• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
they are pretty good against mk

snake not so much

snake is slow so its pretty hard to adjust to those matchups, it takes a while to learn, especially when both parties are adapting and the other person uses a faster character.

the top holy trinity in tournys used to be snake/mk/ddd but now i think it is snake/mk/ic's, with wario/ddd/falco right below them.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm haha i'd agree with that

i still have faith in ddd though

9b's ddd just won a huge tournament in japan. hes pretty good

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Ice Climbers are the newest hype character basically, and with all these pros picking them up of course they're gonna get better tournie results.

And DDD will always be a tournie force cause he ***** so many people. He's one of the easiest characters in the game to CP and win a game with in many matchups, even without playing him much.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Ice Climbers are the newest hype character basically, and with all these pros picking them up of course they're gonna get better tournie results.
"all these pros picking them up"?

the only people doing well with ic's are people who have always used them since the beginning of brawl

Browny

Smash Hater
bah Sonic was supposed to rise, i cant believe i didnt notice this was missing >_<

OUGA's Back to School Special
9th august??? (doesnt say)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244476
1: Shugo (sonic)
2: Infern (snake/ike)
3: Sago (samus/mk)
4: Capem (mk)
5: Overswarm (mk/ROB)
5: Blue Rouge (wario)
7: Y.b.M. (kirby)
7: Argent (lucario)

unfortunately no details on entrants or entry fee, need someone else to confirm that. looks like 44 though.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Only just noticed..

The gap between Falco (3rd) and Marth (7th) is so signifcantly small.

It looks more and more like a tier list all the time to me. At least what my opinions of what the tier list should be.

(S Tier MK/Snake [or SS MK, S Snake] A Falco, Marth, Dedede, Diddy, ICs, Wario; B G&W, Pika, ZSS, Kirby, ROB, Olimar)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm kind of surprized people are making a big deal about the Ice Climbers because, like Diddy and Falco, they are characters that have risen and fallen since the game came out. Oh God... don't tell me people think the Ice Climbers have found a definate way to counter Metaknight... *looks at Diddy, Snake, Wolf, ZSS, Shiek, Bowser, Yoshi, and DK* Optimism FTW I guess...

gantrain05

Smash Master
i always thought ice climbers were better than they get credit for, but then again i think that about alot of characters like fox and peach lol.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm kind of surprized people are making a big deal about the Ice Climbers because, like Diddy and Falco, they are characters that have risen and fallen since the game came out. Oh God... don't tell me people think the Ice Climbers have found a definate way to counter Metaknight... *looks at Diddy, Snake, Wolf, ZSS, Shiek, Bowser, Yoshi, and DK* Optimism FTW I guess...
It's called "Meta Knight gets chaingrabbed just like the rest of the cast."

gantrain05

Smash Master
technically the IC's have the tools to make every match 100:0 lol, nobody is perfect tho, and some chars are just harder to grab than others.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's called "Meta Knight gets chaingrabbed just like the rest of the cast."
*flicks a raisin*

Which has totally made them counters to Metaknight in the past despite this being known since the game came out? Amirite? It's like with Wario and the 10 people who can infinite him; you can technically 0-death him, but you got to catch him first.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
*flicks a raisin*

Which has totally made them counters to Metaknight in the past despite this being known since the game came out? Amirite? It's like with Wario and the 10 people who can infinite him; you can technically 0-death him, but you got to catch him first.
It just makes them less bad against MK than other characters, not a counter :p

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It just makes them less bad against MK than other characters, not a counter :p
No, that's what I'm saying; I'm getting the feeling that people are hyping the Ice Climbers as a true counter when they're not. As I said, we've already gone through this before with a good chunk of the cast so I hope that people aren't blinded by their optimism to how things will play out in the future.

Flayl

Smash Hero
It's called desynched blizzard. IC's and Diddy have the results to back them up too.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
The people that play Ice Climbers just looked into stuff that beats out MK's stuff. Blizzard going right through tornado with no problem, UpAir being able to beat DAir if timed correctly, etc. And we're looking at something else to go through his DAir camping. The character is just getting a lot better.

Not biased btw.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
No, that's what I'm saying; I'm getting the feeling that people are hyping the Ice Climbers as a true counter when they're not. As I said, we've already gone through this before with a good chunk of the cast so I hope that people aren't blinded by their optimism to how things will play out in the future.
It's also because MK ccan counterpick a gay stage that the ICs will never beat him on (Brinstar, Norfair, RC to an extent), but he can win on their CPs. And IC will never take the set if they lost first game, because they have no hope on MKs CP, but he does on theirs. If you lose game one against MK as ICs, you have to change on game 3.

LOL Kawaii, Blizzard>MKs moveset. It still isn't enough though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's called desynched blizzard. IC's and Diddy have the results to back them up too.
As I said, they both have had their patterns of rising and falling since the game came out. I may be hanging onto Murphy's Law like a buoy in the middle of the ocean but I'm just warning people not to get overly excited based on what we've seen in the past. (ie; new strategy comes out, Metaknight players find a way around it in about a month.)

@ Karina:

Totally not biased. :psycho:

King~

Smash Champion
bah Sonic was supposed to rise, i cant believe i didnt notice this was missing >_<

OUGA's Back to School Special
9th august??? (doesnt say)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244476
1: Shugo (sonic)
2: Infern (snake/ike)
3: Sago (samus/mk)
4: Capem (mk)
5: Overswarm (mk/ROB)
5: Blue Rouge (wario)
7: Y.b.M. (kirby)
7: Argent (lucario)

unfortunately no details on entrants or entry fee, need someone else to confirm that. looks like 44 though.
august 8th, 52 entrants, 10 entrance fee

sago did not use samus in brackets
overswarm used rob once i believe in brackets

gantrain05

Smash Master
yeah, people never seem to think of the MK perspective, if something is beating them, then they can change it up too u know lol.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
yeah, people never seem to think of the MK perspective, if something is beating them, then they can change it up too u know lol.
Yeah, pretty much. I call it the "boss arguement." Like in Mario/Zelda games, the boss never changes no matter what you do so you can improve yourself as much as possible before fighting them. As expected, people aren't like this in real life and, unless your opponent hardly ever plays the game, it's very unlikely that they will pretty much always remain the same/not learn from their mistakes.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Yeah the top MKs lose to IC's and Diddy because they're secretly video game bosses in disguise.

Of course they adapt...

HMD

Smash Journeyman
What does diddy kong do if a meta doesn't use the tornado and is still a great mk

meepxzero

Smash Master
mk vs ic at the highest level of play is even at best. We only lose to snake and have a ton of even matches. If mk tries to fight us we flat out beat him, but if he camps its an even match up. We have all the tools to deal damage to him if he makes mistakes and he has tools if we predict stuff wrong (tornado). It becames a game of stock/percentage leads. MK has an easier time to play perfect, but he gets punished more if he makes a mistake (one grab one infinite). Ic have a harder time to play perfect, but are rewarded the most if they do right things.

Its pretty much a game of......

high risk/high reward vs lowrisk/low reward

That imo is a 50:50 match up if there was ever any.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
mk vs ic at the highest level of play is even at best. We only lose to snake and have a ton of even matches. If mk tries to fight us we flat out beat him, but if he camps its an even match up. We have all the tools to deal damage to him if he makes mistakes and he has tools if we predict stuff wrong (tornado). It becames a game of stock/percentage leads. MK has an easier time to play perfect, but he gets punished more if he makes a mistake (one grab one infinite). Ic have a harder time to play perfect, but are rewarded the most if they do right things.

Its pretty much a game of......

high risk/high reward vs lowrisk/low reward

That imo is a 50:50 match up if there was ever any.

MK is even against IC's yeah!

And you sir. Have a very creepy sig.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Lain didn't really play them at first either. He picked them up last fall if i remember right. He was a GAW main at first.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
"all these pros picking them up"?

the only people doing well with ic's are people who have always used them since the beginning of brawl
nto true. Godismyrock is a strong example of a player who didn't really pick him up until this year, and now is making his name known even further. All you need to be is a good player and learn the gaygrabs. People literally dont know how to fight this character. because there is not sure fire way to beat them. spliting them apart becomes less of an issue when one mistake will get you grabbed from 0-death.

I'm gonna pick him up too. might as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom