• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Project Hub: OP updated 4/28 w/expansion pack and why it is necessary

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I'd like to bring up a relatively subtle problem, but a problem nonetheless:

Dashgrabs are useless in comparison to crouch-canceled grabs, as CCGs cover more distance with less lag on most characters.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
yeah i don't think taking those things out would be a very good idea.

as most people have said, your taking a risk when using a hammer. Nine hammers can only really be landed when tech chasing from a dthrow, when your opponent di's the fthrow very poorly, or after landing a nair or uptilt at low percents. From a tech chase, you could land a smash, which is at least 15% im pretty sure. From a nair/utilt at low percents, you could do at least two more nairs and an up b with follow ups (at least 30%).

So when you do a hammer, you take the risk of getting hit for 12% (1), doing mediocre damage that doesn't combo (2,3,4,5,6,7,), getting a chance to do another hammer (8), or getting a ohko (9), AND you forego doing a 30% combo or a smash... your choice i guess, but its balanced either way.

-----

On charizard, i would approve of the extra jump, as long as it isn't a full jump (maybe 50-75% of the original). Im a bit torn on the issue honestly, i don't want to make such a drastic change but i really think it would take a bit of the wtf out of his recovery and make him more balanced in terms of the other flyers/jumpers

The Cape

Smash Master
I'd like to bring up a relatively subtle problem, but a problem nonetheless:

Dashgrabs are useless in comparison to crouch-canceled grabs, as CCGs cover more distance with less lag on most characters.
Play moar boozer nub.

The dash grab thing is definetly something I looked at when I was making the GSH series. I considered making them overall have more range for their slower speed but threw out the idea. There are no characters in the game now that do not have at least two good grab options and dash grab is a few of those. This gives some diversity to the game for sure.

Revven

FrankerZ
Thoughts on this: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9375445&postcount=1 ?

It is kind of bad that we nerfed Kirby rather hard. I actually do think his Fsmash should kill earlier than it does now (maybe not as early as it could originally) since his Bair lost its disjointed part of it. He's not as good as he used to be with both of those nerfed, so buffing the one thing we nerfed (Fsmash) up to a certain point (not to the original amount) and leave Bair as is and I think Kirby would be fine then.

But that's what I think, Maestro linked to the thread (read the rest of it, Chu posts there too) so idk if we should change Kirby at all or not.

Edit: It is funny though that M2K is asking for Kirby buffs! LOL

Just pointing it out though, I know I don't weigh anything on the decisions here, I just thought I'd share my opinion on it a bit.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I'm wondering if anyone still knows the specific tweaks that went into the Death Boundary mod. I believe we sohuld revert some of those changes, which were done in belief that characters were being KO'd too soon, while nowadays you will see most characters die at similar to vBrawl %'s.

Not a lot of people understand that code to my understanding, so I suppose it wasn't exactly a high priority issue to begin with.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Uhh... why was Kirby nerfed in the first place? He definitely kicked *** when I played a kirby main at a local fest a couple months ago (was probably RC1-era)... but not to the level of overpowered.

On Charyzardz: I just wanna bring back my main argument from my previous post...
I feel that, compared to other flyers (namely DDD), his power/gimp ability-to-recovery ratio is way off.
@Plum: I believe Charizard's glide speed has already been sped up significantly IIRC. Not to mention I though Charizard and Pikachu both had base 100 speed...or maybe that was Raichu...or maybe I'm nuts.

I would like to see Charizard with an extra jump, but at the same time I know it's not nessecary for him. Guru Kid describes the problem as such: Charizard can only afford to jump out offstage for a gimp once. After that, he has to high tail it back to the ledge with one jump and a fickle upB which is neither very flexible nor travels a very good distance. Couple that with a bad glide, and if he misses once, the gimp attempt was virtually worthless.

My counterpoint is while the other fliers have an easier time gimping and coming back onstage, Charizard's gimp options offer vastly more reward by virtue of his ****-tastic fair and dair, both of which are strong and fairly disjointed. If Charizard can land that one good hit, the opponent is not coming back. Ever (unless you're MK/D3/ROB)[/COLOR]. Couple this with Charizard's vastly superior killing options on the ground (usmash, rock smash, dthrow, dtilt, dsmash->****, tipped ftilt, and lol Fly for good measure) and it doesn't seem like Charizard needs much help in the way of taking a stock, gimping or otherwise.

The red highlighted part very well applies to nearly every other flyer in the game (not sure about Pit):

One good dair with MK, and it leads to another dair, which often = death.
One good bair with Jiggs, and it easily sets up for either another bair, nair, or fair.
One good bair or fair with kirby, and you're doneskied by another one of those moves... or dair.
One good fair with Rob, and more often than not you'll be hit with another one.
One good bair with Dedede... either you flat-out die off the side or you suffer another bair.

While it is often true that with a well-spaced fair can knock out most characters with one hit, the above characters have the same guarantee, since their edgeguarding moves of choice offer amazing, almost guaranteed followups. It just takes them 1 more move to kill. My main issue is that even if they miss their followup moves, they have a lot of leniency toward going for that edgeguard again, simply because their recoveries are just that good. Players can afford to be a bit reckless. Charizard has no such leniency, and because these characters all share a similar playstyle, that's really wonky.

So why play a character who has a high-risk edgeguard and a high-risk recovery, which nothing special to make up for it, when you can play another character who has equal or better attributes, including a safer egdeguard and recovery?

I'm fairly sure the extra jump will remedy this issue; I could be dead wrong though. I just wanna experiment with it first before I come to any real conclusion. :)

Granted, the extra jump definitely shouldn't equal his original jump; OBM's recommendation of 50-75% would be optimal I think.

As for my PT ideas:

@ Leaf: PT is indeed useful (sometimes) during a blind pick, but... why limit his usefulness to just that, when he can be given new aspects to play and thus become unique again? Devotion to a character with three distinct playstyles (which comes with 3x the work that needs to be put into regarding matchups) should be rewarded more than what is currently given.

If you do have a reason to use PT on your own CP, then we're looking at a potentially broken character here, since that would mean not only would PT have great matchup resistance, but it would mean he's also countering other characters more effectively than any of his individual parts, which are designed to be viable on their own.
Not sure if I really understood this statement, but if I interpreted it correctly... my proposition would finally give Trainer a reason to be played in the whole set by balancing out his unique positives and negatives, so the Trainer pokemon wouldn't be stronger counterpicks. Enabling Trainer with things like optional switching/specific move buffs would definitely make him too good and thus superior to the individual counterparts as you stated, and so I didn't include those kinds of propositions.

I'm just crossing my fingers that these ideas are even possible...

Cia

das kwl
I don't think Charizard needs an extra jump anyway. Every character doesn't need to be off stage edge guarding someone in the magnefied zone. Peach is a character who can recover about as well as a multi-jumper, but it's not usually good for her to edge guard off stage. Charizard's strengths are spacing and building damage. Making him a Puff ball would be too much =/
BumpBumpBump

Why does charizard need to become a Puff? Peach and Pit function just fine without that attribute. While Charizard does have more jumps than the average character, he's better on the stage. Besides, he has a low angle Fair and a really prominent Spike. CHARIZARD AS A PUFF WOULD BE AWFUL FOR THIS GAME..

imo

Veril

Frame Savant
You can't crouch cancel out of an initial dash. Also not all characters have notably better standing grabs (looks at Bowser) frame wise. Grab changes are not a possibility at this point.

Just pointing it out though, I know I don't weigh anything on the decisions here, I just thought I'd share my opinion on it a bit.
:(

Intelligent contributions can and do sway opinion, especially here. Everyone in the wbr (currently), even those not in the B+broom, is qualified to participate in these debates (if not cast a vote directly). I read EVERYTHING posted in here, at least a few times, and I'm still deciding on what the next batch of proposals will contain.

The Zard jump debate is hawt! "Gets popcorn"

Glick

Smash Lord
BumpBumpBump

Why does charizard need to become a Puff? Peach and Pit function just fine without that attribute. While Charizard does have more jumps than the average character, he's better on the stage. Besides, he has a low angle Fair and a really prominent Spike. CHARIZARD AS A PUFF WOULD BE AWFUL FOR THIS GAME..

imo
I don't think it'd really be charizard as puff.
Charizard is really good, but he certainly has a confusingly low amount of jumps. Not only does it not fit his character, he really can't go offstage and his up b is REALLY easy to gimp.

I don't think it'd be as OP as vanz describes. I think it would be fine, and not a big deal if we can pull it off glitch free. I'm all for it.

Glick

Smash Lord
I'm double posting because it is a completely separate point and I don't want it to get overlooked like my other multi idea posts.

BRAWL+ NEEDS A PROMO VIDEO

Are we really going to let ourselves get overshadowed by project m?
I love shanus, i'm just saying.

We need a promo video. Not a combo video either. Just a short video that outlines the changes in the game.

Aside from the promo video, we should encourage all the crews/people to create B+ combo videos as we release gold version.

WE NEED AS MUCH HYPE AS POSSIBLE.

Insomniac can work on a combo video. I'm sure with some initiative we can pull it off.

Cia

das kwl
Charizard only has a "confusingly low" amount of jumps because

a) you're comparing his number of jumps to that of a Puff
b) his jumps don't make a sound, so it's harder to keep count.

The same could be said for Pit. I really don't think an extra jump is the way to go. What I do think would be good for Charizard is an air mobility fix (like the one jigglypuff got) If Charizard can move faster horizontally, then that should give him a better off-stage game and more combo potential.

Also, we saw yesterday how over-powering Charizard's aerials can be for certain characters. an extra jump would make him completely dominant against several different recoveries in the game. It's a seemingly small change but I'm pretty sure it's too much of a buff.

Glick

Smash Lord
Charizard only has a "confusingly low" amount of jumps because

a) you're comparing his number of jumps to that of a Puff
b) his jumps don't make a sound, so it's harder to keep count.
Lol. B is hilarious. and I am not comparing him to puff. He has wings, and he has a glide.
But yeah, both mobility and an extra jump solve the same issue though.

It's safe to say though, that there is definitely something awkward about charizards air game?

The Cape

Smash Master
I actually gave him a slight increase more and increased the size of his second jumps. Not alot, but enough to give him some more control.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'm double posting because it is a completely separate point and I don't want it to get overlooked like my other multi idea posts.

BRAWL+ NEEDS A PROMO VIDEO

Are we really going to let ourselves get overshadowed by project m?
I love shanus, i'm just saying.

We need a promo video. Not a combo video either. Just a short video that outlines the changes in the game.

Aside from the promo video, we should encourage all the crews/people to create B+ combo videos as we release gold version.

WE NEED AS MUCH HYPE AS POSSIBLE.

Insomniac can work on a combo video. I'm sure with some initiative we can pull it off.
I remember a month ago Cape was saying that 5ive was working on a "inb4rape2" Brawl+ combo video, but I'm not sure how or where that went. But Glick is right :p

Cape? 5ive?

Cia

das kwl
I might make a + combo video. I just don't know which character to make one for. Falcon's overused.. and Jiggs would be hilarious rests.. .. maybe Peach, or Diddy if I get enough footage.

Also, I'm probably going to switch over to Project M once it's finished. I have a weird feeling that I'm going to be good at it.

:colorful:

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
BumpBumpBump

imo
While I don't think Zard with 1 more jump would be as overpowered as you're saying, I do agree with the bolded statement when it comes to Charizard's kill options on stage, which should make up for his average off-stage game compared to other multi-jumpers (even if his off-stage game comes with two completely dominating aerials). Characters like Puff, D3, and ROB have Barely a handful of kill moves onstage (in ROBs case, I can barely even name 2). Most every attack that Charizard has minus neutral B, jab, dash attack, utilt, uair, and nair will kill (that leaves us with roughly 14 attacks and throws that can kill at fairly reasonable percents, give or take a throw or two depending on what you consider to be decent killing percents). This increased potency for killing onstage serves as a balance for his decent (not even bad, just not great like other fliers) offstage game.

That being said, I am a Charizard player. Personally, I would love to see him with another jump, and I agree that his offstage game us a bit clunky in comparison with most other multi-jumpers. However on an objective level (not to say you aren't being objective either Guru), I feel Charizard doesn't need that kind of buff, and is already pretty effective as is. If we were to try something to aid his off-stage game, I would like to see how increased aerial mobility plays out. Even then I'm not completely sure he needs it.

I do love your other PT ideas though Guru (though maybe a 1 or 2 percent increase to their attack is in order as well as the defense boost. There are attack IVs too :p). An "EV" boost along with returning stamina would be a great way to give huge strategic value to PT.

As an aside, I MAY join you in Project M Vanz. I've always felt Brawl+ should be faster and more technical like Project M. It really depends on how much of Falco's Brawl moveset is retained (I'll take Brawl Falco's birdslaps > silly Melee Falco's happy feet any day).

The Cape

Smash Master
Something I keep mentioning and we keep forgetting about:

Sonic second jab more range. It has less range than the first and tends to make the combo fail if the first is spaced well. That doesnt seem to be something good and we can always just extend the hitbox out a unit or two to fix the issue.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I'll be down for either an extra jump or increased mobility (which I admit I completely forgot about).

I do love your other PT ideas though Guru (though maybe a 1 or 2 percent increase to their attack is in order as well as the defense boost. There are attack IVs too :p). An "EV" boost along with returning stamina would be a great way to give huge strategic value to PT.
That's another good idea, though I feel that (like the increased defense aspect) should only be implemented if knockback can remain the same... which I cross my fingers is possible!

5ive

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm making one. I've been spending the last 3 months looking through matches to find combos.

I've looked through about 600, but I plan on looking through the rest of them to make sure I have no fillers. Expect ****.

lord karn

Smash Master
The thing that has always felt weird about Charizard's off stage game to me is that, due to the restrictive nature of his upb, there are certain areas where he ***** (due to his **** aerials) and certain areas where he doesn't threaten at all. Allowing charizard to threaten those areas would both make him better and make him feel more natural. Giving him more options with his upb (or just making it go straight) would increase the spaces that he threatens somewhat, but perhaps not quite as much as giving him another jump. Both would make him feel more natural, imo.

So that brings it down to, if Charizard needs buffs, then choose the jump. If charizard doesn't need much of a buff, then make his upb better.

Veril

Frame Savant
Something I keep mentioning and we keep forgetting about:

Sonic second jab more range. It has less range than the first and tends to make the combo fail if the first is spaced well. That doesnt seem to be something good and we can always just extend the hitbox out a unit or two to fix the issue.
that is in the OP... silly boy

Cia

das kwl
what about...allowing him to up-b straight up? that's always pissed me off.

and vanz, do a character thats been out of the limelight...like lucas, or ike, samus, snake, tl, pit, chari/ivy
i's like to see something like that
I kinda like that Idea.. I think his recovery would make a bit more sense this way, but I'd like to see what Guru thinks.

as for a combo video.. maybe charizard. He has some pretty DUMB combos. Uthrow > UpB Kills Ike + Falcon somewhere around 120% D:

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
So today I was messing around with lots of different things and I noticed that the ledgehang framespeed wasn't working anymore. No telling why, but I thought I'd investigate a global PSA fix.

Lucky for us, that action has a frame modifier programmed into it. So I helped myself to using the same fix as before, but applied globally. So I made this small code, and combed the framespeed data for the now-useless character ones. I'm posting them here to help everybody sync up. Anybody know if there have been any framespeed changes in the past 2 weeks?

The codes:

Code:
Animation Modifier Data [431 lines]
06581000 00000D68
0000000A 3FA66666
00000041 3FD56041
000C0053 3F4CCCCC
000E0054 40A00000
00000061 3F924DD2
00000064 3FA66666
010080BF 3F8A7EF9
010080C0 3F8E5604
0100000A 3FA66666
01000040 3F2AC083
01000041 3FD56041
010C0053 3F4CCCCC
010E0054 40A00000
01000064 3FA66666
020080BF 3F8353F7
020080C0 3F79DB22
020081CE 3FAA9FBE
0200000A 3FA66666
020A0026 3FA00000
02110027 3F800000
020D0027 3F000000
02000027 3FB33333
02120034 3FC00000
02140036 3FE66666
02140038 3FF33333
02000041 3FD56041
020C0053 3F4CCCCC
020E0054 40A00000
02000064 3FA66666
020A0118 3F800000
02000118 3FC00000
030B0028 3F800000
03000028 3F99999A
031D0034 3FCCCCCC
031D0036 3FA00000
031F0038 3FCCCCCC
03000041 3FD56041
030C0053 3F4CCCCC
030E0054 40A00000
03000061 3F8E5604
03000064 3FA66666
03150122 3F800000
030F0122 40400000
03140123 40000000
03150124 3F800000
030F0124 40400000
03190125 3f800000
03100125 40400000
040080BF 3F8E5604
040080C0 3F8A7EF9
0400000A 3FA66666
0400001C 40000000
041A0034 3FC00000
04150036 3FC00000
04140038 3FC00000
04000041 3FD56041
040C0053 3F4CCCCC
040E0054 40A00000
04000064 3FA66666
0400011A 40000000
05000041 3FD56041
050C0053 3F4CCCCC
050E0054 40A00000
05000061 3F96A7EF
05000064 3FA66666
060080BF 3F924DD2
060080C0 3F8E5604
06000041 3FD56041
060C0053 3F4CCCCC
060E0054 40A00000
06000064 3FA66666
06020115 3F800000
06000115 40000000
070080BF 3F96A7EF
070080C0 3F9B4395
07000041 3FD56041
070C0053 3F4CCCCC
070E0054 40A00000
07000064 3FA66666
08028062 3F800000
08018062 3F000000
080080BF 3F924DD2
080080C0 3F8E5604
0800000A 3FA66666
08000041 3FD56041
080C0053 3F4CCCCC
080E0054 40A00000
08000064 3FA66666
090081DB 3FC00000
090081DE 3FC00000
090081DF 3FE66666
0900000A 3FA66666
0913002F 3FC00000
0911002F 3F800000
0909002F 3F4CCCCC
090F0038 3F800000
09000038 3FC00000
09000041 3FD56041
090C0053 3F4CCCCC
090E0054 40A00000
09000061 3F96A7EF
09000064 3FA66666
0A138066 3F800000
0A048066 3FA00000
0A0080BF 3F924DD2
0A0080C0 3F96A7EF
0A00000A 3FA66666
0A04000C 3F800000
0A00000C 40000000
0A0B0028 3FA00000
0A000040 3FAAC083
0A000041 3FD56041
0A0C0053 3F4CCCCC
0A0E0054 40A00000
0A000064 3FA66666
0A000115 3FD55555
0A00011B 3FC00000
0B078062 3F800000
0B008062 3FE00000
0B0080BF 3F96A7EF
0B0080C0 3FA53F7C
0B00000A 3FA66666
0B000019 3FAAAAAB
0B0D0027 3FACCCCC
0B090027 3F800000
0B030027 3F999999
0B0D0028 3FC00000
0B150029 40000000
0B130029 3F800000
0B0B0029 3F1DB22D
0B00003B 3F68F5C2
0B000041 3FD56041
0B0C0053 3F4CCCCC
0B0E0054 40A00000
0B000064 3FA66666
0C00000A 3FA66666
0C000041 3FD56041
0C0C0053 3F4CCCCC
0C0E0054 40A00000
0C000061 3F8353F7
0C000064 3FA66666
0C00011A 3F999999
0C00011B 3F999999
0C00011C 40000000
0D00000A 3FA66666
0D000019 3FC00000
0D000027 3FA00000
0D000041 3FD56041
0D0C0053 3F4CCCCC
0D0E0054 40A00000
0D000061 3F79DB22
0D000064 3FA66666
0D000115 3EE66666
0D00011A 3FC00000
0E0E8065 3FA00000
0E000041 3FD56041
0E0C0053 3F4CCCCC
0E0E0054 40A00000
0E000061 3F8E5604
0E000064 3FA66666
0E000115 3EE66666
0F0080BF 3F96A7EF
0F0080C0 3F9B4395
0F1D0021 3F800000
0F030021 3F9EB851
0F000041 3FD56041
0F0C0053 3F4CCCCC
0F0E0054 40A00000
0F000064 3FA66666
1100000A 3FA66666
110C0028 3FB33333
11000041 3FD56041
110C0053 3F4CCCCC
110E0054 40A00000
11000061 3F8A7EF9
11000064 3FA66666
12008075 3FA66666
1200000A 3FA66666
120F0029 3F4CCCCC
12050029 3F800000
12010029 3F2AC083
120F002F 3F599999
12000041 3FD56041
120C0053 3F4CCCCC
120E0054 40A00000
12000061 3FA53F7C
12000064 3FA66666
121B0112 3FC00000
12110112 3F800000
12010112 3FAAC083
130080BF 3F8A7EF9
130080C0 3F8353F7
1300000A 3FA66666
13000041 3FD56041
130C0053 3F4CCCCC
130E0054 40A00000
13000064 3FA66666
131F0115 3F800000
13130115 3F400000
13030115 3F800000
13000115 3F000000
140F8063 3F800000
140E8063 3E800000
140081DF 3FC00000
140081E0 3FC00000
140081E1 3FC00000
1400000A 3FA66666
14228048 3EAAAAAB
141C8048 3F800000
14138048 40000000
14098048 41200000
14068048 3F800000
14008048 40C00000
14000041 3FD56041
140C0053 3F4CCCCC
140E0054 40A00000
14000061 3FA00000
14000064 3FA66666
14160118 40200000
1400011B 40000000
150080BF 3F9B4395
150080C0 3F96A7EF
1500000A 3FA66666
15000041 3FD56041
150C0053 3F4CCCCC
150E0054 40A00000
15000064 3FA66666
15010118 3F199999
16058062 3F800000
16008062 3F000000
160080BF 3F924DD2
160080C0 3F8E5604
16010029 3F800000
16000029 3E800000
16000041 3FD56041
160C0053 3F4CCCCC
160E0054 40A00000
16000064 3FA66666
16000112 3F400000
170080BF 3F924DD2
170080C0 3F8E5604
1700000A 3FA66666
17000041 3FD56041
170C0053 3F4CCCCC
170E0054 40A00000
17000064 3FA66666
18318066 3F800000
180D8066 40000000
180080BF 3F8E5604
180080C0 3F924DD2
181C0034 3FD99999
18220036 3FAAAAAA
181C0038 3FA00000
180F0038 3F800000
18000038 3FC00000
18000041 3FD56041
180C0053 3F4CCCCC
180E0054 40A00000
18000064 3FA66666
190080BF 3F9B4395
190080C0 3F96A7EF
1900000A 3FA66666
19000041 3FD56041
190C0053 3F4CCCCC
190E0054 40A00000
19000064 3FA66666
1A00000A 3FA66666
1A02000C 3FA00000
1A0C0026 3F800000
1A000026 3F999999
1A2F0032 3FA00000
1A160032 3F800000
1A010032 3FB33333
1A0D0034 3FC00000
1A100036 40066666
1A000040 3FAAC083
1A000041 3FD56041
1A0C0053 3F4CCCCC
1A0E0054 40A00000
1A000061 3F96A7EF
1A000064 3FA66666
1A00011B 3FA00000
1B000041 3FD56041
1B0C0053 3F4CCCCC
1B0E0054 40A00000
1B000061 3F96A7EF
1B000064 3FA66666
1B000128 3FC00000
1D1B8065 3FE00000
1D148066 3FC00000
1D118066 3F800000
1D028066 3FC00000
1D0080BF 3F8E5604
1D0080C0 3F96A7EF
1D00000A 3FA66666
1D1D0021 3F0E5604
1D030021 3FB99999
1D140027 3FE00000
1D1C002F 40000000
1D05002F 3F800000
1D00002F 40000000
1D000041 3FD56041
1D0C0053 3F4CCCCC
1D0E0054 40A00000
1D000064 3FA66666
1D000084 40000000
1E118063 3F400000
1E098065 3F4CCCCC
1E0080BF 3F924DD2
1E0080C0 3F96A7EF
1E1D0021 3F0E5604
1E030021 3FB99999
1E00003B 3F778D4F
1E000041 3FD56041
1E0C0053 3F4CCCCC
1E0E0054 40A00000
1E000064 3FA66666
1F0C8066 40000000
1F0080BF 3F8E5604
1F0080C0 3F924DD2
1F1A81D8 40A00000
1F00000A 3FA66666
1F1D0021 3F0E5604
1F030021 3FB99999
1F000024 3F999999
1F080028 3F800000
1F000028 3FCCCCCC
1F14002F 3FA00000
1F100034 3F999999
1F000041 3FD56041
1F0C0053 3F4CCCCC
1F0E0054 40A00000
1F000064 3FA66666
1F1D0113 40000000
1F000118 3FC00000
1F000119 40000000
20198064 3F2AAAAB
201A8066 40000000
2000000A 3FA66666
20000019 3FA00000
201D0021 3F0E5604
20030021 3FB99999
20000024 3FA00000
20000041 3FD56041
200C0053 3F4CCCCC
200E0054 40A00000
20000061 3F8353F7
20000064 3FA66666
2000012E 3FC00000
210080BF 3FAAC083
210080C0 3FA00000
2100000A 3FA66666
21000041 3FD56041
210C0053 3F4CCCCC
210E0054 40A00000
21000064 3FA66666
21000114 3FC00000
2100011C 41A00000
221F8062 40000000
220080C0 3F8E5604
2200000A 3FA66666
22190027 3F999999
22100027 3F800000
22010027 3FA00000
22120029 3FC00000
22000041 3FD56041
220C0053 3F4CCCCC
220E0054 40A00000
22000064 3FA66666
220F011C 40400000
2300000A 3FA66666
23000041 3FD56041
230C0053 3F4CCCCC
230E0054 40A00000
23000061 3F9B4395
23000064 3FA66666
250080BF 3FA00000
250080C0 3F96A7EF
2500000A 3FA66666
250C0029 3FC00000
25000041 3FD126E9
250C0053 3F4CCCCC
250E0054 40A00000
25000064 3FA66666
2900000A 3FA66666
290C0026 3FC00000
29120034 3FC00000
29140036 3FE66666
29140038 3FF33333
29000041 3FD56041
290C0053 3F4CCCCC
290E0054 40A00000
29000061 3F96A7EF
29000064 3FA66666
2C148066 3FB33333
2C0080BF 3F96A7EF
2C0080C0 3F924DD2
2C00000A 3FA66666
2C0A0028 3FA00000
2C000041 3FD56041
2C0C0053 3F4CCCCC
2C0E0054 40A00000
2C000064 3FA66666
2C140118 42C80000
2E0080BF 3F96A7EF
2E0080C0 3F924DD2
2E00000A 3FA66666
2E00002F 3F999999
2E000041 3FD56041
2E0C0053 3F4CCCCC
2E0E0054 40A00000
2E000064 3FA66666
2E0E0119 3F800000
2E000119 40000000
2F0C8064 3F800000
2F008064 3F999999
2F008075 3FA66666
2F00000A 3FA66666
2F140028 3FE00000
2F01002C 3F800000
2F00002C 40400000
2F00002D 40200000
2F200032 40400000
2F0D0032 40000000
2F000041 3FD56041
2F0C0053 3F4CCCCC
2F0E0054 40A00000
2F000061 3F96A7EF
2F000064 3FA66666
0457FFFC 00000001

Ledgehang Duration [Yeroc]
06FB656C 00000008
00000001 0003A980

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Enabling fly to go straight up would certainly be helpful. It'll hardly solves Charizard's air control/recovery issue by itself, but would make a nice supplement.

as for a combo video.. maybe charizard. He has some pretty DUMB combos. Uthrow > UpB Kills Ike + Falcon somewhere around 120% D:
You don't even use Charizard, mengs. Leave that to the real pokemaster. :p

Insomniac (or just NYB+ players in general) will most likely make a combo video. Silven loves making those; I'll ask him about it.

Veril

Frame Savant
Enabling fly to go straight up would certainly be helpful. It'll hardly solves Charizard's air control/recovery issue by itself, but would make a nice supplement.
Another option to consider... As to the PT specific changes like fatigue, etc, those are way too major to add in imo. Interesting ideas, but also nebulous and extremely experimental.

Insomniac (or just NYB+ players in general) will most likely make a combo video. Silven loves making those; I'll ask him about it.
O.o

So today I was messing around with lots of different things and I noticed that the ledgehang framespeed wasn't working anymore. No telling why, but I thought I'd investigate a global PSA fix.
<3

Glick

Smash Lord
I use EVERYONE :demon:
Not well!
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

jklol

Back on topic.
Good idea to talk about, but WAYYY to experimental.
I'd like to hear more about pokemon trainer buffs.

What's in store for him?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Silven's legit at making hype/combo videos...just look at APEX 2010's Brawl trailer.

Veril: There will be two major tournies going on Valentines Day weekend, both of which will have Brawl+ as an event. Not sure what you want to do (with the set being released around that date last time we spoke), but I thought it'd be good to be aware of it for any changes/feedback that come through after the tournament itself.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Also, I take it that this thread is only talking about character changes?

Or are we factoring Stages as well? Because there are a few stages worth adding in by now.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Another option to consider... As to the PT specific changes like fatigue, etc, those are way too major to add in imo. Interesting ideas, but also nebulous and extremely experimental.
I'm aware of the overall attitude here regarding severe changes this late into development, and normally I'd agree, but PT I think should be one of those exceptions. Ever since the "individual pokemon" code was put into plus, PT lost his usefulness and thus viability; keeping him as-is will just guarantee that no one will use him (why give yourself more work to do in learning 3 playstyles and 3x matchups for 1 character when there aren't any special bonuses or rewards you reap from doing so?)

I guarantee that PT will get zero substantial tournament rep if he remains the same.

And as far as vagueness... let me be more specific about what would be done:

1) Heal-on-switch: the switched-in pokemon, during its Pokeball Release animation, would heal 10 - 15%.

2) Each trainer pokemon would suffer 1 - 2% less damage from attacks but suffer the same knockback.

3) Each trainer pokemon would inflict 1 - 2% more damage on its attacks but inflict the same knockback.

4) Stamina: a 2 or 3-minute timer that removes 1 second from the clock whenever an attack is initiated (like in vbrawl). When the timer reaches 0, the pokemon becomes fatigued, doing substantially less knockback on attacks.

- if fatigue can be tweaked, we could try with a harsher fatigue penalty to compensate for the above bonuses (like adding a damage penalty as well).

I gave only percentage ranges because the exact percentage would need to be tested extensively to ensure that the buffs wouldn't be too much or too little.

EDIT: the exact stamina timer amount should be tested too.

shanus

Smash Hero
I personally feel like installing those benefits to trainer would be pretty over the top. Trainer already has significant counterpick resistance, and giving them damage bonus', heal on switch would greatly outbuff the nerf from stamina.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
aa said something about how adding all the zelda/sheik files to the sd card drastically increased loading time and removed it as a variable...perhaps we could do something with that?

but i agree, there really isnt much point in playing pt - its just too much work overall for too little reward atm

Veril

Frame Savant
I personally feel like installing those benefits to trainer would be pretty over the top. Trainer already has significant counterpick resistance, and giving them damage bonus', heal on switch would greatly outbuff the nerf from stamina.
As much as I love Gurukid, I have to agree with this. We can't even begin to predict how massive changes like this will work out. The 6-months following the gold-release will be plenty of time to collect the necessary evidence to justify anything this major. For now I simply am not willing to make the leap of faith required for these. It would run absolutely counter to what I've been saying about changes (and I meant what I said, it wasn't merely a political maneuver).

Especially given the charizard discussion... which is much more limited and honestly makes a lot more sense to me than this.

The Cape

Smash Master
We still have to consider that PT is three (good) characters and have to be wary about buffs to any of them individually.

When we release the next set we should also have a suggested stage list as well.

Cia

das kwl
We still have to consider that PT is three (good) characters and have to be wary about buffs to any of them individually.

When we release the next set we should also have a suggested stage list as well.
These. I've been trying to stress these points since page 1.. lol

----

Also, another character we should pay close attention to is Sheik. I haven't been able to test this yet, but I believe she can chain grab a good amount of the cast with Dthrow > Fair > repeat (til about 60-70%). Not only that but her camp and combo potential is probably the best of any of my chars. And by switching to Zelda, she covers MOST of her bad match ups (Jigglypuff, Luigi, Lucario?) The only match up Sheik/Zelda doesn't cover is Metaknight, but i THINK Zelda does better against MK than Sheik.

Sheik has such versatility but I also think she requires a decent amount on skill to use, so i don't think she needs a nerf. Zelda on the other hand..

Top Bottom