• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Vs.

Current Match-Up:
OLIMAR & PIKMIN Vs. THE AURA BEAST

Lucario Vs. Olimar

:lucario: Vs. :Olimar:

Losers Round 1, Match 9.

Edit: Final match-up for this round btw.

UncleSam

Smash Master
9.) Lucario Vs. Olimar

Page(s) This Was Discussed: 384, 385

Summarized Reason: Lucario used Earthquake. It was super effective!
Foe Olimar fainted. Lucario gained 549 exp.
lol I can't believe you put that.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Are Peach and Zelda in winners round?
Yes, they are.

There's a odd number of characters to do match-ups, so I had to exclude one (which is Jigglypuff), but I'm sure no one gives a **** about her. lol She's bottom tier anyways.

@Sam: Didn't know what else to write :p

justaway12

Smash Master
Why not Zelda/Peach vs Jigglypuff? :p

I'm pretty sure G&W is bottom since he didn't do anything, why not exclude him?
I was going to say Ganondorf I thought he was god tier, but apperantly, people want Samus vs. Ganon.

And besides Jigglypuffs ~*Pink*~ she can't be all bad :p

Or have a 3 for all?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
7.) Diddy Kong Vs. Wario -1 Diddy. +1 Wario.

Page(s) This Was Discussed: 375, 382

Summarized Reason: Diddy Kong could literally trick Wario into eating an Orange bomb.
Raizen, found a little mistake in the OP. You gave Diddy -1 and Wario +1. :p

Why are you excluding Jigglypuff? O_O We'd better exclude R.O.B or something, cause he really can't do anything.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Why not Zelda/Peach vs Jigglypuff? :p

I'm pretty sure G&W is bottom since he didn't do anything, why not exclude him?
I was going to say Ganondorf I thought he was god tier, but apperantly, people want Samus vs. Ganon.

And besides Jigglypuffs ~*Pink*~ she can't be all bad :p

Or have a 3 for all?
Zelda & Peach are two characters, so there would have still been one out.

By bottom tier, I meant low on the list.

@Diddy: I'll fix that, and what I said above. Their spots on the tier list is not that big of a difference, besides I could give her an extra match during the end.

justaway12

Smash Master
Why not G&W? R.O.B has Mario Kart, despite it being a spin-off, it's R.O.Bs only playable game :p
and Olimar does command an army of 100(?)

Or have seperate Poke battles.

She might be low, but not that low :p

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
ROUND 2 (Winners)

VS.

Current Match-Up:
THE DESTRUCTIVE ROBOT Vs. THE PHYSIC CHILD

Samus Vs. Lucas

:Samus: Vs. :lucas:

Round 2, Match 1.

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +2:

Wins +1:

, , ,
, :toonlink:, :younglinkmelee:, :dedede:

Neutral:

, ,

Loss -1:

:jigglypuff:

Loss -2:

, ,
, :rob:, :gw:,

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Don't know much about either character, but wasn't there something said about Samus power shielding all of Lucas' attack?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm playing Mother 3 right now so I can give a little info about Lucas I think.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Lets see... Counter should inflict damage on Samus whenever she hits Lucas, since it works on lasers and such. It also bypasses defenses when reflecting damage, so it should hit Samus even when she's Screw Attacking, and maybe Speed Boosting.

New Year's Eve Bomb will reduce Samus to 1 HP, but Samus is a very fast opponent when Speed Boosting and also invincible, so Lucas would have to wait for a time when Samus isn't Speed Boosting. Plus, Samus could always sacrifice some ammunition to heal herself with Crystal Flash. I don't know if there's a specific limit to how many NYE bombs Lucas can hold or not.

Lucas has a lot of items to heal himself with, and has 7 items that auto-revive him in a similar manner to Link's fairies.

This would be an extremely hard matchup for Lucas. He's got some good things in this matchup, but unless someone else knows a bit more about Lucas that they can share, Samus will probably win this.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Samus most likely will win this yeah, Lucas, unlike Ness isn't as well build to take hits. His defence and HP are much lower than Ness'.

Counter would be pretty good here, but the thing is that Lucas will take equal damage. Counter truely isn't as good as it sounds.

New Years Eve Bomb is pretty dangerous yeah. But exactly how much damage does the Crystal Flash heal? Also, what is this Crystal Flash? Are there vids?

EDIT: Oh, and Lucas probably can't afford to use his best attack, PK Love Omega on Samus cause he'll need his PP for healing. Cause Lucas will get hit A LOT in this match up.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Counter also lowers the amount of damage Lucas takes from attacks (with enemies receiving the same amount, of course)
Crystal Flash fully heals Samus. A Video of it shouldn't be too hard to pull up on Youtube. There's also one in the demo video found in Super Metroid, which I'm about to take a look at.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Exactly how many times can she do the Crystal Flash? Seeing as Lucas will probably get 5 NYE Bombs and 7 Mementos.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Another question worth asking is how likely is it Lucas will hit with NYE bombs. Samus can use Crystal Flash 5 times, iirc, and she'll be using her reserve tanks at least once. Not to mention, Samus will be taking every opportunity she can to take potshots at Lucas.

I don't know. It's a pretty even match-up. I'd like to say Samus, because of her higher resilience, and better offensive options, but then I don't know enough about Lucas.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Lucas would probably get more NYE bombs than that, they are buyable. Idk how many items he can carry though.

Pk Love, unlike pk rockin, doesn't have a miss rate so if there is any time she isn't invincible Lucas is asploding her.

Lucas can also use a shield killer, but IDK if that would work against Samus' invincibility or w/e.

I don't know Lucas' max stats. If somebody who has more time could find out that be awesome.

Lucas' pk flash isn't as effective as Ness'. Here are the chances of things happening: 60% cry, 15% paralyze, 10% strange, 10% lethal damage, 5% nothing happens

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Here's just some information for now. It's an overview of Samus. I'll wait for PowerBomb's assistance.

1. Introduction

Samus Aran was orphaned at the age of three on an earth colony called K-2L. When she was found by the Chozo, she was taken to planet Zebes, integrated with Chozo DNA, and was trained in the art of war. [1] With her years of training and the Chozo DNA running through her body, this has made her a super athlete and a hybrid. When Samus grew up, she was given a Chozo Battle Suit called the Power Suit. It's called such, because it's a powered armorsuit. This increased Samus' strength and defense. [2] The Arm Cannon was placed at Samus' right arm, covering her forearm and hand. It has a built-in standard beam weapon called the Power Beam. The Power Beam has the highest rate of fire. The speed has been shown here. Skip to 0:26 if you aren't there.

In Samus' helmet, there is a built-in HUD (Heads-Up Display), which gives Samus a map, radar, targeting reticle, a threat assessment to tell her when there is danger. The closer the danger, the higher up the threat assessment goes. Samus also has at the top center the amount of Energy Tanks her suit is holding, and at the right side, she has a Missile count. In the back, the suit has thrusters, probably to allow her to jump higher, especially when she has the Hi-Jump Boots equipped, which allows her to jump double the height of her normal jump. The Power Suit is enveloped in a force field that protects Samus, just as long as there is energy. The more Energy Tanks Samus has, the more she can take damage before her suit ceases to function.

The Power Suit has been shown to resist the elements with the use of certain upgrades, such as acid, extreme temperatures, magma, Fuel Gel, blue Phazon, the poisonous atmosphere of Dark Aether, as well as dark matter. In regard to magma, I use the word "magma" instead of lava, because magma is under the earth, and Norfair and Magmoor Caverns are located under the earth of their respective planets. Magma is called lava when it surfaces, and magma is also hotter than lava. Lava can get up to 2,200 F, whereas magma can get up to about 2,372 F, but magma of komatiite composition can get up to 2,912 F. [3] With the Gravity Suit, Samus has shown no hindrance against the viscosity of magma. The higher the viscosity, the slower something moves. So, that Samus can pass through magma without any hindrance is quite amazing.

Because the Power Suit is modular in nature, it has shown no limit to what can be acquired. Samus has acquired various types of alien technology, such as Luminoth (Dark and Light Beam; Dark and Light Suit), Space Pirate (Hazard Shield; Nova Beam), and even Federation technology (PED Suit). Her suit has also shown capabilities to acquiring organic materials, such as Phazon, a semi-sentient mutagen, both as a suit and a beam weapon. She was given a Metroid vaccine, which altered her DNA, as well as the appearance of her Power Suit, making it the Fusion Suit. She has even acquired X parasites to restore her latent abilities. Her suit seems to be limitless on what it can acquire.

The Arm Cannon is Samus' main offensive tool. She has acquired various weapons from her missions, such as the Long, Charge, Ice, Wave, Spazer, Wide, Dark, Light, Annihilator, Nova, Plasma, Phazon, and Hyper Beam. All have been used for various missions. Along with these, she has acquired ballistics like the Missile, Super Missile, Ice Missile, Diffusion Missile, Bomb, and Power Bomb. She has even acquired strange weapons like the Volt Driver, Battlehammer, Magmaul, Shock Coil, Judicator, and the Imperialist. She has also acquired different types of armor upgrades. I will ignore the Phazon Beam, Hyper Beam, and Omega Cannon, since I think those are weapons that can only be used against the final boss. Here's what Samus has acquired throughout her missions.

2. Beam Weapons

2. 1 Power Beam: This is Samus' standard beam weapon. It has the highest rate of fire.

2. 2 Long Beam: This upgrade increases the range the beams can be fired.

2. 3 Wide Beam: The Wide Beam acts similar to the Spazer Beam. The difference is that if one beam from the Spazer hits a target, the other two disappear. With the Wide Beam, if, say for example, the bottom part of the beam hit an enemy, the middle and top part would continue flying unless there was another enemy.

2. 4 Charge Beam: This allows Samus to charge up her beams, releasing a super powerful blast.

2. 5 Ice Beam: Samus can freeze her enemies temporarily. When the enemy is encased in ice, Samus can fire a Missile or a fully charged beam to shatter her enemy. It is very effective against heat-based creatures.

2. 6 Wave Beam: This is called the Wave Beam for two reasons. 1. It moves in a wavy pattern. 2. It fires energy waves. [4][5] The Wave Beam can pass through solid ceilings, walls, and ground. [4]

2. 7 Spazer Beam: The Spazer Beam widens the range of the beam. This might be a laser, because it was called Spazer Laser Beam in Metroid 2: Return of Samus. [6] If this is the case, then the rate of fire would be even faster than the Power Beam.

2. 8 Plasma Beam: This is the strongest beam weapon in Samus' arsenal. It fires a stream of plasma, and is capable of destroying multiple enemies at once. Because plasma is being used, the temperature is extremely hot, and it can engulf enemies, even evaporating them in seconds. I have gone with 54,000 F for the heat, because that's how hot lightning is, [7] and because plasma really doesn't have a particular heat range. For example, supercooled plasma can reach as low as 0.1 mK or lower. [8] As shown in the games, however, the Plasma Beam is extremely hot. This is very effective against cold-based creatures.

2. 9 Dark Beam: This beam weapon fires dark energy. [9] When charged, it can entangle the enemy in hardened dark matter. The enemy can be shattered with a Missile or a fully charged beam. It is very effective against light-based creatures.

2. 10 Light Beam: Like the Plasma Beam, the Light Beam engulfs Samus' enemies in fire. White, dazzling fire is 2,730 F. [10] However, because the Light Beam is made of light energy, [9] we might want to look at the temperature for white color. The reason why color temperature is used here to figure out what range of temperature the Light Beam is, is because if you try to find the temperature of light, you'll only be brought to color temperature. Pure white light is 5,000 K (8,540 F), based off of color temperature. [11] When charged up, it fires the Lightblast, which acts like a shotgun.

2. 11 Annihilator Beam: With the Annihilator Beam upgrade, the Light and Dark Beam can be used simultaneously. Its homing function is very high. When charged, it is called the Disruptor, which does not home in on enemies, but has a high blast radius and is capable of stunning enemies. It has been thought by some that the Light and Dark Beam act like matter and anti-matter during this time, which, if the two were combined together, would annihilate each other. There are two reasons for this. First, the beam is called "Annihilator." Second, the Lightbringer is said to be vulnerable only to matter and anti-matter combined attacks, and it is possible to destroy the Lightbringer with the Annihilator Beam. This, however, is a glitch.

2. 12 Nova Beam: The Nova Beam fires a high-frequency beam. It is useful against material called Phazite. When the Nova Beam is used in conjunction with the X-Ray Visor, a weak spot can be located, which makes the battle easier.

2. 13 Volt Driver: The Volt Driver draws its power from the planetary electromagnetic field and converts it into a multi-terrawatt burst of high voltage. It has the second fastest rate of fire, the Power Beam being the first. Because it draws its power from the planets electromagnetic field, it may increase or decrease in power, depending on how strong the planet's electromagnetic field Samus is on.

2. 14 Battlehammer: The Battlehammer appears to be fired in an arc manner. It cannot be charged, and the explosion has a small blast radius.

2. 15 Magmaul: This weapon fires superheated magma, which can reach around to 2,372 F, but magma of komatiite composition can get up to 2,912 F. [3] This weapon seems to act as a grenade, and like the Battlehammer, is thrown in an arc manner and slides across the ground. In other words, it is lobbed like a grenade. It takes three seconds for the Magmaul projectile to explode. When it is charged, it produces much more damage, and the blast radius is significantly greater.

2. 16 Shock Coil: The Shock Coil was a GF prototype weapon under development, but the project was shut down, because it was too dangerous. It works similarly to the Wavebuster in Metroid Prime.

2. 17 Judicator: The Judicator is a supercooled plasma weapon. It is capable of ricocheting off of walls. When charged, it fires three shots.

2. 18 Imperialist: This is the first time Samus ever is given a weapon that acts like a sniper rifle. With the Imperialist, Samus is able to zoom in and fire a thin, lethal laser beam with high accuracy over long distances. Instant kills are possible if they are headshots. Since it is a laser, and since a laser is simply an acronym for light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation, the Imperialist should be able to fire at the speed of light, or 186,282 miles per second, if not faster, since it is amplified. One laser went 300 times the speed of light. [12] That's 55,884,600 miles per second. We will leave it at 186,282 miles per second, since that's already fast enough.

3. Ballistics

3. 1 Missile: Missiles are Samus' standard ballistic weapons.

3. 2 Super Missile: These types of missiles are much stronger than the standard Missile.

3. 3 Seeker Missile: The Seeker Missile allows Samus to fire five missiles at once.

3. 4 Ice Missile: The Ice Missile is like the Ice Beam, in that it freezes enemies, as well as hot liquids like Fuel Gel.

3. 5 Diffusion Missile: The Diffusion Missile is the first kind of missile upgrade that can be charged. It has a high blast radius when fully charged, freezing everything in its path.

3. 6 Bomb: Bombs do some damage against enemies, but the range is small. It is also useful for breaking down rock walls or metal plates. Samus was able to use a type of cluster bomb by charging up her Charge Beam and then using the Morph Ball, which dropped five Bombs total.

3. 7 Power Bomb: The Power Bomb is a devastating explosive, which has a very high blast radius. It'll usually do two hits within one explosion.

4. Charge Combos

4. 1 Super Missile: Because there wasn't an option to choose between a Missile and Super Missile, the Super Missile works as a Charge Combo in the Metroid Prime trilogy. It takes five missiles to use.

4. 2 Wavebuster: The Wavebuster is a constant flow of electric energy. It has a homing effect, and once the enemy is hit, it is paralyzed and cannot do anything until Samus ceases to use the Wavebuster, or until the enemy is killed.

4. 3 Ice Spreader: The Ice Spreader freezes everything in its path in a layer of ice.

4. 4 Flamethrower: This weapon fires a short-ranged stream of fire like any ordinary flamethrower. [13]

4. 5 Darkburst:
The Darkburst is a slow moving projectile, which has high damage. It draws Samus' enemies into a "dark dimension."

4. 6 Sunburst: This charge combo is also slow in movement, but it has high damage. If it hits a surface or enemy, it will explode, incinerating all who are nearby. And enemies who are not killed immediately are enveloped in flames from the light energy, which then kills them.

4. 7 Sonic Boom: The Sonic Boom is a devastating charge combo. It moves so fast, that it will instantly appear next to the enemy, tearing a rift in space, which severely damages any enemies nearby.

5. Visors

5. 1 Combat Visor: The Combat Visor is Samus' default visor. It has a built-in map, radar, targeting reticle, threat assessment, Energy and Missile count. It also displays the other visors and beam weapons.

5. 2 Scan Visor: This is used to gather information, whether concerning missions or battles. This gives Samus the upper hand against her opponents.

5. 3 Themal Visor/Infrared Ray Scope: The Infrared Ray Scope predates the Thermal Visor, which allowed Samus to see, even in the dark. [14] With the Thermal Visor, Samus is capable of detecting body heat and anything that gives off heat signatures. It is also useful when vision is hindered.

5. 4 X-Ray Visor/X-Ray Scope: The X-Ray Scope and X-Ray Visor serve the same purpose: revealing hidden or invisible objects and creatures.

5. 5 Dark Visor: With the Dark Visor, Samus is able to see interdimensional objects and entities that would otherwise be invisible to the naked eye. It also allows Samus to remain targeted on creatures like the Ing, even when they turn amorphous.

5. 6 Echo Visor: The Echo Visor allows Samus to see sound. It is also useful against invisible opponents, since sound waves are given off.

5. 7 Command Visor: The Command Visor allows Samus to command her Gunship to fire Gunship Missiles or Bombs, as well as use the Ship Grapple to move heavy objects from one place to another. This can be originally seen, even in Metroid Prime when Samus is escaping the explosion after defeating Metroid Prime.

6. Suits

6. 1 Energy Tank: Energy Tanks are what keep Samus' powered armor functioning. Once all the Energy Tanks are gone, Samus loses her Power Suit. The more Energy Tanks Samus has, the longer she can survive.

6. a Crystal Flash: As a last resort when there aren't any Energy Stations or her Starship to restore her Energy Tanks, Samus can perform the Crystal Flash, which converts 10 Missiles, 10 Super Missiles, and 10 Power Bombs into energy. Samus must set a Power Bomb before she can perform the Crystal Flash, which makes the use of Power Bombs actually 11. This completely restores all of Samus' Energy Tanks. As long as Samus has 10 Missiles, 10 Super Missiles, and 11 Power Bombs, she can use this. However, this can only be used when she only has 49 Energy Units left.​

6. 2 Reserve Tanks: In Super Metroid, Samus collects a total of 4 Reserve Tanks. They can be set manually or automatically. If automatic, once Samus' Power Suit reaches 0, her suit uses the Reserve Tanks as back-up.

6. 3 Power Suit: The Power Suit is a powered armorsuit that assists and protect Samus. It allows her to survive underwater and outer space. The suit is outfitted with an Arm Cannon on the right, and the standard beam weapon is the Power Beam, which has the highest rate of fire. Samus' strength is also increased. [2] Because it is modular in nature, the Power Suit can acquire a variety of weapons, armor, and other upgrades, both Chozo technology, as well as a variety of other technology, ranging from the Luminoth, Space Pirates, and Galactic Federation. It is capable of acquiring organic upgrades as well like Phazon or X parasites who care upgrades.

6. 4 Barrier/Varia Suit: This is additional armor, which reduces enemy damage by half. In Metroid 2: Return of Samus, the Varia Suit increased Samus' speed, and in various other Metroid games, the Varia Suit has been used to enter extremely hot locations like Norfair, Magmoor, and PYR. In Metroid Fusion, the Varia Suit was used to enter the extremely cold ARC, while Metroid: Zero Mission, Samus was capable of entering acid without taking damage.

6. 5 Gravity Suit: The Gravity Suit allows Samus to move freely in liquids and improves visibility underwater. Samus is also resistant to magma. Damage from enemies is reduced to one fourth.

6. a Gravity Boost: In Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, the Gravity Boost works in the same way the Gravity Suit did in Metroid Prime. One additional feature to the Gravity Boost is that Samus is able to do a third jump underwater, which allows her to float momentarily.​

6. 6 Dark Suit: The Dark Suit was created by the Luminoth. It gives Samus the appearance of a Luminoth. This armor reduces damage by one fifth against enemy attack, while the poisonous atmosphere of Dark Aether is reduced to four fifths.

6. 7 Light Suit: The Light Suit is a combination of Chozo and Luminoth technology. It was created by the Luminoth, and contains the Light of Aether, which nullifies the corrosive damage and poisonous atmosphere of Dark Aether. Damage is reduced by three fourths. It also allows Samus to ride the Light Shafts.

6. 8 Hazard Shield: The Hazard Shield is Space Pirate technology, which is found on the Pirate Homeworld. With this, Samus is resistant against acid rain, Fuel Gel, and blue Phazon. It may also protect her from a variety of other hazards as well.

6. 9 Fusion Suit: The appearance of the Fusion Suit is the result of the Metroid vaccine, as Adam states that the vaccine changed Samus' physical appearance. Only her suit has had a radical change. Unlike her bulky appearance in the past, the Fusion Suit is much sleeker, allowing Samus to move faster. However, this has make the armor less resistant than before against damage, and because the Metroid DNA is in Samus, she cannot tolerate the freezing effects of ice as before, unless she has the Varia Suit.

6. 10 X Suit: The X Suit dramatically increases the defense of Samus' powered armor. When, for example, she was hit by the Omega Metroid, her energy was reduced to 1 Energy Unit. With the X Suit, one swipe from the Omega Metroid only removes 1 Energy Tank from Samus. It is perhaps the most resilient suit upgrade of all the upgrades.

7. Boots

7. 1 Hi-Jump Boots: These allow Samus to jump tremendously high.

7. 2 Space Jump: With the Space Jump, Samus can "fly" continously in the air.

7. 3 Speed Booster: With the Speed Booster, Samus is invincible, [15] and she is able to run at supersonic speeds. [16][17]

8. Morph Ball Mode

8. 1 Morph Ball: This allows Samus to turn into a sphere, pass through tight spots, and evade enemy fire.

8. 2 Boost Ball: The Boost Ball allows Samus to increase speed. It is used to activate Spinners, and it can knock over enemies.

8. 3 Spider Ball: The Spider Ball allows Samus to stick onto surfaces. In the Metroid Prime trilogy, the Spider Ball used magnetism to remain on magnet rails.

8. 4 Spring Ball: The Spring Ball allows Samus to jump while in Morph Ball mode. This is very useful, especially when Samus wants to "bomb jump."

9. Miscellaneous

9. 1 Screw Attack: The Screw Attack is a movement system that turns Samus' Power Suit into a weapon. It appears to discharge electricity and is capable of destroying enemies on contact.

9. 2 Power Grip: The Power Grip allows Samus to grab onto ledges. Might it also increase her grip strength?

9. 3 Grapple Beam: The Grapple Beam increases Samus' maneuveability.

9. a Grapple Lasso: The Grapple Lasso is an upgrade to the Grapple Beam. It allows the Grapple Beam to rip objects off walls, or jet packs or shields from enemies, and even protective armor off Aurora Unit 313.​

9. b Grapple Swing: The Grapple Swing allows Samus to swing on the Grapple Points.​

9 c. Grapple Voltage: With the Grapple Voltage, Samus can siphon energy or give it to objects or enemies. Enemies can be overloaded with energy, which kills them, or they can be drained of energy, which restores Samus' Energy Tanks.​

Bibliography

1. Metroid Prime Instruction Booklet, p. 8
2. Metroid Prime Instruction Booklet, p. 16
3. How Hot is Magma?
4. Metroid Instruction Booklet, p. 23.
5. Metroid: Zero Mission Instruction Booklet, p. 25.
6. Metroid 2: Return of Samus, p. 22
7. Weather and Climate - How Hot is Lightning?
8. Wikipedia - Plasma (Physics) Ultracold Plasma
9. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Luminoth Lore, New Weapons.
10. A Book of Steam for Engineers, The Stirling Company, 1905
11. HID Color Chart
12. Laser Smashes Light-Speed Record
13. The flamethrower here was homemade. It went 14 meters, or 46 feet. Military flamethrowers may go further.
14. Metroid 2: Return of Samus, p. 14
15. Super Metroid Instruction Booklet, p. 24
16. Metroid: Zero Mission Instruction Booklet, p. 26
17 Metroid Fusion Instruction Booklet, p. 30

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I know Lucas has lower HP than Ness and no guts.

Uh, what else? Dang, I haven't played Mother 3 in ages. Some of his PSI techniques DO have lag on them. Lucas is also more susceptible to status than Ness. Lucas is also very slow... pain in the *** when playing Mother 3 >_<

Ness is more of an attacker while Lucas is kinda like a cleric.

There's three things Samus can do to Lucas if he isn't wearing a certain item.

Freeze him
Paralyze him
Burn him

Electricity, fire, and ice all do INSANE damage to Lucas in the games unless he has a specific item guarding against them.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Yeah, Samus can use Crystal Flash way too many times for Lucas I think. Though Lucas' rolling HP meter would pose a real problem for Samus if she just spammed away at him, which would result in Samus taking a lot of unnecessary damage if Lucas has Counter up.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I need to point something out here. I'm not a fan of this HP stuff, as many of you know, so the rolling health meters means nothing to me. A lot of you know why. It's the kind of BS that really gets us nowhere, and still no one has come up with a solution. It's a game mechanic. However, even if there is HP involved, the damage taken while the health is refilling will stop to the amount of HP Lucas would have when his health stopped rolling. I will give an example.

• Lucas has 72 HP.
  • Lucas uses some ability, I don't know, that restores 258 HP.
  • Lucas takes 14 damage.
  • Instead of healing to 330 HP, Lucas instead heals to 316 HP.

I know nothing about the EarthBound series, so really, I need to know these kinds of things if I am going to participate in this. How many items can Lucas wear? What PSI abilities does he have? What does he have at his disposal? How much damage do these things cause? Things like that. Otherwise, this can be just one of the most slow moving match-ups I've ever witnessed. If you must, make something like I did.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
One thing got me wondering though, which might be real important.
If Lucas dies, and he gets revived with a Memento, does this also restore his PP?
Or only HP?

Might be pretty important, seeing as if Lucas can use PSI all over again Samus eventually will die. PK Love is pretyt powerful.

Top Bottom