• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ART with Yo' Powah 3!!!(Contest closed! Results on December 6th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
AISH YERS LOOKS SO PRETTY!!
I knew it woulddd!!
I will get my "WIP" pictures up when i have time. Tech week for stage crew at my school.
We're in the building until they kick us out everynight. Dx

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Now, aish, I know those two images you first gave us wasn't the original size, but I'd like to see it in the original size.

Why? Well, I work with Photoshop, but whenever I draw then scan, my lines look ugly as hell and not what i want them to be. I want to know if you remedied that, since you mentioned something called lineart. I just wanna know if those lines were the original drawing, or you edited it.

I hope this isn't a bad place to post the question.

aish

Smash Journeyman
Nopee perfectly fine :3 I used to have real ugly lines but I've gotten much more comfortable with my tablet in the last few months. I won't be uploading the full image but here's part of it.

http://zearyu.deviantart.com/art/Our-world-some-of-the-linear-143965405

I'll be deleting that in a few days as I don't like leaving out a full res of my drawings in public and photobucket doesn't upload that big xD

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So what your saying is you're using a tablet?

See I draw and scan my works. I think I get it now. So in order for me to get the same effect with my lines, I would have to go get a Tablet. I been wondering why I couldn't get the same effect, no matter how hard I tried.

You really cleared up alot for me. I think I know what I want for the Holidays.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I did honestly want to enter this one, as I had an interesting idea, but I been so drowned in school work, I haven't found the time.

Maybe next time. Definitely next time. :laugh:

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Visioned Melody

Hia! This is my first entry into any artistic competition ever...

My perfect world is simple and heard. It is organized, yet not uniform. Music is everywhere, and is the voice of the world around us. Share in the implied sound of the photo! ;)

Process:
I photoshopped 4 pictures of me playing my four favorite instruments together in a little basement. I did this by taking 4 photos with a timed camera and tripod. After a bit layering and erasing(tedious task), this was created. I made the pianist my base picture and added in the rest, with the guitarist in the front. Music is my world :S

Proof: http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._196495794364_696534364_4036254_7319010_n.jpg

Frown

poekmon
Perfect consciousness

There is so much going on, and I only get to see a tiny fraction of it. My perfect world is a world where I can behold everything.

Process:

I made sure to take the photo at noon to get as much light as possible from the window. Then I had the camera focus on the curtain so that the light from the window would appear as completely white. I edited the white out and added a screenshot from Google Earth.

I had a desk lamp and the sunlight lamp (that was just gathering dust in the basement) to get some good light from behind. Turned out pretty well if you ask me. http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7100/wip2.jpg

Oh, and the proof: http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/916/proofsy.jpg

Mewter

Smash Master
WOAH! Art With Your Power 3? And the deadline is today!? I'm entering this!

Mewter

Smash Master
I will make this epic!!one!1!1!1one!o!11!1 :mad:
By the way, I'm liking the ones above.

Edit:
[Picture will go here when completed]
[WIP's will go here]

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hm...I got called to go film for a musical...I dunno if I can finish! :mad:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Frown, that picture looks real nice. The lighting and composition is **** nice. It's giving off the thought that you spent quite some time on it. Which makes me wonder why the image in the window was something you got off of Google . . . And to me, that image seems just a tad off from the rest of the picture. I don't know why, it just feel like it to me.

But your picture did strike me as something that I would see in a children's fairy tail book. It's got that feel to it. I like it a whole lot.

aish

Smash Journeyman
I think it's because the earth looks very bumpy, I would suggest a more smooth lookin earth if you wanted to change it xD. The one with the multiple instruments is neat too :D a friend of mine does things like that too, wondered how they stuck them so well together because even his cloud like hair fits right in above his multiple selves xD

Mewter

Smash Master
All done! My camera isn't very good, and I didn't have a tablet this time, so... yeah. :)

What it is supposed to be a a "greener" earth set in a futuristic setting (viewed from a commercial spacecraft), where humankind has built a commercially possible moon city, of which the moon itself has water and grass growing around those areas (not to mention an atmosphere). Trees are not uncommon on both Earth and the moon.

Where are all the people, you ask? They all live underground in artificial conditions, but can come up whenever they please (and they do often!) to play, enjoy their day, participate in sports, etc. The town square is right at the fountain, in front of the launch building.

On the nearest continent (left to right) are energy producing machines (complete with fusion reactor), town square (with people), park, launch pad, and the perfect government (hey, lay off! I know it's a contradiction :)) and a forest. The white things over the ocean are clouds.

So yeah. Words to make up for the lack of capture quality and loss of detail. :)

WIPs:
http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr236/Ihsorak/scan001001.jpg
http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr236/Ihsorak/Picture0003.jpg
*Drawn using pencil and colored using colored pencil*

Frown

poekmon
Frown, that picture looks real nice. The lighting and composition is **** nice. It's giving off the thought that you spent quite some time on it. Which makes me wonder why the image in the window was something you got off of Google . . . And to me, that image seems just a tad off from the rest of the picture. I don't know why, it just feel like it to me.

But your picture did strike me as something that I would see in a children's fairy tail book. It's got that feel to it. I like it a whole lot.
Actually, this was supposed to be my entry:
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/7893/frownentry.jpg

But then I realized NASA owned the picture.

You know, it's pretty difficult to take a photography from space.

Edit: I just realized the other one consists of pictures taken by lots of other people.

Well, this was impossible to make I guess :urg:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Actually, frown, I was thinking drawing the world in the window would have worked just as well. That was just me, though.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Stupied interferences and terrible tie management.

I had two pieces I was working on. One was a world of ice, and the other was a strip of land based off of a Journey theme. At the end of the expanse was a stop sign that said "Don't STOP Believin'"

It was baller.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Shoot, it would appear I have missed the boat. Next time, Gadget!

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I'll start the thread as soon as I have the first part of the worm, which will be today or in the next 24 hours :p

Lol, I thought this was another thread <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom