• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Interview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Why the **** did my name search pop up here?

And my posts aren't even fail. You never even give me a chance after I ****ed up that one time.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
now I can start thinking you have a nutella jar on your desk "ready-to-use", lol. gluttonous glaceon~ HEY! don't hide it! share some! >:O
**** now I want some too. :/
also good luck with thrz, auto :D
I wish.... I really want some now too. @.@

And yeah, @~auto: if you can get a full interview out of Anther, I'll pay you a(n imaginary) dollar. It's definitely not gonna be easy.

Why the **** did my name search pop up here?

And my posts aren't even fail. You never even give me a chance after I ****ed up that one time.
No, you fail 95.2% of the time. I used REAL SCIENCE to come up with that number.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Questions for Anther:
What control scheme do you use? (default or?)

Do you wish Pichu was in Brawl?

If he was would you play him?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Guys, this is for asking Anther interview questions, not mm'ing him or asking him for matches -- especially multiple times.

If you really want to mm him that badly, VM or PM him.

Speaking of which, how is phi1 doing, KayLo?
I dunno, I don't talk to him. o.o He is the science guy, though, isn't he?

I'll post my questions for Anther lateeeer~

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
-sees the many WEREKILL'S A GIRL references in Kaylo's answers-

That makes me sad... At least we both agree on twi-dumb. :p

Anthrz questions:

Thrzy! -tackle hug-

Mang, what's your favorite type of music?

WHO'S THAT POKEMON?

If I have 2 cookies and give one away to Susan, how many does Tom have?

How old are you?

If you had a choice and could choose only one, would you give the world Truth or Beauty?

Favorite show?

Favorite kind of pocky?

NYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! NYU NYUUU! (?)

Have you ever been arrested?

What do you prefer in a woman?

How much do you weigh?

Do you like cats-nya?

What pets do you have at your house?

How many times have you ran a stop sign while driving? Any speeding tickets?

If you're the best Pikachu player, who's the best Geno player?

What's the worst time that you've been in the hospital, if you have been in there for your own medical reasons?

Vaporeon is amazing, yes?

What musical instruments do you play?

More will be posted if I can think of any more.

altairian

Smash Lord
Man, I'm afraid anther will never answer this many questions lol

So I'll keep it simple:

What was the first video game you played?

Did you do anything special to get good at Brawl, or did it all just come naturally for you?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
My questions for Thrzyyyy~

You always say Pika's a squirrel when he's CLEARLY a rat..... why are you lying to the people?

How bad do you feel about completely b****ing out of Pound 4? :mad:

You still rockin the bandanas, or have you moved on?

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Annnthherrr..uh.

Do you...have a...favorite book or genre to read?
Favorite cartoon or movie? Do you still watch cartoons for that matter? :p

Oh I am so lame these are the only things that came to mind.

Ephyon

Smash Champion
*thinks*
*chooses words carefully*
hmm...how does it feel when other players ask you for playing tips and stuff like that? do you feel honored, do you think it's annoying, you feel like you must "carry the flag"...?
in short, how much does your own "reputation" affect your gaming experience?

Anther

Smash Champion
Hmmm.

Respect get for KayLo! on her answers to her questions (though I won't point out which ones).

=====

I only have three questions for Anther:

1) What made you pick up Sonic for a short period of time?
2) What's your favorite Pikachu set up? Or, what is your favorite move to land with Pikachu?
3) Why Entei?
... Winning was very easy, so I picked up other chars to make the game more even, plus I also thought sonic was severely underestimated. ;0
My favorite moves to land are ... offstage moves. =x
I don't remember why entei... I was looking for something else... but ... I don't know quite what...

I got questions for thrzy!

1. Shouldn't Pikachu still be able to tail-spike in Brawl? I think so.
2. What's up with the Sims?
3. Why did you cheat on Starcraft?
4. Why is Lain so lame?
1. It SHOULD have way more knockback ;0!
2. I don't wanna talk about it
3. shh ;_;
4. Teh drugs

Why Pika?
Do you even have a secondary?
Do you, at all, miss Pichu?
Would you accept a $5 MM in Guitar Hero, best 3/5 songs?
1. I have secondaries when I'm feeling a secondary.
2. I'm so glad he's gone. I'm sure they nerfed aspects of pika because pichu was in melee just so pichu could have some "Faster" traits. (Quick attack landing lag, wall jumping, and aerial moves ...)

Questions for Anther:
What control scheme do you use? (default or?)
Defaultsies
Do you wish Pichu was in Brawl?
;00000000000000000000
If he was would you play him?
;00000000000000000000... ;000000
anther:

lets do a 20$ mm

ur pika vs my snake best of 5?
;D
-sees the many WEREKILL'S A GIRL references in Kaylo's answers-

That makes me sad... At least we both agree on twi-dumb. :p

Anthrz questions:

Thrzy! -tackle hug-

Mang, what's your favorite type of music?
I don't... really know anymore... It was definitely heavily rap and hiphop oriented about 6-7 years ago, then I started to like other genres to the point that l just have random collections of music that don't even make sense very often being appended to my itunes playlists....
WHO'S THAT POKEMON?

If I have 2 cookies and give one away to Susan, how many does Tom have?
... Somewhere less than a couple, but something more than love ;___;.....
How old are you?

If you had a choice and could choose only one, would you give the world Truth or Beauty?
The Truth of Squirreuty
Favorite show?
Unfortunately... 24 and Smallville x.x...
Favorite kind of pocky?
I've only had one sort of Pocky, and it was .... well.. it was a pretzel with frosting on it. ... ;[
NYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! NYU NYUUU! (?)

Have you ever been arrested?
Arrested Development was a good show too =D
What do you prefer in a woman?
... Jasmine ;]
How much do you weigh?
I don't wanna talk about it. Somewhere above empty but way below full.
Do you like cats-nya?
No, I've never quite seen a cat that gets beyond the kitten phase and is still a fun pet. Ok.. There was one, and it would play fetch... but then while it was playing with me it scratched me INSIDE of my fingernail... ... ouch ;___;
What pets do you have at your house?
A diamond, she's a Bichon Frise
How many times have you ran a stop sign while driving? Any speeding tickets?
I ran a stop sign once, and was caught. I was trying to think about how to save gas, and creeped through it was like 7 miles per hour, which is about as slow as most people slow to it... but since I was cruising that speed the entire time I was driving, I got pulled over >=/. I wasn't going to get a ticket, but it took me like 15 minutes to find my insurance... and they had to give me a ticket for that I guess, since it was already written........ >=/. No speeding tickets, I don't see why peeps risk'em the majority of the time.
If you're the best Pikachu player, who's the best Geno player?
Wats a Geno
What's the worst time that you've been in the hospital, if you have been in there for your own medical reasons?
I've fractured several bones...

Vaporeon is amazing, yes?
Si, , pero amo a mi perrito
What musical instruments do you play?
Piano

More will be posted if I can think of any more.
Man, I'm afraid anther will never answer this many questions lol

So I'll keep it simple:

What was the first video game you played?
There's a video of me 3yo playing Pole Position on the atari, and me pointing at the screen exclaiming, "I qualify!, I qualify!"
Did you do anything special to get good at Brawl, or did it all just come naturally for you?
I thought a lot about people's reactions and my own, practiced things I wasn't consistent at, and... played a lot, mixed with those 2 ingredients. Plus Pika's sxy.
I set kaylo as my temp stopping point. ;B

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
"I qualify!, I qualify!"
That sounds so adorable. Aww toddler Anther.

neji32

Smash Lord
Anther i got a question(s)

1)If you had a choice, which of the two would you pick?

2)Why have you ignored me? =(

3)Why havent i seen you lately? 3 1/2)Where have we been?

4)If you could pick the best pokemon, which would you choose? (but it can't be pikachu and must be rayquaza)

PZ

Smash Lord
ANTHER QUESTIONS:
When did you start your smash career?
Was you nervous during your driving lessons and/or test?(cuz im having second thoughts)
Are you afraid that you do horrible at a tournament if so give me an example
Do you like noodlez?:lick:
Do you personally think marth isa threat anymore cuz i notice him to be pretty even now a dayz?
Is olimar your toughest match up or is it mgw cuz its 2010 we need to find our new enemy! martha no threat:p

Anther

Smash Champion
Neji I didn't mean to miss your questions. I was actually more shocked that the multiquote button worked and didn't check to make sure I got everything. ;;....
*gets back into spilling his personal information*

Anther

Smash Champion
My questions for Thrzyyyy~

You always say Pika's a squirrel when he's CLEARLY a rat..... why are you lying to the people?
Why are YOU lying to the people? :mad: I actually wanted to answer that like a politician.. but ... instead I'm revealing who you really are -.o!
How bad do you feel about completely b****ing out of Pound 4? :mad:
It was a very twitchy weekend for me, not gonna lie. I spent way too much time yelling at a live screen tv and pretending I had a gamecube controller in my hand...
You still rockin the bandanas, or have you moved on?
I quit for a week... and then I got stressed out from school.. and it hasn't left my head since... No exceptions. (Except for everyday when I take a shower)
Annnthherrr..uh.

Do you...have a...favorite book or genre to read?
I like reading.... computery articles... and wiki pages.... and going for walks on the beach while holding flowers... yeah..
Favorite cartoon or movie? Do you still watch cartoons for that matter? :p
Nothing I can think of right now at this 3:00am in the hour of the morning. I watch cartoons if they're good, there's a certain maturity line cartoon network and nickelodeon crossed a few years ago... I didn't think it'd happen anytime in my lifetime.. but they definitely messed up somewhere... I think it's because I took my eye off of them..
Oh I am so lame these are the only things that came to mind.
*thinks*
*chooses words carefully*
hmm...how does it feel when other players ask you for playing tips and stuff like that?
I like to help when I feel like I can, or something I can relate to or talk about... There are times when the only tip possible is to practice and try to get better instead of just playing and accepting things if it really matters to you... (And technically there are a lot of things about playing the game competitively that shouldn't matter... except for the having fun thing, and then there's a bunch of typing I'd have to do about weighing happiness and where you're spending your time and such....) .... ... .... (bleeds through the question this was supposed to be typed after)do you feel honored, do you think it's annoying, you feel like you must "carry the flag"...?...I think they're valid, sometimes unwarranted questions... but everyone's looking for that lil push in everything they do, and..... I'm just bad at pushing when it comes to verbal motivation. You just have to lose to me a lot and want to get better. I'm best at that one, I don't mind beating peeps all day till they get mad at life... (points at lain and judge.... ..... and omni... ;x..)
in short, how much does your own "reputation" affect your gaming experience?

The reputation is the awesome part. I think I started off joining the community with nothing but the intention of making a skilled reputation for myself, no matter the costs. Luckily I picked Pikachu to do it... cause he's fun, unique, and awesome in melee and brawl.
Anther i got a question(s)

1)If you had a choice, which of the two would you pick?
Neji, that's kinda a question, but it's like a sentence without that... that... no.. a car.. that's cruising ... without that noun driving it....
2)Why have you ignored me? =(
See, if you ever paid attention to everyone else, including my eccentric girlfriend, ... I'M NOT IGNORING ANY OF YOU >=o!!!.. I just vanish and the dust doesn't have a voice....
3)Why havent i seen you lately? 3 1/2)Where have we been?
;_;. I dun wanna talk about it. I blame you though, you stopped hanging out with the cool kids.
4)If you could pick the best pokemon, which would you choose? (but it can't be pikachu and must be rayquaza)P.... .... rayquaza ;_;..
Who is next? I vote for Prime, Kenny, or me. :pPriem!!

edit: Btw nice answers, lol.
=D
ANTHER QUESTIONS:
When did you start your smash career?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=94675&highlight=Michigan+unite ;_;. The bracket's gone since recently though >=[!
Was you nervous during your driving lessons and/or test?(cuz im having second thoughts)
I'm always nervous in real time sort of tests, like normal people. If you've drivin and follow the rules, just do it, how's it gonna hurt? Fail once, pass the next time ;p. ..... I failed the offroad retardly, the tester knew my mom's mom and went on word of faith.. but.. I did only lose 1 point on the on-road part of the test... ;D
Are you afraid that you do horrible at a tournament if so give me an example
This'll take... too long to answer... x.x;;;... maybe another day XD.
Do you like noodlez?:lick:
Do you personally think marth isa threat anymore cuz i notice him to be pretty even now a dayz?
He still seems to get way more hits in than I feel like a char should get on me every so often... but it's also been a while since I've played marth on the for realsies.
Is olimar your toughest match up or is it mgw cuz its 2010 we need to find our new enemy! martha no threat:pXD

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Rofl..... I can't read Anther's answers with a straight face.

But I really posted to say: Anther, you should watch Avatar: The Last Airbender. Dunno if you've seen it before, but it's one of the last good cartoons left on Nick (well, now it shows mainly on Nicktoons, but you can also find it online).

Anther

Smash Champion
I watched a bit of it when it was marathoning itself. It was pretty interesting, I wish I wasted 16 hours of my life to watch the entire series, lol.

Oh yes.. And to the noodles question... Noodles... I dabble in noodles....

THIS IS MY CABINET

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Anther, I hate you.
All those noodles, and you've never shared with me. Not even ONCE.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I want Prime to go next.
Thats....a whole lot of noodles!

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Here are my questions.

At what level did your pika learn ****? or did you use a TM?

What are you majoring in?

What are you currently listening to?

Any funky trips lately? (doesn't have to involve Lane [anti name search spelling] or abstract though patterns.)

Do you want to play CvS2 with me?

If I happen to be in the area would you cook some tasty pasta for me?
I'll have a nice botle of porto or other fancy shizz if you do.

Do you sing in the shower?

Since the discussion in the SBR is back again, What's your stance on MK's legality? Justify your answers and reasoning in the booklet provided by your instructor.
Totally not ban worthy right?

If Microsoft is so big then why isn’t it called Macrosoft?

----------------

K prime is getting our gang **** of questions next!

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Your name, what exactly does it mean?
If I met you irl, would you shake my hand?
You've become pretty famous for getting drunk and chatting in the xat. How often were you actually drunk?
Pichu, right?
What brought you to Pika anyway?
What do you play outside of Brawl?
Bonus question: "Two Minutes to Midnight" or "Living After Midnight?"

J4pu

Smash Champion
Anther Q's

How does it feel to be one of the few top players that make brawl matches actually enjoyable to watch?
Why don't I ever see you use the Uair > Footstool >lock or repeat combo anymore? it's like everybody forgot about this after the new Dthrow CG potential was discovered.
Does my post count = your join date make this post win?

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Anther:

Worst Pika matchup in your opinion?
Why can you always seem to land the fthrow to usmash even at points that it shouldn't work anymore?

Anther

Smash Champion
Here are my questions.

At what level did your pika learn ****? or did you use a TM?
It was a gradual thing. I mean, ya know, everyone's typically at some ...60ish or so level, but I just rare candied a little bit more for that extra edge, and then found a special TM that I'm very glad I encountered.
What are you majoring in?
Computer science, and ... I have freaking biology this semester x___x;
What are you currently listening to?
I had a really interesting answer when I first read this message,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFpoKThDP2w
Random playlist, don't judge me.

... random out of 9 songs x;....

Any funky trips lately? (doesn't have to involve Lane [anti name search spelling] or abstract though patterns.)
naah...
Do you want to play CvS2 with me?
Never played it. :(
If I happen to be in the area would you cook some tasty pasta for me?
I'll have a nice botle of porto or other fancy shizz if you do.
Hellz yeah! I love any moment I get to put on an apron...

Do you sing in the shower?
If the shower was like a car where I could get out and not have to look my roommates in the eyes afterwards... hell yeah. Those are the best showers when it does happen, you know it.
Since the discussion in the SBR is back again, What's your stance on MK's legality? Justify your answers and reasoning in the booklet provided by your instructor.
Totally not ban worthy right?
The pro-ban evidence imo is all over the place and not very consistent. I was leaning toward ban but I've gotten to the point again where I think pika's matchup is about even with mk again x.x. MK gets really broken when you quit for a while. I'd be up for the ban, even though I think it's almost more morally wrong to ban him than keep him around, but luckily I'm not a super moral person >=B... I'm anti-ban because of the arguments the pro-ban sides have, and the hoops we'd have to climb through just to ban him regularly.

If Microsoft is so big then why isn’t it called Macrosoft?
*sigh*.. computers are so sexy...
----------------

K prime is getting our gang **** of questions next!
Why are you so awesome, Anthre?
Because I have my kpriem there to make me awesome ;; :colorful:
Your name, what exactly does it mean?
Originally it meant nothing, I thought it was a random name I'd given to one of my stuffed animals and used it when I first got into the internet. Very exciting times. A couple search engine searches later revealed it's the practically the testicles of a flower. Hell yeah.
If I met you irl, would you shake my hand?
Would you scratch my back?
You've become pretty famous for getting drunk and chatting in the xat. How often were you actually drunk?
XD wut
Pichu, right?
What brought you to Pika anyway?
I liked pokemon a lot when nin64 version came out.
The game stored stats, so I made all my underling siblings have a permanent character.
Melee came out, I stuck with pika. Upon dabbling with the competitive crowd, several people told me pika was bad and I should pika a new character, but I always had the thought that if I just did something better, the matchups would close in or become winnable... and it happened.
Then brawl came out and pika's like one of the best in the game, so... shizam.

What do you play outside of Brawl?
Karina and Tag tricked me into downloading and playing UNL, which I won't get links and explain right now, but it's basically a Touhou loli fighter that's really really really fun x.x.
Bonus question: "Two Minutes to Midnight" or "Living After Midnight?"
yes.
Anther:

Worst Pika matchup in your opinion?
Hmm... Possibly Marth. I'm finding him more unbelievable than I used to, lol. I love fancing diddy and mk, call me crazy.
Why can you always seem to land the fthrow to usmash even at points that it shouldn't work anymore?When it gets down to it, it's all about what you believe in. lol

10 char

Edit: oops missed one
Anther Q's

How does it feel to be one of the few top players that make brawl matches actually enjoyable to watch?
Hells yeah. That actually makes me pretty proud. I like being entertaining.
Why don't I ever see you use the Uair > Footstool >lock or repeat combo anymore? it's like everybody forgot about this after the new Dthrow CG potential was discovered. Also.. I think the uair shenanigans were popularized after the cg was brought to light..It's so hard to pull off. I def think of it often, but... setting it up, especially against better people is so difficult XD.
Does my post count = your join date make this post win?
dang 2005 D:DD:

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Yeah, I kinda thought that we were done with the Anther portion of the interview, and we were all asking questions for Prime. Those weren't meant for you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom