• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New DK Video Thread - New Format!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Are we talking about the platform?
Haha yeah. My friends Punishment Divine and KirinBlaze were actually the ones who said his name was Roger. I am curious now, so I am going to research it. xD

The only thing I could find was "Whimsical Support Ghost". lol. And a ghost that sort of resembles the one in Yoshi's Island in Brawl can be found as a boss in Super Mario World 2. His name is Roger the potted ghost, so that could be where the name comes from. Those ghosts were definitely in regular levels of the game though...sigh this is really going to bother me ;p

Edit: Upon further research, I have found something quite disappointing. His real name is in fact, "Support Ghost" – Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

http://www.freewebs.com/mario-encyclopedia/charathersnz.htm

So I guess we can call him whatever we want because support ghost just seems rather boring =/

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
Why are there no videos of cable?
Cause cable doesn't post videos...
Here's some vids I recorded, I guess i'll post them here since he doesn't post on these character boards and he's in my crew.

CABLE vs Mew2King 1

CABLE vs. Mew2King 2

CABLE vs. Vex Kasrani 1

CABLE vs. Vex Kasrani 2

CABLE vs. Vex Kasrani 3

Cable(DK) vs Slikvik(Wario) 1

Cable(DK) vs Slikvik(Wario) 2

Cable(DK) vs Slikvik(Wario) 3

Subscribe for more Cable/NJ vids that will be up soon, including mad m2k stuff.

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
my only problem is that it says "best DK"

I played vex and m2k at genesis and did about the same, and MTH is better than me
This past saturday Vex and M2k both stated that cable had the best dk. Then when I informed them that bum was coming back, they simply stated that bum is smarter but Cable's dk is better.

edit:

Probably the best DK player in the US, Although Bum is a smarter player, Cable's DK is indeed better.

But it's w/e.

Luigi player

Smash Master
lol, Cable did some stupid mistakes. Why does he never use grounded upB? Still nice matches though :)

It's funny to read "best DK" and then he rolls into MK at the first few seconds in the first fight. Doesn't look that good to me. In the second fight against M2K he was way better.

Some people wrote M2K only won because of tornado spam... it's the only reason why this isn't DKs advantage imo :/ but Cable could've still won with a punch.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
The first match against M2K Cable played pretty dumb imho.

The second match was much better.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Good DK Ook.

The only thing I recommend is up B his side B. You werent doing that at all from the first two matches I saw.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
When I played m7h we were fairly even. Games were going back and forth. It was wifi though, so timing doesn't work at all.

daisho

Smash Lord
Ultra massive update on my post. Added 16 new videos plus a highlight/combo video.

I'm trying to assemble a "don't take DK to RC" video so if anybody has any tilt locks on RC send um to me please.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
Ultra massive update on my post. Added 16 new videos plus a highlight/combo video.

I'm trying to assemble a "don't take DK to RC" video so if anybody has any tilt locks on RC send um to me please.
dont forget cargo dthrow walk off/close to blast zone kills! those are always fun! :chuckle:

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I'm uploading a tourney set vs a diddy to my youtube account now, which is linked to in my main video post.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
So I just uploaded a set from Genesis. It was the first match I played of the winners bracket. I honestly feel I should have won it. I guess thats a lesson to all, that drinking heavily the night before is not a good idea. =\

Theres also a friendly against a Falco that I added.

I didnt even know any of these matches existed, I found them last night so I uploaded them just now. :)

Enjoy and critique if possible.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
one thing i can see you were doing at first against MK was using a lot of downb, which i wouldnt say is a great idea in that matchup since MK's forte is his airgame/tornado, also, save your charged up paunches for when you're almost certain to land them, since against MK you dont have that much time to charge them

rainbow cruise is gay for MK

what happened in match 3 when you hit him with the fully charged paunch? it didnt send him anywhere :S

lol tornado beats invinsible upb glitch

CBK

Smash Journeyman
around here he's called that little *****

This **** made me lawl all day, I think I've found a way around tornado! Just an announcement, I've found a way around tornado while DK is in the air. Just need to make sure I'm right before spilling it.XD

daisho

Smash Lord
This **** made me lawl all day, I think I've found a way around tornado! Just an announcement, I've found a way around tornado while DK is in the air. Just need to make sure I'm right before spilling it.XD
If this is some sort of sick joke I might have to murder you.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
^ Hopefully its not.

CBK

Smash Journeyman
Haha, see I've been testing many ways of falling into tornado with attacks and as of now I have a pretty succesful way of stuffing nado. But I'm going to test it at a tournament where MK won't know it's coming. So until then guys you'll have to wait for video evidence.

ook

Smash Lord
You can't just say "I have a pretty succesful way of stuffing nado" and then not tell us. D:
Tell it so then we can test it too. :bee:

cmon man....

come awn

CBK

Smash Journeyman
Haha, well if I tell people how am I supposed to test it, it might leak and then it would be hard to have already be adapting to it. BUt tell you what going to SacAnime there is a tournament and a few talented MK's should be there at least ones that spam, I'll tell you how it comes out K>XD

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
what would be the point in keeping all the valuable information if you just keep it within the backroom people. just let him do what he wants and let him release it when he wants.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I like to keep secrets too in the back room. like how to get out of wario's chain grab at low%..... wait I just said a secret. **** IT

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
people just want attention. anything that dk can do to 'beat' the tornado, the MK can just modify their tornado spamming into intelligently-safe nadoing for still a problem. or bait the interception and punish it instead. All of DK's moves are huge and slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom