• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Remove the thing that you edit to change the aerial movement. Before you do, though, there's a little button on the bottom right that says copy. Click that with the command highlighted. If it doesn't work, click paste and move it back to where it belongs.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
oh, ok. :)

but is it possible to just remove parameter one (the aerial movement one), or do I have to delete all four parameters? @_@

hmm... I removed it, and she still goes rocketing down.. @_@?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Don't be in the edit command part. Basically, delete the whole thing, not the parameters alone.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
k, I'll try that.

....ok, putting it to 0 made her go even farther down before I could jump. I'll try going the other way lol

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
Where do they go?
i'm pretty sure you just specify the frames where they start and end

example (DK's giant punch):
Code:
Asynchrous Timer: frames = 16               @Frame 16
1E000200: 0-1, 1-0,                         Super armor begins
Asynchrous Timer: frames = 17               @Frame 17
Offensive Collsion                          Hitboxe appears
Synchrous Timer: frames = 1                 One frame after 17
Offensive Collison                          Hitboxes 
Synchrous Timer: frames = 2                 2 frames after 1 frame after 17
1E000200: 0-0, 1-0,                         Super armor is gone
Synchrous Timer: frames = 2
(....)
so it loks like DK has 4 frames of SA on his giant punch

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Yeah, try putting 1 or 2 in there.
no, it was at 2 initially... I'm trying 10 XD

and I noticed that zss's was at 0.5...

I think

the lower the number, the faster they are propelled downwards.

which is why zss does down faster than sheik, because sheik's is at 2 initially.

EDIT: okay...ten is WAY too high. XD she like flies upwards. XD

...although she still rockets downwards at the end.. :(

there's another thing below this that has a parameter 0 set as 2...I'll mess with that.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
The animation itself can be coded to move them, you know. Stuff like the run animation are coded for that (which is why if you change one of the movement animations you'll get a situation where you constantly warp back to the starting point).
EDIT: Try removing 0E060100 and 0E070100 along with 0E080100. Maybe that'll work.
Or move 0E070100 to the end- that's it! When she moves up a bit, THAT'S the 2 doing that! Move 0E070100 to the end!

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Really? ._. I could have sworn that'd be the command for ending the movement...
And just click on the command and use the down arrow button next to Add, Modify, and Remove.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
OH. I see it. but it's already at the end...what do you mean, exactly?

and there's parameter with it that's set to 2...

EDIT: that parameter that's at 2 by the E070100 thingy, in scalar, is says " 3.333333E-05"

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Umm... Try removing all 3, see if that works. Again, make sure to keep them copied. Copy one, paste it at the bottom, then do that for the other 2 so they're at the bottom. Then highlight all 3 (just click and drag over all 3), hit copy, then remove them (and the originals).

Hmm... try setting the animation to something else, see if it still rockets down.

I may have to go soon >< I'll stall as long as I can.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
My Toon Link can complete the Hyrule Challenge with just his Dair now 0_o

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
It could just be for Toon Link but all I had to do was change the negative sign in that perimeter to a positive.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Hey, it looks like people are discovering this, and I should probably stop sitting on it. *lazy*

This is the command as in my notes:

Move Character
0E080400:
Parameter 1: (Scalar) horizontal velocity
Parameter 2: (Scalar) vertical velocity
Parameter 3: (Scalar) 0
Parameter 4: (Value) 1

I don't know what the last two parameters do yet <.<

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I still can't get sheik's dair to not rocket down. Help please, anyone? @_@

Like, I want it to be like melee, where she does the attack and stuff, but she doesn't rocket down.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
yeah, but I don't want that. I want it like melee. I don't want it so that she can jump anytime, but she still goes down...the only thing I want is to stop her from ****ing droppin like a rock. I want it like Melee. I don't care about the IASA frames.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
yeah, but I don't want that. I want it like melee. I don't want it so that she can jump anytime, but she still goes down...the only thing I want is to stop her from ****ing droppin like a rock. I want it like Melee. I don't care about the IASA frames.
Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread, but did you try using 0E080400 to apply a vertical momentum upward?

Kirk

Smash Champion
Just thought I'd add, that same line is used in Ike's Aether when he starts plummeting downwards.

0E080400: 1-0, 1-FFFA81C0, 1-0, 0-1,

This comes out to be:

Parameter 0(Scaler): 0
Parameter 1(Scaler): -6
Parameter 2(Scaler): 0
Parameter 3(Value): 00000001

Seems consistent with what has been said so far. :)

And I'd test now but I can't...but I believe changing parameter 1 to a positive value would have the opposite effect...making them go upwards instead.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Just thought I'd add, that same line is used in Ike's Aether when he starts plummeting downwards.

This comes out to be:

And I'd test now but I can't...but I believe changing parameter 1 to a positive value would have the opposite effect...making them go upwards instead.
Try setting Parameter 1 to the characters weight/fallspeed/something that would seem like a NORMAL thing to happen during the attack. Either that or start using decimals.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
does anyone want to test 0E010200 as well? i would do it myself, but i don't have time right now
it seems appropriately close to momentum (it's in marth's aerial shield breaker)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Ughhh...so how did he make the animations switch? I'm looking at the .pacs right now...and nothing...its just all blank...
wtf =3=;;

I'm gonna load up see if it even replaced them.

Pft. Nothing is changed on Lucario >_>...

Have I been trolled?
-DD

Zschalix

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, i'm sorry if this seriously annoys anyone, but i'd like to check on a couple of things.

1. If your edited .pac file is too big for that character, what happens?

2. My game has started freezing when i attempt to exit training mode. Does anyone have any idea why this is? I assume it is because of #1. (For clarification, all of the game freezes except for the audio.)

just2good

Smash Cadet
Hey, it looks like people are discovering this, and I should probably stop sitting on it. *lazy*

This is the command as in my notes:

Move Character
0E080400:
Parameter 1: (Scalar) horizontal velocity
Parameter 2: (Scalar) vertical velocity
Parameter 3: (Scalar) 0
Parameter 4: (Value) 1

I don't know what the last two parameters do yet <.<

This comes out to be:

does anyone want to test 0E010200 as well? i would do it myself, but i don't have time right now
it seems appropriately close to momentum (it's in marth's aerial shield breaker)

Thanks to that info, I got Marth to do a Flash Step Slash. Thanks

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
:3 I already discovered that.

We seem to be making leaps and bounds in using this program, even without PW's help. I'm surprised. :D

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Hey guys, i'm sorry if this seriously annoys anyone, but i'd like to check on a couple of things.

1. If your edited .pac file is too big for that character, what happens?

2. My game has started freezing when i attempt to exit training mode. Does anyone have any idea why this is? I assume it is because of #1. (For clarification, all of the game freezes except for the audio.)
1. The game loads the normal File instead of yours.

2. Sorry no clue, I dont think its a problem of your .pac o.O (Maybe your Codeset) if its your character then this would be really strange. Did you tried another character or did you replaced the file by the original one (no changes) ??? try this or answer me

:3 I already discovered that.

We seem to be making leaps and bounds in using this program, even without PW's help. I'm surprised. :D
We just test everything. We copy and paste random stuff and see how it works. Or we compare two characters and see if an similar move has similar lines. But I think, thats all we can do and its enough and good. And when the time goes on we understand more and more how the characters are build. Maybe we will discover how to deal healing or self damaging sometimes ^^

just2good

Smash Cadet
Here is something interesting that I found out.

Event ID: 07070200 - Controls the rumble on your controller
Parameter 0 - Controls how big the rumble is.
Parameter 1 - Controls how long the rumble will last. (Frames I think)

Top Bottom