• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Mafia [GAME OVER]

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I have never denied it being strong, I knew it wasn't a solid reason. I have stated and/or implied this.

I was the second person to vote you (after people unvoted you). That is not a bandwagon at all, if anything I helped start one.

Also, I unvoted you in case you didn't see.
Yet I wonder if you would have removed your vote if I never claimed and was potentially going to be lynched. What I'm suggesting is that your "weak vote" based on "weak reasonings" would be a great way for scum to add to the vote count without bringing any attention. Then Kevin's bandwagon starts and one or two of your possible scummy partners "agree" with Kevin and bandwagon on his reasoning as well.

I did notice that you unvoted me. That doesn't remove any previous suspicions I had on you. Unvoting me at this point is the smart thing to do especially if you're scum. You gain a confirmed townie with medium strength abilities allowing you to make a better choice tonight on who is more worthy to be killed.

If anything, the only thing that you've done so far is passively place a vote on me which led to a Omni Train bandwagon. This does not shine a good light on you.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Don't talk about ongoing games if you would. Not sure if that rule is enforced here or not.

Omni

BRoomer
Oh, also add the newbie mafias to games I have watched you play.
Oh, and also Newbie Mafia isn't complete yet. Stop dodging the point that I've been repeating: You have never seen a confirmed Omni town play.

Handorin

Smash Hero
A good scum player will hardly ever leave lots of strong points for people to catch and argue about. It's the small things that count as well. No matter what they are.

Omni

BRoomer
A good scum player will hardly ever leave lots of strong points for people to catch and argue about. It's the small things that count as well. No matter what they are.
Are you suggesting that you're a good scum player?

Because I can see how that applies to yourself in this current scenario. The point you made was small and could only be argued by me if I were to point it out.

Handorin

Smash Hero

Because I can see how that applies to yourself in this current scenario. The point you made was small and could only be argued by me if I were to point it out.
No, I was suggesting that you can't really rely on only strong points to lynch someone. My point is just as valid to justify my vote as something monumental; it's just harder to point out, argue, and convince others it's a scum tell. A slight change in style, choice of words, responses, etc. all point in a direction. You have to make a collective decision.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, there are still too many votes on Omni now that he's claimed. I'm not overly familiar with FF7, but I would be shocked if Aerith wasn't in the game, and there are still four votes on him. Now, what I found interesting, is that Riddle asked for a vote count saying he wanted to know the vote-count and didn't want to seem like a bandwagoner AFTER Omni's claim. And not "Oh I got ninja'd" but almost 10 minutes later for a short post that couldn't have taken that long to come up with. Even if he's been somewhat scummy, he just claimed a character almost guaranteed to be in the game and town, and Riddle appeared to still want to vote him despite this fact.

Unvote: Jungle Vote: Riddle Until he provides a solid reasoning as to why he would clearly consider voting a townie with a nigh-guaranteed claim, this will stick

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
hey scumfever what do you make of omni's and hando's play?

I also have some other useless move called Gift from a Lift Stream that lets me leave a flower by someone during the start of the Day.
if you're fo reals then use this every Day

Not to mention it would be ballsy to fabricate an important main character and not someone who's just a random side character.
aeris is the ideal person for scum to claim. she's the most obvious choice for doctor meaning a free nightkill if they can get a counterclaim

however omni should be unvoted

fos hando for trying to incriminate omni on metagaming he apparently hasn't even seen

Riddle

Smash Lord
So, there are still too many votes on Omni now that he's claimed. I'm not overly familiar with FF7, but I would be shocked if Aerith wasn't in the game, and there are still four votes on him. Now, what I found interesting, is that Riddle asked for a vote count saying he wanted to know the vote-count and didn't want to seem like a bandwagoner AFTER Omni's claim. And not "Oh I got ninja'd" but almost 10 minutes later for a short post that couldn't have taken that long to come up with. Even if he's been somewhat scummy, he just claimed a character almost guaranteed to be in the game and town, and Riddle appeared to still want to vote him despite this fact.

Unvote: Jungle Vote: Riddle Until he provides a solid reasoning as to why he would clearly consider voting a townie with a nigh-guaranteed claim, this will stick
I honestly didn't realize that there had been more posts since I had read it last and didn't realize that omni had claimed. Now that omni has claimed a relatively prominent character (from what I've heard, I know nothing about final fantasy) I don't suspect him as much anymore. I would still like a vote count though.

Omni

BRoomer
if you're fo reals then use this every Day
It's called Gift from a Life Stream. In Final Fantasy, being in the life stream means you're dead meaning I can only plant this flower while I'm dead. It's suppose to give "flavor" for the day.

No, I was suggesting that you can't really rely on only strong points to lynch someone. My point is just as valid to justify my vote as something monumental; it's just harder to point out, argue, and convince others it's a scum tell. A slight change in style, choice of words, responses, etc. all point in a direction. You have to make a collective decision.
I think I just proved your "collective decision" wasn't very collective at all.

Your vote wasn't very monumental until I pointed it out. If I hadn't caught it would have gone unnoticed. Again, the only reason why it is not monumental is because I pointed out the fallacy in your otherwise non-harmful assumption.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I doubt the placing of the flower is ONLY flavor. There are probably conditions that could be met for a handful (or even one) player that would actually affect them in some way.

I'm still happy with my vote on jungle, as he hasn't really had much to say today. Until he stops coasting, I'll probably leave my vote where it is.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unvote: Omni

Marshy's got the right idea here. Doc-ish claim is definitely an ideal claim for a mafia in this game considering what they are rewarded with by drawing out a CC. That's not to say that he shouldn't be CC'd if someone else is really Aerith, it just means that if forced to claim, that's a good maf call.

But yeah, for now, Omni isn't a good lynch choice. I'm not ENTIRELY trusting of the claim for a few reasons though. One, I can very easily see Aerith being a character not in the game, much like Zack. Both are monumental characters in the FFVII universe (remember people, this is the whole UNIVERSE, not just the original game setting) and Zack is already dead. Since Aerith being dead is pretty integral to the plot, I could see he not being an active role (perhaps another NPC to appear later) and Omni may have just gotten lucky. Unlikely, but it's a possibility I'm considering. There's also the possibility, however slight, that Aerith is a lyncher target. I would NOT be surprised if there was a Sephiroth role in the game with a requirement that Aerith be lyncher (or maybe just be killed) as a requisite to win the game on top of normal win conditions, or something like that.

But yeah, wouldn't put much money on those potential realities, but I've been tossing those idea around. I figured I'd put 'em out there.

I'm currently interested in what mentos has said about Riddle. Situationally speaking, asking for a vote-count at the time DOES look pretty bad. I could also see it going both ways though, and him just being a cautious townie. I'll be looking into it and will touch upon it again later.

Omni

BRoomer
@McFox: No, it's only flavor; 100% sure on that.

@FrozenFlame: Stop worrying over something as little as Riddle and Mentos. Pretty sure Riddle was asking for a vote count and didn't realize I claimed but was rather continuing the argument. What's your take on Hando?

As much as I dislike Kevin right now I can't say I'm surprised by his play so far. Pretty sure he's just playing aggressive town Kevin although I would mind if he removed his vote from me ASAP.

Would like to hear more from Chill.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
@FrozenFlame: Stop worrying over something as little as Riddle and Mentos. Pretty sure Riddle was asking for a vote count and didn't realize I claimed but was rather continuing the argument.
the riddle thing is legitimate

also omni shouldn't be assumed town solely for his roleclaim. tom has had a game broken through nameclaims (batmafia) and he's since taken steps to make sure his games didn't end the same way. his method this time around may've been to give scum safeclaims

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
“Hey! Aerith is an Ancient and the real name of the Ancients is Cetra. The Ancients know where the Promised Land is and the Shin-Ra is searching for that Promised Land. I only heard stories 'bout the Promised Land. I don't know if it really exists. Is that right? The Shin-Ra believe that the Promised Land is full of Mako energy. Which means, if the Shin-Ra get there, they'll suck up all the Mako energy. …and the land'll wither away. The Planet's gonna get weaker. I can't just leave'em be. I'm recruitin' new members!! Me, Tifa, Cloud… and Aerith too. How 'bout you?

7th vote count:
Omni (2): Chill, Omis
Junglefever (2): McFox, Marshy
KevinM (2): Chaco, Ronike
Riddle (1): Mentosman
Chaco (1): KevinM

Not voting (7): Rockin, Omni, Blazer, Riddle, Junglefever, Handorin, Frozenflame

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for midnight (12:01 AM) EST on September 11.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ronike's vote on me is for what again?

Actually and Chaco's seeming to be a better lynch candidate because he said he started to agree or at least see where my plan was going and yet still has his vote on me.

Speak up you two.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
In terms of the little Omni vs. KevinM showdown, not really sure what to make of it but there was some personal things flying around. I can't tell if Omni really has broke down, but from the little nameclaim, he was definitally backed to a corner >>;; While several said that KevinM's tactic 'worked' or something, I just want to remind him that he has to be a bit more careful next time. I don't want him getting replaced again cause he was being rude (I'm assuming it wasn't intentional) >>

now, as for Omni's nameclaim, I dunno how to take it. There was only 3 votes on him. Right now, I felt he was pressured and backed to a corner in the worst way. The scummy kind. It shouldn't take 3 votes to make a person quickly nameclaim, roleclaim, and then ASK for a CC. I dunno, just see that as a Mafia tactic to attract the other possible doc if all else fails. It would've been understandable if Omni had like...5 or 6 votes. Around 3 votes or 4 would just make you want to fight harder to prove you're town. Also, your role bugs me. You're basically protecting two people as well as yourself. No restriction, or anything of the sort. In a game with 15 people...that sounds kinda broken >>

Fos: Omni

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
He was at -3 he did have 5 votes him.

and he can only do it once.

Read better bro

Also Rude=/=Personal Assaults. I would hope Omni knows well enough that I still bro love him outside of Mafia.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Oi. Another long day at the gym and school.
I'll once again make a better post tomorrow when I've fully caught up.
Kevin from what I've read (Still only on page 11 don't have time to read the rest), you're still on my scumdar. Not because of your idea being bad, but because your idea is only helpful to the mafia overall.
Maybe some info has changed though. <_<

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
He was at -3 he did have 5 votes him.

and he can only do it once.

Read better bro

Also Rude=/=Personal Assaults. I would hope Omni knows well enough that I still bro love him outside of Mafia.
stfu you *cast Fire3*

Bleh, sorry. When I read, it seemed like he had like 3 or 4 votes. I didn't read the last update of the list (however, I should've lol).

Still, I'm pretty uncomfortable Omni's nameclaim. Just doesn't seem believable imo

Blazer

Smash Ace
Can't edit but it appears things did change a bit by now. <_< I'll get around to things tomorrow.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Oi. Another long day at the gym and school.
I'll once again make a better post tomorrow when I've fully caught up.
Kevin from what I've read (Still only on page 11 don't have time to read the rest), you're still on my scumdar. Not because of your idea being bad, but because your idea is only helpful to the mafia overall.
Maybe some info has changed though. <_<
You're tunnel vision will hurt you later on.

You realize it generates discussion which is the only weapon town has. Sucks that a PR claimed but his scummy vibes that he has given off has driven everyone to post.

When people post they make connections, willingly or unwillingly. Connections help create trails to scumtells. It's all a game of getting people to talk and getting them to make a mistake. It's as simple as that.

You're blinded because you want me to be scum because of my aggressive play when in reality, it's effective.

Also you can't say I'm on your scumdar when you haven't read the rest of the arguments, be educated before you post or you'll find yourself needlessly looking suspicious when you spout an opinion based on something that may have changed on another page.

Come on Blazer you used to play, time to get back in the swing of things love.

Chaco

Never Logs In
That's from RVS Kevin and I just hadn't unvoted. Also, Kevin, your idea needs to stop if it's going to end up in quite a few claimed people. Not cool.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Why would you make me the day 1 lynch?
It was a rhetorical question. It seemed that you were just throwing out random people so I was asking why we couldn't "randomly" vote for you.
Chill, it'd be wise of you to drop the metagaming and focus on whats happening in this game.
I wasn't metagaming(entirely). At RVS you vote for someone for any reason just to get the ball rolling. I was basically using KevinM's idea for removing weak players to get the ball rolling even more quickly. Once Omni started to respond it became less about what happened last game and more about this game. Everytime he posted he looked more and more suspicous. I'm slightly behind in posting this but seeing as you voted for Omni at one point I think it's fair to say I was doing a good job.

I've still got my eye on him for reasons mentioned by you and the others. Aerith might not be in the game, his ability seems fake (protect yourself and two people !?). But at this stage in the game it wouldn't make sense for me to keep my vote on someone with his claim.

unvote: Omni

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
That's from RVS Kevin and I just hadn't unvoted. Also, Kevin, your idea needs to stop if it's going to end up in quite a few claimed people. Not cool.
There's no need to claim if you can adequately defend yourself buddy.

You've lurked and haven't contributed to any discussion besides the blanket statements of you didn't like my plan.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Kinda been busy, and don't have time to read up. I just post quick snippets and then gave to do more work.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Kinda been busy, and don't have time to read up. I just post quick snippets and then gave to do more work.
Thats not exactly fair to the rest of us. And its just a copout.

Fine with my vote I am.

Arkengate, I'm not quite sure if you realize it or not, but that entire post you just made contradicts your core argument that Day 1s are ridiculously hard and risky because there is "no evidence to go on". The fact that you and spam_master are arguing right now contradicts that point. The fact that you even made a substantial post like that contradicts that point. Saying that "there is nothing to base arguments off of day 1" is a bunch of bull****, and after making a post like that I find it quite ludicrous that you still adhere to that mentality.

Mafia is NOT a game where you sit around and wait for so called "evidence" to fall into place so you can logically deduce who's mafia just by knowing what happened to who. Mafia is a game of reading people, understanding and deducing intentions, being able to predict and/or conclude who would say, what, for what reason, and it what situations.

This is why EVERY post is important. Every time someone posts, no matter how substantial it is, there was obviously some motivation behind it. Any seemingly insignificant, non-substantial post could have malicious intent behind it, as can the long pedantic posts. My point is, you can't just sit around and wait for the anti-townies to make a flagrant mistake. Oftentimes the key to finding them is luring them into verbal traps, that make their intentions much easier to deduce.

Oh and Blazer, what's wrong with voting for someone who did a self-vote day one? That could easily be a sympathy ploy, or a nonchalantness mindgame. Anti-town players will often do that in bigger games just to disarm the masses. Blazer, your reactions is often EXACTLY what they want. The fact that you just said we shouldn't do that with no reasoning behind it, as if you assumed it was some sort of self imposed mafia taboo or something, is quite unsettling to me.
Vote: Sinz for giving a terrible summary of what Day 1's are like.

I know he was probably just fooling around but seriously, this whole negative, defeated attitude regarding day 1's has got to stop.

There is plenty to think about day one. Just because people say something is a joke doesn't mean it's 100% true. People might be throwing around ideas on the first day calling them jokes when all they're really trying to do is stir up confusion and just keep the town disoriented. It's easy to get lost Day 1 in the haze of disillusionment but if you take a second and really dig deep for what the greater motivations are that people have behind their posts, it's much easier to make some progress. It's not always optimal to understand a post for what the writer said in it, but instead to understand a post for WHY the writer said what they did, regardless of how true or serious it was.

But yeah guys seriously, I know none of us like day 1's, but the better your attitude about them and the more seriously you take 'em, the faster and easier they go by. Furthermore, you get more out of 'em. Day ones are by no means just all fun and games, or basically guessfests.

Old School Frozen about D1 for people arguing scum hunting is pointless

Chaco

Never Logs In
I haven't posts from by computer in like days. All my phone. Anyways, Ill be able to catch up more Friday. Sorry but tomorrow I won't even be on my computer til late.

V/LA til Friday.

Handorin

Smash Hero
fos hando for trying to incriminate omni on metagaming he apparently hasn't even seen
I have seen it. Have you not read? Just because I'm not a Broomer doesn't mean I didn't see that one game he was in. I'm watching Newbie 2 and we are both in Megaman, it doesn't matter if he is confirmed townie or not. He still played -differently- than he normally did. Such an action has to throw up flags. If he is mafia in those games, it would make sense for this to be a town behavior and vice versa. Since I don't know, I have to take it as I see it, and that was scummy.

Your vote wasn't very monumental until I pointed it out. If I hadn't caught it would have gone unnoticed. Again, the only reason why it is not monumental is because I pointed out the fallacy in your otherwise non-harmful assumption.
No, it was never monumental. I voted on something I though was odd, then people piled on. You just took something simple and completely blew it out of proportion. It's almost the exact situation that Nic put me in during Spiderman. You still haven't really proven me wrong. You just keep throwing the "You haven't really seen me play" argument, which is completely unacceptable when it isn't true. I had enough.

Arguing over your play style choice really has no place in the discussion now that you have claimed. Even though I think it was a poor choice, you nearly cleared yourself as town. Arguing on how scummy you were or could have been will put the town no where. We are better off discussing other things.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Word people I was gone all day yesterday playing IRL Mafia and smash, I'm ****. Seriously. K time to address a few things.
hey scumfever what do you make of omni's and hando's play?
I really think Omni just got into it with Kevin and Kev overpowered him. I think he got backed into a corner, and felt he could do nothing but nameclaim. I've learned to never fully trust role claims and name claims, and I know next to nothing of the FFVII universe, so I don't buy that he's completely clear (as no one should).

As far as Hando goes, I'm not quite sure what he's getting at. Like Omni said, if we are going to look at Omni's past games, we only have one to go off of, and he's currently in two other games. Saying he doesn't seem like the normal omni could mean a lot of things about this game (and the others but not important for htis game), but since we don't know his role or the outcome, it's a whole lot of assumption and speculation.

I'm still happy with my vote on jungle, as he hasn't really had much to say today.
There hasn't been much to say. I could just reiterate what others are saying, but then it just looks like I'm feigning activity.

Blazer

Smash Ace
You're tunnel vision will hurt you later on.

You realize it generates discussion which is the only weapon town has. Sucks that a PR claimed but his scummy vibes that he has given off has driven everyone to post.

When people post they make connections, willingly or unwillingly. Connections help create trails to scumtells. It's all a game of getting people to talk and getting them to make a mistake. It's as simple as that.

You're blinded because you want me to be scum because of my aggressive play when in reality, it's effective.

Also you can't say I'm on your scumdar when you haven't read the rest of the arguments, be educated before you post or you'll find yourself needlessly looking suspicious when you spout an opinion based on something that may have changed on another page.

Come on Blazer you used to play, time to get back in the swing of things love.
Be angry no more, I caught up.

I still absolutely abhore your thinking. Yes, getting rid of weak players generates discussion, but I would rather have conversation possibly stall, than have a dead townie, irregardless of who they are. It's a numbers game as well as a conversational game.

However, I have become less against you with this whole scenario. I feel like Omni was correct to say you ignored his points but really, he didn't have any that were worthwhile either. You're just an overly aggressive, mildly insulting player, that was how I played at my peak so I see where you're coming from.

I'm out of ideas on who I'm suspicious of again. Still a little of Kevin, obviously. But it wouldn't warrant an FOS from me even.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
“Ordinary luck. It will be an active fortune. Give into the good will of others, and something big'll happen after summer... what... what's this? Huh?”

“Let me try again.”

“Be careful of forgetfulness. Your lucky color is ...blue? ...Forget it.”

“Wait, wait give me another chance! Wait! Let me try it again!”

“What you pursue will be yours. But you will lose something dear.”

“I don't know if it's good OR bad... This's the first time I ever got something like THIS. Then shall we?”

8th vote count:
Junglefever (2): McFox, Marshy
KevinM (2): Chaco, Ronike
Omni (1): Omis
Riddle (1): Mentosman
Chaco (1): KevinM

Not voting (8): Rockin, Omni, Blazer, Riddle, Junglefever, Handorin, Frozenflame, Chill

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for midnight (12:01 AM) EST on September 11.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Be angry no more, I caught up.

I still absolutely abhore your thinking. Yes, getting rid of weak players generates discussion, but I would rather have conversation possibly stall, than have a dead townie, irregardless of who they are. It's a numbers game as well as a conversational game.

However, I have become less against you with this whole scenario. I feel like Omni was correct to say you ignored his points but really, he didn't have any that were worthwhile either. You're just an overly aggressive, mildly insulting player, that was how I played at my peak so I see where you're coming from.

I'm out of ideas on who I'm suspicious of again. Still a little of Kevin, obviously. But it wouldn't warrant an FOS from me even.
Why would you ever want conversation to stall.

Again conversation is a townies best weapon.

FOS Blazer

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ok, first off, unvote: KevinM. Sorry a ton dude, school has been making me way too busy, and like I said, extra time goes into my mafia game. Which i haven't had any extra time for recently...

Anyways, I'm mostly caught up (don't have much time, so I had to skim a tad), and Kevin seems very townlike to me now. There has been a variety of things happening, moreso than other games at this point, so whoever said it was scummy that he wanted 3 different people dead this fast (FF I think), I'm sure its just a combination of his usual aggressiveness and the heightened amount of topics so far in this game. Instead, I think I'll move on to Omni:

First off, I have seen this:
Still don't see where I'm cracking or losing my composure. I've been pretty nonchalant/assholish this entire game. Since we're headed in this direction:

I'm Aerith Gainsborough, the town helper. One night, I can protect myself and 2 others I decide to include in my party and protect them from night kills. It's called Great Gospel. I also have some other useless move called Gift from a Lift Stream that lets me leave a flower by someone during the start of the Day.

Any CC's?
And it seems a tad off to me. First off, though I haven't played FFVII, I do know that it was important for Aerith to be dead, so I would not be surprised at all if she was missing from the game. Second, the "Any CC's?" gives me a bad vibe. Why not just leave it off? It just seems out of place to me. Third, this whole thing:

It's called Gift from a Life Stream. In Final Fantasy, being in the life stream means you're dead meaning I can only plant this flower while I'm dead. It's suppose to give "flavor" for the day.
A few things, why didn't you say this with your roleclaim, and why did you feel the need to explain it? Almost like you are making things up as you go... So I agree with Marshy, it seems like Tom may have given safe CC's to the scum, of which Omni is a part of.

My second major point is the whole "I've never claimed to be good, Kevin is just trying to make me look bad!" thing. Its irritating, especially because so many of your posts you make yourself sound like you are the best!

Oh, and also Newbie Mafia isn't complete yet. Stop dodging the point that I've been repeating: You have never seen a confirmed Omni town play.
First off, I took special care to read the original post where Hando called you that, and he wasn't saying a normal Omni town, he was saying that you didn't sound like a normal town, Omni. Which you don't. Stop trying to twist the words. Second, that's not even a good point anyways! Just because we don't know you are town in another game, doesn't mean we can't tell when you are acting in the town's best interest and when you aren't. And this is one where you aren't acting in our interest. So stop trying to say that this is a good point that everyone is a bad player for ignoring.

Um, if anything, this is the biggest "Oh, look at me, I'm so much better than you will ever be" comment I have ever seen a newbie say. So stop trying to take away an obvious and big scumtell by saying "Oh, I never did that, lulz" and give reasons. I don't buy your claim, and since I doubt people will jump on you to try to get you lynched even with my vote, that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Vote: Omni

Top Bottom