• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The Grapple Beam upgrade acquired from Gandrayda allowed Samus Aran to siphon or release energy. Siphoning would result in reenergizing Samus' Power Suit. Releasing it would cause damage to her opponents. Also, as for energy shields, it was possible to siphon those. In Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, on the Pirate Homeworld, the Space Pirates with the energy shields could simply be defeated by the Grapple Beam alone. It would blast off their armor, and then eventually take their own life.

As for hand-to-hand combat, I've never been a person who denied Samus' capability in hand-to-hand combat. There was a fanfiction written by the Metroid Interactive Fanfic, or MIFF. The authors were sharonlover of Metroid Database (he has some of his own fanfics on FanFiction.net), CapCom (who is also from Metroid Database), nameless, FireNexus, and some other fellow. In one of the stories in A New Beginning, there are these fictional characters called Goffs. Samus fells four of them without her suit. She doesn't have the suit at the time.

Well, in the same fanfic, some fellow who was watching her tells her that she was impressive. It takes several GF soldiers to take down one Goff. Anyway, the point is, I've never denied Samus' capability of close-combat. The fact that Metroid: Other M is allowing us to see Samus to fight close up and far away just further confirms my conviction on this matter. Knives can be avoided, but anyway, I don't know if a knife is going to breach Samus' armor. I think Samus has this one.

I seem to start new pages.

Sieguest

Smash Master
tiny blasters created by wolves from outer space are no match for armor created from descendants of gods...
psssh
anyway in corruption you were able to grapple things and pull on them as well as swing across targets

dude if spamus wins I've got the perfect vid. to show
Charge Blaster Shot...

Wait a second . . . I thought Wolf only had a reflector in Brawl (for moveset purposes) or am I wrong?
And the blaster?
Blaster-unlimited ammo and can be charged (reading SFA instruction manual lol)

Reflector-Well the reflector exists (you can see the small badge used for it equipped to their side), but in the starfox games for challenging purposes it's nerfed to a barrier which absorbs all shots until it runs out...

REL38

Smash Lord
Blaster-unlimited ammo and can be charged (reading SFA instruction manual lol)

Reflector-Well the reflector exists (you can see the small badge used for it equipped to their side), but in the starfox games for challenging purposes it's nerfed to a barrier which absorbs all shots until it runs out...
So I'm guessing Wolf used them in Assault? Idk I only had the game for a few days. Anyways, Samus would win this for superior defense and better physical offense. I'm sure the suit itself can pack a serious punch.

Infinite Emerald

Smash Journeyman
I really do think Samus would win, Wolf's blaster is really slow to use. Samus's suit may or may not protect her completely from it but either way she still has a great defensive position, escpecially if her suit has the blue glow around it, sorry I don't know what it is called. I have only played one of the games and only for about 30 minutes or so. Anyways Samus has missles, or are those not plausable to be in her suit, and a cannon, or is that not plausable either. But all Wolf has is a knife and a blaster pistol. Do the math....

Sieguest

Smash Master
I really do think Samus would win, Wolf's blaster is really slow to use. Samus's suit may or may not protect her completely from it but either way she still has a great defensive position, escpecially if her suit has the blue glow around it, sorry I don't know what it is called. I have only played one of the games and only for about 30 minutes or so. Anyways Samus has missles, or are those not plausable to be in her suit, and a cannon, or is that not plausable either. But all Wolf has is a knife and a blaster pistol. Do the math....
There is no math...

Wolf can charge the Blaster, and it's not slow to use at all...play Star Fox Assualt- I freaking kill with Wolf...

blue glow?-is this truly realistic?

Samus only has her charge shot..(I can't think of it's correct name if I got it wrong)

Wolf can out-run Samus for sure from looking at each's respective gameplay...(had to look up metroid on youtube lol)
In that case Wolf can run and gun...and he has the reflector-using Samus's stuff against her...then continue to run and gun.
now before any metroid person comes and says she's completely resistant to her own shot, consider that it's not the TRUE canon matchup anymore and that they are bound to realism...<.<

but again this is only at the lond distance part of the mu...

I'm for sure Samus would beat Wolf up close and personal

@rel-that only accounts for the hand to hand part of this MU...<.<

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Wolf has the knife too, and prolly the melee edge tho, as spamus lacks a hand
Yes, and in it's place is a ginormous gun. Have you ever been hit by a pistol? Imagine that times a hundred.

Honestly, I don't even know why there's discussion. Wolf could technically use any weapon available in Assault, I'd imagine, but I feel like none of those would have use in a fight against Samus.

If it came down to ships, it might be even, but Samus can take down some pretty nasty fliers, even without her ship.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Wait for it.

Anyway, just for the sake of reviving this thread, I will go pro-wolf so that a flame war may start.

REL38

Smash Lord
The upgrades Samus gets from each new suit beefs up her defense. Even if we're just limiting it to only the Varia Suit, she'd still be able to take plenty of hits and be good. Her suit protects her at ALL times. Wolf's reflector would force him to stop shooting which would close the distance between them since Samus would take advantage of his stationary state. If Wolf wants his blaster to do decent damage, then he has to charge them. If Samus wants to hurt Wolf, then she's just gonna rapid fire her beam shots since his armor is next to nothing for resisting said shots. But if we're going with Wolf's Assault costum, then any shot he recieves is gonna hurt. Another thing is Wolf's relector. The ones in starfox absorbed the energy blasts. If that's so, then shooting at Wolf won't result in any ramifications for Samus. What I'm seeing is Samus having superior defense, offense, and options.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
There is no math...
2+2 = 3 2/2

Wolf can charge the Blaster, and it's not slow to use at all...play Star Fox Assualt- I freaking kill with Wolf...
Samus can charge her power beam, and it's not slow to use at all...play Metroid Prime- I freaking kill with Samus...

Same difference.

blue glow?-is this truly realistic?
He probably meant phazon, and no, unless she has jellyfish genes... Which might be realistic? Glowing Samus!

How that would help her in a battle, uhh... She might look pretty weird?

Samus only has her charge shot..(I can't think of it's correct name if I got it wrong)
She has her truly broken Grapple beam, which can pull his blaster from his hands, as well as his reflector, armor, and scouter. Without them, he doesn't stand a chance. And funny thing is, she can shoot small bullets to position him where she wants him, then use the grapple hand to take whatever she wants, since using the reflector stops your movement.

Wolf can out-run Samus for sure from looking at each's respective gameplay...(had to look up metroid on youtube lol)
In that case Wolf can run and gun...and he has the reflector-using Samus's stuff against her...then continue to run and gun.
She can sidestep quite fast in her Prime games, and in the sidescrolling ones she can move while grounded quite quickly... And can you give me a link to some Wolf gameplay? I can't find any and I wanna see just how fast he moves.

now before any metroid person comes and says she's completely resistant to her own shot, consider that it's not the TRUE canon matchup anymore and that they are bound to realism...<.<
Maybe the composition and the shock-absorbing possibilities an advanced suit of armor might have, she COULD be safe from her own shots... But that's just speculation on what the unknown advanced technologies her suit might have. If it's not allowed, then fine, she can be hurt. But since she's got protective armor and Wolf does not, it would hurt him MUCH more than it hurts her.

Samus is just... Broken in a real-life scenario. Only another Samus can beat Samus (see Iron Man movie).

Sieguest

Smash Master
2+2 = 3 2/2
SUPA F!

Samus can charge her power beam, and it's not slow to use at all...play Metroid Prime- I freaking kill with Samus...

Same difference.
Yeah son...therefore this match is a draw :p

He probably meant phazon, and no, unless she has jellyfish genes... Which might be realistic? Glowing Samus!

How that would help her in a battle, uhh... She might look pretty weird?
@.@ scare tactics

She has her truly broken Grapple beam, which can pull his blaster from his hands, as well as his reflector, armor, and scouter. Without them, he doesn't stand a chance. And funny thing is, she can shoot small bullets to position him where she wants him, then use the grapple hand to take whatever she wants, since using the reflector stops your movement.
Wolf still has speed...reflect the shot, and drop the reflector, Wolf can still keep his distance.

She can sidestep quite fast in her Prime games, and in the sidescrolling ones she can move while grounded quite quickly... And can you give me a link to some Wolf gameplay? I can't find any and I wanna see just how fast he moves.
I'll find some :)

Maybe the composition and the shock-absorbing possibilities an advanced suit of armor might have, she COULD be safe from her own shots... But that's just speculation on what the unknown advanced technologies her suit might have. If it's not allowed, then fine, she can be hurt. But since she's got protective armor and Wolf does not, it would hurt him MUCH more than it hurts her.
Maybe...I'm no metroid expert...on the realism aspect....:p

I vote for Diddy Kong.
What?
Way late son...

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Concerning Wolf's speed: he is the fastest character in assault. He outspeeds everyone by far. Just look in youtube for assault fox gameplay videos, now make him 1/4 faster and you got Wolf's speed.

Concerning Samus's armor and the blaster: The blaster greatly surprasses the power beam. Uncharged bullets can easily pierce through heavily armored enemies as shown in assault and when fully charged it can one-shot every single enemy except bosses in one hit (even aircrafts). And it homes-in to the target.

The non-upgraded power suit will be pierced in a few shots.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyRBlf-rlc0

Here's a wolf video for speed purposes

Wolf has a 5 star speed rating in assualt
Hmm, fine, I admit that he's quite the speed demon. :mad:

Luckily, Samus's armor is broken, and she can still hit him with the crazy rate of fire she has. If Wolf kills baddies in 1 hit except bosses, I think it would be best to assume that Samus is a boss battle, per sé...

I still have my money on Samus. :o

tocador

Smash Lord
Yes, and in it's place is a ginormous gun. Have you ever been hit by a pistol? Imagine that times a hundred.

Honestly, I don't even know why there's discussion. Wolf could technically use any weapon available in Assault, I'd imagine, but I feel like none of those would have use in a fight against Samus.

If it came down to ships, it might be even, but Samus can take down some pretty nasty fliers, even without her ship.
Paya, I CAME TO REJOICE YOU.

OK, try using a gun atached to your arm in melee when someones is one palm in front of you. Spamus gun is too big for melee, if you got close enough, the only thing she would be able to do with you is or give you some hits with the bare hand, or run, because the other hand wouldnt even be able to shoot.

Running in close with wolf is the best bet here. A knife and a USEABLE pistol in melee range completly destroys samus melee game.

Now for some math:

Wolf + reflecor > Spamus + no imba weapons

Wolf + knife + pistol in melee range > Spamus with only 1 hand to use

Now resolving the system:

Wolf + reflector + knife + pistol > Spamus

Answer: Wolf > Spamus

bibleonian

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure that Samus' gun is a decent size for melee. She doesn't need a ton of space to still hit Wolf. That knife on it? She can still block it and hit wolf with her free hand or kick him. In terms of long range they can both charge their shots and I'm pretty sure that Samus' armor could take a good couple shots before she starts getting hurt. I would say long range it's pretty even with Wolf probably having a slight advantage for his speed and Samus can still wrench Wolf's pistol out of his hands. I'm still kind of torn between the 2 but I'm kind of leaning towards Samus.

tocador

Smash Lord
Cant let you shoot in long range spamus.

Wolf has reflector, he forces spamus going to melee.

He wins in melee. Because she has a freeging one arms less to fight.

See the logic?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

See the logic?
You're still ignoring the fact that that one arm less is replaced by a very large hunk of metal.

That's like saying I have a disadvantage in a fight because the baseball bat I brought incapacitates my arm.

Samus is faster, stronger and more well-equipped than Wolf. Please stop.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Can the grapple beam pull the reflector off of Wolf, like how it pulls of hunks of metal and other stuff in Corruption? Cus if ti could, that mean Samus could go back to longrange and probably win. (sorry if this has been discussed alread, too lazy to go back and read =0)

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Hmm, fine, I admit that he's quite the speed demon. :mad:

Luckily, Samus's armor is broken, and she can still hit him with the crazy rate of fire she has. If Wolf kills baddies in 1 hit except bosses, I think it would be best to assume that Samus is a boss battle, per sé...

I still have my money on Samus. :o
That's because all bosses are mothership sized. All aircraft sized and smaller enemies are destroyed in one hit.

Armor is useless against Star Fox characters. Their weaponry was specially made to destroy vehicles and pierce reinforced, alien armor.

And having an armor is going to hurt Samus more than help her in this fight because of her reduced mobility, and she NEEDS mobility in this fight.

So yes, in a ranged fight Wolf most likely wins against a basic power suit wearing Samus.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
And just so you know how ****ing good Wolf is in assault:

Sex:
Wolf

Top:
Krystal

High:
Falco

Mid
Peppy

Low
Fox

Bottom:
Slippy

Wolf is obvious. Incredibly fast on foot, and with tons of health, Wolf is a great character to use.

Krystal is there because of her average stats +barrier. That's a big advantage assuming she can catch her opponent. *cough Wolf Falco cough*

Falco has speed. And huge Arwing cursor. That's good.

Peppy's Blaster is sex.

Fox is just average. Just Krystal with aim stats compensating for the barrier. Depending on your skill, that is either a good or bad thing.

Slippy is a tank, but he's slower than everyone sans Peppy. What makes him bottom is that his blaster isn't enough to make up for his terrible speed. If you're going for Slippy, you may as well just use Peppy and annihilate anything you can catch with near rapid fire charge shots.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Yes, it is.

Slippy is slow and has average power. His defense will do no good if you cannot catch your opponent to do some damage yourself.

And there is still the issue that Wolf has more HP and much more speed than him.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Yup. Only scrubs use vehicles.

That with the:

'I WILL GET THEM VEHICLES!'

'NO I WILL'

'YES I WILL'

'HAHA, SCREW YOU FOR I AM USING WOLF AND HE IS MUCH FASTER THAN YOUR SLIPPY!'

'FUUCK ME!'

'BOOOM BOOOM I WON'T LET YOU GET THE ROCKET LAUNCHER/LAND MASTER BOOOM BOOOM, FOR I AM CAMPING BOOM BOOOM'

'FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-'

------------------

Back to the fight. Wolf is also the toughest character in the game so he probably can also take quite a few shots from Samus's blaster.

Wolf=Speed and Stamina

And Samus's grapple beam has a limited range so she has to get close to Wolf in order to use it properly.

So the fight is the opposite of what you people make it seem. SAMUS is the one who must get close to Wolf in order to not get *****, while WOLF is the speedster that shoots armor piercing bullets from afar.

tocador

Smash Lord
You're still ignoring the fact that that one arm less is replaced by a very large hunk of metal.

That's like saying I have a disadvantage in a fight because the baseball bat I brought incapacitates my arm.

Samus is faster, stronger and more well-equipped than Wolf. Please stop.
You sir are the one that is meant to be ignored.

No one will discuss with you if you think anything you say is a fact, and that "Samus is faster, stronger and more well-equipped than Wolf. Please stop."

First, having one less arm, with less mobility and with no use unless swinging it is a disadvantage. To make a point, try having you arm still, and try hitting someone with it. Sure at a mid range it can make-up for a arm, but in melee, you are too close to try any direct hit. Plus, a arm can grab it easily.

Samus isnt faster, not faster then a wolf. If you doubt, give me samus speed and i can provide you a wolf speed so you can then say imright.

Stronger? Maybe, but with 1 less arm, and facing a knife, being slightly stronger wont help you that much.

Well equipped? Wolf has a close-range weapon that CAN be used, a ant-long-range game(reflector) and his armor is pretty tough, sure not spamus-tough, but good.

Spamus cant face him long, so she needs to go melee. Wolf in melee is faster, has more tools, and is smexier. Spamus only hope is to get enough range and try to get some close-shots. Otherwise she is gone for good.

@Paya+sam: Slippy is the best, she rules. I mean, SHES GREEN(or he i duno) and solely makes she the best.

Other than that, krystal(or what ever she is called) rules too, i mean, a skirt + boobs make for it.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Um, did anyone read my post? Id like to know the answer ^_^
Wolf must stay perfectly still in order for Samus to get close to him and grapple those tiny gadgets.

Not gonna happen.

She getting close to Wolf is as unlikely as Slippy getting close to Wolf. On foot.

REL38

Smash Lord
Cant let you shoot in long range spamus.

Wolf has reflector, he forces spamus going to melee.

See the logic?
One arm less doesn't mean he's got it in close combat. Her arm is a freakin' canon would break Wolf's neck if hit directly.

Look at the last weapon on the right. It's called a scissor which was used by the gladiator. It was used to gut and slash opponents. Obviously, Samus' cannon doesn't do that, but it's still a giant hunk of metal that'll do great concussive damage to Wolf. A giant hunk of armor hitting you square in the face is lights out. The gladiators used this weapon against opponents and WON with it. They would use it to block attacks and use it like a backfist to the face. You can't say that Samus is going to lose in close combat when gladiators have proven that having a weapon that covers your entire forearm is an advantage.

Samus' armor was meant to protect her human body and get her through the trials she faces in space as a bounty hunter. The ground enemies in Star Fox Assault are mostly ROBOTS. Everyone knows that the grunt robots are easy to destroy because they have power in numbers. The ones responsible for developing said robots know that so they're not gonna give the grunts the most EPIC DEFENSE EVER because they know that would be a stupid idea. They're meant to be weak, but their numbers are supposed to make them a challenge. Whoever made Samus' armor would have put extreme detail and attention in making sure that her armor protects her aliens and robots. Her armor has protected her from space aliens, space pirates and robots. Her armor has greater defense than Assault robots because her armor was made to protect a living creature. The Assault robots armor is meant to protect from minor space weapons. You can't say Wolf's blaster is going to pierce Samus' armor in a few shots because it's much, MUCH tougher than a robots armor.

That being said, Wolf's knife would never pierce through her armor either.

Wolf's speed in Assault looks accurate enough. He runs past a building in a few seconds. That's pretty fast.

Samus can avoid enemy attacks by quickly jumping to the side. Avoiding Wolf's blaster shouldn't be a problem.

Samus' also has missles. You can't say that's unrealistic because just look at RPG's (the weapon). The Taliban uses them things like crazy. It doesn't knock the user down or push them back. Wolf would be able to do crap against a missle heading at him since his reflector won't do crap. It only protects from energy attacks.

Wolf's blaster can lock on, but so can Samus. Samus can even lock on to the target to shoot 5 missles at once.

Side note: Samus' arm cannon only restricts usage of her wrist. It only wraps around her entire forearm, not the entire arm. I'm thinking people are misunderstanding its size. She can still bend her elbow.

tocador

Smash Lord
One arm less doesn't mean he's got it in close combat. Her arm is a freakin' canon would break Wolf's neck if hit directly.

Look at the last weapon on the right. It's called a scissor which was used by the gladiator. It was used to gut and slash opponents. Obviously, Samus' cannon doesn't do that, but it's still a giant hunk of metal that'll do great concussive damage to Wolf. A giant hunk of armor hitting you square in the face is lights out. The gladiators used this weapon against opponents and WON with it. They would use it to block attacks and use it like a backfist to the face. You can't say that Samus is going to lose in close combat when gladiators have proven that having a weapon that covers your entire forearm is an advantage.

Samus' armor was meant to protect her human body and get her through the trials she faces in space as a bounty hunter. The ground enemies in Star Fox Assault are mostly ROBOTS. Everyone knows that the grunt robots are easy to destroy because they have power in numbers. The ones responsible for developing said robots know that so they're not gonna give the grunts the most EPIC DEFENSE EVER because they know that would be a stupid idea. They're meant to be weak, but their numbers are supposed to make them a challenge. Whoever made Samus' armor would have put extreme detail and attention in making sure that her armor protects her aliens and robots. Her armor has protected her from space aliens, space pirates and robots. Her armor has greater defense than Assault robots because her armor was made to protect a living creature. The Assault robots armor is meant to protect from minor space weapons. You can't say Wolf's blaster is going to pierce Samus' armor in a few shots because it's much, MUCH tougher than a robots armor.

That being said, Wolf's knife would never pierce through her armor either.

Wolf's speed in Assault looks accurate enough. He runs past a building in a few seconds. That's pretty fast.

Samus can avoid enemy attacks by quickly jumping to the side. Avoiding Wolf's blaster shouldn't be a problem.

Samus' also has missles. You can't say that's unrealistic because just look at RPG's (the weapon). The Taliban uses them things like crazy. It doesn't knock the user down or push them back. Wolf would be able to do crap against a missle heading at him since his reflector won't do crap. It only protects from energy attacks.

Wolf's blaster can lock on, but so can Samus. Samus can even lock on to the target to shoot 5 missles at once.

Side note: Samus' arm cannon only restricts usage of her wrist. It only wraps around her entire forearm, not the entire arm. I'm thinking people are misunderstanding its size. She can still bend her elbow.

IS samus a gladiator? No. Does she have melee practice with that thing? No. Can you guarantee that her canon is heavy enough to knock someone out? No. Even if you can, is she able to swing that faster than a hand?

Wolf has a knife, and a extra hand if he needs. Samus when really close can only block with that thing maximum, a attack is impossible considering a melee range.

@missles: Joe said no missles. I dont care if its possible or not. He said no missles. Plus, going by the games reflector can reflect missles.

A tank/arwing is realistic, so wolf can use it right?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Does she have melee practice with that thing? No.
Prove it.

Can you guarantee that her canon is heavy enough to knock someone out? No. Even if you can, is she able to swing that faster than a hand?
It only needs to be metal to cause pain. She's not using aluminum foil.

Wolf has a knife, and a extra hand if he needs.
One hand isn't free, unless Wolf wants to drop the knife.

Metroid: Other M, anyone?

Samus when really close can only block with that thing maximum, a attack is impossible considering a melee range.
Since when was it impossible to shoot up close?

@missles: Joe said no missles. I dont care if its possible or not. He said no missles. Plus, going by the games reflector can reflect missles.
Physical attacks have been shown to hit through the Reflector. Approach, have Wolf drop his Reflector and fire. I like this. Samus could walk right behind Wolf, fire around him so that if he drops his Reflector, he's at a disadvantage. When Samus is behind, he's still at a disadvantage. He can't move with the Reflector activated.

A tank/arwing is realistic, so wolf can use it right?
If Samus gets her Gunship.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
1) Question: why can't wolf move when using the reflector when it only requires him to use one hand to activate it?

2) The knife is combined with the gun. Wolf could use the blaster in one hand and the reflector in the other.

3) The gunship will get ***** by the Wolfen. The Wolfen can take down gigantic space stations, motherships, fleets of ships, bases and bio-weapons by itself. The gunship struggles with a stationary turrets.

Also, Samus's visor is very vulnerable. As shown in Prime Hunters, her visor will melt away or break if shot with a hot/strong enough beam. And that is when she is using her VARIA suit. With the basic suit the visor will most likely implode. If Wolf shoots at her visor for a few times, then she won't be able to see clearly what Wolf is doing.

Wolf has this one in his paws.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
he cannot move while having the refleector becaus ehe must maintain it
Why can't he mantain it when moving? All forcefields in the star fox universe are passive and don't require keeping still in order for them to work.

And I am sure that Wolf keeping still is just a gameplay mechanic, just like characters stop moving when using their shields.

-------
Counters:

Power suit: armor piercing bullets.

Grapple beam: High mobility.

Power beam: better power beam and reflector.

Top Bottom