• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Mafia [GAME OVER]

Chaco

Never Logs In
And why lynch me? Why not no lynch? I know what you'll say "No lynching sucks", but why hurt the town with a lynch out of your ***?

And also:
“I know… no one lives in the slums because they want to. It's like this train. It can't run anywhere except where its rails take it.”

3rd vote count:
Omni (2): KevinM, Chill
Macman (2): Mentos, Handorin
KevinM (2): Chaco, Junglefever
Chaco (1):Macman
Blazer (1): Omis
Omis (1): Marshy
McFox (1): Riddle
Junglefever (1): McFox

Not voting (4): Rockin, Omni, Blazer, Ronike
Is everyone down for a chaco lynch and we can move to D2?

Unvote if I had one

Vote: Chaco
Are you even reading? These were liteally 4 posts apart.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I agree with Kev's line of thinking of a strong team D2 to push the right lynch, but why Chaco and not anyone else? What exactly is making him off instead of say, me?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
It yields more than the inactivity that we had all day.
how are there not more votes on jungle? this was his exact justification for all his fluff in hp mafia. there were plenty of times where the thread stalled and he'd waltz in and post nothingness to "stir discussion"

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted in this game. That's what I get for deciding to skip out on a good deal of the joke-voting. First and foremost: Unvote: Macman(now FF)

Now, on to other things. First of all, to all you saying bandwagons are good, Frozen hit the nail on the head. bandwagoning =/= consecutive pressure votes, bandwagoning is a quick succession of votes with the intent of lynching with little or no explanation given. The only reason they are good is because they can help point scum.

Second of all, I am in agreement with Marshy right now on Jungle's play. That was one thing that stood out to me in HPmafia(I never called it out because, well, wouldn't have really helped me whatsoever), and the line he gave is just about the equivalent of what he had been doing. It's still early in the day so this may change, but for now, Vote: Junglefever

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, I'm not gonna lie, McFox's post there bugs me as well. The main reason being the undersized font when he pointed out that the Omis quote wasn't real.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha I agree I didn't think it was real quote on reading it, I'm just saying it looked like it was made to look real, and the part making sure people realized it wasn't was undersized. Nothing to vote on you for yet or anything, it's just the kind of thing that sticks out to me, and I figure it should be mentioned.

Riddle

Smash Lord
My only experiences with actually voting to lynch (rather than daykilling) were two newbie games where the scum was new and probably easier to pressure still ended in townie lynches the first two days. While I actually agree with the option of getting rid of a weaker townie to make a stronger team to lynch with day 2 I think it would be counterproductive since scum would then just kill a stronger townie and we would be back where we started. In addition Chaco or junglefever might even be town pr's and we would lose a lot for not letting them get even 1 night action in.

I think if we got in a lot of discussion and FoS's and suspicions and then no lynched every town pr would get a chance to do their stuff and we could use our previous supicions from the day before along with everything that happened at night to make a much more informed decision. Obviously if someone commits a major scumtell before we nl we could still easily lynch them. (This applies to the first one too which gives a reason to wait til nearer to the deadline)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
scum will just kill a strong townie every night regardless of who we lynch. and the "they could be power roles" applies to anyone

too complicated. lynch the scummy players. keep the stronger/not suspicious ones for an easier endgame

also relying on power roles that much won't end well. tom may've put millers and given scum investigation immunity. he did something like that in his last game

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
“Hojo has named me, Red XIII. A name with no meaning whatsoever to me.”

5th vote count:
Junglefever (3): McFox, Marshy, Mentosman
KevinM (2): Chaco, Junglefever
Frozenflame (1): Handorin
Chaco (1): KevinM
Omni (1): Chill

Not voting (6): Rockin, Omni, Blazer, Ronike, Riddle, Frozenflame

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for midnight (12:01 AM) EST on September 11.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ugh, sorry I've been so inactive, I got into school a week before classes started. That should pretty much explain how busy I've been. At any rate, this will prolly be my last post for a few days so I can take time to get my game up and running.

So at any rate, Kevin, I know we have two very different views on how the game should be played, but just lynching someone because they are bad, not because they are scummy? I can see where you are coming from, but it is just too radical an idea. Especially this early. Were we at the end of a deadline, then I could maybe approve of this idea, but when we are only 5 days into a game? No. It's just trying to end the day early, which allows the scum to get through a day with very little chance for slip ups. Not to mention it discourages new players from playing and keeps the bad players from getting better. We were all bad at some point Kev. So yeah, I can see nothing positive from suggesting this idea this early into the day. If you had proposed it later, I could maybe see some townie intentions from you, but this is just scummy. Vote: KevinM

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'm....not sure what to really say for KevinM's post >>

I agree that it's good that we should have a strong townie team so as to help track down scum better. However, not much liking the fact he's choosing to vote someone as a canidate for 'low quality towns play.' As Ronike said, if he were to say this later on, it'd be much understandable. It's only been a few days. Give them time to scum hunt some more. We still have a whole week and a half to judge upon how people is playing.

I want to say that Junglefever has added little to the discussion thus far. He needs to step it up. If this continues, I wouldn't mind a jf lynch. right now, it's too early to tell

Riddle - power roles shouldn't be relied so heavily (unless it's something like cop). People with townie power roles are going to have to play better if they want to live so as to help town. If a person with a pr is playing like Jf, then they're not being helpful

also, good to see you Frozenflame.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Both Ronike and Rockins posts are blatant contradictions. I'll let other people find them before i decide to point them out.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Riddle - power roles shouldn't be relied so heavily (unless it's something like cop). People with townie power roles are going to have to play better if they want to live so as to help town. If a person with a pr is playing like Jf, then they're not being helpful

also, good to see you Frozenflame.
Yeah, I've been playing a lot of epic mafia lately. Power roles are all thats really used there, except in no pr lylo situations.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Pause. Joke RVS vote; then leaving a vote based on a single game of Mafia you've seen in the past, and the fact that I put a little pressure on you three? OMGUS, indeed.

You can keep your vote and hold on to your hissy fit, but I'm glad to know I can force interesting responses out of you by nudging you just a bit. Of course saying that one of you three could be Mafia was bait to see how one of you would respond. Interesting that it was you.

Mafia will do their best to avoid attention, but they will also avoid trying to seem too lurker-ish. The RVS stage is a perfect time for them to allow their presence to be shown without casting any suspicion on them.

But leave your vote on me. Let us know when you're ready to really contribute.
Hissy fit? Baiting? Wow, you're so good at this game Omni.

Yes, it's so interesting that I was the one to respond. Forgive me for being active. Just as I was the one to respond when you said "Crimson, Chill are the two of you done scheming yet?" You where certainly right there weren't you? Oh wait, no you weren't.

You're not impressing me Omni. You're still acting like you've got everything figured out, you're still laying out your lame "plans" and "traps". If you're only response to someone voting for you is going to be "ooh you're mafia, I know this because I'm sooooo clever" you're only going to contribute to another town loss. If you continue on this path you won't be a asset to this team at all.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I think it's worth recognzing something thatJungleFever said
I agree with Kev's line of thinking of a strong team D2 to push the right lynch, but why Chaco and not anyone else? What exactly is making him off instead of say, me?
Kevin, you still haven't said what's off about Chaco.

And now you've said that Ronikes and Rockin's posts are contradictory but someone else should point it out before you do. Why should we do your work for you? If you have something to say than do it. Why shouldn't we make you the Day1 lynch?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Hissy fit? Baiting? Wow, you're so good at this game Omni.

Yes, it's so interesting that I was the one to respond. Forgive me for being active. Just as I was the one to respond when you said "Crimson, Chill are the two of you done scheming yet?" You where certainly right there weren't you? Oh wait, no you weren't.

You're not impressing me Omni. You're still acting like you've got everything figured out, you're still laying out your lame "plans" and "traps". If you're only response to someone voting for you is going to be "ooh you're mafia, I know this because I'm sooooo clever" you're only going to contribute to another town loss. If you continue on this path you won't be a asset to this team at all.
It really is fun antagonizing you, and it's hilarious watching you get you serious over a single comment that was clearly a response nudge.

I'm not trying to impress anyone. I don't have anything figured out. I don't have any plans at the moment.

Notice how you're the one with the vote on me and how I don't have a vote on you? I'm more concerned about how seriously you've been taking me considering I haven't had a serious implication since the game started. I'm not involving myself in this "get rid of the weakest link" argument since I think it's also equally as stupid as your argument towards me.

You really need to change your tampon because it's stinking up the place.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Fundamental:
3. Do not personally attack another player. Arguments against dumb logic or terrible play are acceptable, but repeated attempts to offend another player will result in replacement of you, not them.
If I have to quote this again, replacements will be made.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Omni, you keep saying in your posts how "riled up" I am but I'm not the one resorting to personal attacks or chilidish insults to prove my point. You're still not playing this game Omni, at least not very well.

You certainly have made a serious implication, it becomes more apparent each time you post. And if we're going to be deciding our Day1 lynch based on our most 'useless' member I'd rather it be you than anyone else.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
unvote

I really don't think kevin is scummy, that's just the sort of cut throat guy he is.

I'd still like to know what makes Chaco qualified as the weak link.

Chaco

Never Logs In
unvote

I really don't think kevin is scummy, that's just the sort of cut throat guy he is.

I'd still like to know what makes Chaco qualified as the weak link.
Most likely me messing up in BIM.

Handorin

Smash Hero
It sucks that Omni is leaving, because I thought he was playing very odd (not normal).

Vote: Omni

My argument toward him is pretty much going to go away when he is replaced though.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Posting to avoid the prod lol.
I'm having a busy day and will catch up and make a good post tomorrow, promised.

Omni

BRoomer
It sucks that Omni is leaving, because I thought he was playing very odd (not normal).

My argument toward him is pretty much going to go away when he is replaced though.
Decided to play it out. Don't wanna be "that guy".

You can go ahead and voice your argument towards me.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think it's worth recognzing something thatJungleFever said

Kevin, you still haven't said what's off about Chaco.

And now you've said that Ronikes and Rockin's posts are contradictory but someone else should point it out before you do. Why should we do your work for you? If you have something to say than do it. Why shouldn't we make you the Day1 lynch?
Why would you make me the day 1 lynch?

Omni

BRoomer
I normally don't have someone like Chill ridin' up my *** for dumb reasons neither.

Not sure what you want me to say, Hando. How do you feel the situation between Chill and I? Do you agree with the current conversation about removing the weakest link in D1?

I've been too busy telling Chill that he's stupid (which I'll refrain from doing in the future), and I don't care to join the recent argument about removing potential weak links.

How does normal "town" Omni play to you? AIMMafia Omni plays very aggressive from the get go. SWFMafia Omni is normally passive until they catch a scent of scum.

If you care to wonder who I'm keeping an eye on it's Kevin.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
So far, Kevin seems to be consistent with how I've seen him play. Not that it's a difficult play to fake "push for a weak link for the D1 lynch in order to have a better endgame," so we'll have to see.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Actually never mind Chaco looks like you get to stay I'm down with Omni train

All aboarddddd

*choo choo*

Unvote Chaco

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I normally don't have someone like Chill ridin' up my *** for dumb reasons neither.

Not sure what you want me to say, Hando. How do you feel the situation between Chill and I? Do you agree with the current conversation about removing the weakest link in D1?

I've been too busy telling Chill that he's stupid (which I'll refrain from doing in the future), and I don't care to join the recent argument about removing potential weak links.

How does normal "town" Omni play to you? AIMMafia Omni plays very aggressive from the get go. SWFMafia Omni is normally passive until they catch a scent of scum.

If you care to wonder who I'm keeping an eye on it's Kevin.
This whole post is a wake of ****ing space. You've asked a weak question about removing the weakest link. Then said you don't care to join in the argument.

Why is that Omni, are you worried about slipping up.

All aboard the Omni Bus don't worry I'll take you all for a smooth rideee.

Omni

BRoomer
This whole post is a wake of ****ing space. You've asked a weak question about removing the weakest link. Then said you don't care to join in the argument.

Why is that Omni, are you worried about slipping up.

All aboard the Omni Bus don't worry I'll take you all for a smooth rideee.

I think it's a silly idea; no need to elaborate.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
“A man once told me never to use an unscientific term such as mysterious power! It shouldn't even be called 'magic'! I still remember how angry he was.”

“Who was that?”

“Hojo of Shinra, Inc. …An inexperienced man assigned to take over the work of a great scientist. He was a walking mass of complexes.”

6th vote count:
Junglefever (3): McFox, Marshy, Mentosman
Omni (3): Chill, Handorin, KevinM
KevinM (2): Chaco, Ronike

Not voting (6): Rockin, Omni, Blazer, Riddle, Frozenflame, Junglefever

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for midnight (12:01 AM) EST on September 11.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright so a few things:

Concerning Chill and Omni, I think the answer to the question of why Omni may be playing strangely (whatever the hell that means, definitely needs elaborating) is because like he said, Chill is quite literally riding his *** because of some stupid metagaming. Not really sure why Chill is holding some old Broom game over Omni's head, but IMO it seems pretty uncalled for. The argument seems pretty petty and the points Chill has brought to the table don't really have any weight. As far as I'm concerned, there isn't much reliable substance that either of them have put out. Ad hominem kinda ruins everything.

Chill, it'd be wise of you to drop the metagaming and focus on whats happening in this game.

@ Kevin: Why so gung-ho? Though I wouldn't say your aggressiveness is unusual, nor your general succinctness in the early game, but your willingness to settle for not one, not two, but 3 people so quickly just seems WAY off. What's the deal dude?

Basically from what I've seen, you're cool with a Chaco lynch for misunderstanding you and asking you a question (or perhaps metagaming is influencing this?), JF for being a coaster, and now Omni because someone else said he's "off"? Am I right in asserting this?

Marshy, you seemed much too quick to jump on board with Kev to assault Chaco early on. I have a particular inkling that you guys may be hard-metaing Chaco from BIM which makes we WANT to let it slide, but an explanation would be nice. I can't really seem to connect the dots as to what it is that set you guys off.

@ Hando, if you truly consider the nature of Chill's attacks, do you STILL believe Omni is truly playing "off"?

**** this game is hectic. So much **** going on at once lol.

Blazer

Smash Ace
At the current moment I'm feeling like lynching Kevin might be our best bet.
Looking at your idea of "Let's lynch someone weak and have a better D2 team!" from the outside, it sounds fantastic. Really, let's do that. Like let's get rid of a teammate of ours that could later come in as a vote for our side. Granted we don't know that they'll do that, but weak players tend to bandwagon a bit more.

Another issue with this is that I've learned hosting a lot of games, every player counts. Almost all the games I would host and play in would come DANGEROUSLY close to a loss. The only time that this didn't happen was when I was mafia (I've also never lost a mafiat. I just remembered that). Considering this holds true to the higher level of play here, every single person counts whether they're a good player or a bad one. They're an option for the mafia to nightkill instead of X awesome player. They're an extra vote, they're a chance for the endgame 50/50 choice between the mafia guy and the townie guy instead of the mafia just winning.

Your idea sounds fantastic in essence, but it's really terrible imo.

Top Bottom