• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New DK Video Thread - New Format!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
Played some matches VS ChiboSempai (amazing ROB) and Rush (hard-to-play-against Diddy) Matches will be up this weekend and I'll update my post.

crifer

Smash Lord
ultimo:
first match diddy: good use of sideB ofstage, I really liked the dair´s at the edge. Overall no real mistakes.
second diddy: nice sheild pressure (fsmash charged), ohhhh and awesome sheild break <3 , was it a 8 or 9 punch, I counted 8 O.o
first match rob: overall no mistakes that I saw, nice ending^^

great DK man ;-)

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I counted a 7 punch lol

Although Ultimo, as Crifer said. You have a solid DK. More experience will help you to fine tune a few things.

My biggest piece of advice right now would be to react faster. A lot of times I saw openings and you were a good second or two late to reacting to it. Also, at times there were openings to gimp/spike diddy as well as the option to take the only banana onstage for yourself.

Overall good Dk. Get some more experience to make it a Great Dk.

D0N

Smash Ace
AK you make Africa proud, I saw some nice things. You even super armored a bob-omb lol. Other than that a few there are a few key things I think you could have done better::

In your peach MM, I think you went for the full charge f-smash thing one too many times. Use that less often imo.

You picked some pretty bad times to roll like 0:31 and 2:25 in match 3. Im guessing it was the turnip pressure mostly. If so, you can move out of the way without rolling so you're more mobile. Thats assuming you're not going for a powershild.

In this same match at the beginning of peach's last stock, you airdodged into her and then rolled away twice. Try not to airdodge into someone like that unless your trying to buffer a move (U-tilt/grab), and even then its risky.

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
Thanks for the tips guys--I really need some tourney practice and I feel I'll be a force. People are so scared of DK's killing power.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Nice.

I expect some good vids.

ardirok

Smash Apprentice
AK, your DK is very good, especially against Diddy! And against Chibo you were amazing!

Ripple, go **** with your DK and kick some MK butts!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
ok guys which matches of my sig do you think i can win? be honest so i can practice

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if you'd post your **** sig I could see ><
lol I have too many money matches for my sig! and I never even thought about posting it

4rce $3 best of 5 DK ------------ -tempest- $1 DK
ratman $1 DK, ICs ------------ Mr. Doom $2 DK
Degyn Sefer $5 DK or bowser ------------ DMG $2 DK, $2 bowser
real inferno lots DK ,ICs -----------Ironboots $2 ICs
steeler $5 Bowser? ------------Esca $10 DK
Fino $5 DK-------------ALL OF MIDWEST AND TEXAS(escept MI) $5 DK only, FD
Dekar $10 DK----------Dphat $? DK

edit: of couse now it shows up! oh, and nice new name ;)

daisho

Smash Lord
lol I have too many money matches for my sig! and I never even thought about posting it

4rce $3 best of 5 DK ------------ -tempest- $1 DK
ratman $1 DK, ICs ------------ Mr. Doom $2 DK
Degyn Sefer $5 DK or bowser ------------ DMG $2 DK, $2 bowser
real inferno lots DK ,ICs -----------Ironboots $2 ICs
steeler $5 Bowser? ------------Esca $10 DK
Fino $5 DK-------------ALL OF MIDWEST AND TEXAS(escept MI) $5 DK only, FD
Dekar $10 DK----------Dphat $? DK

edit: of couse now it shows up! oh, and nice new name ;)
lolz. I think your post has to be longer than you sig for it to show up...

But yeah, never heard of any of those people.

On that note I think you can win all of your DK ones. Not positive on the bowser or ICs ;)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
lolz. I think your post has to be longer than you sig for it to show up...

But yeah, never heard of any of those people.

On that note I think you can win all of your DK ones. Not positive on the bowser or ICs ;)

well esca is a diddy that almots beat mikehaze at a recent tourney. says he plays cyphus often

DMG=Dr. mario guy and he just camps his *** off every match as wario.

Steeler=best PT in midwest

dphat =MK that beat me at genesis

everyone else=managable I think

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
well esca is a diddy that almots beat mikehaze at a recent tourney. says he plays cyphus often

DMG=Dr. mario guy and he just camps his *** off every match as wario.

Steeler=best PT in midwest

dphat =MK that beat me at genesis

everyone else=managable I think
DPhat also beat me at Genesis. The matches were recorded too and were put on youtube in case anyone wants to watch it.

I should have beat him so sorry I guess Ripple? lol

Ill make a mental note not to get so drunk were it affects my game play the next morning. :psycho:

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
Dphats MK wasnt that good last time i played it. honestly thought his marf was way better.

then again that was a long time ago. last i knew, he didnt do any offstage shuttle loop kills and only kept you offstage with nair.

DMG.... jeebus. sickest camping ever. i wish his thread on the Tactical Discussion hadnt gotten closed. makes me want to play gay.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
the only reason I lost to dphat was because I took him to YI so I could deal with tornado but then that was the game I found out tornado>Roflcopter (invinci up-b)

I also got footstooled. :(

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
MK matchup is so freaking ********, because you can be literally ahead by 2 whole stocks and then before you know it BAM you lose because you were trying to do a ftilt near the edge but got pushed off and instead did a fair so your recovery wont get you high enough.

like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92jzKECxJJg

i guess it can happen in any matchup, but for MK it seems so much easier for him to make a huge comeback.

Luigi player

Smash Master
MK matchup is so freaking ********, because you can be literally ahead by 2 whole stocks and then before you know it BAM you lose because you were trying to do a ftilt near the edge but got pushed off and instead did a fair so your recovery wont get you high enough.

like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92jzKECxJJg

i guess it can happen in any matchup, but for MK it seems so much easier for him to make a huge comeback.
Why would you go to the edge if you're leading? That's right, you wouldn't (unless you want to escape from the tornado >.>). And yeah it could happen. Things like that are really stupid, but it doesn't happen often... just react fast enough and stop. If you already input the ftilt then oh well... don't stay with the back too near at the edge if MK/someone is in front of you (but really it's likely not many characters have such weak attacks that they don't hit you at least a little bit up and you have hitstun so that you don't do fair, it's just MKs 1st ftilt is so weak... this normally shouldn't happen).

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Yeah. As I always say. Metaknight would not be as good without the nado. =\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

D0N

Smash Ace
I have new vids up from my last tourney. Comments are welcome. I'll play better at this weekends tourney hopefully. Not that I think I did terribly, I just could've done a little better.

Stupid sig wont show...

D0N

Smash Ace
Thanks. Yea wolf's pretty annoying. Your never safe from the blaster. EVER

What sheild break are you refering to?

D0N

Smash Ace
Oh lol. Yea I had a bit of a blonde moment there. All in good fun. Did you watch any of the vids I was talking about? Its only the marth and PK trainer sets that are from last tourney. Snake vid was atleast 3 months old.

daisho

Smash Lord
Great matches! Ironic that you lost two matchups that really aren't bad for DK probably in his favor.

Some things that I noticed...

Alot of your ledgehopped punches were pretty predictable

Your headbutts weren't so useful and you got punished alot. Also know your opponent, the announcer dude said that the squirtle guy had a roommate who was a DK main, this should mean that he would know about firebreath < headbutt and would know to avoid it.

You need to understand the DK lock. 0-about 35 % you keep cargo D tossing and then you start the d tilt lock.

I think you play really similarly to me and I love watching your DK, cause you do everything better lol. Great job in that tournament!

D0N

Smash Ace
With the PK trainer it just goes to show that having experience/knowing a matchup > having it in your favor. The PK trainer I lost to gave me housing too lol. He knew I had no idea what to do, especially against squirtle. I agree with all you've said, thanks

daisho

Smash Lord
One more thing that I just remembered, at 0% you should consider going for D throw F tilt or if its a FFler then D throw D tilt Dtilt down b... its guaranteed damage in most cases and while you grab releases are very impressive they are not guarenteed.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master

Seton

Smash Apprentice
Cable is great, he's original and has a crazy use of the metagame with DK.
Where is BUM? he quited brawl? No videos of him since too long.

daisho

Smash Lord
Cable is great, he's original and has a crazy use of the metagame with DK.
Where is BUM? he quited brawl? No videos of him since too long.
Not officially, he might go to some tournaments soon but he's been saying that for a while.

Cable is still semi-active but he didn't do so well last season and ended up getting ranked 15th in NJ (still unofficial but I don't think he'll change, maybe off the list to talented but inactive).

I've never been to a tourney with him but am really looking forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom