• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Mafia [GAME OVER]

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay, time to start. Well, first I'm going to bring up is Kevin.

Kevin, in all honesty, has contributed near nothing. I'm not saying I have because I've been busy. However, the "Let's name claim" "Let's train" does not really help us at all. I've already explained that your plan is nonsensical, and I stand by it. You are merely hindering the town because, what I assume you mean, D1 isn't playable? You said that you can't pressure and there are no night actions. So pretty much a train will end the day, you will gain no information, and then you will be back to your ****ty plan again. It won't work. Building a stronger team is good and all, but you know what team is best? The one without scum on it. So killing off townies to suit your whim is just scummy as all get out. Whether it's your play style or not, it doesn't matter, it's a horrible plan. I do not even see why Marshy is going along with it. He should even know that the plan is in bad taste. It makes sense, yes, but is it smart? Not at all. I also do not like his idea of, "Oh if you can defend yourself you won't have to claim" That's hella dumb. Cause when you're gutting them there's almost nothing you can go from. Actually scratch that, your not even gutting. You're just throwing accusations.

Anyways, I don't like the plan. It's not helping us at all. And it's been demanding attention. Needs to stop.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Losing a townie is IMO, worse than conversation stalling. When you lose a townie, you lose a whole person, who can vote, think, etc.
When conversation stalls (You guys treat this like it's satanic), you get a slow down in conversation, then usually a deadline will hit, and we lose one person. We kill a townie, we lose two people one tonight, one during the day. Conversation stalling>>>>>Killing a townie to "Strengthen our team", that in fact weakens our team good sir. More players on our team=better team. Mafia isn't one of those games where your weakest player determines how good your group is, and more than likely, if we've figured someone out, even a bad player will join us on the vote.

I really haven't had time to get into the discussions this game. I'm constantly busy with school throughout the week, and have a very active social life and a very rough workout schedule that will leave me too tired to go through huge posts, so for the most part I've had to just skim. I really only have had time to pop in, defend myself, make small points, and then leave. EX: I didn't get home at all from 6:45 am to midnight last night.

And I missed the part where I said I'd rather lose our "Best weapon" than lose a townie. Is Kevin our "Best weapon"? Because if you think someone who would look to "Strengthen our Day 2 team" by like the third day of day 1 is our "Best weapon" you are completely wrong. Kevin completely copped out and decided killing a townie is better than nothing for today, hence my "Tunnel vision". And you completely miss the fact that I said I'd lost a lot of suspicion for him, enough so that I don't even bother to FOS him.

In short: Kevin=not our best weapon. Conversation stalling>>>>Losing a townie, even a weak one I'd rather see a draw than a loss. Killing someone because they can't play well=Bad decision so early on. I'd almost rather go with a no lynch.

I'll be able to join in the discussion better today. I have no plans except maybe a gym trip so I should be on and reading up more.
Chaco I'm going to ignore you for the time being since you don't have a legitimate worry about me besides the fact that you don't like my plan. That coupled with the fact that you're at least posting this time regardless of how wishy washy its been makes me think I'll be able to pick up a lead on you if I ever need to.

However at this point I will need to Unvote: Chaco

And here we go on a magical carpet ride, hold on folks this is some dank *** **** I got here.

Blazer said:
<_< Well. I'm glad me attempting to start the game up is enough for me to get auto-townie from somebody.

On the other hand, I think you jumped the gun with that if I'm to look at the subjectively. I made one post to start us with doing something, and you automatically assume I'm townie? A mafia player could make that post as well, easily. It's their goal to keep the town believing they're townies, and helping the game along is a way to do that.

That being said, I think it's obvious Cloud=Townie, Sephiroth=Mafia. Cait Sithcould actually be indy I think. I can't remember how the game's story went well enough.
This post didn't sit well with me from the beginning but I was hoping that Blazer was merely just knew but as he's continued to play the game he's continued to throw out weird little scum tells. The reason you wouldn't want to be a confirmed townie day 1 is if you're scum. This sounds weird I know, but as the game goes on, those "auto" clears that didn't have a lot of reasoning for their clear are usually heavily scrutinized. Best to throw that suspicion off now rather then later. After that he instantly starts role fishing, or alignment fishing for that matter. This is never helpful for town, as a townie it's baseless speculation and as a scum its just fishing for how much information a townie might have.

Blazer said:
Not a name claim, list characters that could be in the game, and then what abilities they might have. EX:
Sephiroth=Mafia
Cloud=Townie, possibly ability to kill
Vincent=Townie, possibly ability to be awesomely awesome.
Basically the same thing, notice on second glance he's listing both people's possible abilities and alignment. What good does that do a town, heck it may even make people become tunnelvisioned if a role claim or name claim comes up. This is classic subtle scum play.

Mcfox at this point tells him that the speculation is worthless and Blazer responds with:

Blazer said:
How dare ye insult Vincent!

Vote: Mcfox
Jk
Unvote: Mcfox

Now then I see where you all are coming from, but honestly name claims have hardly ever worked in games I've been in in the past. Lots of "I'M TOWNIE X" Doesn't realy do much for your case. Then again I played with a group of drones almost, who would unify their votes and be impossible to dissuade.

If you guys don't like the idea though, feel free not to do it. I'll not either I suppose.
He backs down from what he was doing VERY quickly here don't you guys think? Seems kind of contradictory with the bolded piece also, he went from listing names and alignments, to "Name claims have hardly ever worked". So what was he setting up? Some townie knowledge bait or just a slight slip?

Omis responds in kind.

Blazer said:
I never said do a nameclaim, dang. I said list characters from the games and what roles you think they could have.
It avoided the whole "Joke vote" stage of things.
And I said I wouldn't do it since you all were against it.

<_< Here we go. Game=starting lol.
Really defensive just for somebody calling his plan stupid. He drops what he was trying to build up for two posts awfully fast and then tries to smooth it over with a quick joke, showing that the game has gotten serious fast.

Hando again responds with why his idea is bad after this.

Blazer said:
Yeah like I said I get where you guys are coming from, I've played the game a lot I know. I'm still a bit used to playing with drones though.
I thought for a moment Blazer had said he hadn't played in a while, interesting, that seems like a contradiction.

Blazer said:
I agree! Omni for your amazing powers of speech we must kill you!

Vote: omni
Coming from the person who had not even a day ago had said the game officially started he sure seemed awfully fast to drop back into joke votes. Because there is a lot LESS worry to screw up there.

Blazer said:
Unvote:Omni

After two or three it gets a little too much when it comes to joke votes <_<.
Really odd statement here considering BLAZER WAS THE SECOND VOTE ON A USELESS BANDWAGON. Very curious that a blatant contradiction of play went unnoticed.

Blazer said:
Nah there's nothing wrong with them, but it can hurt things just as much as it helps. I've won games as a mafia leader cause of joke wagons. Just gotta be careful with them.
And I really don't think a joke wagon is gonna pressure anyone.

Btw, as a mafia, I have an undefeated streak of like 5-0 lol.
Just filler post about game mechanics, great things to have about scum, makes you appear active and knowledgeable but at the same time you're not doing anything. Also how do you win as mafia with joking wagons? Day 1 is the only time that should happen, either the mafia games your playing are terrible or you're just trying to dismiss the fact you could be scum by talking so casually of your scum play.

Blazer said:
I don't feel like Kingdom hearts Cloud counts as FF cloud. Besides that, he has a bat wing, not an angel wing from what I've seen.
More pointless filler, oddly enough it was in response to a serious vote from Mcfox. He quoted it, and then decided to only post about the Cloud he thought it would be. In the spotlight but mute again?

Blazer said:
I don't quite get why we'd lynch Chaco. He's entitled to an opinion about how different things on the game work. Granted his opinion led to him telling me I shouldn't unvote a joke vote...

Also, Jungle, why would we no lynch? There's some conversation going on even if it isn't the best. We'd just be hurting ourselves if we no lynched right now.
This is a huge contradiction within your post. You do the casual I don't think lynching Chaco is a good idea he's entitled to his opinion and it seems normal. Then the scum nudge of trying to point out his opinion of your joke vote. Again, leaning but not pushing here.

Blazer said:
IIRC the trend is to kill Frozenflame the first night every game right? Has that changed since I left?

I think we should listen to him while he's alive <_<.

Honestly guys I'm not sure what to say at the moment. I unvoted from the bandwagon because I didn't want it getting too close to a lynch over nothing. From what I got out of it those were mostly joke votes, why people suddenly defended their joke vote reasoning, is beyond me.
Admit's he's not familier with SWF Mafia in this post. And then says he doesn't have much to say now that the game is getting serious. Odd you sure did have a lot of subtle pushes when we were all joking around. Afraid to be scrutinized?

Blazer said:
Posting to avoid the prod lol.
I'm having a busy day and will catch up and make a good post tomorrow, promised.
Just useless filler posting.

Blazer said:
At the current moment I'm feeling like lynching Kevin might be our best bet.
Looking at your idea of "Let's lynch someone weak and have a better D2 team!" from the outside, it sounds fantastic. Really, let's do that. Like let's get rid of a teammate of ours that could later come in as a vote for our side. Granted we don't know that they'll do that, but weak players tend to bandwagon a bit more.

Another issue with this is that I've learned hosting a lot of games, every player counts. Almost all the games I would host and play in would come DANGEROUSLY close to a loss. The only time that this didn't happen was when I was mafia (I've also never lost a mafiat. I just remembered that). Considering this holds true to the higher level of play here, every single person counts whether they're a good player or a bad one. They're an option for the mafia to nightkill instead of X awesome player. They're an extra vote, they're a chance for the endgame 50/50 choice between the mafia guy and the townie guy instead of the mafia just winning.

Your idea sounds fantastic in essence, but it's really terrible imo.
Has anyone seen a more wishy washy accusation for a lynch?
"You're idea is fantastic.. but its really terrible"
"We should vote him, but I won't vote him"
"I've also never lost as a mafia, just remembered that" Thats funny you've mentioned in once before.

You're whole post tries to nonchalantly bust on my idea without ever putting yourself at a direct opposition of me. Odd, if you think I was scum I would hope you're ready to confront me.

Blazer said:
Oi. Another long day at the gym and school.
I'll once again make a better post tomorrow when I've fully caught up.
Kevin from what I've read (Still only on page 11 don't have time to read the rest), you're still on my scumdar. Not because of your idea being bad, but because your idea is only helpful to the mafia overall.
Maybe some info has changed though. <_<v
Doesn't read up fully still tries to SLIGHTLY push suspicion on me but leaves it alone, Odd again he's not doing much but he's still posting. Again says he needs more time to post. After finishing reading through he again says he'll post tomorrow.

Blazer said:
Be angry no more, I caught up.

I still absolutely abhore your thinking. Yes, getting rid of weak players generates discussion, but I would rather have conversation possibly stall, than have a dead townie, irregardless of who they are. It's a numbers game as well as a conversational game.

However, I have become less against you with this whole scenario. I feel like Omni was correct to say you ignored his points but really, he didn't have any that were worthwhile either. You're just an overly aggressive, mildly insulting player, that was how I played at my peak so I see where you're coming from.

I'm out of ideas on who I'm suspicious of again. Still a little of Kevin, obviously. But it wouldn't warrant an FOS from me even.
He basically just repeats exactly what he said when I was the "prime lynch suspect" but this time I'm just overly aggressive and wouldn't even be worth suspicion from him because he "sees the method" And that's how he played at his peak even though he's talked about all the games he's won and how he's never lost as a mafia.. odd.

Blazer said:
Losing a townie is IMO, worse than conversation stalling. When you lose a townie, you lose a whole person, who can vote, think, etc.
When conversation stalls (You guys treat this like it's satanic), you get a slow down in conversation, then usually a deadline will hit, and we lose one person. We kill a townie, we lose two people one tonight, one during the day. Conversation stalling>>>>>Killing a townie to "Strengthen our team", that in fact weakens our team good sir. More players on our team=better team. Mafia isn't one of those games where your weakest player determines how good your group is, and more than likely, if we've figured someone out, even a bad player will join us on the vote.
Conversation stalling is like losing a plyer. It's the absolute worst thing for a town to have, I can't stress that enough. Look at Newbie Mafia and see what it did to us on D3. A bad player can join a mafia player on a vote to You know that.

Blazer said:
I really haven't had time to get into the discussions this game. I'm constantly busy with school throughout the week, and have a very active social life and a very rough workout schedule that will leave me too tired to go through huge posts, so for the most part I've had to just skim. I really only have had time to pop in, defend myself, make small points, and then leave. EX: I didn't get home at all from 6:45 am to midnight last night.

And I missed the part where I said I'd rather lose our "Best weapon" than lose a townie. Is Kevin our "Best weapon"? Because if you think someone who would look to "Strengthen our Day 2 team" by like the third day of day 1 is our "Best weapon" you are completely wrong. Kevin completely copped out and decided killing a townie is better than nothing for today, hence my "Tunnel vision". And you completely miss the fact that I said I'd lost a lot of suspicion for him, enough so that I don't even bother to FOS him.

In short: Kevin=not our best weapon. Conversation stalling>>>>Losing a townie, even a weak one I'd rather see a draw than a loss. Killing someone because they can't play well=Bad decision so early on. I'd almost rather go with a no lynch.

I'll be able to join in the discussion better today. I have no plans except maybe a gym trip so I should be on and reading up more.
yet again he can't join in discussion because he has to leave. He tries to slowly seep the info that I'm not infallible and yet again says that I'm a terrible townie by copping out but never voting for me.

The reason he attacked again was of course Chaco doing it first allowing him to blend seemlessly in agian with his subtle jabs.

I feel this is CERTAINLY enough to warrent Blazer as our D1 lynch.

Vote: Blazer

Blazer

Smash Ace
Chaco I'm going to ignore you for the time being since you don't have a legitimate worry about me besides the fact that you don't like my plan. That coupled with the fact that you're at least posting this time regardless of how wishy washy its been makes me think I'll be able to pick up a lead on you if I ever need to.

However at this point I will need to Unvote: Chaco

And here we go on a magical carpet ride, hold on folks this is some dank *** **** I got here.

This post didn't sit well with me from the beginning but I was hoping that Blazer was merely just knew but as he's continued to play the game he's continued to throw out weird little scum tells. The reason you wouldn't want to be a confirmed townie day 1 is if you're scum. This sounds weird I know, but as the game goes on, those "auto" clears that didn't have a lot of reasoning for their clear are usually heavily scrutinized. Best to throw that suspicion off now rather then later. After that he instantly starts role fishing, or alignment fishing for that matter. This is never helpful for town, as a townie it's baseless speculation and as a scum its just fishing for how much information a townie might have.

I don't want to be claimed an "Auto townie" because I think it's only fair everyone keeps their options open. No, I'm not mafia if that's what you're wanting me to say, but I feel that's unnecessary. No one would claim to be mafia after all. And notice how said posty got me attacked now not later? Wouldn't a mafia RATHER be attacked later? I think so.

Basically the same thing, notice on second glance he's listing both people's possible abilities and alignment. What good does that do a town, heck it may even make people become tunnelvisioned if a role claim or name claim comes up. This is classic subtle scum play.

This post was because that is how I start games generally. Not everyone has played FFVII (Ronike for example) and giving him an idea of who could be town or mafia rolewise CAN in fact help. Not to mention the mafia doesn't have a list of every role in the game. It does not help them to name claim. Also, from my experience, nameclaiming usually actually will get you killed faster because it's basically cowering. However I decided not to do it because you guys didn't want to. I'm not going to go against the majority when they say they don't think something's a good idea. Especially when I'm a little green from having not played in a long time. I don't trust all of my decisions because I'm not used to playing with players on par with me or better than me, so I give in pretty easy on not going for ideas. Not to mention lack of time means I can't defend myself until days like today. I'll probably be gone again tomorrow, and you'll see that in effect again.

Mcfox at this point tells him that the speculation is worthless and Blazer responds with:

He backs down from what he was doing VERY quickly here don't you guys think? Seems kind of contradictory with the bolded piece also, he went from listing names and alignments, to "Name claims have hardly ever worked". So what was he setting up? Some townie knowledge bait or just a slight slip?

What was I setting up? I was setting up some knowledge and insight for the people who haven't played the game. Surprisingly not everyone has played FFVII.(Keep it that way, the game honestly isn't that good) You guys say that Mafia could use that stuff to make good nameclaims, but honestly, the odds of some really obscure character getting listed are low, and the odds of the mafia choosing an obscure character to nameclaim as are even worse. It'd make them easier to lynch if anything imo.
Omis responds in kind.

I thought for a moment Blazer had said he hadn't played in a while, interesting, that seems like a contradiction.

Let me make this clear for you Kevin. I haven't played in about 3 months. Before that, I was playing with people who were not that great at the game. That doesn't mean I haven't played a lot. You're pulling at nothing with this point. Good effort though.

Coming from the person who had not even a day ago had said the game officially started he sure seemed awfully fast to drop back into joke votes. Because there is a lot LESS worry to screw up there.

Yep. I make joke votes when the game's serious too. Ronike and maybe someone else (I can't remember who else used to play here when I did)will tell you of mine and Camo-man's feuding throughout like 4-5 mafia games. I would honestly have joke voted the guy at the most intense times if I could just to lighten moods. It's something I do. And notice, I did unvote Omni pretty quickly, it was a joke vote.

Really odd statement here considering BLAZER WAS THE SECOND VOTE ON A USELESS BANDWAGON. Very curious that a blatant contradiction of play went unnoticed.

Ummm... After two or three joke votes are on someone, things

Just filler post about game mechanics, great things to have about scum, makes you appear active and knowledgeable but at the same time you're not doing anything. Also how do you win as mafia with joking wagons? Day 1 is the only time that should happen, either the mafia games your playing are terrible or you're just trying to dismiss the fact you could be scum by talking so casually of your scum play.

Have I not said in like 3 of my posts I'm posting to stay active partially? What do you not understand about this? Also, I missed the part where discussing game mechanics was evil. Someone needs to send me these memos V_V.

More pointless filler, oddly enough it was in response to a serious vote from Mcfox. He quoted it, and then decided to only post about the Cloud he thought it would be. In the spotlight but mute again?

I'm sorry I don't 24/7 have time to make huge posts like yours to attack, defend, and other such things. I have a life, mafia is not part of it.

This is a huge contradiction within your post. You do the casual I don't think lynching Chaco is a good idea he's entitled to his opinion and it seems normal. Then the scum nudge of trying to point out his opinion of your joke vote. Again, leaning but not pushing here.

I can't state my opinions on things either. Okay. Will remember that. Note to self: Never speak again Kevin doesn't want you to. Wait. Weren't you just telling me I needed to talk about what's going on more? I gave a little defense to Chaco with that post saying I didn't think he was mafia regardless of him saying I shouldn't unvote a joke vote. This is my way of saying "HEY LOOK! I DON'T THINK HE'S MAFIA"

Admit's he's not familier with SWF Mafia in this post. And then says he doesn't have much to say now that the game is getting serious. Odd you sure did have a lot of subtle pushes when we were all joking around. Afraid to be scrutinized?

I admitted I'm not familiar with SWF mafia nowadays with that post. I did not admit I'm not familiar with SWF mafia. Also, I'm sorry I don't have much to say once again. You seem to have a lot against that. Every time I talk though, you think it's a chance to attack even if I'm making a joke.

Just useless filler posting.

Did you quote every single one of my posts!?! O_O

Has anyone seen a more wishy washy accusation for a lynch?
"You're idea is fantastic.. but its really terrible"
"We should vote him, but I won't vote him"
"I've also never lost as a mafia, just remembered that" Thats funny you've mentioned in once before.

You're whole post tries to nonchalantly bust on my idea without ever putting yourself at a direct opposition of me. Odd, if you think I was scum I would hope you're ready to confront me.

I don't feel like that was really wishywashy. I stated that I thought you were the most likely candidate for a mafia, and was waiting on responses before I decided to vote. Responses that never came V_V.

Doesn't read up fully still tries to SLIGHTLY push suspicion on me but leaves it alone, Odd again he's not doing much but he's still posting. Again says he needs more time to post. After finishing reading through he again says he'll post tomorrow.

Yep. I didn't have time to post anything big, however I'm going for at least a post per day. It was like 10 something here when I made that post I think (I'm not going back to check), so I said I'd post the next day.

He basically just repeats exactly what he said when I was the "prime lynch suspect" but this time I'm just overly aggressive and wouldn't even be worth suspicion from him because he "sees the method" And that's how he played at his peak even though he's talked about all the games he's won and how he's never lost as a mafia.. odd.

I do see your method, it's insane aggression to pressure people, plus little put downs towards others. Get under people's skin. However, I've changed my opinion on this since then. You are not playing how I did. It's similar but not quite the same. I was a little more helpful about it, you're just mean. V_V

Conversation stalling is like losing a plyer. It's the absolute worst thing for a town to have, I can't stress that enough. Look at Newbie Mafia and see what it did to us on D3. A bad player can join a mafia player on a vote to You know that.

Stalling<<<<<<<Losing a townie. Losing a townie is a full loss of a number, which means the mafia is one step closer to a win. Conversation that's stalled can be picked back up, can reach a deadline and then restart the next day, etc.

yet again he can't join in discussion because he has to leave. He tries to slowly seep the info that I'm not infallible and yet again says that I'm a terrible townie by copping out but never voting for me.

Actually, if you read that post, I'm here today, and joining in the discussion. And yep, I do believe you're a cop out. "LET'S KILL A WEAK PERSON DAY 1 GUYS! THEY PROBABLY ARE A TOWNIE BUT IT DOESN"T MATTER! WHO NEEDS TO THINK ABOUT WHO TO LYNCH!?! LET'S MAKE THE DAY 2 TEAM STRONGER! WE DON'T NEED TO KILLZ A MAFIAZ TILL THEN!" You're costing us a day with that logic. And yes, that was oversimplification of your thinking, but it's pretty much what you've told us to do. Every day, and every townie matters.

The reason he attacked again was of course Chaco doing it first allowing him to blend seemlessly in agian with his subtle jabs.

I feel this is CERTAINLY enough to warrent Blazer as our D1 lynch.

Vote: Blazer
Oh boy oh boy. I've got a huge post to reply to! If you'd picked a different day this week, I'd have just let you lynch me, but today I intend to make at least some small attempt at saving myself from your horrible plans and accusations. Aggressiveness towards players who haven't played much or have been out of the game for a while, so unfair you've been this game Kevin.

I don't know how to go about splitting your post into parts so I'll just have to respond in bold within the quote. If anyone wants to tell me how to respond to split a post up, I'd appreciate for next time this happens. (Yes, I've been out of smashboards mafia that long. My other site didn't have the option)

I'm not gonna bother making a huge case about you yet. I'll get to that later. It took me like an hour to type all that. Also, I'm sure you are going to go after the fact that I'm once again unable or unwilling to talk right now. But really, I don't have the motivation right now.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Eh, it feels like you're reaching a bit Kev. I'm against the role fishing but it seems like every game we call someone out on it and everytime they end of town. As stupid as rolefishing may be it usually ends up being a townie trying to piece the game together , even if it's not the best way. I don't really see mafia doing this.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Rockin said:
Again, it's too powerful for something like Tom to allow.
I don't agree, considering that it has only a single use, that prevents it from being overpowered, I'd say.

Blazer said:
I don't feel like that was really wishywashy. I stated that I thought you were the most likely candidate for a mafia, and was waiting on responses before I decided to vote. Responses that never came V_V.
So in other words, you wanted the focus on Kevin, but didn't really want to be the one to put it there?

Blazer said:
Stalling<<<<<<<Losing a townie. Losing a townie is a full loss of a number, which means the mafia is one step closer to a win. Conversation that's stalled can be picked back up, can reach a deadline and then restart the next day, etc.
I've got to disagree. One thing is almost guaranteed in a game of mafia: Townies are going to die. It's almost completely unavoidable.

But you know something that is unavoidable? Stalling. Constant chatter means more likelihood that we won't lose Townies, because it'd be (theoretically) easier to catch the mafia, if they're forced to talk a lot.

Blazer said:
I'm not gonna bother making a huge case about you yet. I'll get to that later.
This is what I find most distressing. You basically promised us an OMGUS post. Do you actually think Kevin is the mafia, and thus, that's why you're going to make a case about him? Or do you just want to counter him because you're afraid he's going to get you lynched? If it's the second, that is a horrible strategy. Even if you are a Townie and Kev is pressuring you, it doesn't help anything to make a case against him if you think he's a Townie too.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Eh, it feels like you're reaching a bit Kev. I'm against the role fishing but it seems like every game we call someone out on it and everytime they end of town. As stupid as rolefishing may be it usually ends up being a townie trying to piece the game together , even if it's not the best way. I don't really see mafia doing this.
Role fishing was the tiniest piece of my argument.. Did you skim it?

Because you said I'm reaching and then only brought up one small point in an entire attack.

If you have something going on more then that PLEASE oh please bring more to the table. You're saying I'm reaching but never quite make any other opinion about the ENTIRE argument. Come on chill baby.

Also, I'm only going to address a few of your points Blazer since it hasn't done ANYTHING to alleviate my thoughts of you.

1. At one point in your giant wall of "defense" you tell me to ask Ronike how you used to play.. I played when you used to play, I know your style of play. Also you say you will joke vote at times to "lighten the mood" that's incredibly irritating as it goes further on because a vote is a powerful tool to scum hunt with, something that oddly enough you've only used in passing as a joke.

2. "I don't feel like that was really wishywashy. I stated that I thought you were the most likely candidate for a mafia, and was waiting on responses before I decided to vote. Responses that never came V_V."

... Basically the entire point of what I was saying is that this is a common scum tactic and you admitted it and tried to YET again weakly twist it on me. You then say you don't think I'm scum on numerous occasions but you're going to try and build a "case" against me. This is all REALLY REALLY contradictory play.

3. "Have I not said in like 3 of my posts I'm posting to stay active partially? What do you not understand about this? Also, I missed the part where discussing game mechanics was evil. Someone needs to send me these memos V_V."

It's not evil but again you're not defending yourself you're just playing yourself off as the victim. You were posting to stay active yet not actively say anything about the game.

4."Actually, if you read that post, I'm here today, and joining in the discussion. And yep, I do believe you're a cop out. "LET'S KILL A WEAK PERSON DAY 1 GUYS! THEY PROBABLY ARE A TOWNIE BUT IT DOESN"T MATTER! WHO NEEDS TO THINK ABOUT WHO TO LYNCH!?! LET'S MAKE THE DAY 2 TEAM STRONGER! WE DON'T NEED TO KILLZ A MAFIAZ TILL THEN!" You're costing us a day with that logic. And yes, that was oversimplification of your thinking, but it's pretty much what you've told us to do. Every day, and every townie matters."

I still actively look for scum, it's easier to crack a weak scum with my method on D1. It works, you're oversimplification makes it look like I'm looking for a townie. Honestly SWF on D1 sucks because no one tries to force a discussion to catch Scum. Again you're logic here is to try and pick apart my methods without putting up an active resistance. It's a very scummy tactic and you're playing a terrible townie game.

my vote stands.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah, Vote: Blazer. I don't like the promise of an OMGUS. He keeps saying Kev is mafia, and has yet to actually say why, beyond Kev's tactic. Which, okay, disagree with the tactic, but just because you disagree with it doesn't make Kev mafia. I can personally see why Kev plays how he plays.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
“Here is where I was... I mean, ...this is my hometown. My tribe were protectors of those who appreciate this beautiful canyon and the Planet. My brave mother fought and died here, but my cowardly father left her... I am the last of my race.”

10th vote count:
Blazer (2): KevinM, McFox
Junglefever (1): Marshy
Omni (1): Ronike
KevinM (1): Chaco
Riddle (1): Mentosman
Ronike (1): Omni

Not voting (8): Rockin, Blazer, Riddle, Junglefever, Handorin, Frozenflame, Chill, Omis

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for midnight (12:01 AM) EST on September 11.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Blazer, I don't like the outlook of saying "I'd just let you lynch me." What kind of play is that?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oh and pre-deadline to the deadline? So like on Wednesday.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Blazer, I don't like the outlook of saying "I'd just let you lynch me." What kind of play is that?
The kind that says I realized I don't have time for this game xD.

Tom, can you replace me? It's pretty obvious to see I really don't have time to make big posts as I've said that the entire game. I didn't realize I'd get this bogged down with stuff to do.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Im not liking Blazer. Aside from the points brought up against him, his responses where full of apathy and Appeals to Emotion. After the Warlord bull**** I pains me to see someone playing like that. Man up and defend yourself Blazer

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The kind that says I realized I don't have time for this game xD.

Tom, can you replace me? It's pretty obvious to see I really don't have time to make big posts as I've said that the entire game. I didn't realize I'd get this bogged down with stuff to do.
I will contact the replacement list!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Alright, I'll take his place.

So I have to read back like ... 20 pages 0_o

Holy eff...

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Oh boy, just what kind of argument did this guy drag himself into ... *facepalm*

I'm sorry guys, but I don't know what's going on in his head so I can't tell myself what thoughts he put behind his posts...

Chaco

Never Logs In
When ya get in a bout replace out, eh? I don't like it.

And replacements don't get clean slates so try to make sense of his posts.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm dead serious if we don't lynch Gheb I'm going to be RIP****.

This is stupid we're not going to get any info and at this point it will just muddle the game and make it harder to read.

Lynch him based off of Blazer's obvious scumtells.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
“Who is it!? ...Never seen you before. You must leave.”

“You were having a nightmare.”

“Hmph... a nightmare...? My long sleep has given me time to atone.”

“What are you saying?”

“I have nothing to say to strangers. Get out. This mansion is the beginning of your nightmare.”

“...you can say that again.”

“Hmm? What do you know?”

“Like you said, this mansion is the beginning of a nightmare. No, it's not a dream, it's for real. Sephiroth has lost his mind. He found the secrets hidden in this mansion...”

“Sephiroth!? You know Sephiroth? So Sephiroth knows he was created five years ago? And about the Jenova Project? ...He was missing, but has just recently reappeared. He has taken many lives and is seeking the Promised Land.”

“Now it's your turn.”

“Sorry... I cannot speak. Hearing your stories has added upon me yet another sin. More nightmares shall come to me now, more than I previously had. Now... please leave.”

“Who are you? At least tell us your name.”

“I was with... the Shinra Manufacturing Department in Administrative Research, otherwise known as-- the Turks... Vincent.”

“The Turks!?”

“Formerly of the Turks. I have no affiliation with Shinra now. ...And you?”

“Cloud, formerly of SOLDIER.”

“You were also with Shinra...? Then do you know Lucrecia?”

“Who?”

“...Lucrecia. The woman who gave birth to Sephiroth.”

“...gave birth...? Wasn't Jenova Sephiroth's mother?”

“That isn't completely wrong, but just a theory. He was born from a beautiful lady. That lady was Lucrecia. She was an assistant to Professor Gast of the Jenova Project. Beautiful Lucrecia. There was no way to cancel the experiment. I couldn't stop her. That was my sin. I let the one I loved, the one I respected most, face the worst.”

“That why you started sleepin' in a box? Gimme a break!”

“Let me sleep... Wait! If I go with you I meet Hojo?”

“Dunno. But we're after him and Sephiroth. So, I guess sooner or later...”

“Lucrecia... All right. I've decide to go with you. Being a former Turk, I may be of help to you.”

11th vote count:
Gheb (2): KevinM, McFox

Not voting (8): Rockin, Blazer, Riddle, Junglefever, Handorin, Frozenflame, Chill, Omis

Frozenflame has been prodded.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Role fishing was the tiniest piece of my argument.. Did you skim it?

Because you said I'm reaching and then only brought up one small point in an entire attack.
No I didn't skim. I haven't had access to a computer in about a week, hence my lack of involvment and my short reply to your wall of suspicion. I wasn't at a computer so I couldn't go to in depth.

With that said, I didn't really find anything that you said to be that compelling. That's a little expected given that it's Day 1 but I want to have a clearer idea who to vote for.

Plus, I'd rather see the accused defend himself. There's no real reason for me to step in when I have no idea which side the two of you are playing for. Still, that was just one thing that I felt like responding due as it recently came up in StarFox mafia.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm dead serious if we don't lynch Gheb I'm going to be RIP****.
wtf are you talking about? There were only two votes against Blazer. If you really expect me to get lynched so surely then you might be a little hasty :ohwell:

Also, can't we please extend the deadline? It's really unfair to me because I have like half the time to argue my case for somebody, who had all the time in the world to drag me into this...

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
There's 5 days til deadline hits and you are only one more vote than the next guy(s) and two more than everyone in the whole game from being lynched... I think your case will be okay. :] If there is a great majority feeling that the deadline should be extended only due to replacements then I will extend it a day or two.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I think Omni isnt clear and isnt allowed to throw around claims like that. Elaborate more.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8293111&postcount=239
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8293610&postcount=244

Omni is very clear and is allowed to throw around claims like that because he has already elaborated.

Plus the guy's a big fat inactive. 5 posts, with only 1 real post and a horrible response post? Coast much?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Plus the guy's a big fat inactive. 5 posts, with only 1 real post and a horrible response post?
He announced a couple of times that he'll have some activity issues due to school.

That said his attempts to "cover" Hando are somewhat strange even though Hando doesn't seem to act stranger than the other players. Don't quote me on that though, I still have to re-read a couple of times to get into the current situation. But for now Ronike at least seems to be FoS worthy...

I also try to come up with some kind of explanation on Blazers blatant contradictions...even though I probably won't be able to undertand everything =/

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright so, I was catching up and before even continuing on to the page 8, I was beginning to see all the tells that blazer was giving add up. Bad vibes from him combined with some *** backward reasoning (stalling being better than having a well discussed yet potentially wrong lynch? Really? WTF?!) made me ready to consider bringing his behavior up for debate.

Then I clicked page 8.

Brofist @ KevMo.

This mother****er is too good. He quotes my oldschool **** and then take the words straight out of my mouth about Blazer. I basically agree with everything KevMo just said.

Vote: Blazer (or Gheb now?) for now. I will be back later tonight with my own commentary on Blazer/Gheb and what Kev has brought to the forefront.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Johns: I dropped my laptop today and my harddrive is broken or fried or whatever now. So basically Im going to have limited computer access for a while. Im going to try to stay active on various other comps but it is going to be difficult. If you feel this results in the game slowing down or becoming worse feel free to replace me. Sorry.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Gah, I hate when players in the heat drop out.

/obligatory post since I was out of town
/tired

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
“She told me to 'Be strong'. I feel so happy. Owwww... What happened? I can protect the Planet too! I'm kinda embarrassed... There's plenty of stuffed toys like my body around, but there's only one me! Don't forget me even if another Cait Sith comes along. Good bye, then! I guess I'm off to save the Planet...”

12th vote count:
Gheb (3): KevinM, McFox, Frozenflame

Not voting (7): Rockin, Blazer, Riddle, Junglefever, Handorin, Chill, Omis

Junglefever, Marshy, Rockin, Riddle have been prodded. That is ridiculous.

Ronike is V/LA

Riddle

Smash Lord
I'm sorry guys. I check this thread every day I just felt like there wasn't anything I could contribute. I'll try to make some more posts.

You're so mean Tom :(.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Okay, time to start. Well, first I'm going to bring up is Kevin.

Kevin, in all honesty, has contributed near nothing. I'm not saying I have because I've been busy. However, the "Let's name claim" "Let's train" does not really help us at all. I've already explained that your plan is nonsensical, and I stand by it. You are merely hindering the town because, what I assume you mean, D1 isn't playable? You said that you can't pressure and there are no night actions. So pretty much a train will end the day, you will gain no information, and then you will be back to your ****ty plan again. It won't work. Building a stronger team is good and all, but you know what team is best? The one without scum on it. So killing off townies to suit your whim is just scummy as all get out. Whether it's your play style or not, it doesn't matter, it's a horrible plan. I do not even see why Marshy is going along with it. He should even know that the plan is in bad taste. It makes sense, yes, but is it smart? Not at all. I also do not like his idea of, "Oh if you can defend yourself you won't have to claim" That's hella dumb. Cause when you're gutting them there's almost nothing you can go from. Actually scratch that, your not even gutting. You're just throwing accusations.

Anyways, I don't like the plan. It's not helping us at all. And it's been demanding attention. Needs to stop.
I have to say i disagree. Kevin has provided us with alot of conversation with his votes like this and his constant pressuring of certain players. I think Kevin with the 'let's train your ***' thing is just Kevin attemting to be aggressive/gauging reactions/ actually wanting a stronger team at the end, which is understandable, but i don't think that is his main goal. Kevin has been the main instigator of alot of discussion. But I never know what to think of kevin so :urg:

I have absolutely nothing to say. Blazer pretty much just copped out on us. Gheb, however doesn't get a free ride today. Regardless of whether Blazer is scum or was just being stupid, Gheb can't use screen behind the 'I'm a replacement so it's hard to read me. Give me a day" thing that we saw in like TLI and what not.

I was not fond of Blazer's "one more townie = better town" notion. Or at least that's what i took away from what he was saying. This is not the case at all, as has been explained by previous posts.

Gheb, it'd be really helpful if you could at least provide your own view on why Blazer was saying some of teh radical **** he was saying.

my first prod evar :(

Ronike

Smash Ace
Good news everyone! As I have finally finished my mafia roles, I can start to actually be active in this game! Huzzah! At any rate, unvote: Omni

After sitting on it for a good week, I can no longer say that I feel Omni is scummy enough to potentially warrant losing a power role that is akin to a super doc. Especially not with scum like Blazer running around. However, I am inclined to give Gheb a chance to talk for a little bit, so for now I let you off with a FOS: Gheb

Oh and Omni, over the course of the past week, I wrote a combined total of 8000 words for the roles of my game, plus read through and did the homework for two entire chapters of calculus and chemistry, did Spanish a half hour every night, drove my siblings around including a two hour drive once, and still managed to make 5 or so posts here and keep relatively up to date on whats going on in the tread. I post as much as I can and I don't appreciate you calling me a big fat inactive.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I post as much as I can and I don't appreciate you calling me a big fat inactive.
How about a cute lil' inactive? :lick:

unvote: Ronike

I don't trust anything leads Kevin may have smoked out. In complete offense to Kevin but not to be taken personally, he has an ability to grill and twist responses to come off as scummy although those same responses could be twisted to come off as town as well. Considering I know I'm 100% town, I can't be too confident in this Gheb bandwagon.

Can someone summarize to me why they believe Gheb is scummy? I don't see it at the moment.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
We just aren't letting Gheb off the hook for Blazer's statements. Blazer's play was very scummy, I don't know how you don't see that. If our suspicions are indeed correct, then Gheb by default would be scum. Right now, Gheb should give his reasons on why he htinks Blazer acted the way he did, then we can talk about Gheb from there. But right now, Gheb shoulders the responsibility of Blazer's previous play. It sucks, but it's what happens.

Handorin

Smash Hero
You need to read Blazers posts to understand it.

That isn't enough to say. You have insight to the role. You can try and reason what he might be thinking and try and clear up some things about you/him. Putting it off will only make it worse.

Vote: Gheb

Top Bottom