• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Nova9000

Smash Lord
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T.T Fail

He totally is.
Remember JOE! took him out when Shelda was created? He had to get an even number somehow...sorry for your loss...

Agree with some, not with others.
Like what? We need to get to the bottom of this before we can start this list...

UncleSam

Smash Master
Remember JOE! took him out when Shelda was created? He had to get an even number somehow...sorry for your loss...
*frantically looks*
WHAT?
****************************** YYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

*leaves*

anyway I still think overall tiers/sub-tiers
makes more sense.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Notice how almost none of those MUs you stated were ever done, they were bracketed (as far as to my knowledge) and DK happened to be to where he wasn't competing with consistent "winners"/ "losers" whom you listed.

It's just like getting gayed in brackets, you know there are people you can beat, but you just don't get to fight them because you got put against some super pros at the beginning and got knocked down quickly.

Whether we should've done TDB like that, probably not, but that's how it was done, and that's how it went and because of that. Who knows maybe we might do other MUs that bracketing doesn't allow.

DK may win on a broader scale, but, looks like he got bracket gayed.

So where is your logic again?
Yes I understand all that. However, isn't it much better to make a real list of which character might actually be the deadliest instead?

Sieguest

Smash Master
However, isn't it much better to make a real list of which character might actually be the deadliest instead?
I agree with that. We'll just have to see about what JOE!'s take on it is.

@Nova- I believe that we should consider who's deadlier than who individually, but I don't believe that that should be the total basis. I think that if every character has a chance to go against every character, that we can take a W-L ratio and determine who's deadliest.

Placing people above each other on a individual basis proves troublesome.

As in DK>Link

Link>Bowser

Bowser>DK

while this example isn't necessarily true there are triangular relationships present here, and on the individual "he's>him so he goes above him" it would clash.

Where as on a W-L scale (after every character has had a MU against every other character) we can arrange who's deadliest by the most consistent and dominant killer.

Nova9000

Smash Lord

I'll work on tiers because JOE is busy
start complaining and I'll work on a list.

It's the internet. Besides, I wanted to try something new...

I agree with that. We'll just have to see about what JOE!'s take on it is.

@Nova- I believe that we should consider who's deadlier than who individually, but I don't believe that that should be the total basis. I think that if every character has a chance to go against every character, that we can take a W-L ratio and determine who's deadliest.

Placing people above each other on a individual basis proves troublesome.

As in DK>Link

Link>Bowser

Bowser>Link

while this example isn't necessarily true there are triangular relationships present here, and on the individual "he's>him so he goes above him" it would clash.

Where as on a W-L scale (after every character has had a MU against every other character) we can arrange who's deadliest by the most consistent and dominant killer.

I understand that. But we've come along to know where each person would stand in RL. So making every character fought would be unnecessary and pointless when we know the outcomes just by MU title. That's why I'm saying we can make a list and work from there. And JOE! can always throw MUs in regarding the characters we have now. (Snake v. Bowser, for example)

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Iknorite? But hopefully we get something decided on before JOE! gets here so we can get started.

UncleSam

Smash Master
UncleSam said:

anyway I'm going to use my method:

Swords Tier: (this should be obvious)
:link2:
:ganondorf:
:ike:
:zelda:/:shiek:
:marth:
:pit: (sword version)
:roymelee:
:pit: (arrow version)
:metaknight:

Kingdom Tier: (these include misc. characters, but they contain all the same tech)
:bowser2:
:dk2:
:diddy:
:wario:
:peach:
:mario2:
:luigi2:
:ness2:
:lucas:
:popo:
:dedede:

Animal Tier: (these are freaks of nature that we have had to take days to figure out just how they work)
:ivysaur:
:pikachu2:
:charizard:
:lucario:
:yoshi2:
:mewtwo:
:sonic:
:olimar:

Space-Age tier: (the most advanced and will most likely be taking top spots in the overall tiers)
:samus2: (by far)
:zerosuitsamus: (tied with Fox)
:fox: (tied with ZSS)
:snake:
:wolf:
:falcon:
:falco:
okay so me and NOVA are working on this, and this is what we have so far.

Notes:
-This is my sub-tier method, overall tiers coming soon.
-I separated Pit into bow and sword since I don't know what we're going to stick to here.
-It was kind of hard to fit Snake since he isn't in the time period as the space age, but he doesn't fit in any other tier.
-NOVA keeps talking about fireballs, but I've only seen fireballs that are artificially made, you know like you use materials and light it.

EDITS:
-oops my bad Falcon is supposed to be above Falco that was like the first MU ever discussed lol.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I was only mentioning those in response to Yoshi > M2. IMO M2 is better than Yoshi, unless he gets some kind of projectile. Oh, and shouldn't Oli be with the space age people lol and DDD w/ the animals? I also think we stick with Pit arrows since he only had blades in Brawl. It's a few more things but I'll PM you for those.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd argue that Mewtwo would even be better than Lucario and Charizard. He has beaten Charizard in a match before, and his superiour height and build should make him beat Lucario as well.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Zard has fire breath again. And Cario IDK. All M2 really has is lower body strength and still it would be difficult to balance himself and attack at the same time.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Yo, sup guys

What I miss?
You missed nuthin really. Just a bunch of questions we need to answer before we decide this tier list. Other than that and some insults, nuthin much.

Shame this thread is @ its end, it was really fun guys =/. I had like good 50-80 hours of laughing/debating here! Such good memories ^^.
But this isn't over...we're gonna incorporate new characters into the thread now...so this is the beginning of something new...:bee:

JOE!

Smash Hero
Sorry guys, was busy with work...then school....then sickness :(

anywho, the list I posted isnt necesarily a tier list, but the score card that ranked everyone by their wins/losses to date.

It still gives somewhat of an idea of who's where on the final list however. To do that tho, I feel we have reached the point where we can take the score list and say "oh, x is definatley better overall than y" and even do Uncle's sub-tiers as there are clearly lines to be drawn (such as ivysaur being better ranked than say, Snake). At the same time, Ivy is rather **** to anything that doesnt have a reliable projectile (75% of the cast it seems...) and just may be way up on the list.

as for Nova's Questions:

1) Explained above essentially, things like that are essentially "gayed in the brackets", by an attempt to make interesting matches. For example, Snake should and will be better than Ike, but to prevent matches like "lulz, Snake shoots diddy kong" Matches were made that led to Ike having better W/L.

2) As for the amount of tiering, that is something we will decide on once we actually get going. But as stated, there will clearly be lines drawn in some areas.

3) Lucas has had weapons...

Pikachu I am slightly skeptical of the arcing range, but he does have a deadly shock. Fire is allowed for those two. Pikmin havent shown any abilities other than resistances, so I dont know about them.

Ganon has his TP sword, as we are using TP Ganon. Wario's weapons Im iffy on, as the bombs I dont even remember the origin of, and his laser pistol is like a toy.

4) Yes, MUs will be changed

5) I assume we'd incorperate AT's or even Trophies into this at some point. Then vote.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Glad to see everyone returning...maybe we'll see HOLOpaW?
This calls for a pic...

@ JOE!:
- So from how it sounds, we're kind asimulating every MU for each character and taking their W/L record and ranking them from there. Is that kinda the jist of what you're saying?

- Understandable.

- Well Lucas had bombs...which means he shouldn't have lost some MUs. But you already addressed tht. Wario....*shrugs*. Pika I'm not touching since that's Guest and US's doing. And I'll work on Pikmin.

- Sweet.

- Well we could probably start with trophies. I'm surprised Little Mac hasn't lurked in here yet and said anything about em. And just for lolz, are we keeping the bosses in the thread as well?

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
this thread makes me laugh
some of these wins just seem goofy
nice thought though
good thing these aren't the ways they decide to decide who's in and out of the next game, otherwise the "wishlisters" would be here trying to kill each other LOL

Nova9000

Smash Lord
nice thought though
good thing these aren't the ways they decide to decide who's in and out of the next game, otherwise the "wishlisters" would be here trying to kill each other LOL
Which MUs seem "goofy"?

JOE!

Smash Hero
nice thought though
wut?

anywho:

- So from how it sounds, we're kind asimulating every MU for each character and taking their W/L record and ranking them from there. Is that kinda the jist of what you're saying?
Sort of, what I meant to get across was that I belive we've reached the point where we can easily go "x beats y" without having to have a proper MU for them.

so now we can essentially go up the list and see how everyone fits in with each other.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
If this is the case, let's start from the top and work our way down. So we start with Samus and put her vs. everyone and see who she loses to. Then Link, and so on. Does that work?

JOE!

Smash Hero
ROUND 5 STARTS, NOW!​

WEEK 1: SONIC vs YOSHI
WINNER: DRAW
"With fail-anatomy getting in both of their ways, they have no means of actually harming each other...."

WEEK 2: FOX vs ZSS
WINNER: FOX - > TIE
"Having an electrolaser means jack if your opponent has a weapon capable of death 100% of the time....however, if fox gets hit first, it still means ZSS can just finish him off...."

WEEK 3: WARIO vs WEEGEE
WINNER: WEEGEE
"Having his bombs unexpectedly stripped, Wario is outmatched by the Green machine's hammers...."

WEEK 4: CHARIZARD vs MEWTWO
WINNER: MEWTWO
"Mewtwo's stature was too much for the flame pokemon to overcome...."

WEEK 5: DIDDY vs IVYSAUR
WINNER: IVYSAUR
"If DK couldnt win over ivysaur, how could his little buddy?"

WEEK 6: MARTH vs ZELDA/SHIEK
WINNER: ZELDA/SHIEK
"Being out-ranged for once by Zelda's arrows, Marth had no chance...."

WEEK 7: DDD vs MK
WINNER: DDD
"Out weighed and out lasted, MK has no chance of hurting DDD, while a simple nudge from the fat bird will slepp doom for a toppled metaknight...."

WEEK 8: OLIMAR vs CAPTAIN FALCON
WINNER: JESUS H. FALCON
"Just read the synopsis...."

WEEK 9: DK vs ROY
WINNER: ROY
"Against incredible odds, Roy proved once and for all that brains trump brawn when man use weapons against natural might...."

WEEK 10: PIT vs GANONDORF
WINNER: GANONDORF
"Without armor piercing nor accurate arrows, Pit stood no chance of keeping the murderous might of Ganondorf at bay...."

WEEK 11: FALCO vs SNAKE
WINNER: SNAKE
"Falco is a pilot, not an ace soldier. Snake would have no trouble out doing the blue bird...."

WEEK 12: NESS vs MARIO
WINNER: ITS-A-ME
"Granted they had similar weapons, the fact that Mario has infinetly more experience and better physique means this MU is a cakewalk..."

WEEK 13: PIKACHU vs LUCARIO
WINNER: LUCARIO
"Even with Pikachu's electrical touch, Lucario would be too much for him to handle in a fight..."

WEEK 14: WOLF vs PEACH
WINNER: WOLF
"If I need to explain this to you..."

WEEK 15: ICE CLIMBERS vs LUCAS
WINNER: REL38
"IC's are no match for Lucas' bombs..."

WEEK 16: IKE vs LINK
WINNER: LINK
"Arrows outrange even Ragnell's impressive reach..."

WEEK 17:BOWSER vs SAMUS
WINNER: SAMUS ARAN
"Bowser's size is no match for Samus' souped-up electrolazer..."

ROUND 5 RANKINGS

Rankings of the characters are based on their win/loss/draw ratio

A win adds +1 to their score, a draw adds nothing, and a loss adds -1 points

ON HOLD:

RETIRED: :yoshi2: , :sonic: , :dedede: , :squirtle: , :pichu: , :metaknight: , :jigglypuff: = :kirby2:
-retired characters are still ranked, so yoshi is 8th worst, while kirby/jigglypuff (they're just alphabetical) are the worst.

score x5:
:link2: , :samus:

score x4:
:ivysaur: <-so ****** that she has her own tier

score x3:
:diddy: , :falcon: , :mario2: , :ike: , :bowser2:

score x2:
:fox: , :snake:

score x1:
:luigi2: , :zelda:/:shiek: , :zerosuitsamus: , :ness2:

score x0:
:dk2: , :roymelee: , :pit: , :wolf:

score x-1:
:mewtwo: , :marth: , :lucario: , :pikachu2: , :lucas: , :popo:

score x-2:
:falco: , :wario:

score x-3:
:charizard: , :ganondorf: , :peach:

score x-4:
:drmario: (space filler :p )

score x-5:
:olimar:

UncleSam

Smash Master
I was only mentioning those in response to Yoshi > M2. IMO M2 is better than Yoshi, unless he gets some kind of projectile. Oh, and shouldn't Oli be with the space age people lol and DDD w/ the animals? I also think we stick with Pit arrows since he only had blades in Brawl. It's a few more things but I'll PM you for those.
I'd argue that Mewtwo would even be better than Lucario and Charizard. He has beaten Charizard in a match before, and his superiour height and build should make him beat Lucario as well.
Still contemplating these.

Sorry guys, was busy with work...then school....then sickness :(

anywho, the list I posted isnt necesarily a tier list, but the score card that ranked everyone by their wins/losses to date.

It still gives somewhat of an idea of who's where on the final list however. To do that tho, I feel we have reached the point where we can take the score list and say "oh, x is definatley better overall than y" and even do Uncle's sub-tiers as there are clearly lines to be drawn (such as ivysaur being better ranked than say, Snake). At the same time, Ivy is rather **** to anything that doesnt have a reliable projectile (75% of the cast it seems...) and just may be way up on the list.
subs are just sort of a way to organize every character since one set of ppl will be more advanced then others.
In overalls according to which sub is where youd be able to see that oh x character is higher than y, why? he beats him in his own tier and so on.
as for Nova's Questions:

1) Explained above essentially, things like that are essentially "gayed in the brackets", by an attempt to make interesting matches. For example, Snake should and will be better than Ike, but to prevent matches like "lulz, Snake shoots diddy kong" Matches were made that led to Ike having better W/L.

2) As for the amount of tiering, that is something we will decide on once we actually get going. But as stated, there will clearly be lines drawn in some areas.

3) Lucas has had weapons...

Pikachu I am slightly skeptical of the arcing range, but he does have a deadly shock. Fire is allowed for those two. Pikmin havent shown any abilities other than resistances, so I dont know about them.

Ganon has his TP sword, as we are using TP Ganon. Wario's weapons Im iffy on, as the bombs I dont even remember the origin of, and his laser pistol is like a toy.

4) Yes, MUs will be changed

5) I assume we'd incorperate AT's or even Trophies into this at some point. Then vote.
his prob.
Yeah, but wouldnt it be Samus vs her Power Suit?

or would there be 2 of the same person?
haha very funny

JOE!

Smash Hero
moving on, lets go with the Top Down idea since it is a bit easier to start off with:

Who beats Samus?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Well I found Samus...and all her MU outcomes...

If I keep this up I'll get infracted again...

JOE!

Smash Hero
Well, the Spacies can with their Pew-Pew

anywho, looks like samus stays at the top....

next up according to score:

LINK

Top Bottom