• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SC -- SC, Where You Been!? -- Date: 3/13/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Singles—

1: Devin ($40.00) — Marth
2: ARS ($10.00) — Falcon
3: Khai ($5.00) — D3/TL
4: Bo! — Snake
5: Pie! — DK/Zelda
5: Kale. — D3
7: Kackamee — IC
7: Chris — Ganondorf
9: Billy — Snake
9: 0megaZ — Lucario
9: AZ% — Diddy
9: Snapple — Wario

Doubles—

1: Devin + Bo! (Devin + Bo) ($35.00)
2: Phat Kamp (Snapple + Kale) ($15.00)
3: Pie! + ARS (Pie! + ARS)
4: Khai + Chris (Khai + Chris)
5: ????? (Billy + Leon)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
clearly what i meant -,-

ars is good, but falcon isn't

if you're losing it's because you're not thinking

simple as that

i just want you guys to get better.

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
fighting his falcon is a long waiting game.. until you eventually get killed at 160 percent with a back air.. he doesnt make bad decisions

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i mean if you're at 160% you know he wants that kill move in. falcon has very limited approach options...so if you just think of all the ways he can kill you safely you know how to beat it right?

if you're going to go at him, falcon's defensive options aren't great either...i mean thats why he's F Tier.

thinking about things in new ways is how you improve @.@

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
its a classic case of a good person playing a bad character.. all he needs is one decent killing move.. and falcon isnt so ****ed that he doesnt have one.. its possible to win with anyone that has one at least decent killing move

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
and also.. this guy has amazing DI and he will be waiting a long time for you to **** up and get back aired..

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yeah adam is a great player, that's how he does such amazing things with falcon

and yeah, it's possible for any character to win. but should he win? he can do things with falcon that aren't really guaranteed but they work anyway because you leave yourself open to them. and thats what you have to think about during the match...because honestly the only way a falcon can ever approach is straight through the air, and when in the air a character loses nearly all of their defensive options...so when a character HAS to make such a commitment in order to even deal damage, with proper thinking, you really should be able to just...not get hit.

but none of us are perfect so we all get hit sometimes. and if you're not thinking about it as deeply as adam is, its very easy to just be outplayed...but at the end of the day, it's still falcon and he's still a bad character with almost no safe options. so, just think :D

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if falcon puts himself in a position where he is advantageous there is something you could've done to avoid it. with every character. (except ganon maybe idk) that's why he's bottom tier.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I HATE Adam's falcon, rather fight his snake..

I don't care who says what, i'd rather fight his snake

And honestly, the way Adam plays falcon makes me feel he has a MU advantage over sonic, regardless of how he himself may feel. Better kill options, more of them, and can harass the **** out of sonic in the air...

it really is who gets in the grove, but still

Good **** Adam/Devin :)_

Lareit

Smash Ace
Appreciate it Justin

For the record(and devin will groan about this) I won winners 3 to 1

The true story
i play'd Khai and Bo SC's 3 and 4 power ranking wise
Devin play'd no one high up. So I forced him to lose to me in winners to play khai to see if he earned anything. He said Only if I beat him once in the set and only if I then allowed him first. I beat him first match. He beat khai, going to the last match of 5. I didn't care, i mostly wanted to watch him play Khai. Screw placement and money.

Came back, I beat him 2 of the next 3 and lost the final 2 . He finally learned how I had changed to adjust to his spacing. And it was beginning to get ugly.

So if we include the first match then I won the first set, bwahahaha.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Appreciate it Justin

For the record(and devin will groan about this) I won winners 3 to 1

The true story
i play'd Khai and Bo SC's 3 and 4 power ranking wise
Devin play'd no one high up. So I forced him to lose to me in winners to play khai to see if he earned anything. He said Only if I beat him once in the set and only if I then allowed him first. I beat him first match. He beat khai, going to the last match of 5. I didn't care, i mostly wanted to watch him play Khai. Screw placement and money.

Came back, I beat him 2 of the next 3 and lost the final 2 . He finally learned how I had changed to adjust to his spacing. And it was beginning to get ugly.

So if we include the first match then I won the first set, bwahahaha.
Lulz :p

I do look forward to playin u guys again...

I hear diff times of when i get a few days off b4 heading out. If i have nothing better to do, i can have a weekend where i come down for a tourney or smashfest (which u will ALL attend dammit...) and u guys may see me b4 i leave

Smash freakin sux hear. I have really only been playing melee

But im glad to say i got it all back- im not contending with PP by any means, but my C Falc and Young link can combo like no one's business, and i can wavedash/L cancel and all that jazz again, so i can actually do a melee tourney again

I want a touney so bad now... :/

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I'm going on a 24/7 IC practice setion for one week. Anytime I get a chance, I'll be working on my IC's in some sort of fashion. I wish yuo guys could see how I play at home, it's atleast 3 times as good as in tourneys.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Get rid of ur jitters and learn 2 adapt* u'll do a lot better in tournies kack

And stop rolling so much... especially to approach

Who did billy play/ how did he place? Has he gotten better?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Get rid of ur jitters and learn 2 adapt* u'll do a lot better in tournies kack

And stop rolling so much... especially to approach

Who did billy play/ how did he place? Has he gotten better?
I guess. Thing is, I don't even do that kinda stuff when I play at home. I feel like I should be able to be doing ALOT better then I do.

Billy played everyone, he's still indecisive. He didn't place well. And he has gotten better but he still has along way to go. O:

Lopez1118

Smash Cadet
I'm going on a 24/7 IC practice setion for one week. Anytime I get a chance, I'll be working on my IC's in some sort of fashion. I wish yuo guys could see how I play at home, it's atleast 3 times as good as in tourneys.
I think your IC is bad *** kack, get that chain down and u'll have it made.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
nobody is having ****ing fun

not without Thunder.
^

this times 9,000.00
The two above statements are SERIOUSLY agreed!

(except ganon maybe idk)
True, Ganon really is THAT bad...period. lol

I wish you guys could see how I play at home, it's atleast 3 times as good as in tourneys.
I don't doubt it

I HATE Adam's falcon, rather fight his snake..

Good **** Adam/Devin :)_
Who, doesn't? lol

I know, just trying to cheer Kack up.
Thats cool people, we looks out for our players :chuckle: Good ****

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Lucario is going to place better....PERIOD.....

I'm going straight Lucario ~ Every Tourney, All Tourney!

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
learn a real character. if you need the infinite to win your not doing it right.
I can atleast get close matches without chaingrabbing with Devin and Adam and Bo and Khai and everyone else, if I could get it right I'd do SOOOo much better. Also I don't even desynch right at tourneys, I feel like I'm playing so slow when I don't desynch. It's like I'm playing one character instead of 2 in 1. It's a bad feeling.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I can atleast get close matches without chaingrabbing with Devin and Adam and Bo and Khai and everyone else, if I could get it right I'd do SOOOo much better. Also I don't even desynch right at tourneys, I feel like I'm playing so slow when I don't desynch. It's like I'm playing one character instead of 2 in 1. It's a bad feeling.
everyone plays one character.

one character.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
^^

Or run. I ran. I ran a lot. A whole lot. I got 3rd , though. I guess I didn't run enough.

Shout outs a coming later.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I don't think it'd be close.
Marth is one of those characters I really should hardly grab anyway. But last time Devin and I played, it was fairly close, and I did mess up my CG's alot more often then not. But I did see him play today, and it was pretty scary. I don't think I'd do good if we were to have played yesterday.
agreed. not with devin tipper f smashing nana on the ledge and adam down throw into up air'ing splitting you.

and marth is only one character...

and if i remember correctly...i think captain falcon is too.
I know how to play Adam's Falcon. I've been beaten by it too many times now. It's those stupid mixup ariels he does. It's still close when I play IC's (like last hit, over 120% close), but I'll play Kirby against his Falcon anyway. Then he goes Snake and camps my IC's like no one else has. Pretty much, almost running out the clock.

Overall Devin and Adam will always beat me as it is right now, but I'm good enough to give them a challenge.

Me and Khai traded hits O: He Bair'd, I blizzarded....Lol.

everyone plays one character.

one character.
I shouldn't be.

lol you guys are being gay.. all you have to do is seperate nana and popo and no more chaingrab
I'll be all liek "Can't let you do that, Starfox"

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Throw the next 1 between December 19th and Janurary 4th if u can. I will be down in S.C for the holidays and would love to play some smash with you guys. My brother will come as well. So thats 2 more entree fees to fatten you pot :D and i love the MK ban. Thats hawt.

-Cura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom