• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Froho I think you just challenged me to make Hanenbow good.

Why did you do that? That's just annoying. I didn't want to have to do this one. I don't even know what to do with it right now. I guess we'll have to wait and see... jerk.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
and as for my progress list:
nothing

froho, wheres that skyworld sans top platform at?
i need a better hex editor, but i can get that to you. the hurt boxes will still be there, but removing the top parts isn't a problem now.

Froho I think you just challenged me to make Hanenbow good.

Why did you do that? That's just annoying. I didn't want to have to do this one. I don't even know what to do with it right now. I guess we'll have to wait and see... jerk.
lol good luck. none of the ideas we've had are any good and the layout is just terrible.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
For Hanenbow, reduce the stage to just one plant. Grabbable edges on the bottom leaf only. Hitlag can stay so long as we get rid of Skyworld's.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Why do people seem to think that every leaf on the big tree has a ledge? It doesn't; only the bottom one has a ledge.
For the same reason people think brawl+ spear pillar has pokemon on it. We don't play the stage often enough to remember. D:

I don't hate Hanenbow. I just find it forgettable. Maybe I should play Electroplankton so I can learn to appreciate it.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I think someone should look at the camera settings for NPC+ before it officially goes into B+. During the last smashfest that I attended, a lot of people noticed how the camera was zoomed out much farther than for other stages at all times, and had complaints about it.

And this thread needs more activity... :dizzy:

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I might look at the npc cam today. I might do it tomorrow. But I'm warning you. I am not feeling motivated. Maybe somebody could just tell me how to modify the camera zoom limits.

What does everyone know about hurtboxes? Their shape... are they cubes, spheres, sausages? Uhm... how do I change them? Nothing? K. Me either.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I've been lurking this thread. xD

Froho/MK26. When do any of you guys want to take a crack at SMI+
i'll take a look later.

I might look at the npc cam today. I might do it tomorrow. But I'm warning you. I am not feeling motivated. Maybe somebody could just tell me how to modify the camera zoom limits.

What does everyone know about hurtboxes? Their shape... are they cubes, spheres, sausages? Uhm... how do I change them? Nothing? K. Me either.
i took a look at NPC+ last night and we do indeed need to swap the camera from a different stage. i'd recommend WW due to stage size (may be wrong, though).

as for hurtboxes, they differ, but usually match up to the model being used. which box are you looking at?

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
When you talk about the camera you're referring to SceneData[0] > blahblahetc > camera0 correct? I would like to play with the Vec values but I can't edit them in BrawlBox and it doesn't give me an offset. Lame.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I tested the first one, the boundaries are a bit small i think, I will try the second one :)

EDIT: This one feel pretty good FroHo
EDIT2: Still it's a little far, but it's just a great stage :)
EDIT3: After a playing a couple of matches, I think the camera is alright. If you tweak it a little more I will test it out some more tomorrow, gonna hit the bed now, class at 7am tomorrow :(

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I came up with four ideas of platform arrangements for Hanenbow+, but as I have no workings of any hacking programs, I just drew them out.

Oh woops wrong image that's my friend keith with a broken arm in 1960's hawaii while hercules and thor fight over the love of a snail

First off- all of them have the top left camping zone removed entirely for obvious reasons.

The bottom leaf is also static for every arrangement, but this can be changed if it's needed.

The dashed lines indicate the platforms that can be hit and moved.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Nice ideas for Hanenbow+

I'm leaning towards 3.

I like how the leaves move when you hit them, and as long as the bottom set of leaves don't move, and that little leaf stays solid, it should be fine!

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I was thinking something similar to #4. I'll give options when I make it so don't worry about pumping out ideas. But I'm not even going to bother with it until we figure out how to move or remove hurtboxes so...

I can't think of a way that the moving leaves contribute to gameplay if they aren't on the bottom. If they're on the bottom you can mess with someone trying to sweetspot the ledge. If they're above... you can... move up and down slightly with multi-hit smashes. Useful...? The moving leaves are just really annoying and I don't want them.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I'm back!!!

had problems with my main computer which has the sd card reader, but now I can start and download new stuff to try/test :D

the OP looks neat, need to download all the fixed stages :)

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Maestro :D

I have a request ^^

can you put the code(s) with all the stages thats have been done so far (reversed/frozen stages) it's just that... my Summit+ isn't working and I've tried just more than 5 times... looking the code up and on and on... and it's still not working >.<

over all, all stages work just fine ;)

Edit:

Sorry for Double post >.<

didn;t knew nobody else posted after me :(

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
this is the code i'm using now. it has some extra stuff in it that relate to stages not done/released, but it shouldn't interfere with any stages normally played:

Level Freezer[Phantom Wings/Almas, 9 Lines]
42000000 90000000
0416A904 00000000
2A180F3A 00000017
0416A904 3F000000
2A180F3A 00000005
0416A904 BF800000
2A180F3A 00000014
2A180F3A 0000001C
2A180F3A 00000020
2A180F3A 00000007
2A180F3A 0000001F
0416A904 3FD99999
2A180F3A 00000031
0416A904 3F800000
E0000000 80008000

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I found them here:
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=54109

But does being 2D images hurt them at all as a stage? It looks like they can be played on, as seen on the Saffron City stage. If so, you guys should make them Brawl+ worthy. Who hasn't wanted Smash 64 stages in Brawl since it came out? I really want them, especially Metal Mario's stage, since it wasn't playable before. I think it was only playable with GameShark codes on an N64 emulator. =P

^This one came with a link!
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kzj1nez3iok
this is it... my fav stage of smash 64... texture or not... I will play on it...

Edit:

Got the YI:M one

Thx Hobo :D

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I loved Peach's Castle in Smash 64. <333

Hyrule Castle and Dreamland 64 are awesome as well, but I love Peach's Castle the most. I'd think that Peach's Castle would be harder to make though, due to the moving platform.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Can someone plz email me a premade brawl+ 6.0 near gold gct which includes the neccessary codes to run these stages??

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Ok, I've tried FD with the fixed ledges...

(does Marth's up b)

HOLY ****! These ledges are ****

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
WHOA THERE! Big aesthetic problem alert:

On Summit, with that jut of ice in the middle....it juts out TOO far. sometimes, parts of characters are overlapped....you know what I'm talking about? The ugly jut of ice in between all the platforms? Well, you need to find a way to move it backwards somewhat...it covers parts of characters up when you pass over it....go see for yourself! Also, the edges of this jut that touch the actual ice are not fully...connected. especially the right edge of the jut..if you pause and use the camera and go to the right angle, you can clearly see it.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
WHOA THERE! Big aesthetic problem alert:

On Summit, with that jut of ice in the middle....it juts out TOO far. sometimes, parts of characters are overlapped....you know what I'm talking about? The ugly jut of ice in between all the platforms? Well, you need to find a way to move it backwards somewhat...it covers parts of characters up when you pass over it....go see for yourself! Also, the edges of this jut that touch the actual ice are not fully...connected. especially the right edge of the jut..if you pause and use the camera and go to the right angle, you can clearly see it.
this has been there from the beginning. if i move it back any more then there will be a huge gap in the stage (right now its just a small gap). i'm surprised you haven't noticed this before :ohwell:. try rolling to the left on the bottom platform with bowser. crazy stuff.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Did anyone else notice that Dedede bonks his head during his Up-B, even when he goes through the blocks at Yoshi's Island Melee+? Is that supposed to happen?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Speaking of Summit+, you know how some people were saying how it's "too vertical", as in the platforms are too high up and it could warrant a y-axis shrink? Well, playing at a Smashfest yesterday, I noticed how the top platform is pretty much never used, and the previously swinging platform (the one farthest to the left) is also rarely used due to it being mildly high.

I though up a layout that is both unique, but also solves these programs, among others.
Start off with the original Summit, get rid of the ice platform and move back the center piece just like before. But here's where it's different: instead of moving the right platform lower, move the top platform to be at the height of where the right platform is in the current Summit+, but center it between the two other platforms. (And add in the ledges & wall-jumpable lower walls, of course.)
With that, you'll get a pretty symmetrical layout like this:
Code:
---     ---
   -----
 ==========
This will make the stage less vertical-oriented, have a low enough platform so that you can naturally reach the higher ones during battle, all while giving it a more unique yet natural, symmetrical layout, instead of the awkward layout that Summit+ currently has. Not only that, but that awkward hole fix (it's better than the big hole, but it still stands out quite a bit) will be unnecessary, since the right platform will still be where it originally was, thus not causing that hole to be uncovered.
The upper boundary may have to be moved down a bit. (But it should still be higher than the average stage, to keep it having the same character counter, etc.)

It might be more work for a "finished" stage, but I think that this layout will make the stage much more playable than the current Summit+.

And it would nice if there was a code that makes the clouds and swinging platforms function (maybe with a longer timer, though), but without it ever sliding down the mountain, but that's only something extra, as the stage is fine without it.

Top Bottom