• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(lock This Thread A New One Has Been Made)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
I'd suggest that if you are taking away his projectiles, give him two swords like Pit to make up for it. How boss would it be to see Link dual swording the crap out of people, with wind? :O

btw, what are you doing to fix his recovery? this is on the forefront of everyones mind when they hear of Link...

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
Altered Physics : slightly faster, weight closer to that of Ike, better aerial mobility. I think he needs that to make up for the lack of projectiles.

B/Aerial B: original Dash Attack. Grounded version does more shield damage and has IASA frames.

Side B: Marseilles Rolling lol. It's an altered forward roll, the intangibility frames kick in earlier and so do the IASA frames, but the overall intangibilty window is smaller. Can be performed in the air in order to turn around before landing.

DownB: The original F-Smash 2. Fire effect and an explosion behind Link as he lunges forward, which is the only GFX edit I mentioned earlier. I might change this for something totally different though.

Aerial DownB: Downward Spin attack. Coupled with momentum, you can use this to move around the stage by hovering over the floor. Very punishable due to lag after the attack. I might alter the hitbox and KB on the last hit if needed.

UpB: Grounded Bair. Looks pretty cool rather than awkward actually, think how Guile does that inverted kick in Street Fighter 2, it kinda feels the same. Link attacks behind him with this, obviously. I haven't decided if I should use a Reverse Direction for this move, anyway with this you see the point of Side B if you didn't already. At close range/point blank, B>UpB is a combo.

Aerial Up B: Rising Bair for now, but I want to try some other things that could prove more interesting.

Other changes, off the top of my head :

Dash Attack: is now the Fthrow kick with an altered hitbox to make it more useful. Forces tripping when it hits. So yeah, he can run up to you and kick you in the face just like that. So manly.
F-Smash: is its own follow-up. Damage and KB heavily reduced, I set it up so that it's easy to get out of with SDI, and unless I messed up, you have less time to press A for the follow-up.
Dair : now behaves similarly to TLink's Bair except Link here is propelled downwards even faster. The later hitbox deals significant shield damage.

I have other ideas for moves, but there's so many things I don't want to get rid of... Choices need to be made, obviously.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking for a way to keep his shield on his back actually for just that.. dual wielding..

and with recovery i'm gonna test having him fire the Clawshot right after he finishes the upward spin.

and with that.. i shall sleep.. i have work in 4 hours -_-

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon goes on Steroids!

The Real Captain Falcon!

Unfortunately, no screenshots... As I don't know how to get them.

He has an Aerial Punch!

I've always thought that Falcon deserved a better moveset than what he has now. This is the moveset I've always dreamed that he'd have.

Hopefully, you'll like him. Not a lot of things have been done...Because some of his attacks seem buggy when replaced with new animations. Got lots of work pending.

HE WAS MADE TO BE LEGIT! Not to be a broken/colorful character! Some might assume he's extremely boring and unoriginal. But I'd suggest trying him first.

.: Changes:

- The Knee is now Neutral Air
- Forward Air is now a Punch/Slap *Needs Feedback.*
- Forward Tilt is now a quick elbow hit. (Still needs tweaking)
- Up Smash is now Up tilt's kick *Needs Feedback*

.: To do list:

- Remove Infinite Jab
- Add knockback to Falcon's 3rd Jab
* Tried, but comeback animation still bugs.
- Change Forward Smash into a kick (Tried, but buggy.)
- Change Up tilt into an uppercut
- Change Down tilt to be similar to Ganon's
- Add Fire element on certain attacks (F-Air, DSmash...)
- Balance every changes properly (Last priority right now)
Here it is! LEGIT FALCON!

*I will repeat it once again, I'm not done with him. Some of his moves have the same animations... But it won't stay that way for long. UTilt will become an Uppercut and FSmash will become a kick.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Testing legit falcon before bed.
If you could leave some feedbacks in my visitors' wall, it would be appreciated.
Thank you.

EDIT:

Response to feedback.
About the similar animations, it's in my character post now.
And as for F-Air, I'll work on it. I guess I made it too much like Sheik's.
I'll also add some knockback to his Ftilt, as it seems to combo into itself as you've said.
Also, could anybody tell me if they have more trouble landing Sweetspotted Knees?
Because I personally don't, but it might be me not being all that bad with it...

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
About legit falcon;

His f-tilt is broken. It's like a faster F-smash that combo's into itself. By the way , its really weird to have the exact same animation for f-smash and f-tilt, and u-tilt and u-smash. The new U-smash makes u-tilt have no purpose, because they are basically the same but U-smash is stronger. F-air is useful offstage because of its comboability, and onstage it wrecks because it has almost no landing lag. Nair as the knee makes it harder to sweetspot, but whatever, I could get used to it. I'd really recommend some animation swaps though, right now it is just odd that he has the same moves repeated.

Thanks for making the char though!

(copy-pasta'd from his wall)

EDIT: oh, and his fair is easy for combos. Fair>ftilt, Fair>fall off a platform>Fair, running momentum Fair>sweetspot knee, Fair>F-smash, Fair>Fair>fall off a platform>Knee (yes, this one works), Fair>Fair>Fair, Fair>jab, Fair>any move. The move is versatile and has almost no landing lag, its really ridiculous.

EDIT EDIT: but the hitbox itself is tiny and probably has zero priority, so it probably isn't broken. Still, Falcon is back for combos.

Oh, and U-smash is the exact same as u-tilt. wth? oh well.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
I like the new Fair, and I think it will be much improved if you give him new u-tilt and F-smash as you said. If you are going to make falcon legit however, how about increasing priority on his attacks? alot of falcon players john about that.

And yes, I'm double posting, but I'm entitled. I've edited the hell out of my previous post.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
I like the new Fair, and I think it will be much improved if you give him new u-tilt and F-smash as you said. If you are going to make falcon legit however, how about increasing priority on his attacks? alot of falcon players john about that.

And yes, I'm double posting, but I'm entitled. I've edited the hell out of my previous post.
About Up Smash and Utilt, thing is... It can kill at around 100% when you charge it just a tiny bit. It's extremely easy to land it. You simply need to run and charge it with Z right at the moment you push the C-stick Up. Then again, I might play with it some more... As it seems to be an useless addition right now.

I don't know a lot about all those things yet, but since when was it possible to increase priority? I'll look into it. I'm still a newbie and barely know about the values of KB and such yet. :laugh:

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
That sounds ridiculous, but the captain deserves a good kill move.

I don't know if it is, but it would make him legit.
Yes, it does sound ridiculous.
Then again, he was never known for his approach game :dizzy:.
I'm not sure that we can actually edit priorities... I'll look it up. But last time I've heard of it, people said it was impossible.

EDIT: Btw... I think it kills at around 115%, but I'm not sure. Should I nerf it a good shot or just a bit?

Revven

FrankerZ
You can edit priority of moves if you double click the hitbox you want to edit and scroll all the way down to Flags. In one of the spots, there's a two digit number that controls priority. Right now, we believe 2 is normal, 3 is transcendent priority and 4 is (I believe) MK's Drill Rush priority (where no matter what, no move can hit him out of it except projectiles like Snake's grenades or C4s). Mess around with it.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
You can edit priority of moves if you double click the hitbox you want to edit and scroll all the way down to Flags. In one of the spots, there's a two digit number that controls priority. Right now, we believe 2 is normal, 3 is transcendent priority and 4 is (I believe) MK's Drill Rush priority (where no matter what, no move can hit him out of it except projectiles like Snake's grenades or C4s). Mess around with it.
That sounds really useful... um, is there any more information than that? "one of the spots" is not very clear. Also, why is it a two-digit number if it only goes up to 4? If you happen to know.

Revven

FrankerZ
That sounds really useful... um, is there any more information than that? "one of the spots" is not very clear. Also, why is it a two-digit number if it only goes up to 4? If you happen to know.
Two digit meaning there is always going to be a 0 before the 4 or 3 or whatever. More specific? It's like the second pair of digits. So it goes like this:

XX04XXXX

just2good

Smash Cadet
Elemental Marth V3 is getting closer to being finished. So far its in V2.8. I decided to make a blog for E.Marth and all future SA Character Projects im going to do. That way I can do regular updates in one place. So please visit and/or subscribe to the feed on the site to get instant updates xD.

http://j2gelemental.wordpress.com

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Considering that the new Brawl+ files are .PAC files, the new characters will not get any Brawl+ bonuses; you have to add them yourself.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Considering that the new Brawl+ files are .PAC files, the new characters will not get any Brawl+ bonuses; you have to add them yourself.
Or the annoying way. Take the new pacs and transfer your character's changes on them.

A update to Shishigami Sheik V2.5 is coming later today.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Hey, can someone try out my DarkSamus PSA file? I haven't really done much since I really don't know how to use this besides swapping animation names and stuff but I just want some of your opinions on how it looks so far and if any of you guys are willing to help me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z3yznxmzuzm

I haven't done much, here's a list of things I did
Back and forward rolls are changed (no more morphball, I want to know if that's a good idea though...)
Jab2 is different
Ftilt is different (angled ftilts are the same though)
Utilt is different
Dsmash (charge and attack) is different. No hitbox yet but I really want a darkness graphic trailing on the floor around her (or maybe a darkness bubble).
Usmash is slightly different

That's about it. I want to work on the animations before working on sound/graphics. There's so much to do. Here's a list of questions I have thus far...
What is the subaction for Zair?
Is there a way to make a character "levitate" while moving? I want to make DSamus have a FallF animation without touching the ground...
Is there a way to make a character disappear or disintegrate? I want to use that animation as DSamus' roll.
Are sound effects limited to characters? Or are all the sound effects available no matter which character you are (Samus with Wolf's scratch SFX)?

Thanks!

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
Generic Rage Link

So yeah, I'm releasing the first version of my first PSA character edit. As previously stated, this Link has no projectiles: you'll have to rely on his significantly improved mobility to put constant pressure on your opponent with melee-ranged attacks only.

To make up for this, this rushdown oriented version of Link, while still lacking when it comes to recovery (though a few tricks can help), is able to take a bit more abuse than its ordinary counterpart.

Moveset:

B: Dash'n Slash

(possible in the air)

The original dash attack. Has IASA frames (later for the aerial version) and tends to help breaking shields.

Side B: Hylian Roll

(possible in the air)

Ken and Abel players are likely to love this. Use it in the air to turn around before landing and get some momentum. Gets IASA frames before an ordinary roll.

Down B: Explosive Slash

The original F-Smash 2. Fire effect, and a kill move.. Easily punished if blocked or whiffed though.

Up B: Reverse Kicks

A grounded Bair. Second kick has a sweetspot that causes unSDIable knockback.

Aerial Down B: Downwards Spin Attack

An easily punishable move that allows for some movement with the help of momentum if done properly.

Aerial Up B: Rising Thrust

Uair that propels upwards, deals more damage and KB if the later hitbox connects. Lagless recovery is possible if you time your landing correctly. Also a viable option to end combos, but it requires precision.

Dash attack: The Holy Kick of Love and Rage

The F-Throw kick. Forces tripping, allowing for combos/tech chases.

F-Smash: Meat Slicer

F-Smash is now its own follow-up. Use it to close in as you clank with projectiles but beware when you actually connect with the repeated slashes, as it is quite easy for an opponent to escape and/or counter-attack.

Enough talk already. Here's the download. Feedback welcome, of course. Have fun.

DOWNLOAD

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Is there a way to make a character "levitate" while moving? I want to make DSamus have a FallF animation without touching the ground...
Is there a way to make a character disappear or disintegrate? I want to use that animation as DSamus' roll.
The answer to two of your questions have been floating around lately.

For the first:

This is the command as in my notes:

Move Character
0E080400:
Parameter 1: (Scalar) horizontal velocity
Parameter 2: (Scalar) vertical velocity
Parameter 3: (Scalar) 0
Parameter 4: (Value) 1

I don't know what the last two parameters do yet <.<
If I understand you rightly, you want to make Samus float. Giving her the right amount of vertical velocity with this should do it.

As for disappearing, you can do invisibility with this:

Visibility
0B020100: Parameter 1: Boolean

True means you're visible. False means you aren't.
If you're confused by these commands, shortly after the post from my 2nd quote is an explanation of how to use them. Hope this helps! I'll try to test your Smaus at some point.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Eldiran but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about...
I am completely unexperienced with this thing but from what you've said, I guess I'm supposed to do this...?
Go to Samus' Run animation subaction (Main Event), ADD a new Nop and modify it with
0E080400:
Parameter 1: (Scalar) horizontal velocity (00000000)
Parameter 2: (Scalar) vertical velocity (uhhh, say 00000010)

Am I somewhat close? I didn't achieve the floating effect that I want to so I know I definitely did this wrong.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Thanks Eldiran but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about...
I am completely unexperienced with this thing but from what you've said, I guess I'm supposed to do this...?
Go to Samus' Run animation subaction (Main Event), ADD a new Nop and modify it with
0E080400:
Parameter 1: (Scalar) horizontal velocity (00000000)
Parameter 2: (Scalar) vertical velocity (uhhh, say 00000010)

Am I somewhat close? I didn't achieve the floating effect that I want to so I know I definitely did this wrong.
That looks like it! Except, 10 will probably make the character fly way offscreen. Floating would be closer to 1.

Just in case you did something different, here's the run-through:

Add a Nop, Modify it, and hit "Change". In the bottom right of the new window is a text box, which you put the command code (0E080400) into. Then, change the Parameters to the right types and values using the drop-down menus and text fields, and that's it.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
Hey Eldiran, is there a specific up value i need to have my character float, or does it depend on the character's gravity?

Also I'm working on smoke and shadows sheik. Lots of shadow effects on her attacks and smoke on her movement, improved killer moves and the invisibility down B on ground. (Becmoes visible when hit or presses down B again.)

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Animation Flags: Moves Character (also tried it with Loop)
0E080400:
Parameter 1: (Scalar) 0
Parameter 2: (Scalar) 1,3,10

None of these worked... I did everything exactly as you said, none of them made Samus float with the Run animation or FallF animation...

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Ah! Iamthemovie, the velocity command doesn't work if you have "Moves Character" flagged.

B3Brawler, I think that it depends on personal gravity. You'll probably have to experiment.

I have my own question: does anyone have a list of any of the sound effects in the game (with values), particularly those that are universal?

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Ah! Iamthemovie, the velocity command doesn't work if you have "Moves Character" flagged.

B3Brawler, I think that it depends on personal gravity. You'll probably have to experiment.

I have my own question: does anyone have a list of any of the sound effects in the game (with values), particularly those that are universal?
Not the right thread to be asking that in. Try the general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom