• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystery Dungeon--The PT Interview Thread: TYPH

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Dang, saw right through me.

Why did you pick the name "T-block"?

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
Reflex said:
Well, to start, I had no interest in music at all until about the 7th grade, and the only reason that came about is because I started playing Dance Dance Revolution. Before that time, I only really cared about video game soundtracks, and that's because listening to them gave me the enjoyment that came from the games themselves.

After that, I started to pay attention to the music I heard in various places--Stuff on the radio, or stuff my older brother or my friends listened to...Still, for every gem I found, I was left disappointed in the rest of the album, it seemed. I had various tracks that I enjoyed, but they were few and far between. There weren't any artists that I was familiar with that I could say that I enjoyed virtually all of their tracks.
Sorry, I know this is old, but I just had to pick it out because it's pretty much the story of my life.

Favorite pokemon (obligatory)?

Which pokemon do you think has the most potential as a standalone character?

Why is your avatar so cool?

T-block

B2B TST
lol would it be bad form if I answered my own questions?

Dang, saw right through me.

Why did you pick the name "T-block"?
I was pretty hooked on Tetris about a year ago... still am I guess. Simply put, it's the most powerful piece in standard multiplayer SRS with the T-spin mechanics (which is why you may have seen me say Get T-spin'd once in a while). It's also very good for fixing castle/pyramid structures in your stack, which is something you definitely don't want. Basically it does everything ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrqMGN9ANxM you guys don't even know =P

What good players have you played?
Not a whole lot unfortunately... my region is kinda behind when it comes to Brawl, although we're catching up (which is the only reason why I can pull something like 5th on the PR =P). I wanna get to some OoP tourneys soon, but money is kinda limiting me atm. Superboom is the best player in our region, and I've played him quite a few times...I always get ***** though. He uses Snake, so....yeah... he did make it out of pools at genesis, for what that's worth.

What do you think PT's best/worst matchups are?
Snake. Oh dear god Snake.... absolutely everything seems to work against you, but that's probably largely personal issues with Snake as well, as everyone here probably knows. It's stupidly hard for Squirtle to just go even with his lightweight and Snake's damage output, yet we have to rely on Squirtle to win this matchup =\

Best is Ness I guess? Even though I don't play that matchup very well lol. If we're talking about higher tiers, I think Wario is very winnable, and probably our best S-tier matchup.

What are some things you do with PT that you dont see others really do?

Any favorite tricks?
You've heard me say it a thousand times... Squirtle full-hop d-air, especially on taller characters. It ends at the perfect height above the ground to throw out a b-air or f-air just before you land. It's great with Squirtle's air manouverability. D-air to behind them, then b-air jab is really safe. You can also double jump into another d-air. Hell, you can even ISJR it.

I also think we need to switch a lot more, mostly in matchups where more than one pokemon is viable. This Squirtle -> Charizard -> Squirtle stock order and stuff can work, but in most matchups there's definitely a better strategy if you're not lazy.

Favorite pokemon (obligatory)?
Squirtle overall... always has been ever since my RBY days. I also think Octillery, Dugtrio, Farfetch'd, Buoysel are really cool.

Which pokemon do you think has the most potential as a standalone character?
Squirtle I think has the tools to do very well alone. Yeah he's got his weaknesses as Magik will say, but he's got a ton of options with his mobility and fast moves. That'll always give you room to outplay your opponent.

Why is your avatar so cool?
I don't remember how I came up with it actually... it's like I always had the idea for it. It just seemed to work out so nicely with my character main and such.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
T-block...what is one thing you'd like to improve with each pokemon?

also you should change the 'T' to 'C' so we can start calling you C-block... C0ck Block?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Are you in college/university now? If so, what are you majoring in? If not, what are you doing with your life?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Mr. T, I'm having a brain block and can't think of anything to ask you. Will you please ask a question and then answer it for me?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Week 2: Toby

PokemonMasterIRL said:
Toby What haircare products do you use and why?
I don't put anything in my hair, because it naturally sits in a semi messed up way that seems to work pretty well. I use Pantene Pro V shampoo and conditioner, or Garnier Fructus if I want to smell like fruit

Steeler said:
toby what's the most bad*** animal you've ever fought and destroyed
The most ****** animal I ever fought was rex the crocodile, a recent addition to Sydney Wildlife Park. I got a job constructing the enclosure for the croc, who was being moved there because he killed every crocodile that had been kept near him in captivity. So now he has a place to himself, which is a pretty good deal.

So yeah basically the day they brought him in on of the handlers was sick so I had to help drag him into the enclosure. Rex hadn't eaten anything for about a week, so he was pretty hungry and desperate for anything. Anyway we dragged this massive crocodile in and when it was finally time to remove his restraints, we quickly removed them and backed off. Before anyone could react rex twisted his head to the side and grabbed a guy in his jaws. He got the guys leg and just clamped down and would't let go. Of course pretty much everyone freaked and bolted.

Initially I ran, but then I realised that since this was the wild life park there were plenty of ways I could help the poor son of a *****. I ran to the kangaroo enclosure which I knew to be next to the crocodile area. When I got there I whistled to get them near me and then hopped in the pouch of the biggest 'roo there. From that point we sped through the other areas with me reaching out of the pouch and grabbing animals that would help - a koala, wombat and of course two drop bears.

We also stopped by some treas so that the koala could eat some leaves because he was a bit hungry.

We hopped back through the doors of the crocodile exhibit in time to see Rex eating two men at once. Now I'm sure you're all wondering what I could have done to combat the problem, but rest assured I had thought of a solution. The most important thing to realise is that koalas exist on a strict diet of eucalyptus leaves. They also have very stubby arms and rather thick fur, which means that a large amount of highly flammable eucalyptus oil ends up soaking into the fur of the cute little animals over a period of months and years.

I had a living explosive and all I needed was a match! It was then that I remembered a samurai movie I had once seen in which the two warriors run at each other with their swords pointed at an angle to and touching the wall beside them. The result was that as they ran, sparks came from the sword scraping the wall beside them.

I knew what I had to do. I grabbed the koala by the scruff of the neck, and winced with pity as I saw it's cute little eyes open in surprise and pain as I began running at the crocodile the the koala pressed against a nearby wall. Koalas have incredibly sharp claws, so the effect was like having 10 little knives scraping along the surface.

The croc saw me as I approached, and as I saw it turning to face me I felt an immense wave of heat erupt from my little mammal friend. My manly eyebrows were instantly scorched off as the koala transformed into a fiery ball of terrified mammalian destruction. I threw the koala up into the air, and used the distraction to hurl myself at Rex with all the force of a runaway train. My fist connected with his hard exterior at the same time as the flaming koala, creating an explosion that disintegrated his body and sent me flying through the air.

I had won.

The end.

Btw yes i forgot to use the other animals I picked up before.

Steeler said:
when are you coming back to america
As soon as possible! I hope I can come back around my birthday (july), but it's really going to depend on the extent of my uni work and how much money I can leech from various employers. As it is it is very likely that I'll get back to visit you guys for a couple weeks sometime during this year. If I get another job fighting crocodiles I should get enough money to visit you guys in a few months

MaTA said:
Toby...how many hours do you spend researching PT...how often do you achieve success from it?

and yes haircare is important, do tell
When I play by myself pretty much the only thing I do is experiment with applications of moves and AT's, frame traps and so on, so in that respect I do quite a bit of research. Recently the amount of time I spend in training mode has been far less, because most of the most useful developments in the PT metagame seem to come from discussions over AIM and working through our frame data and hit bubble database. So anyway to answer your question a little more directly, I probably spend at least a few hours a week researching PT. Usually I week doesn't go by without me checking to see our options for punishing a certain attack, how to make true hydroplaning more applicable, and so on. I would rather call it satisfying my idle curiosity rather than actual research, though.

Zigsta said:
Toby, what's the number one stereotype that Americans put on Aussies that's actually false?
There are so many!

A LOT of americans ask me whether I have a pet kangaroo, and they generally believe that everyone in Australia has the bush as their back yard. In reality there aren't any kangaroos hopping around the place because there are people and houses in the way. Sure, there are country towns that have kangaroos about, but most people live a suburban lifestyle devoid of the stereotypically australian country elements. Most australians know nothing about farming, hunting, outback survival, and so on.

Side note: you could technically have a pet kangaroo, but they are creatures that live in groups. You couldn't really have a pet kangaroo without having a whole bunch and a lot of land somewhere. Good luck trying to stop a kangaroo from escaping when it can run at ludicrous speeds and jump higher than you are :p

Also red kangaroos will just attack you. They are giant, aggressive, impossible to outrun, and have a kick that will kill a grown man in one hit. Get *****!

When americans ask me whether I have a pet kangaroo (and if I think they are serious) I tell them that I do, and that I ride in it's pouch to work every day. A lot of people have believed me <3 <3

Bomber7 said:
do you have a pet Kangaroo named joey?
Yep! Actually his name is Skippy, and I ride to work every day in his pouch. It's pretty gooood.

T-block said:
What matchup is the most fun to play in you opinion?
My favorite matchup is definitely Donkey Kong. I don't really feel that all three pokemon have a solid advantage here; DK has some fantastic moves that counter a lot of our usual options, and can usually beat us in the air or the ground as long as they guess right. DK generally survives longer and kills earlier as well. I suppose I like it because there are a lot of situations where both players have the chance to land high reward strings and gimps from smart reads. It's a refreshing change from matchups like marth and metaknight, where we lack both the options to make them guess and the ability to substantially punish their own mistakes.

Ivysaur is especially prone to gimping in this matchup, but by the same token Ivy can gimp DK at almost any percent as well, except with a little bit more risk and a lot more satisfaction. Bullet seed is also more double edged than ever: a whiffed or shielded bullet seed will cause us to lose the stock from super low percents. If we land it DK players SHOULD DI out of it and take no damage, but they don't. So it's pretty great:p

Once we land the bullet seed we still can't kill DK until crazy high percents, but spaced fairs, nairs and bairs are very satisfying against fatties. The fact that DK gets a free dsmash if he shields the nair also makes it quite exciting.

Squirtle dies instantly and has some pretty good strings. We can also bair his recovery and force him into our upsmash. DK's uptilt beats all our attacks and aerials. It basically boils down to us having to land ridiculous strings without ever getting hit, which is actually fun against DK because he is both large and unable to air release **** us like everyone else.

Charizard and DK are fairly even, and there isn't anything that one character has that the other one can't counter - with the exception of charizard's spike of course - and they can both handle the fight on air and ground. This makes this matchup really dynamic and interesting, with lots of sudden low percent kills, tight spacing and once again none of the amazing stupidity of the top tier matchups. One of Charizard's major flaws is his lack lustre short range game, and dk can't really abuse that in the same way as falco, for example.

I have to go, but I'll answer the rest of T-Block's questions later.

<3

T-block said:
What's your least favourite stage?
That's a tough one, but Yoshi's Island and Brinstar are pretty high up the list of annoying stages. Funnily enough I CP people to brinstar all the time. I just don't have fun doing it

Most good characters can abuse that stage better than we can. Yoshi's Island isn't particularly terrible, just annoying. Squirtle's recovery takes a bit of a beating there against certain characters.

T-block said:
What's your favourite stage for PT? Is there one you default CP to?

I usually have a bit of trouble choosing where I'm going to take the opponent. I like Castle Siege and Halberd quite a bit, but more often than not I'll find myself taking most people to neutral stages. By the second or third match I'm usually fairly confident in reading the other player, so I gravitate towards stages that won't get in the way of the final crucial reads.

Vermy said:
Hair care advice, drop bears, combustible koalas and the age-old Aussie lol of "Yes we use Kangaroos as transportation". Toby, you have even moar of my eternal wubs. I suppose I had better ask a question.....

And since I am a vain, selfish, attention seeking S.O.B, I will have 3 parts.

1. Can you find a method of transportation that is both safe and secure for sending me a B*stard Burger from Burger Fuel? In turn, i will work on designs for your "ASH MOTHERF*CKING KETCHUM" T-shirt

2. Can you please tell all the kiddies and Poké-bros that I am the most ******ingest looking PT main, and
that I will eat their families?

3. When you come down to Melbourne next and we team, LIKE WE WERE SUPPOSED TO IN SYDNEY AND AT THE FINAL MELB TOURNEY </3 can we wear suits, sunglasses and loads of bling?

Note: I am posting this at 2:10am and I may not be in a 100% right state of mind right now =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
1. I could put the burger in a little ouch and strap it to Charizard, near the tail. That way it'll stay warm while it flies to you

2. Telling people about your look is only something that can be done whilst sitting around a campfire in the middle of nowhere. Next time I have that opportunity I'll make sure to tell everyone about your familial eating habits =P

3. You know I love to wear suits as much as I can. I don't have much bling to wear, but I can dress up for the occasion no worries.

PokemonMasterIRL said:
Hey Toby can you tell Vermy he is bad like you told me.

<3

(Maybe why he isnt teaming with you.)

pokewhore.
I already told Vermysaur that he has a long way to go. Considering that the last time we spoke about vermy/the last time I saw him play was several months ago, it's highly likely that he's improved a lot since then anyway.

I know you're just saying it so that he'll work to improve more, but...
:/

<3

J-Birds said:
When are you gonna come to QLD and train me? <3
I'm on mah way right now!

Zigsta said:
What were your impressions of America after your visit? Did your visit change your view of America at all?
Well my impression of the American is that it is generally a bit more aggressive and generally louder than Australia. There were a lot of people who surprised myself and the other Australian's with their almost hostile competitiveness. On the other hand I also met a bunch of lovely people who I couldn't fault in any way, so it's not like I think that all american's are looking for a fight or somesuch

I've done a fair bit of traveling around the world, so I like to think that I'm open minded enough not to have an opinion of the country as a whole when I only really spent most of my time in Cali hanging out with smashers

Bomber7 said:
If I were to move to Australia, would you want to hang out?
Definitely. I like to hang out with everyone. I could show you around Sydney and introduce you to an entire network of interesting and attractive people :D

typh said:
are you tired of questions about australia?
When it comes down to it I have to accept that a large portion of my internet identity is based on the fact that I'm That Australian Guy. At least it lets me make up silly stories.

tankzortz said:
whats your worst matchup?
Definitely the Ice Climbers. A lack of moves that are safe on shield makes this matchup super annoying the moment we lose squirtle. It also sucks when they SDI Ivysaur's ftilt so that they pop out behind us and get a free grab. Suuuuper lame!

That having been said, even though it's my personal worst matchup, there are definitely harder ones. Marth is a terrible character that molests my soul every time I have to play against him. He ***** us in pretty much every conceivable way

<3

typh said:
toby you are really a special magical person

?

that's a question

i don't think i have any real questions because we've talked about pretty much everything already

btw i know i don't play pt very much anymore but i'd love to be interviewed
right back at you. it's a pity we didn't really start talking until after i left america =(

Meteor Master said:
Will we eventually land our Bullet seed - PK Flash combo again?
I'm positive that we will land even greater things in the future!

Meteor Master said:
Toby: What would you name the following?
The best moment of my entire life.

Zigsta said:
What's your favorite Pokemon?
Well of the three my favorite is probably squirtle.

Of all the pokemon...that's a lot harder. Ninetales and Dragonair are around the top of the list though. Ninetales appeals to me for its intelligence and mystical, psychic qualities that make it a lot more interesting (and good looking :p) than most other fire types. Dragonair is known to give off a calming aura and can change the weather, both of which are qualities that I like a lot.

I'm also a big fan of Marowak, Sandshrew, Farfetch'd and many more

Bomber7 said:
I got a very important question. Do you have an Outback Steakhouse in Ausie? If you do or have ever heard of one, is the food accurate to Australian cuisine? I just want to make sure I'm getting the real Australian experience when I go there.
We have a few, but people pretty much never go there.

I actually went to one in Vegas for the lols. The food is not authentic at all, and is just American food with dumb australia related names :p

We trolled them pretty hard...it was very fun.We made up a story about a (fake) popular australian seasoning called outback sand, among other things.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Week 3: Steeler

Zigsta said:
You scared to be interviewed or something?
nah, these questions are pretty tame. :p but there are a few guys that deserve to be interviewed before i do. and i'm pretty uninteresting, i'm not australian or anything. <3 toby

Zigsta said:
On a more serious note, since your Steelers aren't in the playoffs, who are you rooting for?
i was rooting for san diego but they totally fell flat against the jets so iduno. i guess the saints, simply because this would be their first super bowl.

Bomber7 said:
Steeler, will you change your name and avi to what it originally was before it became just Steeler? Even if it is just like a month.
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan that name sucked. i was only 15 when i made that. i don't even know what i was thinking, i guess i didn't consider the fact that i'd be a longtime member here. i didn't visit smashboards for a year and a half so i should've just made a new account at that point. oh well.

i might do it as a joke sometime. the avatar is good though, it was my pic from the time i joined til sometime last year i think. pretty sure chillindude was the only other person with it. my "anniversary" of signing up for smashboards is in a few days so i might do it.

Chuckles_KSU said:
How about, best KO of all time?
okay, this one takes the cake. there's this good ness main in colorado named timotee and after the last tournament i attended there, we played some friendlies before the kansas group went back home. on yoshi's island, i gimped his ness...with an offstage bullet seed. i don't remember if i hit him or hit the head of PKT but either way, it was pretty hilarious.

Chuckles_KSU said:
Also, one more. Did you know that THIS is one of my Favorite Smash vidoes.
no, i didn't know. :O

T-block said:
What's your favourite matchup and why?
i think it might be wario. i just like the advantage in horizontal spacing that PT (squirtle has it the best) has in that matchup. plus all three pokemon have good vertical ground moves as well, which helps keep wario out. the only thing i dislike is the fact that wario kills at 60% and PT struggles to KO sometimes.

T-block said:
What's your least favourite matchup and why?
i think it's snake. he's a *****. i use wario for that matchup now.

T-block said:
What is PT's worst matchup in your opinion?
snake. it's one of the worst matchups for all three pokemon. heavier than charizard, more range than ivysaur, comparable attack speed (on the attacks that matter) to squirtle? wtf?

T-block said:
What is your favourite stage to CP to, if the matchup doesn't strongly call for a specific stage?
i like halberd. close boundaries help PT KO early, and that's more important than living longer because of stamina, squirtle's weight, and ivysaur's recovery imo. the thing i don't like about the stage is that charizard has no room to operate on the floating platform but it's not a huge problem against most characters.

T-block said:
Is there one move, sequence of moves, or specific tactic that you think other PTs should be doing more?
b-reverse stuff with flamethrower/rock smash and hydroplaning are great individual techniques.

but really, the most important thing is learning how to be patient and mix up your options with squirtle. poking too. ftilt is amazing for that. just watch this video of reflex to see what i'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbODX...4D4E69&index=3

Zigsta said:
It's known that you wanted Squirtle to be in a Smash game ever since the original. If Squirtle wasn't one of the three Pokemon, would you still play PT?
depends on what the three pokemon were. if it were some other combination of the kanto starters, i would. kanto's the best. probably still would if it were some other generation of starters. there aren't many other smash characters that i really like. mewtwo was my favorite in melee but he didn't make it back. :s samus and toon link are cool but i don't do well with a patient playstyle. my mind feels like i'm not really accomplishing anything if i'm not breathing down the opponent's neck. i need to work on that.

tankzortz said:
if this wasnt asked already, why is squirtle your favorite?
i don't really know. i was in 4th grade and i was looking at the original 151. squirtle just seemed to be the coolest one. he had a really cool color scheme and ash's squirtle was just bad***. i remember being upset when i got pokemon yellow because i thought i couldn't get squirtle.

Zigsta said:
What exactly is Brawl Soccer?
brawl soccer is the latest and greatest sensation to come out of the midwest. here's what you do:

1) find 3 friends
2) hack it so you can play on wifi training room stage
3) set it to teams
4) pick a "goal post", aka an edge of the stage
5) now you and your teammate must advance the sandbag to the other side of the stage into the opponent's goal post. most goals in certain time limit wins.

there's some gay stuff you can do so there's usually some rule that says wario can't eat the sandbag or something. other than that, shiz is tooooooooo fun. certain characters are great goalies, others are good forwards, some are just plain not good.

Magik0722 said:
Will the matchup thread ever be updated?
if enough people are up for it and will provide deep discussion on each matchup then sure. magik if you really want to, you can make a new matchup thread, it's cool. i think you'd do a great job...but if no good players discuss the matchups then it's kind of pointless imo.

Zigsta said:
In that case, how do the three Pokemon stack up in Brawl Soccer?
squirtle's a really good forward, his aerials have great base knockback and are quick and WATER GUN ***** FACE

ivysaur's pretty terrible overall, but usmash lets you "stall" for a bit by sending the sandbag really high for 10 seconds at a time

charizard is mediocre, rock smash lets you do a lot of damage to the sandbag if you want a more offensive strategy and have a good, quick forward. he's not that good as a goalie, he has that extra jump and that's about it

Bomber7 said:
Steeler, do you think the Saints have a good chance of making it to the Super Bowl this year and if they do, do you think they can win it?
i think they can beat the colts but they have to force turnovers on defense and put plenty of points on the board

PokemonMasterIRL said:
Is it bad if I have rugburn on my junk from making to much love?
why would you make love to a rug?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Week 4: Magik

T-block said:
What's your favourite matchup and why?
PT vs Snake, although its a heavily disadvantaged matchup, there are some weaknesses and habits snake mains have that are exploitable, you really have to outplay your opponent here and it just feels good when you win.

T-block said:
What's your least favourite matchup and why?
Marth, It feels like im not even playing the player, marth can auto pilot the matchup and still win by a large margin

T-block said:
Marth of course by far

T-block said:
What is your favourite stage to CP to, if the matchup doesn't strongly call for a specific stage?
Rainbow Cruise, it hurts alot of characters and i think PT is really good there as long as you stick to squirtle / zard which is easy with all the zero switching

T-block said:
Is there one move, sequence of moves, or specific tactic that you think other PTs should be doing more?
Hydrogimping and charizards fair, also i wish people wouldnt be so dependent on squirtle, squirtle is the worst pokemon out of the three and has several extremely easily explotable weaknesses that he just cannot overcome, sure he looks flashy but that hardly matters. Also hydrotaunting.

Steeler said:
]magik are you coming to no koast 3?
As usual I will try, depends on my crew but its just so far, maybe i i get a job before then ill fly out, of corse that would be after i have saved enough money to go to austraillia

PokemonMasterIRL said:
What race do you main in SC? And what is your fav build order?
I main Terran in SC, my favorite build order is mech in a TvZ, vulture harass is extremely good early game, it kinda hurts mid game against mutaling as goliaths have trouble against that, but if the game goes into late game, you won. No questions asked.

PokemonMasterIRL said:
What is your current pokemon team?

What if your favorite gimmicky pokemon team?
Ill asnwer both pokemo questions in one

my gimmicky main team is

Jirachi, Blissey, Heatran, Sceptile, mamoswine, Starmie. Its a gravity team, which is a field effect that has alot of different effects but the two main ones are that first it increases accuracy of moves by 60%, and the second is that flying and levitate are not immune to ground type moves. This lets me use powerful moves like dynamic punch on jirachi, blizzard and thunder on blissey, earth power and magma storm on heatran, grasswhistle and focus blast on sceptile, and thunder and blizzard on starmie. My mamoswine is scarfed and throws out extremely powerful earthquakes which only an extreme few pokemon in OU resist under gravity.

PokemonMasterIRL said:
I have ICCUP now lets play.

And wow that Grav team seems fun, I have been trying so hard to make a viable grav team.

EDIT do you have Gravity on just blissey and jirachi or on starmie too?
Um i would play but im not home right now

just blissey and jirachi, i havent made a post HG/SS team yet, but gravity got improved alot by it. Still i think my current gravity team is probably close to the best you can get, so far I've won 3 out of 4 tournaments with it

Zigsta said:
What's your favorite Giovanni avatar you've used thus far?

MaTA said:
Magik... what would be your advice for newbies picking up PT?
Don't

Or watch my video tutorial

Zigsta said:
You said Squirtle's the worst of the three Pokemon. What makes Ivysaur better than Squirtle, in your opinion?
Ivysuar doesnt get gay'd like squirtle (as much) Squirtle is just a horrible character, play a friendly and ask your opponent not to approach you, just stand their and attempt sheild grabs. Ivysuar is a good character just has two weaknesses, being gimped and not being able to KO. Both of these are fixed by switching to zard.

Zigsta said:
What episode is that image in your sig from? I don't remember it.
I dont kno the name of the episode

T-block said:
You have some very interesting ideas about PT o.o

How is "being gimped" fixed by switching to Zard lol
Well at low percentages if you play near the center of the stage you wont get gimped, at higher percentage switch to zard.

Zigsta said:
What advice would you give me specifically to improve my PT?
I havent seen your PT in such a long time i wouldnt know

Zigsta said:
Where'd you get your name from?
Magik is a acronym
Man
As
Gaming
Is
Known

My brother and I played Starcraft alot when we were young, i tried to make a name that would go along side his alias (Wizard) and i came up with that acronym

Zigsta said:
How did you meet Danny? :p
Danny was my nextdoor neighbor and his older brother and my older brother were friends so sometimes we'd talk as well.

Bomber7 said:
do you think mudkip should be a pokemon in Brawl that you can throw out of a pokeball? Do you think he should be like mole and constantly say "So I hear you leik Mudkips?"
Not sure i understood this, but sure why not, but i wish marowak would be in brawl (my favorite pokemon)

Zigsta said:
So what is the 0722 in your name for?
It has to do with my first relationship

Chuckles_KSU said:
My favorite interveiw thus far... If I had a dollar for every shield-grab... :/
yup he sucks

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Alright everyone, I finally finished cataloging all the previous interviews. To view them, click the individual links underneath "Previously asked Trainers."

T-block, I seem to remember you participating in an anime discussion a while back in the social thread. What anime do you watch?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
What do you think is PT's hardest matchup?

What's your personal favorite matchup?

If you could change anything about PT, what would it be?

T-block

B2B TST
Thanks for drowning out my responses with summaries =(

I'll repost them here lol...

T-block...what is one thing you'd like to improve with each pokemon?
Do you mean personally improve, or what I would change about each pokemon? I really want to incorporate more shellshifting stuff into my Squirtle game. I've been trying to bring true hydroplaning into my game, and I'm gonna get around to doing more hydrojabbing. I feel like I don't fully take advantage of what Squirtle can do yet. For Ivysaur I'm not sure... get better at walling people I suppose? My Ivysaur just needs work in general. Charizard I think I wanna get better at ISJR... I never got good enough at it to use it effectively, and there might be some potential in it.

also you should change the 'T' to 'C' so we can start calling you C-block... C0ck Block?
There's no letter that can top 'T' when it comes to blocks, mkay?

Are you in college/university now? If so, what are you majoring in? If not, what are you doing with your life?
Yeah I'm in my second year at the moment. Computer Engineering - Nanoscale System Design Option is the name of my program, but it sounds a lot more hardcore than it is =P It's basically engineering computer hardware, with an emphasis on the nanotechnology side of things. Nano is the future ;D Lately, I've been pretty interested in the software side of things too... we'll see if it actually takes me anywhere. Ever since junior high I was pretty sure I was going to enter engineering - math/physics-ish stuff were always my stronger subjects. I'm a pretty big nerd >_<

Mr. T, I'm having a brain block and can't think of anything to ask you. Will you please ask a question and then answer it for me?
This is for you Bomber:

Pictochat is easily my favourite stage in the game, and it's pretty **** nice for PT too. If the matchup calls for a lot of switching, Pictochat will always be a strong option in my mind. A lot of the transformations allow you to switch, and most of them let you Baton Pass when they disappear <3 Closer side boundaries are good for PT, and our strong grab game lets us take advantage of hazards. All in all, if I'm not CPing against the character, but for PT instead, I'll usually go here. I think it's our best CP against MK outside of Green Greens or Yoshi's Pipes.

Zigsta said:
T-block, I seem to remember you participating in an anime discussion a while back in the social thread. What anime do you watch?
Did I ever talk anime here? o.o I actually never watched that much, and I don't watch anymore really. It's mostly mainstream stuff, so, hardcore anime watchers, don't read this response. I thought Death Note was really good... as was Haruhi. I did the Bleach and Naruto thing a long time ago, but I got bored of those pretty quickly. Also, Lucky Star is the best slice-of-life drama ever created <3 You should all go watch it right now lol

What do you think is PT's hardest matchup?
Asked already: "Snake. Oh dear god Snake.... absolutely everything seems to work against you, but that's probably largely personal issues with Snake as well, as everyone here probably knows. It's stupidly hard for Squirtle to just go even with his lightweight and Snake's damage output, yet we have to rely on Squirtle to win this matchup =\"

What's your personal favorite matchup?
PT dittos are suuuuuper fun... I think it could get pretty deep too, if both players are willing to switch around. Outside of that, it's probably Bowser. You can do stuff to him like you can to DK and D3, except he can't **** you back ^^

If you could change anything about PT, what would it be?
If I had to pick one thing, I'd make the switch time a lot faster, and possibly have less cooldown when you come out of the pokeball. The fatigue system isn't necessarily poorly designed here, but it's often impractical to switch as often as the system suggests we should. Either way, I feel switching more is relatively unexplored at the moment, so maybe this change isn't even needed =P

If we're talking individual pokemon, Ivysaur would get good air speed, without question. I'm talking like...Squirtle/Lucas air mobility. She'd be much more viable as a character, being more effective at walling characters with her moveset, being more able to chase falling opponents horizontally with u-air, and just being less gimpable as well. Honestly, I don't know if I'd change anything about the other two. Maybe speed up Charizard's d-air for the lulz

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Do you ever consider dropping PT for Diddy Kong?

What MUs do you use Diddy Kong?

T-block

B2B TST
Like every day. But I think about dropping Diddy for PT just as much.

Snake, GaW, Pikachu are probably the only characters I'd go Diddy for sure on. The rest would depend on whatever I felt like I guess.

T-block

B2B TST
Around January 2009 I guess, when I made this account. I've actually been on Smashboards for a lot longer, with a different account. I bet no one can figure out my old username =P

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Next up is PokemonMasterIRL. Bring on those questions!

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
is it true that you are thor god of thunder

and that you eat ****ing slabs of baby back ribs at work

and that you drink

a lot

???

what's your favorite/least favorite matchup and what's the biggest thing you think PTs need to work on?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
How's the rugburn going?

How do you fare against ranked players in Cali?

T-block

B2B TST
What do you like about Jigglypuff that makes you want to play her?

I've been playing a lot of puff lately too lol

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
If you could change PokemonMaster to something else.... what would you use with IRL?

Have you ever got really freaked out before a match because of the person you had to face? if so who?

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
is it true that you are thor god of thunder

and that you eat ****ing slabs of baby back ribs at work

and that you drink

a lot

???

what's your favorite/least favorite matchup and what's the biggest thing you think PTs need to work on?
I regularly will sit down with either a slab of baby back ribs or just a pound of meat ( pork or hot links or sliced brisket) and eat that with a beer.

i consider that pretty much a perfect meal.

i work at a BBQ place.

I really enjoy fighting Fox/Falco/Wolf because you can combo the **** out of them or gimp them.

I like fighting Wario or Marth because their are high tiers that we can do **** stuff to. (Not just get massively ***** like DDD Snake and MK, <--I know we can do stuff to them too.)

I think all PTs Reflex Toby Magik included (even though they are all better than me) need to work on their OoS game and their Charizards, except maybe Magik, his is acceptable.

How's the rugburn going?

How do you fare against ranked players in Cali?
I havent shagged anyone in a while so its gone for now.

AND

I have played Tyrant, Mike Haze, Hall, DEHF Inui, Erow, Zex, Sky, Junk, Michael Hey, Dsf, Dao, Tc1, and Sean.

I have taken friendlies of of DEHF, DSF, Tc1, Junk, Sky, and Michael Hey.

Last time I played Zex's Marth in tournament I almost 0-deathed his Marth on BF on his last stock when I was at like 160% as Squirlte, he came back and tippered me.

I Salty matched him (Counterpicked the same level with same character) and he went Falco. ^___^ (*** marth)

And then it was last stock but he won.

Same thing with Erow's Snake I lost but both games went to last stock.

I am really suprised that I am/was able to hang with such good players because I only play 1 or 2 times every couple months now that I moved.

I will get some vids vs power ranked players soon if I go to a melee/brawl tournament.

I kinda suck these days from inactivity. But last saturday I went to a melee tourney and played some brawl friendlies and was beating a guy who i used to lose with soo hmmm... I was also using Jigs too. ^_^

What do you like about Jigglypuff that makes you want to play her?

I've been playing a lot of puff lately too lol
I CP Battle Field if I am serious or Pokemon Stadium 1 if I dont really care.

I want to start CPing RC and Halberd a lot more.

Pts worst matchup is MK or DDD.

If the DDD plays it right I feel it is unwinnable. With the difference in weight and Kill percents plus his great off level game and the CG > Dtilt on Zard and Ivy.

All PTs should be Flame Canceling more with Zard. Nair more with Zard.

More Dair with Ivy.

More Ftilt with Swquirtle. And much much more WITHDRAW!!

I like jigs because I always play low tiers.

She is good, you just need to have perfect spacing at all times. Winning with her is LoLz and satisfying and fun.

Are you on the Taco Bell diet?
I am thinking about it.

What do you think about the Saints beating the all powerful Colts in the Superbowl?
Dont care.

If you could change PokemonMaster to something else.... what would you use with IRL?

Have you ever got really freaked out before a match because of the person you had to face? if so who?
ThorGodOfThunderIRL? hhahaha

I had to play the legendary Isai first round of the melee tourney I was at this saturday, pretty **** intimidating.

LOL.

Kantō

Smash Champion
way to not answer my question.....

im pretty sure there isnt any but are there any CG's on anyone with any of the pokemon ?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
way to not answer my question.....

im pretty sure there isnt any but are there any CG's on anyone with any of the pokemon ?
Chillax. Your question will be answered eventually. Miles had to go through a lot of questions.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
how useful do you find true hydroplaning?
Well I find it to be about as useful as wave dashing.

(It is slightly more limited since we cant do it OoS like a wave dash or do it from a stand still)

Maybe I should have compared it to moonwalking or sticky walking with Falcon in melee.

I think it has tons of uses but those are up to us to find out. And how to apply.

It is a great mindgame.
It adds a lot of flexability to PTs game.

We used to all spam forward hydroplane when it was first discovered. Now we only save it for precise and planned kills when we know it will land and as a mix up or as a follow up at mid percent combos.

I think in time once we see some one apply it well or we figure something out ourselves we will see it develop and broaden in its uses.

EDIT

I suck at this answering stuff.

It is useless right now. We have zero applications.

In 2 years Id say it could be what defines the character at high level play. It adds nearly infinite variables to our spacing game.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
One question IRL why do you love my tag so much and off the top of your head how many different variations of it can you possibly come up with everytime you see and respond to my posts LOL?

Do you have nicknames for your Ivy I named mine grass pig, also is yours a boy or girl?

Lastly what has brought you to like zard's n-air so much and have you tried RAR'ing it? I deffinitly like the results I got due to the change in the tail tip hitbox.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
One question IRL why do you love my tag so much and off the top of your head how many different variations of it can you possibly come up with everytime you see me post LOL.

Lastly what has brought you to like zard's n-air so much and have you tried RAR'ing it, I deffinitly like the results I got due to the change in the tail tip hitbox
RaRing it is good, I remember Reflex posted something about it a while back and (maybe it was Magik) and got me messing with RaRing it.

Nair is good, great coverage, it covers several options at the same time. Its good against Air dodges and side steps (brawl anyone?) and it just has so many uses.

I actually hate your user name and think it is ********. I get a sick humor from mocking it.

I am also bad at english since Russian is my mother tounge.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Haha well I agree I hate the user name too lol, I wish I could actually get it to be my gamer tag but either way yea RARing it causes that tail sweetspot hitbox to rotate first giving the more ALOT more priority.

But anyway Do you have nicknames for your Ivy I named mine grass pig, also is yours a boy or girl?

Top Bottom