yoshi more balanced... he's got nine jumps
Its under properties of the character. Double Jump height. Its there, you can find it :D!

Thanks. XD

EDIT: okay...one frame is too little... I can constantly cancel my dair, and keep on floating upwards O_o

EDIT 2: Okay, new problem. I don't know how to get it so the hitbox comes out, but she doesn't rocket downwards still. The cancelling thing just made me more confused. XD
Uhh...well...since you're canceling the action... you'd need to put the hitboxes on the corresponding frames of the action you're switching into.

And if you're going into the fall animation...then the hitbox will be on that animation whenever you use it.

SO! How about you do this:
Put DAir's animation on a different attack, like NAir. Leave everything else about NAir the same. See if you still drop.

>_> Good luck with that.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
...i actually tried that... put it to zero and it diddent change at all... i think he is a little special...
uhh....try putting it to 5 then.
and are you using Brawl+ or vBrawl to test these on?

If you're using vBrawl, theres like, no hitstun anyways...so it wouldn't be noticed if you removed it all.
However, if you multiplied it by 5, you'll know >_>..
-DD

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Ok, I'll have a picture up today. It seems that Lucario only goes into that pose on my Wii, but according to you guys he doesn't otherwise and goes to his normal pose.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
why would hitstun have anything to do whith it?

and i'm making him for brawl+
Oops. Misread "hitlag" as "hitstun". >_> But the same idea should still apply. I mean, Brawl+ did turn hitlag way down, so you need a multiply it way back up.

Ok, I'll have a picture up today. It seems that Lucario only goes into that pose on my Wii, but according to you guys he doesn't otherwise and goes to his normal pose.
>_> Yea. Your .pac isn't even any different from a normal lucario's .pac

Are you sure you don't have any moveswap codes going on? or something?
-DD

MaxThunder

PM Support
Oops. Misread "hitlag" as "hitstun". >_> But the same idea should still apply. I mean, Brawl+ did turn hitlag way down, so you need a multiply it way back up.
... i guess you misread the absence of the word "hitlag" as hitlag right?... cause i never said it...

anyway... i dont get what hitstun or hitlag has to do whith this... i'm trying to get yoshis double jump to be shorter... like... going lower... like its a shorthop...

but i still want to keep my airwalking...(give yoshi a lot of jumps and spam jump nutton and you'll know what i mean...

Edit:@guy above me: nice stance=)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
... i guess you misread the absence of the word "hitlag" as hitlag right?... cause i never said it...

anyway... i dont get what hitstun or hitlag has to do whith this... i'm trying to get yoshis double jump to be shorter... like... going lower... like its a shorthop...

but i still want to keep my airwalking...(give yoshi a lot of jumps and spam jump nutton and you'll know what i mean...

Edit:@guy above me: nice stance=)
Whoa, my bad. I got you and Tene confused.

Yea, you want to set Yoshi's initial V Jump[0x038 real low], and then set the Air Jump Multiplier[0x048] low too[no lower than one, unless you want to jump down o.o], and he won't gain much distance between jumps.

-DD

MaxThunder

PM Support
Whoa, my bad. I got you and Tene confused.

Yea, you want to set Yoshi's initial V Jump[0x038 real low], and then set the Air Jump Multiplier[0x048] low too[no lower than one, unless you want to jump down o.o], and he won't gain much distance between jumps.

-DD

currently i have initial v jum at 1... and air jump at 0.1... neither of the jumps changed...

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Hey, it looks like people are discovering this, and I should probably stop sitting on it. *lazy*

This is the command as in my notes:

Move Character
0E080400:
Parameter 1: (Scalar) horizontal velocity
Parameter 2: (Scalar) vertical velocity
Parameter 3: (Scalar) 0
Parameter 4: (Value) 1

I don't know what the last two parameters do yet <.<
where should his line go? Main or other?

ALF

Smash Cadet
So can anyone help me out? I'm completely stumped. I'm trying to angle Falco's lasers differently, but whenever I use the code for creating a laser (Generate Article 1), it moves perfectly horizontal. The only line in his uthrow and bthrow that isn't already plainly spelled out is 10050200: 0-0 3-0, which turns off article 0 (his gun). None of the codes in his Other section match up to when the lasers are fired. How does it happen?

ALF

Smash Cadet
you can't edit props, which is what his lasers are.
It has to be being edited somewhere down the line, his uthrow shoots them upwards even though they are the same props as his normal horizontal-firing ones. The question I have now is if it doesn't get edited in his .pac, where does it then? Something is happening, and I'd like to know what.

D

Deleted member

ALF, I noticed that around the same timming as the lasers (articles) are created, there are some unknown commands in other activated. try to copy those over as well.

as easy test replace Dair (or any aerial) with Dthrow animation and copy over Main, GFX, SFX and Other. if that doesn't work I don't know what to do.

ALF

Smash Cadet
ALF, I noticed that around the same timming as the lasers (articles) are created, there are some unknown commands in other activated. try to copy those over as well.

as easy test replace Dair (or any aerial) with Dthrow animation and copy over Main, GFX, SFX and Other. if that doesn't work I don't know what to do.
It didn't look like those commands matched up frame-wise to the generate commands, but I'll try it anyway.

EDIT: Didn't work. Those unknown commands shake the screen, I think.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Question: Is it possible to have a subaction jump to another subaction, then jump back?

EDIT: Oh, and how do I hold an enemy in place, like with the final smashes of Ike and the Links?

Top Bottom