• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

tocador

Smash Lord
Prove it.
You prove it, in any of samus game she went melee with the canon, so this means one thing. You are the one trying to prove me she can use it.

It only needs to be metal to cause pain. She's not using aluminum foil.
A punch can cause pain too. But this dosent mean the canon as a melee will cause mroe pain than a normal punch. Plus she got de disadvantage of being unable to use it like a sword, because that it limits her movements.

One hand isn't free, unless Wolf wants to drop the knife.
Wolf can go 2 hands or 1 hand + 1knife. Samus needs to go "1hand + 1imobile hand".

Metroid: Other M, anyone?
Did you play it? Do you know how she attacks? Otherwise, prove it :D.

ps: We cant use games that arent even done, as far as we know maybe samus isnt even the protagonist, just like in MSG2 and raiden.

Since when was it impossible to shoot up close?
Never said it was. But shooting with a canon that you cant bend limits your shooting.

Physical attacks have been shown to hit through the Reflector. Approach, have Wolf drop his Reflector and fire. I like this. Samus could walk right behind Wolf, fire around him so that if he drops his Reflector, he's at a disadvantage. When Samus is behind, he's still at a disadvantage. He can't move with the Reflector activated.
Wolf has a gun. He can shoot too you know? Plus when samus trys to go into melee(only option with reflector on) wolf knows were she will be, and can just turn around.

If she comes to close she wont be able to shoot, so droping the reflector is ok.

If Samus gets her Gunship.
No problem at all. Wolf is just that badass :D.

@MRG: So, how was the tourney :D?
And where do you live :p?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
1) Question: why can't wolf move when using the reflector when it only requires him to use one hand to activate it?
Why did the Wolf supporters say that Samus would have to approach? The last time Fox was brought up, he couldn't move when he used his Reflector. So, I would think the same for Wolf.

2) The knife is combined with the gun. Wolf could use the blaster in one hand and the reflector in the other.
Fox couldn't use his Blaster while he was using his Reflector. Why does Wolf get to?

Also, Samus's visor is very vulnerable. As shown in Prime Hunters, her visor will melt away or break if shot with a hot/strong enough beam.
Is this in multiplayer mode?

You prove it, in any of samus game she went melee with the canon, so this means one thing. You are the one trying to prove me she can use it.
You made the claim. Don't shift the burden of proof.

A punch can cause pain too. But this dosent mean the canon as a melee will cause mroe pain than a normal punch. Plus she got de disadvantage of being unable to use it like a sword, because that it limits her movements.
A punch can cause pain. A punch with iron knuckles can cause more pain. Hit someone in the face with your fist. Maybe you can get a bloody nose in. Hit someone with iron knuckles on, and you'll likely cause more damage.

Wolf can go 2 hands or 1 hand + 1knife. Samus needs to go "1hand + 1imobile hand".
Immobile implies lack of movement. I assure you, the Arm Cannon only covers the forearm and hand, not the elbow, forearm, and hand.

Did you play it? Do you know how she attacks? Otherwise, prove it :D.
I don't need to play it. Watch the Metroid: Other M trailer.

ps: We cant use games that arent even done
By whose authority? It will make no difference, because the game is going to come out in 2010 anyway, thus would already be a part of canon.

Never said it was. But shooting with a canon that you cant bend limits your shooting.
Um, have you ever played Metroid? Her Arm Cannon covers her forearm and hand. It does not immobilize her right arm. Her elbow is capable of movement.

Wolf has a gun. He can shoot too you know? Plus when samus trys to go into melee(only option with reflector on) wolf knows were she will be, and can just turn around.
I wasn't aware Wolf could move with the Reflector on.

If she comes to close she wont be able to shoot, so droping the reflector is ok.
Why won't she be able to shoot? I don't understand your logic.

tocador

Smash Lord
Rofl at dryns name "Metroid fan".

Biased much?

/jk

Dryn, samus has to aproach because with reflector on she cant shoot anything at wolf, whereas wolf can still shoot some stuff with his gun and reflect her projectiles.

tocador

Smash Lord
Why did the Wolf supporters say that Samus would have to approach? The last time Fox was brought up, he couldn't move when he used his Reflector. So, I would think the same for Wolf.

Fox couldn't use his Blaster while he was using his Reflector. Why does Wolf get to?

You made the claim. Don't shift the burden of proof.
I made the claim because there is no proof she has ever used it efficiently. It dosent matter if i started, it only matters that you cant finish it.

A punch can cause pain. A punch with iron knuckles can cause more pain. Hit someone in the face with your fist. Maybe you can get a bloody nose in. Hit someone with iron knuckles on, and you'll likely cause more damage.
A canon stuck on your hand isnt a iron knucle. You lose movement and momentum and a good contact surface. Its pretty much like punching someone with your arm.

Immobile implies lack of movement. I assure you, the Arm Cannon only covers the forearm and hand, not the elbow, forearm, and hand.
So....?

I don't need to play it. Watch the Metroid: Other M trailer.
And i predict in a future star fox game wolf will fly. You cant judge a game by a trailer, heck, you dont even KNOW if it is samus on that trailer, it could be another protagonist.

By whose authority? It will make no difference, because the game is going to come out in 2010 anyway, thus would already be a part of canon.
Replied above.

Um, have you ever played Metroid? Her Arm Cannon covers her forearm and hand. It does not immobilize her right arm. Her elbow is capable of movement.
This dosent mean you can punch someone effectively with only your arm.

I wasn't aware Wolf could move with the Reflector on.
Move =/= turn arround.

Why won't she be able to shoot? I don't understand your logic.
Because you cant get a good angle to shoot. Samus canon moves with her elbow. If she moves the elbow back to shoot, it wont really have any accuracy of be facing the right direction.

Whereas a gun, wolfs gun, can shoot from anywhere. Wolfs shooting is more reliable in melee than samus.

payasofobia

Smash Champion

1) Because the reflector has not been important or useful until now because either A) the other character had a reflector too (Fox vs Pit, Falco vs Lucas), B) They did not use a reflector (Falco vs Falcon) or C) We focused on sheer power and stealth rather than reflectors. (Snake vs Wolf).

2) Yes.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Sorry if this is a double post, but it is needed.

To specify:

Falco vs Captain: Falco did not have a reflector.

Wolf vs Snake: Snake's stealth would not let Wolf know when to use the reflector.

Fox vs Pit: Both had reflectors so we focused on other aspects of this match-up.

Falco vs Lucas: Lucas's projectiles had a short range so a reflector would not have been usefull.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Wtf is with the edits on the previous page? uber long posts are fail...anyway...

@dryn's question about multiplayer mode- I don't see you trying to rule this out as a resource for information...Wolf is only playable in multiplayer mode so we get info from that the same can be done for Samus...(taking a guess at why you asked that question...forgive me if jumped to a bad conclusion)

tocador

Smash Lord
I double posed acidentaly so i edited :D.

@Marthage: Dryn is too biased, he wants to use other M as a source when we dont even know what can turn from that game, and dont want us to use star fox assault as a source just because it is multplayer.

@Everyone: Dont take what im saying personal, i just like debating ><.

And when he said "is multiplayer alowed" i understood as "what, multplayer shouldnt be allowed", so yeah maybe i misinterpreted that, sorry then :p.

bibleonian

Smash Apprentice
"as far as we know maybe samus isnt even the protagonist" tocador
I watched the trailer and she said her name was Samas Aran.
I really think that this match-up could use a finish because I'm seeing (just what I'm reading) a fair amount of aggression from this.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Nothing, realistic Samus sucks against realistic Wolf.

And I agree. Lets just declare Wolf the winner. He counters everything Samus has.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Rofl at dryns name "Metroid fan".

Biased much?

/jk

Dryn, samus has to aproach because with reflector on she cant shoot anything at wolf, whereas wolf can still shoot some stuff with his gun and reflect her projectiles.
Well, being biased doesn't change anything. :urg: Actually, I went by the name "Metroid Fan" before at other message boards. "Dryn" is just a recent name after Dryn, a key scientist in Chozo technology, according to the scan information regarding the bust in Junction, SkyTown, Elysia.

I know, tocador. I was giving out ideas of what Samus could do. I'm not Samus, but if I was, my option would be to fire around Wolf and approach, because I don't think someone under fire would want to just let go of what is protecting him or her.

I made the claim because there is no proof she has ever used it efficiently. It dosent matter if i started, it only matters that you cant finish it.
The burden of proof doesn't work like that. A negative claim can be proven wrong. Let me ask you this. If you had an Arm Cannon on your dominate arm, would you ever use it in combat if you needed to fight close up?

A canon stuck on your hand isnt a iron knucle. You lose movement and momentum and a good contact surface. Its pretty much like punching someone with your arm.
You can't punch someone with your arm. You can hit them with it, though. I was thinking more about Samus thrusting her Arm Cannon forward. Grab Wolf with her left hand.

You used the word "immobile."

And i predict in a future star fox game wolf will fly.
When you get me the trailer...

You cant judge a game by a trailer, heck, you dont even KNOW if it is samus on that trailer, it could be another protagonist.
Yoshio Sakamoto, co-creator of Metroid, has been interviewed regarding this game. It's Samus Aran. "I'm Samus Aran."

This dosent mean you can punch someone effectively with only your arm.
Cannon thrust.

Move =/= turn arround.
Turning around involves movement.

Because you cant get a good angle to shoot. Samus canon moves with her elbow. If she moves the elbow back to shoot, it wont really have any accuracy of be facing the right direction.
If she's up close, accuracy won't be much of a problem.

Whereas a gun, wolfs gun, can shoot from anywhere. Wolfs shooting is more reliable in melee than samus.
Maybe. But who's the one wearing armor?

@dryn's question about multiplayer mode- I don't see you trying to rule this out as a resource for information...Wolf is only playable in multiplayer mode so we get info from that the same can be done for Samus...(taking a guess at why you asked that question...forgive me if jumped to a bad conclusion)
I thought it should be ruled out. I've never played StarFox Assault. If Wolf's only source where he's a playable character is in multiplayer, I'd think that would be permissible. Metroid has always been a one player game, up until Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and Metroid Prime: Hunters. In Echoes, Samus could acquire invisibility, a visor to hack, a death ball that would instantly KO, and so forth. So, yeah. Should we bring up Samus and what can happen in multiplayer mode, I don't know if you'd want Samus to be able to use a cloaking device.

This thread permits scientifically and technologically possible things, correct? A cloaking device deflects light from the object, thus rendering it invisible. Wolf, and anyone who can only be played in multiplayer mode would be permitted to use what they can if they're exclusive in multiplayer mode. So, please, don't say, "Dryn doesn't think Wolf should be allowed, since he's in multiplayer mode."

payasofobia

Smash Champion
And Wolf could adquire invisibility, a nuke, a sniper rifle that destroys everything in one hit, a rocket launcher that never misses, a rapid fire railgun, force fields, a blaster that kills everything in one hit, infinite ammo and health, instant transport of vehicles and guns, mothership missiles that destroy everything in an area and the support from 2 ace pilots and an army of mercenaries.

Canonicaly, Wolf still wins. Wolf for president.

And if we give Samus a cloacking device, Wolf should get his own.

UncleSam

Smash Master
And Wolf could adquire invisibility, a nuke, a sniper rifle that destroys everything in one hit, a rocket launcher that never misses, a rapid fire railgun, force fields, a blaster that kills everything in one hit, infinite ammo and health, instant transport of vehicles and guns, mothership missiles that destroy everything in an area and the support from 2 ace pilots and an army of mercenaries.

Samus owns Wolf canonically wtf are you talking about,
we'll talk about THAT one later

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Samus cannot survive a nuke, Wolf can nuke things.

Wolf wins.

Canon Wolf vs Samus its more interesting that RL Wolf vs RL Samus.

tocador

Smash Lord
I dont feel like quoting now, ima do it after.

But turning arround isnt really moving. Turning your uper-body arround dosent invole moving your legs, what in my mind, is the limitation factor of the reflector.

@CanonMU: Wolf can bite spamus until she surrenders.

G_G

Crystanium

Smash Hero

Samus could acquire the Omega Cannon and **** anyone, too. Instant KO. The blast radius is massive. ;) And it's unlimited in ammo.

I'm just going to go, now. Samus went in her ship and went warp speed out of here. :chuckle:

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Pfft, tell that to the fire-burst pod, the nova bomb and the mothership missiles.

The Omega cannon is smalltime.

UncleSam

Smash Master

Crystanium

Smash Hero

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Why =[?

You leaving us allready ><?
Yeah. I don't know what can and cannot be used. I wish I had made this thread. I would bring up what was and what was not allowed in the front page. I'd try to bring up what is scientifically possible and impossible so that way, things could be used off of the information given. And besides, I've never played StarFox Assault. I've only played StarFox Adventures, so I don't know anything about Wolf.

Single player.
I thought Wolf couldn't be used in single player. :confused:

And the alimbics were:

More :confused:

What's that supposed to be?

UncleSam

Smash Master
Yeah. I don't know what can and cannot be used. I wish I had made this thread. I would bring up what was and what was not allowed in the front page. I'd try to bring up what is scientifically possible and impossible so that way, things could be used off of the information given. And besides, I've never played StarFox Assault. I've only played StarFox Adventures, so I don't know anything about Wolf.
Adventures was B-A-D bad.
anyway, paya SWF hate your image file
EDIT: okay it showed up, how could a species descended from gods be smalltime?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Because they are not descended from gods.

And they went extinct like the failures they were. They were not manly...unlike the Star fox/wolf crew that have constantly saved their race from extinction by cosmic horrors in a monthly fashion.

UncleSam

Smash Master

And they went extinct like the failures they were. They were not manly...unlike the Star fox/wolf crew that have constantly saved their race from extinction by cosmic horrors in a monthly fashion.
they almost did, if they did become extinct in the alimbic war then how did they seal away Gorea?

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768

I thought the chozo were eliminated by some Phazon asteroid that infected the entire planet and killed all of them?.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
They killed themselves using their own sealing technique. FAIL.

If they were manly they would have dragon-punched Gorea's face into the infinite.

UncleSam

Smash Master
They killed themselves using their own sealing technique. FAIL.
they didn't,
or did they?
link plz

If they were manly they would have dragon-punched Gorea's face into the infinite.
>.> on, just no
IK they were manly they woulda have survived chuck norris,

But, o well.
nobody is manly enough to survive chuck norris, get over it.

I won't be wasting my breath here, I mean type here for the rest of the night

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
*not gonna aim this at anyone, you know who you are if you disagree with my paragraphs*

You're acting as if Wolf's teeth would go through Samus's extremely durable armor. I doubt it to such an incredible extent... Her armor can take a knife, how can a simple blade cut through an advanced suit of unknown metal? Same goes for claws, teeth...

The blaster, well, killing stuff in one hit was in the game, I don't think that in real life you'll be able to make a weapon that can shoot homing energy at a target and destroy it in one shot, much less a HANDHELD weapon that can obliterate small and mid-sized enemies, including robots made of steel... Especially when they're protected by an advanced suit of unknown metal.

You still don't realize that Wolf cannot do anything while activating his reflector. Unless in StarFox: Assault you can move around while using it, you're just sitting there motionless, deflecting the endless barrage of concussive beams she's shooting at him, then when she gets close a grapple can take care of whatever he's holding, and now he's got no defense. Think about it... Both people running around, Wolf occasionally stopping in order to reflect her shots and then drop and keep running... But what if Samus just shoots rapid shots at him, and if he drops his reflector, he'll be hit by a couple? He's forced to keep it on for his own sake, where then Samus approaches and takes his blaster or reflector away.

payasofobia

Smash Champion

they didn't,
or did they?
link plz

>.> on, just no

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Gorea

The Seal Sphere used the Alimbics' psionic energy, this caused the race to go extinct in the physical world.
And you know it is true. The alimbics suck for not being manly.

Also:
Chuck Norris sux

------------

At Kewwky: shooting a beam like that is more likely than you think. And the forcefields are passive in Assault.

Top Bottom