• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Small weekly but fun regardless, so I guess it's time to reveal my 'big announcement'.

Starting January 2nd, the price for each station will be upped to $5 an hour. The reason for this is for inflation of various costs for Jin, consequently requiring an increase in the going rate.

HOWEVER, I have worked out a deal with Jin to get a reduced cost for each station that is under my name. That being said, I am going to keep the rate as it has always been for us since we started going to Netchamp (4$ per hour). The leftover money collected from this rate will be put into a collective pot, and we will hold a tournament once every 4 weeks to determine who wins it (I suppose the prize split will be dependant on the amount we have in the pot). THERE IS A CATCH: you must have contributed at least $10 towards playing at NCBA to be eligible to even enter these tournaments. This is to encourage people to actually attend weeklies rather than compete for the prize alone. Everyone benefits as the better players play for a profit and the worse players get a chance to play the better players more often.

Melee stations contribute to Melee pots and Brawl+ stations to theirs. I will only accept someone paying for someone else if that someone else was present and playing at the time; I don't want to see any stupid scams like "Oh Azen's at home but consider my payment in his name" and then split pots as Azen wins everything.

I can tell you right now that despite having this weekly run on 2 stations we are already on track to having a sizable amount come tourney time.

Now I get to work on the tournament thread...whee...

Kazuhiro

Smash Rookie
I doubt they want us to go to be honest, we're strangers lol.
That's not it. :ohwell:

It's just that I didn't expect people from smashboards and such to come to a fun tournament with items and randomness because you guys play more competitively. Also, where I hosted the tournament was not my house, so I couldn't invite anyone I wanted to.

If it would have be for me, I would've gladly accept people from here coming to my tournament as we were just 15 people and I expected at least 20 people to be there.

Anyway, I plan on doing more fun tournaments like the one I did and now that I know some more people are interested, I'll see what I can do about invinting dudes I don't know.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
That's not it. :ohwell:

It's just that I didn't expect people from smashboards and such to come to a fun tournament with items and randomness because you guys play more competitively. Also, where I hosted the tournament was not my house, so I couldn't invite anyone I wanted to.

If it would have be for me, I would've gladly accept people from here coming to my tournament as we were just 15 people and I expected at least 20 people to be there.

Anyway, I plan on doing more fun tournaments like the one I did and now that I know some more people are interested, I'll see what I can do about invinting dudes I don't know.
Pretty cool, thanks for the notice. Playing with items doesn't really bother me as even with items the better player usually wins. It's just about using the items smartly :)

mongmong

Smash Cadet
Hey guys this Wednesday coming up January 6th at NCBA we will be having a FREE Blazblue day! Now this will not interfere with the Weekly SSB since it will take place on the Xbox 360 stations. Why are we doing this well as stated in the forums at NCBA

http://www.ncbattlearena.com/forums/index.php

there has been chatter of forming a Blazblue community in Montreal so we are giving it a big push to help out by having a Free Blazblue Day. So if you have any friends that play Blazblue let them know about the news. Think of it as a meet and great for a beginning of a new community.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Never thought that single thread I made on the Netchamp forum would turn out this well :3

I told Frr about it, and he'll prolly show up. If not at this one, the next ones after it.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
Hey guys this Wednesday coming up January 6th at NCBA we will be having a FREE Blazblue day! Now this will not interfere with the Weekly SSB since it will take place on the Xbox 360 stations. Why are we doing this well as stated in the forums at NCBA

http://www.ncbattlearena.com/forums/index.php

there has been chatter of forming a Blazblue community in Montreal so we are giving it a big push to help out by having a Free Blazblue Day. So if you have any friends that play Blazblue let them know about the news. Think of it as a meet and great for a beginning of a new community.
FREE? :O I'll show up! XD

Rion

Smash Journeyman
So people better show up for this weekly!

'Cause Rion is coming for his first and last weekly in a while before going back to school this weekand! =(

Couldn't come the last 2 weeks 'cause of family and everything.

But I do miss you guys and Smash! So I'll definitely come on Wednesday. Please please everyone show up~

Needs more Zelda! =)

Steb

Smash Journeyman
@Rion: Just making sure you know its at NetChamp now and not Gamer's World. It would suck if you went to the wrong place for your last week, lol.

I'll be there. I'll be playing BlazBlue too though.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, don't worry. I looked it up so I know it's at Netchamp now. =) I only thing is I thought the time said Noon to 3-PM- haha, not 3-AM-.

The only question I have is, do you guys actually show up at Noon and play 'till 3AM? I don't wanna come so early when no one'll be there.

Is there a general time people start to really show up?

Rion

Smash Journeyman
=) Thanks everyone for the fun time.

Too bad Brawl+ was pretty unpopular today =( oh well~ at least I got some fun matches.

Melee! Why must I be such a failure with you? <_>;

See you all in April!

FaTuik

Smash Journeyman
Nice weekly tonight, j'ai été impressionner du nombre de station de melee .well GG a ceux que jai joué .and good **** pkm , tu étais vraiment bon a soir contrairement a moi No John for me . je me suis redonner confiance sur d'autre monde : /

Reggie tu choke tjrs quand je suis la = (

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Nice weekly tonight, j'ai été impressionner du nombre de station de melee .well GG a ceux que jai joué .and good **** pkm , tu étais vraiment bon a soir contrairement a moi No John for me . je me suis redonner confiance sur d'autre monde : /

Reggie tu choke tjrs quand je suis la = (
Ta mere aussi elle choke un fat one everyday. Pi aussi, confiance ou pas confiance, fait juste jouer le jeu pour le fun, t'as pas besoin de rien prouver de toute facon. C'est pas ca que t'es supposer faire en ce moment. Trouve la raison toi-meme, pi peut-etre un jour tu vas t'ameliorer x10 power level.

FaTuik

Smash Journeyman
Ta mere aussi elle choke un fat one everyday. Pi aussi, confiance ou pas confiance, fait juste jouer le jeu pour le fun, t'as pas besoin de rien prouver de toute facon. C'est pas ca que t'es supposer faire en ce moment. Trouve la raison toi-meme, pi peut-etre un jour tu vas t'ameliorer x10 power level.
ouin je comprend ce que tu veux dire c'est que j'aimerais bien etre constant, je joue beaucoup et je m'améliore meme si je john souvent (surtout pour mes shield) LOL J'suis content de pouvoir jouer 2-3 fois semaine contre jason avec Lambert sa m'aide beaucoup , excepté le top 5 ,jvois personne de meilleur que moi, mais vous etes juste ****ing trop bon je dis tjrs que c'est Surhumain lol.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Fun weekly, thanks for coming.

I'm kind of the only one eligable to enter for a B+ tournament at this point, so I hope you guys don't mind if I take the B+ portion of the extra (which amounted to ~10 bucks) for myself, since I had to pay 10 bucks extra for last week due to undercharging. Besides that, we have a 40 dollar pot so far, with 1 more week to go. If anyone is concerned about their eligibility for the tournament just ask and I'll post the list and how much you'll need.

On a side note, the ******* bus driver decided to go straight from his break spot to his route without bothering to pick me up at the bus stop. I had a nice 60 minute walk home :/.

Top Bottom