• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It doesn't matter how much range a move has if it takes a long time to come out. >_> Most of Ike's stuff begs for a shield grab.

Also, you can solo chaingrab Ike with one Ice Climber.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I think we can agree on one thing about the match-up: its like dualing with flamethrowers while strapped with TNT. One false move = GG.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I think we can agree on one thing about the match-up: its like dualing with flamethrowers while strapped with TNT. One false move = GG.
Sounds 50/50 :p

Yeah, I can agree to that. Everything is so risky.

Kawaii: Ike isn't that slow. Really. And you HAVE to PS most of his stuff if its just coming out, because the ICs bad traction will prevent a grab (Found that out against Aurturito)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I've come to learn that Ike is only grab bait if you are really careless. If you use Smash attacks a lot, you're going to get grabbed. If you try to use quick draw as an attack or are not careful with your spacing while using it, you're going to get grabbed. It's the same way with his specials and fair.

meepxzero

Smash Master
wow am i really hearing ike beats ic lolol. okay okay....

bad ike vs bad ic is **** for ike.

good ike vs good ic is **** for ic.

There that makes the most sense. Ic have the biggest learning curve, but i feel like they are actually the easiest to play perfect at the highest level. As opposed to outsmarting ur opponent you set up traps that get you grabs and use what you trained against a cpu ingame.

not shamelessly promoting this character, but i kinda am.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Can you do us a favor Meep and go fight Kirk in some MMs or something like that? Because I can also say Ike can set traps as well, but now it's getting beyond facts (Like Ike has more range, ICs has 0-death CGs, etc) and into playing style more then actual character abilities.

meepxzero

Smash Master
Can you do us a favor Meep and go fight Kirk in some MMs or something like that? Because I can also say Ike can set traps as well, but now it's getting beyond facts (Like Ike has more range, ICs has 0-death CGs, etc) and into playing style more then actual character abilities.
yea after i beat him pretty badly hes gonna john about not knowing the match up lol... but sure if i run into him at a tourney al mm him.

Ive lost to neo's ike before so dont get me wrong about underestimating ike, but that just made me realize i needa perfect everything about my character to beat ike. Im pretty sure i can beat neo's ike now cuz he doesnt wanna try marth against me no more a far superior character. Perfect ic >>>>>>>> perfect ike.

Classicrf

Smash Rookie
Ike isn't incredibly slow. Some of his moves take forever but others are quick i.e. all his smashes (debatable?).

Noraa

Smash Lord
ic are not difficult to use at all, you can practice for mybe 3 days and be decent with them.
i think pt or yoshi have a higher learning curve. (just my opinion)

Meep, winning a tourny doesnt reflect on high how the curve is, if thats the case then there are tons of characters who have a higher curve.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I suck at CGing DK and Ganon.....man am i ****ed for when i fight them.

PT and Yoshi are easy as ****. Squirtle just rushes you, Ivy spaces bair and camps, Charizard grabs and Rock smashes, Yoshi egg camps into bair.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
ic are not difficult to use at all, you can practice for mybe 3 days and be decent with them.
i think pt or yoshi have a higher learning curve. (just my opinion)
Being a bad character =/= Having a high learning curve.

gantrain05

Smash Master
ice climbers are aight, in all honesty the probably do have the highest learning curve, but yoshi and trainer isn't tough lol, peach is harder than most and even she isn't TOO tough to learn.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ummmm you wanna see learning curve?

put ur cursor on snake
and than move it one spot down.

theres yoru learning curve.

lol character bias

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
If someone picked Random (Is that even allowed in tourneys?) for teh ultimat3 mindgam3s, it would have the highest learning curve.

Classicrf

Smash Rookie
ummmm you wanna see learning curve?

put ur cursor on snake
and than move it one spot down.

theres yoru learning curve.

lol character bias
Lolocaust. It's really easy to learn how your character fits into Sonic's moveset. He is crazy predictable.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
If someone picked Random (Is that even allowed in tourneys?) for teh ultimat3 mindgam3s, it would have the highest learning curve.
I believe Goofy has the highest learning curve. It takes true skill to wield such a beast. "COME ON!!!!!"

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
...Sonic doesn't even have that big of a learning curve... then again with Brawl most characters are easy to pick up on the spot and do decent with...

ICs are just practicing CGs, after that it's the usual know your spacing and junk... nothing else comes to mind about them... unless you want to get creative with your CGs.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
...Sonic doesn't even have that big of a learning curve... then again with Brawl most characters are easy to pick up on the spot and do decent with...

ICs are just practicing CGs, after that it's the usual know your spacing and junk... nothing else comes to mind about them... unless you want to get creative with your CGs.
You can do some crazy stuff with desynching as well.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Um...really?

I don't even want to get into this lmao. Most people who talk about climbers have no clue how to play them.

Directed at people talking about IC's vs Ike:
Also, IC's beat Ike. Pretty solidly at that. Can you please point out to me Ikes that are beating IC's? Anywhere? Tournament's aside, Ike has some tools to avoid grabs, but it is very easy to just get squall and uair damage off on him. Ike jumping over blizzard to fair = free uair. Ike countering blizzard = free anything. You can easily pivot grab ike out of fair as well if he trys to hit your blizzard.

To keep things simple, IC's beat ike by simply shielding then punishing. And if you think Ikes throws are fast enough to go unpunished then you should play me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom