• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i've played most of the good pikachus, and really the matchup isnt even close to as difficult as marth, peach, or ice climbers, all of which are generally considered evenish matchups
i bet mogwai would beat you in a pika falcon mm

anyway i would prefer a million times over to go against marth peach or ic's
those character's are way more common then pika, maybe ic's not as much but still

pikachu is gay and he can tail spike falcon

so you get chaingrabbed to the edge >backthrow> dead at like 30

and the thing is pika can chaingrab on dreamland too, and on bf and on most stages at least for a little while

her grab range might be crap but your probably gonna be stuck in your shield waiting to get up-air and your gonna get grabbed and *****

idk, i think its def not even

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
i bet mogwai would beat you in a pika falcon mm

anyway i would prefer a million times over to go against marth peach or ic's
those character's are way more common then pika, maybe ic's not as much but still

pikachu is gay and he can tail spike falcon

so you get chaingrabbed to the edge >backthrow> dead at like 30

and the thing is pika can chaingrab on dreamland too, and on bf and on most stages at least for a little while

her grab range might be crap but your probably gonna be stuck in your shield waiting to get up-air and your gonna get grabbed and *****

idk, i think its def not even
god**** it. Pikachu's manly as ****, you and Eggm need to stop thinking he's a girl :laugh:.

j00t

Smash Champion
wow Scar.. I hate your thread soooo much.

so the general consensus here is that Captain Falcon goes even w/ pikachu?!

-_-
The general consensus apparently is that Pikachu has the advantage, which is clearly a mistake.

Only BigD/Scar/anyone that matters thinks it is in Falcon's favor. :p

Scar

#HarveyDent
wow Scar.. I hate your thread soooo much.

so the general consensus here is that Captain Falcon goes even w/ pikachu?!

-_-
falcon vs pikachu is probably like 20/80

so yeah falcon does relatively well vs pikachu, prob the same ratio vs like ganon doc mario link etc

falcon marth/peach/ICs is like 10/90

falcon jiggs/fox/falco/sheik is like 5/95

all the other low tiers that falcon does really well against are like 30/70 disadvantage

dittos are his best matchup except if you appraoch, in which case its like 0/100

falcon samus is prob 70/30 falcon though. samus ****in sucks

Nakamaru

Smash Master
If you stay on the ground and DD well. It doesnt seem like Pika has that great of an advantage. You just can't be overly aggressive just because he is low tier. Just do the whole feint aggression thing.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
falcon vs pika is really weird
the way I see it is it's super close. uthrow->knee allows falcon to kill pika pretty reliably, and falcon can do a good job of staying out of pika's useless grab range. falcon also gets range + priority over most of pikas moves
but pika has a huge advantage in ledge guarding and gimping
the way I see it is the first hit wins this matchup
but maybe some better falcons have a different summary
uthrow knee doesn't work ever if they DI away

and whoever said dthrow knee works, you're wrong too lol that **** doesn't work either if they DI away.

edgeguarding pikachu is nothing like edgeguarding sheik since he can land further onto the stage or be tricky and sweet spot like AXE TRICKINGLY DOES ALL THE TIME

also, almost all of pikachu's animations go under falcon's grab. (the start of his jump, his landing, missed-l cancel bair, dsmash, MAYBE crouch? and some others). Since falcon combos off his grabs but has a hard time grabbing pikachu, he can't just be all combo happy like people say he should be :-/

matchup is NOT in falcon's favor, all you *****s need to play Axe because he ***** that matchup

AXE 09

Smash Master
LOL! i put it on there when i first started brawl ^^ i've always been too lazy to erase it haha

and SV is my hometown, son! screw tucson or phoenix

<3 the fever =)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
uthrow knee doesn't work ever if they DI away

and whoever said dthrow knee works, you're wrong too lol that **** doesn't work either if they DI away.

edgeguarding pikachu is nothing like edgeguarding sheik since he can land further onto the stage or be tricky and sweet spot like AXE TRICKINGLY DOES ALL THE TIME

also, almost all of pikachu's animations go under falcon's grab. (the start of his jump, his landing, missed-l cancel bair, dsmash, MAYBE crouch? and some others). Since falcon combos off his grabs but has a hard time grabbing pikachu, he can't just be all combo happy like people say he should be :-/

matchup is NOT in falcon's favor, all you *****s need to play Axe because he ***** that matchup
I dun buy the throws don't lead to knees thing... Whenever a Falcon throws me over like 60, I just get kneed and die :p. What should I try to do to get out? nair and fair trade at best (which is an awful deal), and I can never seem to jump away from it...

Tomacawk

Smash Master
IDK about pika's favor. Are you 100% POSITIVE uthrow knee isn't guaranteed? Samurai has tried every conceivable DI and he never gets out of it
maybe at some %'s it's inescapable? Like on sheik?

AXE 09

Smash Master
if you DI away from falcon, it seems like he can't Uthrow OR Dthrow knee pikachu, based on my experience. maybe GG7 just sux at doing this (which i don't think he does). usually i can either double jump out or do a Uair

this is the same with every falcon i've faught. if i DI away, then can never get me.... maybe i should fight someone like scar and see if my theory is true or not :/

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
I dun buy the throws don't lead to knees thing... Whenever a Falcon throws me over like 60, I just get kneed and die :p. What should I try to do to get out? nair and fair trade at best (which is an awful deal), and I can never seem to jump away from it...
Axe ALWAYS jumps out of my uthrow knee. I think i've landed it on him when he DI'd away only one time EVER IN MY LIFE lol. If they don't DI or DI behind you I'm sure it combos, but good players generally don't miss DI on throws, you know.

dthrow knee if they DI away they can tech before you hit them, i mean yeah falcon can tech chase knee or stomp them but it's not guaranteed technically :-p I think it might combo if they DI off the stage but it's risky since if you miss the knee and they get back to the stage before you, you'll die just like in any other matchup

edit/ lol jeff you beat me to it, but yeah Axe just backs up what I'm saying

I think we need Magus in here again...
yeah for sure LOL. i wouldn't be surprised if he says it doesn't combo on pikachu either, since i ALWAYS thought uthrow knee combos on Sheik if they DI away but he proved me wrong :-p

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yea i played a little pikachu vs my friend's falcon the other day. My pikachu sucks but i can still DI falcon's throws. DI away escapes the knee, but i think they can still uthrow uair at some percents.

AXE 09

Smash Master
haha yeah.... it only seems guaranteed if you Downthrow pika while on a platform or on the side of the stage, when he can't tech

i'm not too sure about Uthrow Uair though, but even if the Uair connects, i don't think he can get another hit after that

j00t

Smash Champion
This thread pains me. /sigh

I give up, I'm going back to the GnW boards. I ****ing know everything about him :x

j00t

Smash Champion
why?

I probably just miss the DI on uthrow, I'll try DI away -> uair in the future.
You *****es are making me second guess myself, but I am almost absolutely sure that dthrow -> knee works on Pikachu at reasonable percents, even if he DI's away. >:[

I'm willing to bet that GG7 is just doing it wrong.

j00t

Smash Champion
i willing to bet you havent played axe

he has

gg
I've played Chad, isn't that good enough?

EDIT: Although I don't go Falcon vs. Chad because he has waaay to much experience in that matchup, thanks to NES n00b.

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
Anybody know what rhymes with Scar

I was gonna put har har or YAR! after I mentioned something about him in my Caption Falcon rhyme(Check out my other ones)

Lol im horrible. I'll proably post my caption falcon rhyme(rap) tomorrow

By the way how do you do a contnious U air combo, I fail....

AXE 09

Smash Master
Anybody know what rhymes with Scar

I was gonna put har har or YAR! after I mentioned something about him in my Caption Falcon rhyme(Check out my other ones)

Lol im horrible. I'll proably post my caption falcon rhyme(rap) tomorrow

By the way how do you do a contnious U air combo, I fail....
Bar?

Jar?

Car?

AXE 09

Smash Master
Axe your sig is seriously way too ****ing cute.

Thats the reason SS missed D-Throw/Up-Throw Knees on you.
lol! thanks man ^^

so i was doing that well because of my sig? shoot, i gotta find a cuter sig fast so i can start beating mango XD

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i think its interesting to point out that for months (years?) in this thread, all the falcon mains have basically said the answer to every matchup was to DD camp, wait for your oppoennt to mess up, and then punish.

Well, just throwing it out there, after watching dozens of vids of Hax from genesis + rom 2, I've realized that hax almost never dash dances.

in fact, he's almost never on the ground at all. Hax plays falcon like jiggs or some ish spacing aerials all over the place till one lands and then lolcombos their balls off.

the funny thing is that i think he mindgames his opponents so bad cuz on the rare occasion he dash dances, it pretty much always lead to a 0-death or close lol

tubes

Smash Ace
i think its interesting to point out that for months (years?) in this thread, all the falcon mains have basically said the answer to every matchup was to DD camp, wait for your oppoennt to mess up, and then punish.

Well, just throwing it out there, after watching dozens of vids of Hax from genesis + rom 2, I've realized that hax almost never dash dances.

in fact, he's almost never on the ground at all. Hax plays falcon like jiggs or some ish spacing aerials all over the place till one lands and then lolcombos their balls off.

the funny thing is that i think he mindgames his opponents so bad cuz on the rare occasion he dash dances, it pretty much always lead to a 0-death or close lol
I'm not sure but I think what Hax is still basically dash dance camping only without making it blatantly obvious.

j00t

Smash Champion
Hax's Falcon is so whack

Just like n00b's was... but god **** they're both soooooo goooooooooooood.

j00t

Smash Champion
Hax double jump camps.
That was the first thing I noticed, he double jumps a lot more than other Falcons I have seen. On paper that could be one of the worst things to do... Falcon losing his second jump is so bad if he gets hit.

But I'm not doubting him, I'm an unknown Falcon in the middle of nowhere for a reason. ;)

Top Bottom