• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I added him on Facebook ^^
And Tim ^^
And Meno ^^
And, if he accepts, the other Dave ^^
And Douglas J. Falcon added me. No joke. He actually comments on my page sometimes, (It's really NinjaConker)

AtrixWolfe

Smash Rookie
Question of opinion: on Brawl in the hands of player like Izaw is Link a character that can win international tourneys on a consistent basis or is the current known Link strategies insufficient for the sake of consistency? Is this a silly question? If Jesus grew up in a northern climate would some still call sandles Jerusalem cruisers?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
^
lol at second question

At first: No. I'm 100% sure I would **** Izaw with my Tink. Izaw isn't even the best Link. It's kinda considered Legan right now, but it could be Deva or ArkiveZero (<3 Deva the most). Izaw didn't even place well in that one Lion tourney in Europe, and come on...it's freaking Europe.

No joke, the only characters that win the biggest tournaments: Snake, MK, Diddy

After them, smaller ones can be one by Warios, Falcos, Marfs, and a lot of other high tiers.

Link will NOT win in tournaments of a real Caliber.

Also, how far is FC from Longmont?

Dekar173

Justice Man
Question of opinion: on Brawl in the hands of player like Izaw is Link a character that can win international tourneys on a consistent basis or is the current known Link strategies insufficient for the sake of consistency? Is this a silly question? If Jesus grew up in a northern climate would some still call sandles Jerusalem cruisers?
Link can win tournaments in Australia, maybe. They're WAYYYY behind in the metagame, but then again it's not their fault, their scene just isn't as large as the American scene >.>

In other words, against good opponents, no. No one could win tournaments with Link if their opponents know what they're doing (read: are good).

He's a character that's a LOT like Ness- his recovery is so limited, and his technical aspects are so... not there =( that he just can't keep up with all of the other characters that have so many options.

In low-tier tourneys on the other hand... :) He definitely has a shot there ;P

AtrixWolfe

Smash Rookie
^
lol at second question

At first: No. I'm 100% sure I would **** Izaw with my Tink. Izaw isn't even the best Link. It's kinda considered Legan right now, but it could be Deva or ArkiveZero (<3 Deva the most). Izaw didn't even place well in that one Lion tourney in Europe, and come on...it's freaking Europe.

No joke, the only characters that win the biggest tournaments: Snake, MK, Diddy

After them, smaller ones can be one by Warios, Falcos, Marfs, and a lot of other high tiers.

Link will NOT win in tournaments of a real Caliber.

Thanks, great to know :) And 51mins according to gmaps :D You, me and the two FC guys here should meet, greet and whoop *** at some point in the near future. I want to buy a bigscreen TV this month, if I do we can like celebrate :D

Link can win tournaments in Australia, maybe. They're WAYYYY behind in the metagame, but then again it's not their fault, their scene just isn't as large as the American scene >.>

In other words, against good opponents, no. No one could win tournaments with Link if their opponents know what they're doing (read: are good).

He's a character that's a LOT like Ness- his recovery is so limited, and his technical aspects are so... not there =( that he just can't keep up with all of the other characters that have so many options.

In low-tier tourneys on the other hand... :) He definitely has a shot there ;P
I see ;) I might try to join a save brawl link forum then rofl. Maybe we can discover something out of love for our favorite rpg hero. Stranger things happen.

I should be practicing my pikachu and DDD as an alt pic for tourney though I suupose.. thank you for the answer guys :D word

T

talarq

Will do next I sign on! (Probably tomorrow :) I need practice against Noel players who are goo d :D (I.e. not spamming drive techs). I have a replay I can share of a Noel who totally ***** my face. Talking 15 hit combos all I can do is cry. The second round wasn't so bad... but I lost as well. If you learn their combo, I will reserve a spot for you as a deity. I am getting to the point with Taokaka where it is only the negligible end damage of a combo I fluster on or have yet to learn.
I sub Ragna and fail miserably as I haven't done training much with him yet.
I can show you most of Noel's weaknesses, especially for drive spammy ones. It's really just block the 2D and punish, her drive is easy to counter if it doesn't connect. For Ragna, block a drive and DP ftw.

^

40-45 min if you take 287(Main St.) all the way. I-25 is about the same time because it's a longer distance and you can drive fast.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
They're two days late, but here's some quick shout outs.

Dave - You're too good at this game. ALMOST got 1st in teams, but 2nd ain't bad. It was awesome teaming with you. The 9 on Sinz was amazing.

DTL - So it's obvious my Diddy is best against you. If I hadn't accidentally up-b'd instead of side-b'd, I would have beaten you. SO. CLOSE. Oh well. I got 9th place, and that's what I shoot for.

Bees - It was really awesome talking to you for like, that whole hour AFTER the tourney. I gotta learn to beat the R.O.B. and not have my nades asploded by lazars. And to stop getting grabbed by your Kirby. >_>

Underload - FOOTBALL IS NOT MORE IMPORTANT THEN ME YOU SONUVA *****. Oh, and teach me hao 2 raep with Diddy plzkthx.

I'll get to the out of state people later. Anyone else is boring and did nothing special. Or are Meno and I can't think of anything other than "lol nice peach."

Zaj, I see you are a taokaka fan, you got BlazBlue for the PS3? Add me as a friend and we can online together. I will show you the true power.
Zaj has the 360 version of BB. Although if he wanted to, he could get another copy for his ps3...
Yup. I COULD get it for ps3, but a stick comes before that. >_>

Also, I found this weird, tiny blue backpack in my basement today. Who wants it for $5?
You dummy, that's the backpack I lost the first time I ever came to your place.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
So, due to my plans and absolutely no one else, I'll hold smashfest at my house sunday. 1048 Josephine St #C, Denver CO 80206. Dunno time yet

And zaj is gonna buy the backpack for $10? sweet!

Rizen

Smash Legend
I see ;) I might try to join a save brawl link forum then rofl. Maybe we can discover something out of love for our favorite rpg hero. Stranger things happen.
I wrote this guide some time ago:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247074

Link has tons of potential but powershielding stops 98% of it, sadly. Link's grab sucks and most characters can shield almost every imaginable AT and counter before Link can act. :urg:

Link is great in free-for-alls, the Subspace game, and good in team battles. But as far as tournaments go, he's too d*** laggy.

kmgamer

Smash Apprentice
dtl you do money matches in melee? ive been looking for a way to get some extra cash. Let me know if u wanna do it. Ill play doc mario with 5 stock and u can have 10 stock.
Forget money matches Victor. We're gettin some of those bomb lofthouse cookies and you're about to get ***** in a cookie match son. Falco ditto? Marth ditto? Its been 2 long lol

Edit:

So ****ing delicious!

TheKratos

Smash Rookie
Hey fellas me and my roommate are wondering if there are still any good melee smashers in fort collins and if/when there will be a tourny here.

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
k so no school the rest of the day and no work, lets get smash going gogogoogogogogo

This

Monday or Tuesday? Part 2: Tuesday
Anyone up for smashing sometime tomorrow?

People confirmed so far: BlueMycon, Magus

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Hey fellas me and my roommate are wondering if there are still any good melee smashers in fort collins and if/when there will be a tourny here.
most of the melee players are located in aurora/denver area. Don't think there will be a local melee tournament anytime soon but when there is a brawl tournament/smashfest, there is usually melee on the side.

oh yeah i might show up today, whose house is it at

AtrixWolfe

Smash Rookie
I can show you most of Noel's weaknesses, especially for drive spammy ones. It's really just block the 2D and punish, her drive is easy to counter if it doesn't connect. For Ragna, block a drive and DP ftw.

40-45 min if you take 287(Main St.) all the way. I-25 is about the same time because it's a longer distance and you can drive fast.
With Tao, I usually just use drive to get out of range, then if they are nubby enough to keep attacking I wait for it and 6c them which begins a combo of doom.

I agree, it is about not letting it connect. Instablock may help as well.

Yup. I COULD get it for ps3, but a stick comes before that. >_>
That's what she said.

I wrote this guide some time ago:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247074

Link has tons of potential but powershielding stops 98% of it, sadly. Link's grab sucks and most characters can shield almost every imaginable AT and counter before Link can act. :urg:

Link is great in free-for-alls, the Subspace game, and good in team battles. But as far as tournaments go, he's too d*** laggy.
Thanks Mes :) I will take a gander at reading it, might provide ideas :D It look slike there is a ton of work in it. Doesn't power shielding work against almost any char though? It is a zero latency block, iirc. And bounces items to the sender. Seems to me that mind games are needed to prevent an extremely good char from countering your moves no matter your char :)

Forget money matches Victor. We're gettin some of those bomb lofthouse cookies and you're about to get ***** in a cookie match son. Falco ditto? Marth ditto? Its been 2 long lol

Edit:

So ****ing delicious!
Want.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Thanks to all that came out and participated. This is the first results for the new season so keep practicing and get your plancing and points up. This event definitly had some exciting things happen:

-First women in Cutthroat / Colorado history to make it to a final in a fighting game i.e. Carbon
-First final for up and coming Blazblue Player i.e. Z
-Utah players came from the depths of snow to make a big impact at Cutthroat event

We were only able to get vids for some of the games but we will rolling out some new goodies by our next event in November as well as some live action feed from the gatherings.

Let's keep it going people!! We will be having a lot of promotional events and gatherings coming up this month so keep checking the site for all the information!!

Below are the results:

Smash Bros Brawl Singles:

1: ___X____
2: ken neth
3: Fluxus
4: Dave!
5: Rade
5: Sinz
7: Lvl~0
7: DTL
9: Lanky-Gunner
9: Meno
9: Yaz
9: Zajice
13: Gamree
13: FishBait73
13: Z
13: Munch
17: Niles
17: Magus
17: r3d d09
17: -serve-
17: tsizzinc
17: TK7
17: Aisu
17: Bess
25: l46kok
25: em_ay_ar
25: EggStar
25: Demonic Toon Link
25: mstirts
25: JCVD
25: levoska
25: DOP

Soul Calibur 4:

1st - DancingFighterG
2nd: Carbon
3rd: Egg
4th: Knox
5th: Alfredo
6th: TravisZ
7th: Gutts
8th: MajerNatebot

HALO 3 (2 v 2):

1: final boss (cold hearted soviet)
2: Phaded Monkeys (revo ledger)
3: frostbite (chemical ghost pedo style)
4: the jolly rangers (cratos shrek)
5: Original Cut (NewDaysEnd inferno)
6: the new threat (bojanglez d3th)

Smash Bros. Brawl Teams:

1: TL;DR (Demonic Toon Link)
2: Shut up and sleep with me (Dave! + Zajice)
3: Seven Inch Soft (Bees + Flux)
4: Ceiling on the floor (Niles + E)
5: NK88 (l46kok + tsizzinc)
6: Seppuku (Aisu + levoska)

BlazBlue:

1st - Izzy
2nd - Z
3rd - Recon
4th - McMoney
5th - TravisZ

kmgamer

Smash Apprentice
I'm up there every once in a while at CSU. I'm definately a melee only player maybe i'll hit you up next time i'm in FoCo

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I'm still mad I got put out of winners first match. Watching the replays, my Tink was ****** him, I SD'd, I regained to lead, then I played like ****.

My MK was kinda sucking, but I got the heavy lead in the end. I made a dumb mistake and ate a tipper near the edge...

Flux should put up my MMs nao...pl0x?

Top Bottom