• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I had this amazing idea for Ike.

Reduce the ending lag of Ike's B-air by a LOT and make it so that it turns him around like Marth's B-air, so that he can do fancy spins with it. I want to see Ike being able to do at least 3 B-airs in a fullhop like this.

NNID
Budget_Player
WHERE IS IT?!?!? Have we all been trolled?!??!? (I actually know what happened, I just felt like saying this.)

Also, if Ganon receiving the knockback when his warlock punch is shielded is intentional, that needs to be removed.

Like, seriously.

That's just stupid.
Yes, you've been trolled. This project never really existed. -.-

We're late, okay?

I had a Brawl- Bowser VS Yoshi match against a friend and it was one of the most fun matches I've ever played! I was Yoshi and killed him twice really early with lighting UAir but he abused his invincibility frames and used DAir a lot which is really hard to shield/defend against. I think Bowser is probably the most broken character (well next to Luigi) in Brawl-. You can play without a shield and do fine just using FSmash, DAir followed by USmash. He's really hard to beat when a guy knows how to space well with him. Definitely better than Brawl- Ganon, CF and DK.
Bowser is not the most broken. He is, however, one of the hardest to fight if you don't know your character. At a low level of play, Bowser is bound to rip you apart because half of what you do won't really knock how away.

That is not intentional. That's an unintended consequence of having Ganondorf's Warlock Punch hitting for 666% damage and relentlessly murdering everything in sight. There's nothing the developers can do about it, except maybe put the IASA frames before the punch hits so that Ganon users don't screw themselves by punching another person's shield.

Otherwise, to BPC, Kirk, and everyone involved with this project, I thank you so much for everything you guys have done. Brawl Minus is an incredible game and one where I'll do my best to publicize it so more people can follow it. I'm kind of sad to hear that you're nerfing Luigi, since I instantly fell in love with him after using him (his combo ability and maneuverability is re-donkulous), but I have to agree that his instant, invulnerable, hit-box, combo-starting trip run was something that needed to go. Hopefully I'll be able to use him just the same when you guys make a more balanced version of him.

To show my gratitude, I'm going to be putting up Brawl Minus videos on my Youtube page so that people can see what this game is like. Seriously, this is an amazing game!
Good **** man. Also: wow, that's a lot of videos really fast. :V

I think one of the real highlights of this project is that they made MK's jab good.
It would be good if it didn't BUG LIKE A MOFO. >.<

MK's jab messes with the screen/display.
Yes, this happens. I don't know why or how to fix it, sadly.

I have all of my Brawl Minus footage on Youtube now. You can find my Youtube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ClaiXavier

This game is epic.
/thumbs up

I guess what I meant is, I have a stage hack for Battlefield, and when MK jabs on that stage, it literally messes with the screen so that no one can see the match.
It ain't the stage hack. :(

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Uh oh. You're missing a lot of things. I suggest you start by learning how to install Brawl+. When you can do that you can import Brawl- stuff easily.

Download Brawl+ SD Pack from the main thread and then go from there.
can somebody link me? It keeps glitching for me...

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Alright, trying out Phase 5, I have a couple bug reports.
1) Meta Knight's jab. It causes characters to glitch out graphically and disappear. Doesn't freeze, but you need to reset the match.
2) DDD's Fsmash is TOO BROKEN, especially in teams. Grounding a few feet in front of him, good. The entire field, Bad.
3)A few freezing issues. Game froze when someone removed their character select dot from Captain Falcon as someone else turned their character off. Game froze when DK landed on a platform on Luigi's Mansion while charging his Neutral B just as Jiggz destroyed the platform.

4) Lastly, not a problem, but Jiggz' shield is full of win and lulz and must be kept in no matter what.

Hopefully eventually we'll be uploading a team match with Gannondorf (Bob?)/Jiggz (Lord) vs DDD (DLO)/Captain Falcon (Hero) full of all sorts of Brawl- shenanigans.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Hey yall, I can't get mine to work.
On the SD Root, I have private folder, code folder DS_Store thing, and gameconfig text. Te wii reads the SD card is there, but not the data. what's up?
First of all, you need to have the Homebrew channel installed. If you don't have that, install it by checking this site out and following the procedures there: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel

Once you have that installed, you need the most recent version of Gecko OS. My suggestion is to install the homebrew browser (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Browser) and then download Gecko OS from there. There are a lot of other things you can get from that browser, such as a code manager if you want to mess with codes, but you don't need that for Brawl Minus.

Then you need everything from this link: http://brawlplus.net/downloads/gameconfig.txt Copy all of that, place it in a notepad, replace the question mark with the letter E, save it as a .txt file and put that in the root of your SD card (as in don't put it in any folders, just put it in whichever drive the SD card is).

Then create two folders in your SD drive: codes and txtcodes. Download the GCT from the first page and place it in your codes folder. Download the .txt files and place them in your txtcodes folder.

Finally, create this directory: private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter In the fighter folder, you need a separate folder for each character. Click this link: This one here and name the folders exactly as they tell you. Download the character .pacs from the first page (make sure it says Fit(Charactername).pac and nothing else) and place them in their respective folders.

That should do it. If Gecko says that the SD files aren't found, go back to your codes folder and make sure it says RSBE01.gct and nothing else.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
First of all, you need to have the Homebrew channel installed. If you don't have that, install it by checking this site out and following the procedures there: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel

Once you have that installed, you need the most recent version of Gecko OS. My suggestion is to install the homebrew browser (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Browser) and then download Gecko OS from there. There are a lot of other things you can get from that browser, such as a code manager if you want to mess with codes, but you don't need that for Brawl Minus.

Then you need everything from this link: http://brawlplus.net/downloads/gameconfig.txt Copy all of that, place it in a notepad, replace the question mark with the letter E, save it as a .txt file and put that in the root of your SD card (as in don't put it in any folders, just put it in whichever drive the SD card is).

Then create two folders in your SD drive: codes and txtcodes. Download the GCT from the first page and place it in your codes folder. Download the .txt files and place them in your txtcodes folder.

Finally, create this directory: private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter In the fighter folder, you need a separate folder for each character. Click this link: This one here and name the folders exactly as they tell you. Download the character .pacs from the first page (make sure it says Fit(Charactername).pac and nothing else) and place them in their respective folders.

That should do it. If Gecko says that the SD files aren't found, go back to your codes folder and make sure it says RSBE01.gct and nothing else.
Homebrwe channel? I've been able to run B+ without before. I can't use it anyway now that my wii is updated...
can I do this with geck w/po the channel or no?
and again, I can't find the current version of B+ to download. only the updater thing

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Homebrwe channel? I've been able to run B+ without before. I can't use it anyway now that my wii is updated...
and again, I can't find the current version of B+ to download. only the updater thing
You can still install homebrew with 4.2. I did. And the Brawl- GCT file doesn't have the disable custom stages code, so, it will be freezing every time you get to the stage select screen otherwise. Just google Homebrew channel. you can install it.

LopTank

Smash Rookie
I don't have any capture equipment or anything, so this is the only way I can record things to upload. This is the first time I've ever had a mass of videos up at one time, so I've never really had a need for them until now. I hear capture equipment is pretty pricey, though.
I picked up this little thing called EasyCap 2.0. It's a small USB dongle that captures your Wii's signal. I just picked up some AV splitter so I could route the signal to my TV and my Wii at the same time. The drivers are Windows only, however. (Thank jebus for a dual-booted mac, lol)

It was super cheap and while it doesn't capture in a high resolution, it still works very well for what it's worth. I use it to stream sometimes and it picks up the signal wonderfully. The only problem is my limited bandwidth, which causes me to cast at a lower bitrate. :<

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
You can still install homebrew with 4.2. I did. And the Brawl- GCT file doesn't have the disable custom stages code, so, it will be freezing every time you get to the stage select screen otherwise. Just google Homebrew channel. you can install it.
will I be able to continue with updates?

NNID
Budget_Player
Alright, trying out Phase 5, I have a couple bug reports.
1) Meta Knight's jab. It causes characters to glitch out graphically and disappear. Doesn't freeze, but you need to reset the match.
2) DDD's Fsmash is TOO BROKEN, especially in teams. Grounding a few feet in front of him, good. The entire field, Bad.
3)A few freezing issues. Game froze when someone removed their character select dot from Captain Falcon as someone else turned their character off. Game froze when DK landed on a platform on Luigi's Mansion while charging his Neutral B just as Jiggz destroyed the platform.

4) Lastly, not a problem, but Jiggz' shield is full of win and lulz and must be kept in no matter what.

Hopefully eventually we'll be uploading a team match with Gannondorf (Bob?)/Jiggz (Lord) vs DDD (DLO)/Captain Falcon (Hero) full of all sorts of Brawl- shenanigans.
MK's jab is an issue and we don't know what causes it. -_- It's annoying. The idea is broken as ****; it forces approaches against MK. Unfortunately, so is the execution. :laugh:

DDD's fsmash is too good? I'll keep that in mind when I nerf/redo him. Either nerfing the range or making it slip (fsmash->dash attack FTW?).

The random freezes are annoying, we'll look in to those.

The person making jiggz wouldn't let us keep the suicide shieldbreak without the massive shield. :(

Awesome, pro footage is good stuff.

I think you need the HBC at this point. Not sure; if you figure out stacksmash with it, let me know. :laugh:

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I was able to find the version of B+ 5.0 (which worked without HBC)
However, I do not know how to set up the thing from here. I can re-extract B-, but I don't know which files to keep, delete, or replace.

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Hehe, we're not pro, we're just able to keep up with state level people. I think Bob? was in contention for Minnesota's best bowser and lost out by a small margin though.

NNID
Budget_Player

Wario's just silly-- it doesn't seem right. Jiggz is stupid ridiculous too, from what I could tell. You can pretty much turn anything into a combo that ends in a rest that kills, or an unstoppable F-air wall of pain.
I don't think I really saw the whole cast in depth, though, so... blah.
I watched people play Pit and Fox and couldn't really figure out what major changes they got.

I like Zelda. She's my favorite, even above my main, Ike. I think her air dodge and spot dodge hurting people may be a bit much, but.. I think without it, it's probably not enough. Ah well. Just keep her as is. =D
Fox's changes are severely minimalistic; he got the changes from GSH1 Brawl+, tons of IASA on sideB, and not all that much else. He needs moar minus.

Pit was virtually unchanged, AFAIK... >.>
Jiggz could be too good. I told Anomalus that he should nerf uthrow... What's wrong with wario?

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, both Pit and Fox need some more minus. They both felt very Vbrawl ish (Though, I approve of the change to pit's Up B) .
A couple things to say about Zelda:
1) Din's is too small. I like the lingering hitbox, but, the explosion is just... tiny. Combined with its new speed.... well, Melee's din's fire was easier to hit with.
2) Her up B. Can you let her regain control (within special fall) faster? It's always been my biggest pet peeve with Zelda.
3) The extra graphic on her jab doesn't match up with the extra hitbox on it. It appears down to her right, and not a few feet in front of her, like the hit box.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
you mean like an SD card version (sorry, I really do not understand anything tech-like). That would be really sweet
You're probably going to need to have HBC to test Brawl-. Install it for 4.2. It doesn't guarantee that the next update will be safe but it's good enough for now.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Pikachu is waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too broken. One attack and dsmash kills.

PosthumusES

Smash Apprentice
Kill me for double posting, but Falco's F-Smash windbox is ********.

I literally just spam the crap out of it when the opponet is offstage or when I am onstage and want to be a **** about it :/

NNID
Budget_Player
Yeah, both Pit and Fox need some more minus. They both felt very Vbrawl ish (Though, I approve of the change to pit's Up B) .
A couple things to say about Zelda:
1) Din's is too small. I like the lingering hitbox, but, the explosion is just... tiny. Combined with its new speed.... well, Melee's din's fire was easier to hit with.
2) Her up B. Can you let her regain control (within special fall) faster? It's always been my biggest pet peeve with Zelda.
3) The extra graphic on her jab doesn't match up with the extra hitbox on it. It appears down to her right, and not a few feet in front of her, like the hit box.
1. Yeah I'll talk to Taro about that. I have no idea how he did that.
2. Zelda's upB is ****. >.> I gotta do something to the recovery to buff it, I guess.
3. Will try to fix, I guess... odd.

BPC, I'm on chat if you want to ask me character specific questions
Okie dokie. Peepz, get in here plox.

We should make a Yahoo IM room so we can discuss characters :)

I don't recall Peach getting changes either
You should get skype. :p There's a huge skype chat with all this **** going on, testers are needed.

Pikachu is waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too broken. One attack and dsmash kills.
Which pika? Is this the one where DownB spikes or semispikes? If the latter, you have the one by LeafBarret which is way outdated.
(the current pika by me is also pretty busted though)

Kill me for double posting, but Falco's F-Smash windbox is ********.

I literally just spam the crap out of it when the opponet is offstage or when I am onstage and want to be a **** about it :/
LOL. Okay, will be kept in mind...

EVERYONE:

www.brawlminus.com/chat.php

GET IN THE CHAT AND POST STUFF TO HELP US FIX THE ALPHA RELEASE UP NICELY

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
Ness is Falco. Holy **** shine combos galore

And breaking shields with pikachu's quick attack is LOL. Especially jiggs' shield.

Loving brawl-, awesome work guys :D

ss118

Smash Master
so are we ever going to get access to the pound 4 stuff? I know all my files are outdated, so it's hard to make comments when I don't have Ice Climbers, Zelda still freezes the game, and mario's fireballs still completely cancel.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
YES I AM BACK FROM LONDON.

I didn't get time to set up my Wii as a side-event during the tourney ... by the time pools and brackets were over it was 9.30pm and we had to start packing up -_-) but me and about 10 guys spent all Saturday night and Sunday morning playing it (this includes several of the best UK brawl players)

I kept getting this as the main answer: "Yoshi is ****ing broken. he's too ****ing broken."

I blame that more on me BEING GOD****ED GOOD WITH YOSHI, HAVING MAINED HIM FOR TEN YEARS XD but you get my idea. They loved it. They probably won't ever want to play it as a serious tourney-standard game, but for fun or side-events, it's amazing.

Anyways, I'm not sure what pack I now have (the one you PMed me Cadet - sorry about bothering, I was stupidly ******** Thursday evening) but I want to point out the following problems we found - if these are known issues and are going to be/have been fixed, please ignore this.

1) MK's jab STILL causes graphics glitches. I decided to test it and it immediately stuck a massive scrambled mess up on the screen .... it looks like it garbles the other players' models, since I paused the game, moved the camera and the mess was rotating around the middle of the stage, where a Marth had been beforehand. I only tried MK once in an actual match (on an SSE stage) and then banned him. I haven't managed to get the weird graphics bugs in training mode though. You think you might need to switch MK's jab back to vBrawl and work back up? It's like the size of the hitboxes is what's causing the weird glitches.

2) Ike's B crashes the game. Charging it doesn't, it's the release that does. other than that he's freaking amazing. Get ***** Roy.

3) Yoshi's U-air is still way overpowered in the pack you sent - I was killing people off the top of the screen at 70-80% and I was being johned at for performing "no-skill" 0-death combos. I'm just going to assume that you packed the wrong Yoshi, else assume that my friends just hate being combod. :bee:
YOSHI IS SO GOOD. I LOVE YOU MAN.

I was playing the above with a slightly outdated snaploader build (the one before you had SSS removed) through Neogamma, so some of the above could possibly be due to custom stages, the lack of a gameconfig.txt or just the fighter PACs being busted again :<

I'm still waiting on Neogamma R2 (the one with the 256-line limit abolished) as after that we can kiss goodbye to **** snaploaders, else if you know of an updated snaploader to the above and any other updates please send.

I'm going to take Brawl- to my next tourney (will be a local ranbat) and will try to take it to the brawl events at SmashGT in two months, to get some wider play involved. Regardless, you have yourself one hell of a game on your hands. ;)

K.Mac

Smash Lord
If the Warlock Punch is shielded, the pushback from the shieldstun punts Ganon straight off.

It's because of how powerful the move is. :]

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
The person making jiggz wouldn't let us keep the suicide shieldbreak without the massive shield.
LIES. I only increased the shield size as a suggestion from somebody else (for some reason I'm picturing your name during the chat I was in while working on the shield). I was initially against Jiggs dying in general. Her shield size wasn't something I was thinking about. I eventually came to like the idea of kamikaze. But the "massive shield" thing was only done per recommendation (the person though likely recommended it because they thought I'd be unable to complete the kamikaze shield). As of right now, I do think it's good to have her shield be bigger so it won't be too easy to inadvertently kill her - Just not as big as it is currently. Depending on how things go I might shrink it down a bit (It's currently bigger than Bowser's shield).

Jiggz could be too good. I told Anomalus that he should nerf uthrow... What's wrong with wario?
I did nerf U-Throw. It shouldn't be comboing into Rest any more. Heck, the only thing I would probably nerf at this very moment is FAir as it may be too easy to kill with. But Rest shouldn't be extremely easy to combo into unless the opponent simply isn't DI'ing properly. Well, more testing is necessary, and perhaps some videos will surface.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
After I played Lucas, I didn't see anything that was truely broken that would make him as good as the other characters. There could be something I'm missing, but I'm really only seeing the DACUS as being the most broken thing. Honestly, he needs something close to a 0-death. DACUS will only get 30 damage with nearly no follow-ups. My friend played link and got he has a **** combo with Boomerang-Arrow-F-smash-UpB. Lucas is also seriously underused in nearly all versions of Brawl.

Also update the OP.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
ahah what

have you use pk-steal-your-lunch-money(pk freeze) on shields? to gimp? or dsmash or usmash out of DA? or one dtilt into anything? or ftilt? pk fire??

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
You forgot Dsmash to ledge guard, TSON. Lucas got super changed, but, if all you do is bounce around using Nair and dair, you're not going to see anything.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Should we use the Brawl- forums to discuss character changes or can we discuss them here as well?

I know that you're nerfing Luigi, especially his invicible hitbox trip run, but instead of completely removing it, can you keep in the animation? Dash dancing with Luigi and watching him trip all over the place is insanely funny and I'd be very sad if you removed that completely.

I should also ask: where do you get the custom stages like Kirk does in his videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom