• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(lock This Thread A New One Has Been Made)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
So i havent been doing nothing since i put my triforce unleashed version of link on hold..

here's some progress on My secret Custom Moveset that if i have it my way. will have nothing to do with link

Side B.. so he's Dashing??

Wait Wat?? so he's not here?

..... Found Him

Work in Progress Side B

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
So i havent been doing nothing since i put my triforce unleashed version of link on hold..

here's some progress on My secret Custom Moveset that if i have it my way. will have nothing to do... Work in Progress Side B
...WIN. That looks like an incredible move. O:

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
we should definitely make a BlazBlue thread if we get 1-2 more BB PSA characters.

MrKrayz

Smash Rookie
I just started working on a viewtiful joe...
I have no idea how to speed up time for mach speed.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Ragna the Bloodedge
Version 2.0

Character concept by: Rykoshet
Coding by: Kirk

PAC DOWNLOAD

TEXTURE DOWNLOAD
As pictured above.

DEMONSTRATIONAL VIDEO
Courtesy of Rykoshet.

----------
This is my 2.0 release! A LOT has been changed from 1.0. I essentially re-coded every attack in attempt to fix some balancing issues, as well as add a lot of new things. So, here is a brand new changelog.
----------​

Idle Stance
--Animation has been changed to Ike's Victory Pose #1.

Dodge Rolls
--Left and Right Roll Animations have been changed to Ike's Tripping Rolls(how he rolls getting up after tripping).

Jabs
--Jab1 Damage reduced by 1%.
--Jab2 Animation changed to Bthrow. 10% chance to trip.
--Jab3 Animation changed to Dsmash. First hit sends into the second. 30% chance to trip.
--One can hold "A" to perform the full sequence without delay.

Dash Attack
--Damage reduced by 1%.
--Added Darkness graphics to the blade.
--Increased IASA frame slightly.

Ftilt
--Animation changed to Tilt Item Swing. Slides forward when used.

Utilt
--Animation changed to Usmash Attack. Hits on both sides.

Dtilt
--Animation changed to Jab2. Acts like a poke. 5% chance to trip.

Fsmash
--Start/Charge Animations changed to Smash Item Swing Start/Charge.
--Tipper does more damage and knockback; very low trajectory with darkness effect. Has a cinematic Hitlag effect.

Usmash
--Start/Charge Animations changed to Dsmash Start/Charge.
--Attack Animation changed to Up Throw.
--3 Hit Attack. 1st hits behinds, sends to the front into the other 2 hits.
--Frontal hits deal more shield damage. Has a cinematic Hitlag effect. Last hit has darkness effect.

Dsmash
--Start/Charge Animations changed to Usmash Start/Charge.
--Attack Animation changed to Smash Item Swing Attack.
--6 Hit Attack. 2 frontal > 2 behind > 2 frontal. Last hit has darkness effect.

Nair
--Altered trajectory to be more horizontal(70 --> 55 degrees).
--Added IASA frame at frame 55.

Fair
--Tipper does 1% more damage, darkness effect, and x1.5 hitlag.
--Shortened autocancel frame from 45 to frame 35.

Bair
--Reduced damage by 2%.

Uair
--Animation changed to Ike's Final Smash Initial Hit.
--Reduced damage by 3% and reduced knockback.
--Tip of blade does 1% more damage, darkness effect, and x1.5 hitlag.
--Shortend autocancel frame from 53 to frame 51.
--Added IASA frame at frame 55.

Dair

--Darkness effect and x1.5 hitlag added to the spike tipper hitbox.

FThrow
--Animation changed to Heavy Item Forward Throw.

BThrow
--Animation changed to Heavy Item Back Throw.

UThrow
--Animation changed to Heavy Item Up Throw.

DThrow
--Animation changed to Heavy Item Down Throw.
--Upon first use, automatically sends opponents back into a regrab.
--Second time Dthrow is used, uses old Dthrow Animation.
--Second Dthrow knocks opponents into the floor. Acts as a tech chase.
--Reduced damage for both portions of Dthrow.

Eruption
--Removed ability to charge while grounded.
--If charging in the air, it will automatically release upon landing.
--Added IASA frame at frame 45 of the attack if airborne.
--Further changes still in progress.

Quick Draw
--Removed ability to charge.
--Attack Animation changed to Item Swing Jab(I.E. Beamsword). Has Darkness graphics around the fist as well as a Darkness effect. Has a cinematic Hitlag effect.
--Added condition for 'If "A" is pressed,' a followup attack will be performed.
--High Ftilt Animation used for followup attack. Has a Darkness effect.
--If used in the air, the followup attack will use Ike's Counter Animation instead.
--Changed helpless fall state to normal fall in the air.
--Additional follow attacks are planned for a future release.

Aether
--Super Armor adjusted. Begins on frame 5, ends when sword is released.
--Added Auto-Snap on the way up(frame 26 after sword is released).
--Altered trajectory of first hit to be more horizontal(~90 > ~75 degrees).
--Added a Button Pressed Condition(X/Y).
--If Button Pressed Condition is met, if Forward, Up, or No Direction is inputted, a Forward Spiral is performed. If Back or Down is inputted, a Backwards Flip is performed.
--In either case, if 'A' is pressed, a followup plummeting spike attack is performed. If 'B' is
pressed, a followup attack is performed using Ike's Uair Animation, coupled with a momentum shift in the opposite direction.
--'B' Followup attack is still under construction(Needs improvement to make this option more useful.)
--This entire event series is still under construction, naturally. There are a few graphical bugs here and there, and are planned to be fixed in a future release.

Counter
--Start Animation(grounded) changed to Ike's Victory Pose#2.
--Counter activation frames adjusted.(11-33 --> 6-28).
--Upon successful counter, action is changed into a grab.
--Aerial Counter is still under construction.
--Further ideas and renovations are planned to be implemented in the future.

Attributes
--Running Speed increased slightly(1.371 --> 1.5).
--Uair Landing lag decreased slightly(18 --> 14).

----------​

So there you have it. Comments, critiques, criticisms, etc. are welcome, as usual. Please let me know your opinions or if you find any bugs so that I can help better Ragna in later versions.

Enjoy!
This Ragna looks amazing! One problem though.. your download link times out every time you try to go to it. Anyway you could fix it?

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
@ bolt: yea, I'm having the same problem with the link.

oh and btw, Ill just tell you before whats-his-face does. actually ima quote him.. *ahem* "dont quote such large posts". I forget his name, and I dont care enough to figure out what it is lol, but im sure he'll be here to tell you what I just did soon enough xD

Edit: eh nvm, my cpu must've been trippin hard on somethin. its workin now, after waiting about 30mins lol.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I'm really looking for an actual ragna texture. Something like the genesis texture with no headband and white hair but most importantly the sword, whiteish with a black back end of the blade, I dont think you can acutally change his pants to be wider so that's fine. The next part is pretty lame but if the first one gets made I'd also like a blue and a green one since he happens to have costumes for those colors too (blonde hair for blue and red hair for green)

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
I'm really looking for an actual ragna texture. Something like the genesis texture with no headband and white hair but most importantly the sword, whiteish with a black back end of the blade, I dont think you can acutally change his pants to be wider so that's fine. The next part is pretty lame but if the first one gets made I'd also like a blue and a green one since he happens to have costumes for those colors too (blonde hair for blue and red hair for green)
Hm, Ill look into it. I've never done Ike textures simply bucause I didnt feel like doing the Hexing/Indexing or whatever lol, im lazy xD but I like this ragna so I'll give it a shot. Im currently doing a Jin (Default color, maybe one alternate) for Marth175 atm, so ill get on it after im done with that.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
oh and btw, Ill just tell you before whats-his-face does. actually ima quote him.. *ahem* "dont quote such large posts". I forget his name, and I dont care enough to figure out what it is lol, but im sure he'll be here to tell you what I just did soon enough xD
Thanks! :D

This Ragna looks amazing! One problem though.. your download link times out every time you try to go to it. Anyway you could fix it?
Don't quote such large posts.

:p

henpen924

Smash Apprentice
Ragna is really amazin =D good work Kirk/Rykoshet.

I just think that the idle waiting animation looks kinda... "frozen". It takes a little while to realize the sword it moving, and it makes it seem that after every move, he freezes.

Also,
:laugh:SHADOW PIKACHU ANYONE?!?!:laugh:
i know he's not real (or at least so I think... i don't know much about pokemon), but still?

Plus, isn't there a texture for Shadow Pikachu?

SSBBVeteran

Smash Rookie
Thats a texture for Shadow the Hedgehog (from the Sonic games) on a Pikachu. They did that to torment all the people who wanted a Shadow texture on Sonic.

RockXero77

Smash Cadet
I"m not much of a coder, but i would like to bring Zack Fair from FFXII into brawl. I would probably use ike for the character base. PM me if someone could help me, sorta like kirk/ragna.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Droughboi do you make textures?

Also Delx, you may want to change rachel's toad to stun people zss style.
Definitely was thinking of that, I'll probably add it right now and update this post with a new pac.

edit: No Offensive Collision Bubble stuff on the move, I'll have to experiment.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Holy ****...Ragna v2.0 is RIDICULOUS! SO FREAKIN FAST!! XD

Woah, found a nasty bug. I was trying to do the aether into a backflip...and then I went into the Golden hammer stance...except there was no hammer in Ike's hands and he was rendered completely useless lol. Might wanna look into that XD

Also, try making the transition from jab 2 to down-smash easier..that would be pretty sweet.

And as for the jab itself...is Ragna supposed to turn around and start punching behind him if you repeatedly tap A? If he is, then never mind, but it is kind of annoying how you HAVE to hold the button to activate the proper combo into the downward sword sweep.

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman

Kirk

Smash Champion
Holy ****...Ragna v2.0 is RIDICULOUS! SO FREAKIN FAST!! XD

Woah, found a nasty bug. I was trying to do the aether into a backflip...and then I went into the Golden hammer stance...except there was no hammer in Ike's hands and he was rendered completely useless lol. Might wanna look into that XD

Also, try making the transition from jab 2 to down-smash easier..that would be pretty sweet.

And as for the jab itself...is Ragna supposed to turn around and start punching behind him if you repeatedly tap A? If he is, then never mind, but it is kind of annoying how you HAVE to hold the button to activate the proper combo into the downward sword sweep.
lmao was wondering when someone would get that golden hammer deelie. Yes, it is a known bug. It happens very rarely and I'm pretty sure I know the cause...so that of course will be fixed.

What do you mean by making the transition "easier?"

If you tap A, he should do the combo as normal, same as you hold A. I suppose I'm not sure what you mean offhand. I can take a look when I can to see what you're talking about when I get chance...and perhaps maybe you can go into more detail.

Thanks for the feedback, btw. (I still 'lol' everytime the golden hammer bug happens, however rare it may be :p )

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Yeah, the jab combo; I'd rather see fthrow animation used instead of bthrow just because I don't think it turns Ike around?

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
lmao was wondering when someone would get that golden hammer deelie. Yes, it is a known bug. It happens very rarely and I'm pretty sure I know the cause...so that of course will be fixed.

What do you mean by making the transition "easier?"

If you tap A, he should do the combo as normal, same as you hold A. I suppose I'm not sure what you mean offhand. I can take a look when I can to see what you're talking about when I get chance...and perhaps maybe you can go into more detail.

Thanks for the feedback, btw. (I still 'lol' everytime the golden hammer bug happens, however rare it may be :p )
Ok, bout the transition. I'm not sure exactly how else to describe it. Basically, Ragna should be able to easily enter a jab1-jab2-downsmash combo. That is very difficult at the moment (many times what happens is that Ragna will just finish up his regular neutral a combo regardless of what you input; other times he won't...hrm...)

And with the A tapping, it's still kinda glitchy. In certain instances, he will start punching behind and kicking forward repeatedly. What's odd is that he'll do that for awhile, and then all of a sudden he'll pull off what should be his neutral a combo.

And lol at the golden hammer, loved it while it lasted XD

Overall, this new Ragna is pretty awesome. He's awesome not only cuz his moves are kickass, but he doesn't stray too far away from classic Ike, which I appreciate. I feel like he's buffed up quite a bit, but not so much that he's "broken." In fact, I think he's rather balanced as it is. All he needs are a few touch ups on the glitches as well as a thoroughly fleshed out aether combo sequence (once it's simplified/unglitchified, it will be redonkulous).

Good luck on making this whoop *** character even more...of an *** whooper lulz. :D

PWNZ3r0

Smash Cadet
In the fountain of forgotten and haunted dreams..
Flamethrower FLUDD

(Note that this is a very, very small hack. Made so that people can vote for which PSA character I make next. Voting is in the video description)

Changes:

Down B is a new flamethrower move. That's it.

Video:

Please subscribe if you like my videos :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo3xEVY_ZTo

Please subscribe if you like my videos :D

Download:

http://willhostforfood.com/dl.php?fileid=81557

Suggested texture:

http://willhostforfood.com/dl.php?fileid=81558
Oh your blemix im kinda of late then

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
and cuz i'm generous for this one second in time...
here's a few more pics

and preview of the Up B Recovery... side B is at the top of this page

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Is any capable of coding, interested in creating Viewtiful Joe? I really want someone to bring him in the game.
I would say just make a new thread with our / yours ideas and it gets more attention :(

I really support this since VJ is my favorite video games character :>

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
NEW FIGHTER: JET DIDDY!

This one's kind of a minor project of mine - I made it mainly to experiment with motion and model segment visibility, and also because there are surprisingly few Diddy Kong downloads on this board. It's pretty basic, but plenty of fun: Diddy Kong with his jetpacks on! What's not to like about flying monkeys, after all?

Changes from normal Diddy:
He always has jetpacks on, and they ignite when he jumps or uses certain attacks.
His rocket-powered dash is faster than normal Diddy, and his run is also slightly faster.
His traction is lower.
He has 5 mid-air jumps, but they are very small. Very useful considering Diddy's already good aerial game.
His third jab is now accompanied by a rocket boost attack that burns enemies at close range.
N-Air has been changed to a rocket-powered flip attack.
Monkey Flip's kick attack has been changed to a multi-hit rocket-powered double-backflip attack.

His bananas have been removed and replaced with a new attack: Shuttle Loop! Take that, Meta Knight! No, not exactly like Meta Knight's. Diddy's loop attack is slightly slower and includes a dive-bomb, allowing him to strike opponents from the air. He can also use it multiple times without landing, but since he ends the move at a lower altitude than he starts it, it cannot be used to keep him in the air indefinitely. It has excellent priority, super armor, and virtually no starting lag, and includes a spike at the moment it initiates. Just be careful using it on the ground with your back to a cliff...

Get it here!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ijaymfwtyqz/JetDiddy.pac

This is the first version and is subject to change based on suggestions.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
If the Eat Item command works, then you could make Ragna lighter, and make most of his Driveish moves Generate Food and Eat Item. This might or might not work.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
If the Eat Item command works, then you could make Ragna lighter, and make most of his Driveish moves Generate Food and Eat Item. This might or might not work.
It would need to be a trigger on connection with certain hitboxes since some moves dont have soul eater unless you tip them but yes that has some good potential.

Delx I'm sitting around with a friend trying to put the suggestions I threw your way into work to see ho the character would playtest. We have absolutely no plans on sending it to anyone etc but I thought I'd tell you out of respect.

TheUltimateMario

Smash Apprentice
Any info on the values of reflecting or reflecting at all yet? Dying to know that.
Aw man.. Im sorry dude about not helping you, i completely forgot about
PSA for awhile...

But on topic now, NEW RELEASE COMING SOON!
(As soon as i decrypt the pictures, and take
them upload them, put in the change log ect.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom