• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

UncleSam

Smash Master
wait wut Samus vs. Bowser?
isn't that obvious?
oh wait it never is >_>

O-M-G I think I can give Samus the Shock Coil

JOE!

Smash Hero
she allready has electrolaser.

a nd now bowser also has firebreath, and the varia suit's heat resistance i dont think would be *that* good

on another note:

how many times could Pika shock someone, granted he misses/misfires?

also, how is (insert a portion of his weight here) of nitrogen being broken down nigh instantly? Enzymes speed **** up for sure, but a fraction of one's body weight instantly?

Sieguest

Smash Master
how many times could Pika shock someone, granted he misses/misfires?

also, how is (insert a portion of his weight here) of nitrogen being broken down nigh instantly? Enzymes speed **** up for sure, but a fraction of one's body weight instantly?
Depends on how many Nitrogen bonds Pika breaks down to use for shocking.

Also, Pika wouldn't break down the whole of those bonds at once. That would only give Pika one shock. Although Sam's number accounts for the watts if Pika did that. Only portions need to be used at a time to maximize the tactic.

And even then, an eels 1000 watts in water can kill a human, and apparently I had nerfed Pika to 1500 watts before the biochemistry approach.

1500 watts could be produced by just breaking two out of the who knows how many present in at least 3lbs(?) (Pika is roughly 13lbs correct? If I remember reading some posts correctly.) and if 1000 is enough to kill, then 1500 is no sweat in killing.

UncleSam

Smash Master
she allready has electrolaser.

a nd now bowser also has firebreath, and the varia suit's heat resistance i dont think would be *that* good
Well that depends JOE, what's the heat of Bowser's fire and what materials is Samus' Power Suit made of?
anyway for the Shock Coil; at first I was looking for ways to make the light beam plausible and I ran across PSD or Photon Stimulated Desorption

basically what it does is manipulate photons to deconstruct a sorbed composition of atoms.
basically the beam de-constructs whatever molecular structure is built.
(http://www.uksaf.org/tech/psd.html)
so by firing her Shock Coil at Bowser it will weaken the structure of wherever she hit and she can finish him with electrolaser (wave beam?) shots.

here's the dilemma: we need exited electrons to release Photons.
so I'm trying to decide between Hydrogen or Boron
Nova says Hydrogen,
I'm still on the fence,
halp me out guyz.

wooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh a beam that travels at 95% the speed of light, and a beam that travels at the speed of light? **** just got real son.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Sam

I always saw the electrolaser being the equivilant of the Shock Coil, not Wave Beam :/
Seems to make more sense imo

Annihilator is OHKO mega blast laser since JOE's allowing Space-Age technology.
Why must Samus have the dinky ol' Varia Suit when she should have a much better suit?

w/ê ßõwšęr's sčrèwēd ëīthėr wåÿ

@JOE

Why does Bowser have fire now?

UncleSam

Smash Master
Apparently Pikachu with Nitrogen bonds in it justifies Bowser with fire breath.
nah, that'd be ******** and biased.
NOVA gives an explanation on how Bowser can have fire.
I should tell him to post it now (if he's here)

@Sam

I always saw the electrolaser being the equivilant of the Shock Coil, not Wave Beam :/
Seems to make more sense imo

Annihilator is OHKO mega blast laser since JOE's allowing Space-Age technology.
Why must Samus have the dinky ol' Varia Suit when she should have a much better suit?
hmm, then would PSD still be the light beam?
I can deal with that.
In RL it's just a mobile suit or whatever it was discussed earlier I forgot when, I think it was during the Spacies one, you know the one where everybody was being all fanboyish towards Fox.

Sieguest

Smash Master
nah, that'd be ******** and biased.
NOVA gives an explanation on how Bowser can have fire.
I should tell him to post it now (if he's here)
I know Nova said something on it, I still have the PM from him, but remember JOE! was raging that if Pika gets his body full of nitrogen that bowser gets his fire breath >___> for no apparent reason....

UncleSam

Smash Master
I know Nova said something on it, I still have the PM from him, but remember JOE! was raging that if Pika gets his body full of nitrogen that bowser gets his fire breath >___> for no apparent reason....
hence why it's ******** and biased
yeah I know.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Sorry US, spent the day w/ the mistress so yea...
Anyway, this is what I have in regard to Bowser breathing fire. I t can be applied to Charizard, and maybe Yoshi depending on what everyone thinks.

Ok so I looked up Bowser, Zard, and maybe Yoshi having the ability to breathe fire in real life. So let me get started...

So for fire to live, it requires three things: fuel, heat, and oxygen. Oxygen is a given due to air, so the other two need to be explained.

Now for fuel, let's do a little chemistry. A combustion equation is a combination of Carbon and Hydrogen combined with Oxygen to form Carbon Dioxide, Water, and energy. So, to apply this to the brawlers, they need a gas. That's where methane comes in. Methane is formed in the body naturally in the intestines. So all the brawler would need is to direct the methane to the lungs. SO where would the methane go? It would go to the bladder. In reptiles, their bladder doesn't function like ours does. It's not a part of their urinary tract at all. So the methane can be stored in there as a waste product of digstion. There it would be stored and pressurized. Then all they need is a tube connecting from the bladder to the mouth (think how snakes use venom). Considering the usefulness of bladder in reptiles, it could be plausible. And since the body makes methane in abundance due to digestion, it wouldn't be a one shot deal so to speak. There would also be a sphincter with voluntary control to regulate how much methane to be used. This way, we have no back draft, and really no need for a false palate.

So now we only have the heat problem to take care of. All they really need is a spark to get it started, and I can just insert US's idea of generating a spark. Another idea is the grinding of their teeth together to generate a spark. Or this:
http://animal.discovery.com/videos/dragons-firebreathing-explained.html

The combustion would take place in the mouth. The oxygen would be taken in from their lungs to breathe. They would contract the bladder of stored methane and expel it to their mouth. When they inhale the oxygen, the combustion takes place and they exhale carbon dioxide and the heat energy. A spark is generated simultaneously by hormones or grinding teeth, and the flame is produced. To cease the need for fire, they would stop contracting their bladder, cutting off the fuel for the fire and stopping the fire completely, without the need for a false palate. Questions?

scraping bone isn't really going to start a spark.
Oh I got it, quite simple actually, nervous cells create sparks to relay info between eachother, so obviously the nervous cells located near wherever the spark is going to be made is the exact cells that will formulate when the character would want to breathe fire.
From US in regards to a heat source.

@ US
I still think Hydrogen is teh way to go since you can fit more in an enclosed space. Although boron yields more energy, you can use 5 Hydrogen atoms in its place. I'm too lazy to do any math right now though.
Now you made Samus unstoppable....I doubt even you can contain her power now...Guess you didn't see Jurassic Park and how controlling things can be bad lolol...
@ Guest
Nice avatar...finally abandoned Wiggles...lol...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Funny. I saw that vid/have the book for a long *** time now, never felt like bringing it up. Too many "falsepalletorgtfo" arguments going on to think anybody'd buy it.

JOE!

Smash Hero
@sam:

i was saying that because you argued Pika would be cool with 13lbs of nitrogen in his body.

also: i let falcon and the spacies have their lazer pistols, i didnt give samus the murder beam :lick:

REL38

Smash Lord
@sam:

i was saying that because you argued Pika would be cool with 13lbs of nitrogen in his body.

also: i let falcon and the spacies have their lazer pistols, i didnt give samus the murder beam :lick:
By giving em' full usage of lethal lasers, that's the same as giving the okay for space-age technology.

Realistically, a hand-held laser won't do jack.
According to space-age technology, lasers are lethal.

I see no reason as to why Samus can't also have a lethal laser.

@Nova

iirc
Yoshi only uses fire when he eats fire melons
He doesn't use it on will like Bowser or Charizard.

@Adumb

You just wanna get poor ol' MK banned
I heard it on p2w
D:

Pokemon Z RPG

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZRPGHD
3DS FC
0602-6462-1864
I'd have to say Samus would take this one. That charge shot of hers would do quite a lot of damage in reality and even with Bowser's fire breath, Samus could just keep her distance from him and shoot missiles, and such. This wouldn't be difficult to do either because of how huge and slow Bowser would be. Incinerating time! Haha!

But, if you guys wouldn't let Samus have her lethal lasers, the match would be very close, I think it's only fair she gets her lasers, though.

JOE!

Smash Hero
2 things:

1st, bowser isnt as slow as you make him specifically due to his size. Remember, he can cover like 2390813907123 x the distance in one stride that you could with your legs.

2nd, where would samus store all these missiles? Or "charge" a shot?

Pokemon Z RPG

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZRPGHD
3DS FC
0602-6462-1864
Since when is Bowser fast when he's lugging a shell that probably takes up a good amount of his weight?
That's what I was just thinking. Plus, Bowser is supposed to be much bigger than they put him off to be in the video games, so that increases the weight even more. Even with here bulky armor, Samus could avoid any attacks and be able to shoot Bowser with ease.

JOE!

Smash Hero
what I am saying is that simply due to his stride he'd be fast.

Perfect example is the giraffe, their stride is so huge that when they are moving SLOWLY, a human would have to RUN to keep up.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@Adumb

You just wanna get poor ol' MK banned
I heard it on p2w
D:
Lol, I've been one of the most consistent anti-ban personalities around. The fact that I wish from the bottom of my heart that MK was banned does not mean I believe there is sufficient evidence to ban him, or more precisely that it's possible for there to be sufficient evidence to ban him due to lack of a rigid criteria (something which I want people to correct).

UncleSam

Smash Master

Nova9000

Smash Lord
@Nova

iirc
Yoshi only uses fire when he eats fire melons
He doesn't use it on will like Bowser or Charizard.
He could use it differently. Like maybe he has to ignite something else or lacks the body to do so. But Like I said it's w/e.
You're just mad Red Pikmin cant jk. lolol...
here is a quote from my favorite guy "the heavy"
"some people think they can outsmart me, maybe, maybe. I have yet to meet one that can outsmart bullet" (0:48-1:03)

srsly, her electrolaser goes at 95% the speed of light and her PSD (light beam) goes at the speed of light, bowsers speed is miniscule.
not only that Samus isn't running on her feet, her suit moves for her, giving her better manuverability.
This MU is a friggin shutdown.
She's Iron Man Woman

This....I guess.....
And I guess there are no objections to my theory...

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
She's undefeated for a reason...
UncleSam lol. A better fan than any of us will ever be.
I stopped posting here a looong time ago cuz there were enough Samus supporters around... I don't even remember my last post here.

I just like coming in here and seeing Samus #1. :D

REL38

Smash Lord
@Adumb

I'm of the opinion that many ban criteria's will be swayed to either side.
Anti-ban tries to curve the criteria to make MK non-bannable
Pro-ban tries to curve the criteria to make MK bannable

I'm personally a lil' against a criteria in general :/

@Nova

Yoshi only breathes fire upon consuming a Fire melon.
Stuff in the melon gives Yoshi fire breathe as did eating Ice melons gave Yoshi ice breathe
(Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island)
The only other instance Yoshi breathes fire is when he's pixie fairy in Brawl.
Abilities only found in Smash shouldn't be used as they are non-canon.

Red's breathing fire is rediculous.
If they actually did that in Pikmin 2, I'd honestly say I'd like the game a lot less.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@Adumb

I'm of the opinion that many ban criteria's will be swayed to either side.
Anti-ban tries to curve the criteria to make MK non-bannable
Pro-ban tries to curve the criteria to make MK bannable

I'm personally a lil' against a criteria in general :/
Negotiation based on data that does not exist yet, that solves that problem.

Just make it rigid.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I stopped posting here a looong time ago cuz there were enough Samus supporters around... I don't even remember my last post here.

I think I'm the only one left, but I don't need support.
theres a better Iron_samus hack out there somehwere...lemme fetch it :p
I know I have the better looking texture, I can't find a good pic of it tho.

I got Glory of Heracles, it's awesome!
and adum stop talking about the MK ban discussion in a thread that isn't about the MK ban discussion. I don't want Hylian closing this (I don't think anyone does)

Nova9000

Smash Lord

Well you should start posting again then. Any intelligent discussion is welcome here, as you already know. :)

@Nova

Yoshi only breathes fire upon consuming a Fire melon.
Stuff in the melon gives Yoshi fire breathe as did eating Ice melons gave Yoshi ice breathe
(Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island)
The only other instance Yoshi breathes fire is when he's pixie fairy in Brawl.
Abilities only found in Smash shouldn't be used as they are non-canon.

Red's breathing fire is rediculous.
If they actually did that in Pikmin 2, I'd honestly say I'd like the game a lot less.

Yoshi can also breathe fire with a shell, which could mean he just needs something to do it with; he can't spit flames like Zard and Bowser could, but fire engulfed objects instead.

And you should try to prove something for Oli. I had an idea, but....well, nevermind.
:ohwell:

REL38

Smash Lord
@Nova

Except the shell disipates into fire balls.
He just spits out the red shell and it turns into flames.
Magic doo-hickey if you ask me.
Just like the Blue shell giving him wings.

I got what I need for Olimar.
Whites got dat poison breathe n' Yellow got dem' lethal electricity.
Except Yellow's are on or near contact.
No indication they zing it out like Pika.

@Adumb

I suppose so.
Politicians, eh?
I'll stop now, lol

@Sam

Why u gotta do dat?

Sieguest

Smash Master

Whites got dat poison breathe

K, so Pit has unlimited arrows, Pika has a bunch of Goodies at his disposal, Ganondorf has total access to beast ganon, Ike aethering the hell out of any and everyone is now true, captain falcon can summon his Blue Falcon out nowhere. Among other things. Mario can jump an ungodly distance.

REL38

Smash Lord
K, so Pit has unlimited arrows, Pika has a bunch of Goodies at his disposal, Ganondorf has total access to beast ganon, Ike aethering the hell out of any and everyone is now true, captain falcon can summon his Blue Falcon out nowhere. Among other things. Mario can jump an ungodly distance.
-infinity arrows lolololololololol
-Pika can has a berry or surfboard. Barbs n' Leftovers are given by Trainer
-Metamorphisis/transforming/Animorphs sure doesn't involve magic, don't it
-Maaaaaagic Fiiiiire Goooo! Humans jump 20 ft in the air!
-I wasn't aware JOE didn't ban vehicles on, what, 2nd page?
-Humans are capable of leaping 40 ft? A plump plumber at that :O

C'mon, Marthage
You can do better than that

:p

Now if you excuse me, Ima leap 20 ft to save that cat in dat der' tree.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Poison breath lololololololololol
You forgot about a plethora of ballons, in the same cutscene the surfboard is in.
Nope, just requires you to ~*Believe*~!
Don't even need the fire mah boi, just gotta ~*Believe*~!
I wasn't aware that one cutscene could justify poison breath even though it doesn't happen like on what, the entire game?
Happened in at least one cutscene so must be justifiable.

C'mon, Marthage

C'mon REL

Now if you excuse me, Ima leap over >9000 ft to save that cat in dat der' tree.

posted in blue

Nova9000

Smash Lord
@Nova

Except the shell disipates into fire balls.
He just spits out the red shell and it turns into flames.
Magic doo-hickey if you ask me.
Just like the Blue shell giving him wings.

Whites got dat poison breathe n' Yellow got dem' lethal electricity.
Except Yellow's are on or near contact.
No indication they zing it out like Pika.
Well Ima work on it anyway. And those ideas have to be proven. But We'll see about that.

C'mon, Marthage

Now if you excuse me, Ima leap 20 ft to save that cat in dat der' tree.

Besides, we all know Ganon will win with earthquake punches. ;)

posted in blue

That aint gonna cut it guy...You might want to grab that scouter of yours again...or look at my sig tht describes your level...lol:bee:

REL38

Smash Lord
It's like you got some persoal vendetta on Pikmin for some reason.
Sheesh

A being that's a cross of a plant (known to release deadly toxins/pollen) and an animal (known to breathe out chemicals and other airbourne particles) has the plausibility of releasing a deadly cloud of poison.

Don't bring up, "no mouth" cuz they distinctly have their own version when they drink up nectar.

All of your other points are pretty fail.
Pika floating in the air via balloons? More of a hazard.
People jumping really high when it's realistically impossible?

I've already explained many times over as to why it wasn't implemented into gameplay.

Just can't accept a canon cutscene, can you?
This is plausible, unlike all of your examples (excluding Pika stuff)

@Nova
Change it to Ray n' it'll make more funny
:dizzy:

Also, it's no longer bias, but rather finishing what I started.
Namely, making Olimar viable and get his Pikmin out from the ground
*bud' um pssh*

Top Bottom