• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Steam

Smash Hero
Once I start coming to more smashfests and hang with you guys more I should be able to start taking my wii. But for now all I can bring is one Steam and one Steam's GC controller.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Once I start coming to more smashfests and hang with you guys more I should be able to start taking my wii. But for now all I can bring is one Steam and one Steam's GC controller.
That is great! You have a lot of potential too. Together we will bring the Springs to new level of play!

Also until I get my Wii fixed I will work on Diddy every Smashfest I go to and in friendlies.

So forewarning to myself: Get owned Me...for now! lol

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
These weekly smashfests don't seem like something I can make it too.

Anyway ChickenTenders, am I too far for a lift? You need gas money? If you don't want to it's alright.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
These weekly smashfests don't seem like something I can make it too.

Anyway ChickenTenders, am I too far for a lift? You need gas money? If you don't want to it's alright.
i dunno how old u are but u can always take the light rail to the auraria campus and just walk to the venue.

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
Free the rest of this week. Melee Please.

I'm pretty much free till saturday. Saturday I'm free after 6 and Sunday after 3. Let's smash people!!! I'd enter a cheap Melee tourney on Saturday but only if my first round can be played after 6 or I get a bye first round....or it could just be round robin....

What were the results from the last Melee tourney? I heard Rafa and Jeris got 1st and 2nd. I assume Tony got 4th 3rd but I haven't heard the placings for 3rd or lower. How many people even entered and was it double elimination or round robin?

Fino

Smash Master
Was skimming some posts.... I dunno why you guys john about PRs. I think they're a good idea to stimulate competition.

One complaint I read was that the new people are wanting to be on the PRs. Uhh, duh? Everyone wants to be on the PRs, it's like having bragging rights. "I'm the #something person in my state" it's cool to say ya'know?
Here's what people don't understand: you can't base PRs off one tournament. Results need to be cumulative. One placing means nothing. You could have had a good day (consistency is important, if you can't place well consistently, then your higher placings don't mean as much), an easy bracket (same line of thought as before), ect. Lots of factors should affect ranking on PRs.
Say someone new wants to be on the PR, and they placed moderately well at one tournament that was considered for the PRs, but didn't enter any of the others. He may be placed under someone he beat or placed better than in that tournament because he hasn't proven consistency and overall skill. Lots of PRs usually hold "honorable mention" sections for these people, or place them on the list, but a lot lower than expected. This is to push them to prove themselves to get a spot they "feel they deserve".

Everyone wants to fight for the top spots, and this is what i think tim and the others are hoping for to improve the smash scene there. The goal is that people want to improve to gun for the spots that dave, tim, and meno hold. Meanwhile, those three also have the urge to improve, so that they don't go down (since they've already proven themselves, they want to hold their title spots).
Ect, you get what I'm saying... sleeping pill is starting to hit me, lol. Keep doing the PR guys ;)

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty much free till saturday. Saturday I'm free after 6 and Sunday after 3. Let's smash people!!! I'd enter a cheap Melee tourney on Saturday but only if my first round can be played after 6 or I get a bye first round....or it could just be round robin....

What were the results from the last Melee tourney? I heard Rafa and Jeris got 1st and 2nd. I assume Tony got 4th 3rd but I haven't heard the placings for 3rd or lower. How many people even entered and was it double elimination or round robin?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9391051#post9391051

EDIT: just realized I doubleposted again..

EDIT 69: Hey UL, can you provide me with an email addy? Just tried to get you the tio file, but realized I didn't have your maily...

Poliwag

Smash Rookie
Hey, I didn't do so bad.
Thanks for posting that again.. It's so hard to keep updated on this board. >.>

Sadly I won't be coming to the next few Smash Nights, so I won't be able to bring my wii.
I'll try and make it to the ones after Wassabi. I might get some free time then.

@Steam: Welcome to the Springs smash team!

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
What Fino said is correct. No one is getting on simply because of last tournament.

Meno ****ing under asshol water: That's my ****ing SD card...I thought JCVD told you...It has me 2 stocking affinity!!! I NEED IT TO WORK!

Steam

Smash Hero
Yeah I kinda agree that you need to have gone to a few tournies to make the PR. It just makes sense and seems more fair.

Underload

Lazy
Funny thing is, I talked about the EXACT same thing on the Colorado PR AiB group thing. We kind of got ancy with Chunky...

Fino knows what he's doing, though.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Thanks to all that attended Fighter Frenzy 2010. Get ready people as Colorado Cuttthroat and the NVGA is coming strong with some great events in the upcoming months:

Smash Bros. Brawl (Singles):

1: Affinity
2: Fino
3: Zeton
4: Dave!
5: Clel
5: Domo
7: BESS
7: Lvl-0
9: Steam
9: Steeler
9: DTL
9: Timotee
13: Meno
13: Munch
13: Zajice
13: Underload
17: Lunchbox
17: JCVD1
17: Moblin
17: Pagami
17: Z
17: FishBait73
17: Chunky
17: Chicken_Tenders
25: Saicam
25: Em_ay_ar
25: Soapy
25: Lucre
25: Spelt

Tekken 6:

1: jeremy (bob)
2: DFG (Christie, Roger)
3: Noxz (Alyssa)
4: System (lili)
5: j day (Ganryu)
5: el dirtay bewtz (Miguel)
7: idk (Roger)
7: amrita (Ling)
9: rod
9: Rush

Street Fighter 4 (Round Robin):

1: robert
2: Rush
3: Roc
4: lord bob
5: Kryptionian Icon

HALO 3 (2 v 2):

1: fluying terrordactles (tomas + carlos)
2: touch me there (memory + system)
3: phaded monkeys (ledger + revo)
4: muffin tops (demon1 + death angel 2)
5: quicksilver (daz shankz + chemical ghost)
5: 2 man wolfpack (mr impact + muffin man)
7: gandgas (sneaks + mphype)
7: a day in infamy (i ecliptik + vegeta)
9: death angels (steady + tmbuck2)
9: shamwow (lady terror xo + seth)

BlazBlue:

1: nar war (Akun)
2: Femoral (Nu)
3: jedi mind trick
4: timotee
5: matt
5: JCVD
7: gutts

Smash Bros. Brawl (Teams):

1: Rapid Royale (Zeton + Clel)
2: Yo , Snorlax ****ing OWNS YOU (Steeler + Domo)
3: Discontine speaking and have intercorse with me (Meno + DTL)
4: That aint a pokemon, that's a dinvine mythical dragon (Affinity + Fino)
5: Don't Sweat the petty things Don't pet the sweaty things (BEES + Chicken Tenders)
5: We surrender (Moblin + TImotee)
7: Marishbar (Em-ay-ar + FishBait73)
7: In-hale_lordz (Soapy + Lucre)
9: The Chipmunks (Zaj + Spelt)
9: Horny the West (Horny + West)
9: Please Please Me (Mr. Man + Number 2)
9: Whatever (Chunky + Steam)
13: Bananas and Pajamas (Pagami + JuMpMaaN)
13: Ensis (Ensis Fox + Ensis Wolf)

Call of Duty 4 (2 v 2):

1: team vincimus (noxide + yetti)
2: team pikachu (iyi drizzy imi + knuckles)
3: mile high boys (matt + taylor)
4: generalz (samuel gora + hail cesar)
5: beasts released (ace killa loh + assassin loh)
5: burgertown avengers (kryptonion icon + mister fister)
7: killa instinct (ki chaz + ki epical)
7: Odd bunch (aerial ace + i ro 07)
9: big and little (ghost loh + hammer loh)
9: privacy please (temper loh + renegade loh)
9: mob (jake + lord bob)

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Dan, I know you were having trouble with your game. I asked, and here's a suggestion (copy and pasted):

"Nope, but I think it may be problem of his monitor hz, try using 60 hz, 75hz for example may be making the game a little faster I think... But if that's the main problem you can try enabling v-sync in the card's control panel...Some people had to disable it, but if the game is running too fast for him...that may be the solution."

EDIT: Hahaha, stay classy Aksys games: http://www.aksysgames.com/2010/01/25/our-response-to-people-pirating-blazblue-continuum-shift/

Bees!

Smash Ace
Hey, I didn't do so bad.
Thanks for posting that again.. It's so hard to keep updated on this board. >.>

Sadly I won't be coming to the next few Smash Nights, so I won't be able to bring my wii.
I'll try and make it to the ones after Wassabi. I might get some free time then.

@Steam: Welcome to the Springs smash team!
Trey. There is no Colorado Springs Team. There is only the weekly smashfest. At some point me and Z will bring back the Catalysts Of Destruction team.(It will also be to our discretion who we let on.) But as of now as both of us being leaders we agreed to hold off on having a team. Sorry. When we decide to have a team we will let you know to see if you are still interested. But for now...No team.

In fact once we decide to have a team myself or Z will let all of the Springs Smashers know.

It will also (like the PR) be based on performance & attendance at tourneys, and just general performance.

Poliwag

Smash Rookie
Trey. There is no Colorado Springs Team. There is only the weekly smashfest. At some point me and Z will bring back the Catalysts Of Destruction team.(It will also be to our discretion who we let on.) But as of now as both of us being leaders we agreed to hold off on having a team. Sorry. When we decide to have a team we will let you know to see if you are still interested. But for now...No team.

In fact once we decide to have a team myself or Z will let all of the Springs Smashers know.

It will also (like the PR) be based on performance & attendance at tourneys, and just general performance.
Well I certainly didn't know Catalysts of Destruction was gone xD.

I think there was a little confusion when I said team, I was just welcoming Steam to the Smash fest.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Well I certainly didn't know Catalysts of Destruction was gone xD.

I think there was a little confusion when I said team, I was just welcoming Steam to the Smash fest.

Ah okay. But also the only other person who knew until now was Arashi because she heard me and Z discuss it. If you are curious I can explain to you why we came to our decision through PM or on the phone. If not that's okay. But again we will let everyone know when we bring it back.
Also I forgot to mention that Unlike the PR. It will be somewhat more lenient.(We aren't looking for everyone to get top 8 every tourney.)

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Because he likes making me Cry T-T
He was supposed to be my teammate. You shoulda checked the bathroom during doubles. I was bawwwing the whole time.

===

Hey, I'm trying to talk my mother outta her psycho state, but in case I can't, who can hold on to a black kitty for me? He's housebroken, affectionate, and more than a little stupid. Buuut he takes commands pretty well. I think he's part dog.

Also, I'll need places to keep mah stuff until I can score housing. Who here would want to keep an eye on mah xbawks/BB/etc?

None of this is set in stone. I'd rather not have to have people watch over my stuff/kitty until I get this shiz sorted out, buuuuuuuut I think I should prepare for the worst.

===

Anyone wanna barwl today? Should gimme a call. If you have a blank DVD, you should bring it, soz I can burn myself a copy of Brawl. I can't find a single one of my 30 billion copies. =(

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
He was supposed to be my teammate. You shoulda checked the bathroom during doubles. I was bawwwing the whole time.

===

Hey, I'm trying to talk my mother outta her psycho state, but in case I can't, who can hold on to a black kitty for me? He's housebroken, affectionate, and more than a little stupid. Buuut he takes commands pretty well. I think he's part dog.

Also, I'll need places to keep mah stuff until I can score housing. Who here would want to keep an eye on mah xbawks/BB/etc?

None of this is set in stone. I'd rather not have to have people watch over my stuff/kitty until I get this shiz sorted out, buuuuuuuut I think I should prepare for the worst.

===

Anyone wanna barwl today? Should gimme a call. If you have a blank DVD, you should bring it, soz I can burn myself a copy of Brawl. I can't find a single one of my 30 billion copies. =(

I can't do much for kitty, but if you want to keep the 360+ Whatever other non-living objects with me if'n ye want.

I say we cancel Brawl and play BB:CS instead. :D I should actually learn wtf to do on melee also.

Also, you should name your cat McGilla Gorilla, so you can make this old schoo' song your advertisement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRkFSpnQUzA

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I want to hold on to the 360! So I can play games without graphic glitches =(

I *might* be able to hold on to kitty, dunno how jameson would handle it though. And I'd probably be up for games laters.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
ur wii is modded? who did it? also i'm very interested in this brawl today biz. even more interested in brawl tomorrow. oh and i can just burn u a copy so u dont have to :D
:D :D :D

That'd be a little TOO tight.

I can't do much for kitty, but if you want to keep the 360+ Whatever other non-living objects with me if'n ye want.

I say we cancel Brawl and play BB:CS instead. :D I should actually learn wtf to do on melee also.

Also, you should name your cat McGilla Gorilla, so you can make this old schoo' song your advertisement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRkFSpnQUzA
Maybe I'll letcha watch over mah Wii+Mandolin. Then you can practice Meleez an stuff, too.

I might just change his name to that. McGilla is a tightass name.

I dun wanna start practicin' CS until I know mah housing situation. Melee/Brawl are really easy for me to keep in decent condition (on the technical/spacing level), buuuut CS is gonna take some work.

I want to hold on to the 360! So I can play games without graphic glitches =(

I *might* be able to hold on to kitty, dunno how jameson would handle it though. And I'd probably be up for games laters.
I'll letcha babysit mah 360, then. Text me when you get free an' stuff.

Kitty gets to roughhouse with a bigish dog all the time. Jameson is a bit extreme, but kitty+Jameson would be better than kitty+alleys. Buuuuuuut if is no go, I understand.

EDIT:

For those who don't have my number, it's 720 496-8156. Text me, cuz my phone doesn't always get the calls.

Halfro

Smash Rookie
60 new pages in 2 weeks? Geez guys, well good to hear everything is going according to plan. We would like to get some regular smash tournaments going again along with our current fighters. There is a vacant slot with sc4 no longer being played and we have all but dropped hdr/kof. We have T6, BB(soon to be cs) and SSF4 ongoing as of now. Who really runs (leads) the smash community? I would like to get together or toss emails back and forth to see if you guys want to be apart of the regular line up for further events.

Hit us up on EF, just cause in all honesty, I hate sludging through 50 new posts everytime im looking for an answer to small/simple questions.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
We know already Flux.

We saw you at the movies with him and there was only one straw in the drink.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Our community kinda leads itself. I've been organizing tournaments for the past two years, but Nite, Bees, Meno, Tim, Kenny, and about a billion other people have run events/smashfests as well.

ur wii is modded? who did it? also i'm very interested in this brawl today biz. even more interested in brawl tomorrow. oh and i can just burn u a copy so u dont have to :D
I had a modchip put in by a friend when Brawl first came out. Scariest night of my life. Nowadays, you can just hack it via SD, though.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DanicngFighterG. Underload, can I get the vids for Smash from you so I can upload them to the Cutthroat youtube page. Do you have a place where I can download them?

Halfro

Smash Rookie
Our community kinda leads itself. I've been organizing tournaments for the past two years, but Nite, Bees, Meno, Tim, Kenny, and about a billion other people have run events/smashfests as well.
Well in any event, if the community wants us to throw tournaments for smash, ect. Some one reliable get with us and help us to set everything up.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
What Fino said is correct. No one is getting on simply because of last tournament.

Meno ****ing under asshol water: That's my ****ing SD card...I thought JCVD told you...It has me 2 stocking affinity!!! I NEED IT TO WORK!

I stole it...

Yeah...

>_>

lol

:p

Steam

Smash Hero
Bad news guys, I'm not going to be able to come to the smashfest or the whatever it's called tourney this weekend. I was looking forward to it too =/

Bees!

Smash Ace
So is light in colorado for some reason
I don't have cash for this weekend's tournament
Ya that's what I heard he lives here now I think. But he lives in Durango all the way........................................................................................

over here.

Top Bottom