• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Hariyama vs. Yeto, go!

A snow monster would be cool to have wandering the mountainous parts of our region. Ice/Fighting seems like a cool type combo too.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
More like Yeto vs. Abomnasnow.

Abomnsnow used Ice Beam!
Yeto lost 98% of its health.
Yeto used Hammer Arm!
It's super effective!
Abomnasnow lost 101% of its health.
Abomnasnow fainted.

-Terywj

JOE!

Smash Hero
Hmn, what are your thoughts on making 2 pseudo-fossils, in both Trex and Brontosaurus form?

along with new moves:

Chomp (for the Trex) a superior version of Crunch, learnable by Feraligatr, Trapnich and Sharpedo.
120 pwr, 10 pp, 10% chance of paralyze DARK

Crush (for the Bronto) a much better version of Stomp. BIG pokemon such as Onix, Wailord, or Torterra can learn it.
120 pwr, 10 pp, 20% chance of flinch NORMAL

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Chomp and Crush are nice ideas, JOE!, though I think they're kind of redundant as a concept. Though, if everyone else disagrees with me, I'll at least say that I think their secondary effects should be switched around (flinch/paralysis), IMO. Also, brontosaurus is cool, but I feel like Tropius already has that base covered. :bee:

On a different note, I've had these Pokemon sitting around for a while and I can't figure out what to do with them. Lemurs (and similar primates) are cool and deserve some love, but I don't know what type these guys should be. I think they'd make cool additions to the region/Dex:

Tarzier (tentative name)

It's a timid, nocturnal Pokemon that lives in trees. The lighter parts of its body, including its eyes, can exhibit a sort of bioluminescence. In total darkness, it might just look like a floating happy face! :bee:

This is the evolved form of Tarzier. Its limbs have elongated, and now it has a light-up face on its back instead of the front. The rings on its tail also glow.

And here's the final form of Tarzier. It's obviously a lot tougher. I guess the big ruff around its head glows now. It has a sort of comedy-face stripe pattern on its front, and though it's not visible, it probably has a tragedy-face pattern on its back.

So, thoughts as to the evolutionary family's potential type/moves/names/alterations? Any ideas I come up with would probably be lame, so I'm hoping the community could pitch in here.

Moozle

Smash Champion
The comedy face is a really cool idea. I think you should make the tails longer on all of them, though i'm not sure why. I also like that the rings on the tail light up. What type would they be?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
The comedy face is a really cool idea. I think you should make the tails longer on all of them, though i'm not sure why. I also like that the rings on the tail light up. What type would they be?
Hmm...a longer tail never hurt anyone. I originally envisioned them as Dark-type Pokemon, with the nocturnal glow-in-the-dark business, but maybe there's a better idea out there.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Hmm, never thought of Normal/Dark before, but I like it. Is having a Ghost and Psychic immunity in one that valuable (since Dark already resists Ghost)?

Oh yeah, what about potential abilities? I was thinking about Intimidate.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Terrorize already lowers S.Atk in one other pokemons ability. What about Gaze or something having to do with eyes.
woops

Hmm, i need two things:

1) A fitting name for the speed "intimidate" :p

2) The pogeymanz i missed for the OP @_@

as for the +1 (damage), why not just "Build Up"

Normal type buff, 5-10 pp.

"The pokemon takes a moment to build up energy for it's next few attacks"

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
The OP says we'll be adding the SmashCAP Pokemon to the Dex as well. So yay, Calderan?

I still need some advice for the lemurs on the last page.

Also, we're not still in need of a region, are we?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Once the OP gets organized I'll start spriting again.

Remember Joe, don't be biased, put Aquastretch and the like in there! They're serious entries!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
If only I could draw my ideas. But I suck at drawing.

And even if I could draw I don't have a scanner to show you guys.

-Terywj
I could try my hand at drawing anything you've got. If only I had your competitive battling knowledge. We'd have drawings and competitive movesets at a CRAZY rate!

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
LOL BROKEN VIGOROTH EVO

Vigorage
(VIH-goh-rage)
The Rampage Pokemon
Evolves from Vigoroth when traded while holding the Razor Claw.
Normal

Length: 2.3m
Weight: 187lbs

Vigorage is a three-toed sloth with pink-tinged fur matting its entire body. It has a large, horn-like piece of very hard red hair on its head, which is for ornamental purposes only, used to attract mates (males have larger "horns" than females). It has a brown X-shaped mark on its back, which extends partway around its front, as well. Its claws and muscles are very powerful, but due to the constant, rapid flowing of blood underneath Vigorage's skin, it damages itself very easily (which explains its crappy defenses and ability).

Male:_____________________Shiny:

Female:_____________________Shiny:

The proportions on the legs/arms are really off, but if the concept is a dud, I won't have to fuss over them. But if it isn't, Vigorage will be one of the Pokemon I'll eventually need to update with better sprites (so yes, I will be giving Aquastrech and the like proper sprites). I might even do back sprites....>.> I'll need to improve first.

Pokedex Entry: “Its blood pumps so fast that its fur has been tinged pink. For its short lifespan, the only thing it will ever want to do is cause destruction.”

Stats

HP: 10
ATK: 170
DEF: 20
SPATK: 85
SPDEF: 20
SPD: 135
TOTAL: 440

Abilities

Blood Pressure (Signature ability. After each attempt at using a move, the Pokemon with this ability loses 1/4 of its total HP. Missing on an attack, being hurt by confusion, being immobilized by love, being unable to use a move because of Torment, Taunt or Imprison, Struggling, each of the turns of a two-turn move like Dive/Hyper Beam, attacking while the opponent is Protecting/Detecting, certain moves such as Sleep Talk/U-Turn, and flinching count as attempts. Being fast asleep, being frozen, and being fully paralyzed do not. )

(...I need to get away from all these new abilities/moves. >.>)

Moves

Heart Scale: Night Slash
Heart Scale: Hammer Arm
Heart Scale: Slack Off
-: Scratch
-: Focus Energy
7: Encore
13: Uproar
19: Fury Swipes
25: Endure
31: Slash
36: Thrash
37: Counter
43: Superpower
49: Reversal
55: Overheat
61: Outrage

TMs & HMs

TM01 - Focus Punch
TM03 - Water Pulse
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM14 - Blizzard
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM22 - SolarBeam
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM25 - Thunder
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM34 - Shock Wave
TM35 - Flamethrower
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM50 - Overheat
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM78 - Captivate
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM81 - X-Scissor
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 – Substitute

HM01 - Cut
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb

Egg Moves (Ground)

Body Slam
Crush Claw
Curse
Hammer Arm
Night Slash
Pursuit
Slash
Sleep Talk
Snore

Move Tutor

Fire Punch
Fury Cutter
Gunk Shot
Headbutt
Heat Wave
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Iron Head
Low Kick
Mud-Slap
Outrage
Sucker Punch
Thunder Punch
Uproar

It has the same base stats as Vigoroth lololol.

Its basically Deoxys-A but for OU (at least I HOPE it’s OU). I originally had its Attack stat at 200, but I realized I shouldn’t be giving Uber stats to non-Uber Pokemon. >.> 170 gets the job done, and still keeps it similar to Slaking (especially with the ability, since in order for it to “function”, it has to take a turn to Slack Off the health it loses...although you’ll probably just get KO’d on that turn anyway, so better to just obliterate everything instead).

If people have too much of a problem with the stat spread, I'll switch it around and make it something more reasonable (moving some Speed into its Defenses would tone it down quite a bit). I just wanted to make something similar to Slaking, but keeping in line with the "Vigoroth" concept. Making this thing usable/viable was never my concern.

Electrode counters him.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Haha, I like the the concept.
Dude, teach it Explosion! He looks like he wants to.
I'm not sure about the stats, but I think having only 10 HP is overkill. Maybe an alternate evolution method would be nice too, since the current one is entirely possible right now. Overall, pretty cool stuff. :bee:

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Dude, teach it Explosion! He looks like he wants to.
Oh gawd, 500 Base Power STAB move coming off that attack? There's not a thing in this game that can take that on (other than ghosts). But no, I purposely avoided giving him that because it would make the perfect ending after its been worn down from Blood Pressure. I don't want him doing that.
I'm not sure about the stats, but I think having only 10 HP is overkill.
Its poor HP is explained by how fragile it is, since its using up so much life energy now that it has none to spare. Also, I want to make dam sure even weak priority users can OHKO this thing, or it will be too strong.
Maybe an alternate evolution method would be nice too, since the current one is entirely possible right now.
I was having lots of trouble thinking of how it can evolve. @.@ If anyone has any ideas, please suggest something, because I've got nothing.

Bowser_Gangsta

Smash Lord
Graphoak

Rock/Grass

Abilities: Solar Power / Solid Rock

HP: 60
Atk: 100
Def: 60
S.Atk: 80
S.Def: 60
Spe: 95
BST: 455

Level-Up Moves
-- Absorb
-- Defense Curl
9. Needle Arm
15. Rock Blast
24. Rollout
30. Mega Drain
39. Stealth Rock
45. Hammer Arm
54. Petal Dance
60. Power Whip

TMs
TM01 - Focus Punch
TM05 - Roar
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM09 - Bullet Seed
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM17 - Protect
TM19 - Giga Drain
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM22 - Solarbeam
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM49 - Snatch
TM53 - Energy Ball
TM54 - False Swipe
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM64 - Explosion
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM69 - Rock Polish
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM75 - Swords Dance
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute

My vision is kinda-like Petey Piranha. The mouth would be the same, and the petals on its head would be standing on end. The Body is basically the same, except one arms is a Rock Hammer, and one is a vile looking vine. The legs, or roots, would be attached to the ground with rocks littered on them. Here's a bad photoshop rendering.

Top Bottom