• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Maiamara
- Mother Dinosaur Pokemon

Type: Rock / Grass
Ability: Herding*

Herding - Defenses are improved by 20% in normal weather+sandstorm, decreased by 20% in hail+rain.

HP - 96
Atk - 80
Def - 96
Sp Atk - 80
Sp Def - 96
Spd - 67

Offensive movepool includes - Wood Hammer, Stomp, Bite, Crunch, Hyper Voice, Ancientpower, Rockslide, Stone Edge, Zen Headbutt, Pursuit, Earthquake

Support movepool includes - Ingrain, Leech Seed, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Recover, Roar, Yawn

Support Maia
Maiamara @ Leftovers
Herding / Impish
252 HP / 120 Def / 120 Sp Def / 16 Atk
~ Leech Seed
~ Stealth Rock
~ Protect / Toxic
~ Recover / Rockslide
Maiamara has plenty of support options, and this one makes the most of them. Leech Seed your opponent, and setup Stealth Rock on the switchin. Protect can act as a scouting move and also gives a free turn of Leech Seed+Leftovers. Toxic is another option for crippling sweepers or walls. Recover ensures a safe way to gain lost health, but Rockslide is a solid attacking move so you don't get shut down by Taunt.

-Terywj

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Bug/Psychic hasn't been done before, has it? Cool. Psysecto is what Venomoth wishes it was. I'm not sure about Vital Spirit, though, seems kinda tacked on; unless there's some other underlying reason for it Tinted Lens works pretty well.

Maiamara (isn't there a maiasaur?) seems rather similar to Cradily; it has a bit less Sp. Def but a bit more HP and Speed. And of course, the all-important Leech Seed.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Mixing the pseudo wth the fossil would be a cool idea. We just need a cool idea for it now.

And yeah, we've been kind of ignoring our starters. They should be setting the stage!
I don't think that we should, really. Fossil Pokemon never have three-stage evolution lines, which is what a pseudo has. And making it fossil based would make it way too easily available.

I guess we could just go with making Kittorch the starter, simply because it's the only one we've got left at the moment. I think.

Oh, and nice sig, Tery. :)

EDIT: @Terywj - Oh, Maiamara was the fossil!? Totally missed that bit.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well originially I had Maiamara as 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 85, but all the other fossils max at 495 BST so I had to tweak it.

And there's already been a maiasaur...?

Edit: Thanks Running. :)

-Terywj

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I don't think that we should, really. Fossil Pokemon never have three-stage evolution lines, which is what a pseudo has. And making it fossil based would make it way too easily available.

I guess we could just go with making Kittorch the starter, simply because it's the only one we've got left at the moment. I think.

Oh, and nice sig, Tery. :)
Well, I don't see any logistical reasons why a fossil couldn't have three stages. I know they typically have two, but then there's Aerodactyl. The fossil could also be pretty rare. We'll have to see if a good idea comes along first, of course.

Ah, Kittorch. JOE! would be happy.

Well originially I had Maiamara as 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 85, but all the other fossils max at 495 BST so I had to tweak it.

Edit: Thanks Running. :)

-Terywj
I see. It just stuck out to me as being extremely similar to Cradily stat-wise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maiasaur

That's the first thing I thought of when I read the name and I thought that's what you based it on (right?).

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
He was wondering if there was a dinosaur called a maiasaur, which is what you might have based it off.

EDIT: D'oh. Ninja'd.

@flyinfilipino - And there's Metagross, which can never be found in the wild in Gen. III and is absurdly tough to catch in Gen. IV. I suppose we could go along with it.

How would we find fossils in Tohoko, anyway? Bring back the Underground? I like the idea of it.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Ohh. Haha, yeah the Maiasaur is a real dinosaur. And it's exactly what I based it off of. :)

Edit: Muk I'm getting too close to post #5000. Spire needs to respond to my PM..

-Terywj

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@flyinfilipino - And there's Metagross, which can never be found in the wild in Gen. III and is absurdly tough to catch in Gen. IV. I suppose we could go along with it.

How would we find fossils in Tohoko, anyway? Bring back the Underground? I like the idea of it.
I like the Underground, but I feel like it didn't need to be so big in Sinnoh. But maybe it's just me. Alternatively, the canyon area around Pestle Town and Mace Town seems like a good place for fossil hunting. But it doesn't have to be limited to that.

Ohh. Haha, yeah the Maiasaur is a real dinosaur. And it's exactly what I based it off of. :)

Edit: Muk I'm getting too close to post #5000. Spire needs to respond to my PM..

-Terywj
I love when I'm right! :bee: I approve of the concept. What big plans do you have for #5000?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
QUIT POSTING TERY!

If you don't want to waste your #5000 on something lame, that is. :p

I actually like the idea of making the pseudo-legendary (or at least one pseudo-legendary...we could always have two!) a fossil. I know you were saying NOT to make it a pseudo-legendary, but it'd be a nice change of pace imo. And it could totally work. There could also be one more to go along with the Maiasaur as well, so it'd be kind of like in 1st gen where there were the two that you had to decide on and then the extra that didn't go along with them, and was gotten at another point in the game. Of course, the extra in this case would be harder to get as it is a pseudo-legendary. I'd say after the E4 is beaten or something like that, kinda like Metagross.

And if no one's opposed, I'll start in on making it. I <3 fossils. :3

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I like the Underground, but I feel like it didn't need to be so big in Sinnoh. But maybe it's just me. Alternatively, the canyon area around Pestle Town and Mace Town seems like a good place for fossil hunting. But it doesn't have to be limited to that.
Perhaps there could be an area in the canyon that's inaccessible early on in the game until you've gotten several HMs from beating the gyms. I still think the pseudo shouldn't be a fossil, though. What about a living fossil like Relicanth?

EDIT: Wait! Idea! What about the fossil being a rare held-item by Pokemon native to the area I just described? Sort of like type-resist berries and evo-inducing items in Gen. IV. There'd only be, say, a 5% chance of getting one.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
And if no one's opposed, I'll start in on making it. I <3 fossils. :3
Make it something cool! :bee:

I have another project / even I'll be planning. I just need to run it by Spire first, and I had sent him a PM about it. Hopefully he should be fine with it.

-Terywj
:O *drumroll*

Perhaps there could be an area in the canyon that's inaccessible early on in the game until you've gotten several HMs from beating the gyms. I still think the pseudo shouldn't be a fossil, though. What about a living fossil like Relicanth?
Indeed. The latest map shows some rocky terrain surrounding the canyon. It could be a little side-quest, fossil hunt adventure thing. I can't really think of any living fossil-esque things off the top of my head. Maybe...water bears/tardigrades? Those things are awesome.

NINJA EDIT: That's an interesting idea. Although...fossils are supposed to be rare and kind of buried underground, and I can't picture something just carrying on around in the wild. Unless it's something that habitually digs, of course. *busts out Compoundeyes Pokemon with Thief*

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Eh, either way I'm still going to make it. I know I said if you're opposed to speak up, but within the last 5 minutes I had a typing and design basically fall right into my lap, and it fits so well it's absurd. I'm nigh convinced that I have to make it now.

Although I would like to note that if this thing forms out the way I'm thinking it will, it's going to be Suspect -> Uber. Guaranteed. Well, unless I really mess it up or something. But I don't think that's happening. This guy will just be that good.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Yeah I know! Isn't it exciting!? :D I don't think I'll hit mine before you though, sadly. I don't post as frequently as you.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Tery you post waaaaaaaaaay too much.

I have the freaking Disco Room and still make less posts a day on average than you.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Keep in mind the average posts per day also calculates from the day you joined. For example Spire has a higher ppd count even though I have a higher post count because he joined later than I did.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
But we joined at like the same time.

The only time I made more posts than you in one day is the like first 3 days I had premium where I made like 300 posts overall.

JOE!

Smash Hero
my idea for the Psuedo Fossil was to really make is apsuedo...fossil :p

stage one is a Compy (little thing from JP) BEst Stat is speed

stage 2 is a Raptor, gets a Great ATTK stat atop it's good speed from form 1

last stage is a Trex (biggest pseudo, unless we make a tank form to oppose this offenseive on in the form of a brontosaurus) that adds more defenses atop the allready stellar speed and attack

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Well there's a theme in pseudo-legendaries where they have all have one immunity. They usually also have a 4x weakness, but Metagross breaks that mold so it's safe to assume that you can too. My original idea, at least for the final form, was to base the creature off the Kronosaurus. It would have been Rock/Water (been done before numerous times, but it's also the one that can be redone the most times as well) and had Swift Swim. Connect that to 600 BST and you should be able to see why I said it'd be Uber.

The problem with it, though, is that it follows the 4x weakness rule but doesn't follow the immunity rule. My other idea was to base it off the Jeholopterus, meaning a Rock/Flying type that would break the 4x weakness rule but keep the immunity rule. The 4x weakness rule, of course, doesn't matter as much because Metagross already broke it. I just didn't like using it as a design nearly as much, so I might still go with the Kronosaurus.

The first and second stage evolutions were stumping me, so I may only create the final and then work from there.

Oh, and Relicanth is a living fossil because it's based off the Coelacanth, which is best known as the living fossil. <.< I didn't know if you knew that, so I thought I'd tell you.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
But we joined at like the same time.

The only time I made more posts than you in one day is the like first 3 days I had premium where I made like 300 posts overall.
Well again, it's not completely accurate. We joiend at the same time but I was away for a good year or so after I started the Link clan here on Smashboards. Then I came back.
Besides, my average PPD is like what 5? Specifically speaking I post way more than 5 posts a day.

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
(Sorry about that, Risque.)

Sleeopard

Typing: Fire / Ice
Ability: Mountaineer (Avoids all Rock-type attacks / hazards when switching in)

HP - 100
Atk - 118
Def - 83
Sp Atk - 83
Sp Def - 83
Spd - 118

Offensive movepool includes - Flare Blitz, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Super Fang, Poison Fang, Shadow Claw, Iron Tail, Crunch, Zen Headbutt, Earthquake, Rockslide, Avalanche, Payback, Extremespeed, Shadow Sneak

Support movepool includes - Agility, Slack Off, Will-o-Wisp, Sunny Day, Hail

Example Set
Sleeopard @ Life Orb
Mountaineer / Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~ Flare Blitz
~ Ice Fang
~ Earthquake
~ Slack Off / Extremespeed

-Terywj

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Yeah, the first thing I thought of when I saw it was a sleeping leopard. :laugh:

It's good to see that you actually found a way to make Mountaineer make sense though. I give you kudos for that. :)

NO MOAR DOUBLE POST.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
It's a snow leopard. Snow leopards are win. :)

Ambipom needs an evolution. What shall it be called? 1...2...3?

Altripom
Long Tail Pokemon
Typing: Normal
Ability: Technician / Quick Feet
HP - 88
Atk - 112
Def - 80
Sp Atk - 70
Sp Def - 80
Spd - 125

New movepool additions: Triple Hit*

*Triple Hit - [Normal] [Physical] 30 Power, 90 Accuracy (5 PP) - Hits three times

Altripom @ Life Orb
Technician / Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~ Fake Out
~ Triple Hit
~ Low Kick
~ U-Turn / Pursuit

Hell yeah. Altripom is OU material. Triple Hit has too much power though I think.

-Terywj

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Triple hit = 40 X 1.5 = 60 X 1.5 = 90 X 3 = 270

Triple hit is stronger than explosion.

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
Triple hit = 40 X 1.5 = 60 X 1.5 = 90 X 3 = 270

Triple hit is stronger than explosion.
Just saying, but doesn't explosion act as if the opponent's defense was halved, making it still stronger?

But yeah, Triple Hit is waaayyyy too strong.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Putting its base power at 30 helps dull it down some. It's still more powerful than Double Hit, but not quite as ridiculously powerful as what you have now either.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Crap. They're onto me. No, whatever makes you think that?\

Yeto
The Yeti Pokemon
Type: Ice / Fighting
Ability: Thick Fat

HP - 150
Atk - 130
Def - 100
Sp Atk - 60
Sp Def - 50
Spd - 40

Offensive movepool includes: Ice Punch, Avalanche, Ice Beam, Hammer Arm, Brick Break, Close Combat, Mach Punch, Ice Shard, Shadow Sneak, Thunderpunch, Aerial Ace, Shadow Punch

Support movepool includes: Hail, Foresight, Roar, Bulk Up, Mist, Nasty Plot

Example Set
Yeto @ Leftovers
Thick Fat / Adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Sp Def
~ Bulk Up
~ Ice Punch / Avalanche
~ Mach Punch / Brick Break
~ Shadow Punch

-Terywj

Top Bottom