• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Great job with that compilation of info! I do see one thing missing though: the move Magma Pool created near the beginning by Writer (I think) Last I saw there was info on it in the OP, but there was controversy on it being overpowered or w/e.

Still a great job though!

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Eh, not even I warrant Magma Pool to be mentioned, so don't worry about it.

Coming up with a coolio design for such a straight-forward Pokemon concept is hard. :( Which is why I'm still not done with the ridiculously powerful fossil pseudo-legendary.

Just thought I'd let you guys know.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Are you drawing it, too? That always slows the process down. Coming up with a design is harder than coming up with a name, which is harder than coming up with an ability, which is harder than coming up with moves, IMO.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'm...not very good at drawing. :\ Otherwise I would. All I really need is a couple specific things to add to the body though and I can go to town on every other bit of it. Typing, concept, and abilities are already decided. It's just the rest I need (which I need the basic mental sketch for, thus the issue).

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Great job with that compilation of info! I do see one thing missing though: the move Magma Pool created near the beginning by Writer (I think) Last I saw there was info on it in the OP, but there was controversy on it being overpowered or w/e.

Still a great job though!
Durrrrr, I totally forgot about that move. >.< But Writer seems keen to scrap it, so it all works out.

I was actually pretty set on it being viable because only the crappy Fire-types who don't see much use would get it, but...yeah, not happening with this new generation. >.>

But...but...mah Hummingbird is awesome! D:<
LOL, that doesn't mean it can't be a "valid" Pokemon, it just means we have to resolve the issue of whether we should allow two Hummingbird Pokemon into the Dex. Personally, I don't really care either way, so if both you and FF are fine with allowing both in the Dex, there shouldn't be a problem.

And thanks for all the compliments guise. :bee:

Now, let's get down to the Fire-starter issue. >.>

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Joe we already have a post for you made that details every single change.
Just freaking update the OP already.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Agreed.

Terywj's ideas: Ground-type Speed abuser, Ghost / Ground.

-Terywj
Someone posted a Ground/Ghost earlier in the thread; I don't recall who did it though or whether or not it was fast. I don't think it was, though.

LOL, that doesn't mean it can't be a "valid" Pokemon, it just means we have to resolve the issue of whether we should allow two Hummingbird Pokemon into the Dex. Personally, I don't really care either way, so if both you and FF are fine with allowing both in the Dex, there shouldn't be a problem.

And thanks for all the compliments guise. :bee:

Now, let's get down to the Fire-starter issue. >.>
I'm cool with there being two hummingbird-ish things in the Dex...maybe they could be version exclusives? :confused:

What's a "ryo" (under Items)?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Someone posted a Ground/Ghost earlier in the thread; I don't recall who did it though or whether or not it was fast. I don't think it was, though.
That was Zongera lololol. He's slower than :080:

I'm cool with there being two hummingbird-ish things in the Dex...maybe they could be version exclusives? :confused:
That sounds like an idea. We'd have to have a trio of starter birds (Hummonsoku/Hurricrane/Shockum).

What's a "ryo" (under Items)?
That's me being stupid and forgetting the current form of Japanese currency, and putting in something that seemed like it could fit. :p Its yen right?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
That was Zongera lololol. He's slower than :080:

That sounds like an idea. We'd have to have a trio of starter birds (Hummonsoku/Hurricrane/Shockum).

That's me being stupid and forgetting the current form of Japanese currency, and putting in something that seemed like it could fit. :p Its yen right?
Oh yeah, it was you that posted it! ololol and yeah, it is slow.

I hadn't thought about it, but the Zippum family is two-stage while the Hummonsoku family is three-stages, so they can't really be counterparts. Hmmm.

Yes, it is yen. :p

JOE!

Smash Hero
added a link to the post in the OP, may just change the OP to that post, if you dont mind? :p

and yeah, what is this 3rd fossil psuedo in the works? The (Spino) and Bronto were going to be them...?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Screw the rules!

"Glochin"
(pronounced "glow" + "chin")

Type: Fire / Ghost
Ability: Levitate / Flash Fire

HP: 80
Atk: 75
Def: 80
Sp Atk: 100
Sp Def: 110
Spd: 80
BST: 525

Evolves from Gloguide when traded with Metal Coat
Class: Lantern Pokemon
Height: 2'4''
Weight: 7 lbs.
Colors: Its main body is red and the two funnels on its top and bottom are black with gold rims. It has yellow eyes with a black outline.
Pokedex Entries:
- The light that burns from inside its body is said to be able to beckon anything to draw closer to itself without fail.
- Festivals were once held in the olden days dedicated to Glochin and its relative, Gloguide. They were said to have been wondrous occasions.

Level Up Moves:

- Ember
- Safeguard
- Lucky Chant
4 Rapid Spin
10 Confuse Ray
14 Light Screen
19 Flame Wheel
24 Ominous Wind
30 Destiny Bond
34 Wish
39 Extrasensory
44 Shadow Ball
49 Healing Wish
54 Overheat

TM Moves:

Calm Mind
Toxic
Hidden Power
Sunny Day
Light Screen
Protect
Safeguard
Frustration
Solarbeam
Thunderbolt
Return
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Double Team
Reflect
Shock Wave
Flamethrower
Fire Blast

Rest
Attract
Overheat
Energy Ball
Focus Blast
Endure
Will-o-Wisp
Embargo
Explosion
Flash
Gyro Ball
Psych Up
Captivate
Natural Gift
Dream Eater
Swagger
Substitute
Flash Cannon
Trick Room

Move Tutor Moves

Trick
Helping Hand
Last Resort
Swift
Heat Wave
Ominous Wind
Rollout
Pain Split
Gravity

Egg Moves (Indeterminate Egg Group):

Extrasensory
Wish
Healing Wish
Memento
Will-o-Wisp
Curse
Trick
Hypnosis
Disable
Destiny Bond

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Thank the lord for Sir Bedevere! I propose a three cheers! :bee:

Though for whatever reason I'm not listed in the Top Contributors section. Hedgeree and Porcuprine are not pleased. >.>

I agree about the Fire-types, guys. I think we should be cutting down on the ones we've got first. Some of them (no offence to the creators) aren't really that inspired, if you get what I mean. I thought we'd already decided that Kittorch would be the starter, though.

Maybe it's high time I made a new Pokemon too... :ohwell:

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I retconned Glochin above and gave him a new picture.

Whee, so happy!

Alright, that'll probably be the last of the Fire-types from me. I'll try to make a design for Kittorch or something, since it's our only Fire-starter entry now. :ohwell:

Now, which Fire Pokemon would be good candidates for the Gym Leader's Pokemon in Cayenne City?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
They're both kind of based on Oriental lanterns, but yeah, now there's that Fire/Ghost option that people were pining for a while back. :bee:

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I'm working on a massive Uber-creations post. Give me a bit more time so you can all love them. :p

-Terywj
Oh yeah. This should be good. :) Just make sure you stick to the typical base stat totals!

Now, which Fire Pokemon would be good candidates for the Gym Leader's Pokemon in Cayenne City?
It doesn't have to be all Fire-types. Remember Volkner's Octillery and Ambipom? We just need to stuff his team full of Fire-type moves if anything.

I think we should stick with two pure Fire-types, one or two part Fire-types, and one or two non-Fire-types. That'll be a good setup.

Any luck with that fossil pseudo, Writer?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Two Legendary Quartets? This is madness!

Also, good points, RR, thought we definitely are not suffering from a lack of Fire-types to choose from. :bee:

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Wait. We already have a quartet?

We've decided to use the wyverns?

-Terywj
Well, they're on the list Sir Bedevere made, but I guess it's not necessarily a final thing, is it? (This is what I meant a while back by "consolidating" the 'Dex.)

And on a different note...

Tarzier

Evolves into Reamer at LV22
Type: Normal / Dark
Ability: Intimidate

HP: 45
Atk: 50
Def: 40
Sp Atk: 45
Sp Def: 40
Spd: 60
BST: 280

Class: Nocturnal Pokemon
Length: 1'6"
Weight: 15 lbs.
Colors: Most of its fur is light gray. Its eyes, neck stripe, and tail stripe are pale orange.
Pokedex Entries:
- Its large eyes leave it looking perpetually startled. They allow it to see in nearly complete darkness in the forest.
- Its eyes and portions of its body are able to glow in the dark. It is a timid Pokemon that lives in colonies in trees.

Reamer

Evolves from Reamer at LV22
Evolves into Riffaka at LV33

HP: 65
Atk: 80
Def: 50
Sp Atk: 65
Sp Def: 50
Spd: 90
BST: 400

Length: 3'0"
Weight: 48 lbs.
Colors: Most of its fur is light gray. Its muzzle, fingers, toes, ears, belly, "hair", and dark stripes on its tail are black/dark blue. Its eyes are yellow with orange irises. Its tail stripes and the stripes that make the markings on its back are pale orange.
Pokedex Entries:
- It lives in large colonies in forests. Due to its newfound bravery, it occasionally patrols the ground around the tree that it lives in.
- It is a somewhat rowdy and mischievious Pokemon. However, when danger threatens its tree, it becomes nearly undetectable in its branches.

Riffaka

Evolves from Reamer at LV33

HP: 80
Atk: 100
Def: 70
Sp Atk: 80
Sp Def: 70
Spd: 110
BST: 510

Length: 4'2"
Weight: 125lbs.
Colors: Most of its fur is light gray. Its face, underarms, belly, hands, ears, and dark stripes on its tail are black/dark blue. The ruff around its head is white, along with the ring around its muzzle. Its eyes are yellow with orange irises. It has white stripes on its tail.
Pokedex Entries:
- One is usually found as the leader of a colony of Tarzier and Reamer. It is capable of leaping extremely long distances between treetops.
- It startles enemies by making its tail glow and swinging it around. If this fails, it lets loose extremely loud shouts that are sure to scare a foe away.

Level Up Moves:

(This list is for Riffaka, so this is pretty much for the whole line)
(Italics signify a move that only Riffaka learns)

- Night Slash
- Feint
- Switcheroo
- Scratch
- Tail Whip
9 Foresight
12 Astonish
15 Quick Attack
19 Scary Face
22 Fury Swipes
25 Faint Attack
32 Tail Glow
36 Dark Pulse
40 Sucker Punch
46 Punishment
52 Hyper Voice

TM/HM Moves:

Focus Punch
Water Pulse
Calm Mind
Roar
Toxic
Bulk Up
Bullet Seed
Hidden Power
Sunny Day
Taunt
Ice Beam
Hyper Beam
Light Screen
Protect
Rain Dance
Safeguard
Frustration
Iron Tail
Thunderbolt
Earthquake
Return
Dig
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Brick Break
Double Team
Reflect
Shock Wave
Flamethrower
Sludge Bomb
Rock Tomb
Aerial Ace
Facade
Secret Power

Rest
Attract
Thief
Snatch
Focus Blast
Energy Ball
False Swipe
Fling
Charge Beam
Endure
Drain Punch
Torment
Embargo
Shadow Claw
Payback
Recycle
Giga Impact
Flash
Thunder Wave
Stealth Rock
Psych Up
Captivate
Dark Pulse
Sleep Talk
Natural Gift
Poison Jab
Dream Eater
Grass Knot
Swagger
Pluck
U-Turn
Substitute
Cut
Strength

Rock Smash
Rock Climb

Move Tutor Moves:

Fire Punch
Fury Cutter
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Knock Off
Sucker Punch

Trick
Thunderpunch
Vacuum Wave
Zen Headbutt
Helping Hand
Last Resort
Snore

Spite
Swift
Uproar

Ancientpower
Aqua Tail
Earth Power
Endeavor
Gunk Shot
Iron Head
Mud-Slap
Seed Bomb
Signal Beam
Superpower

Egg Moves (Ground/Humanshape Egg Group):

Moonlight
Mean Look
Nasty Plot
Double Hit
Beat Up
Fake Out
Assurance
Tri Attack

Counter
Encore
Teeter Dance
Double Kick
Mach Punch
Hypnosis

So it has a super movepool. Are its stats balanced enough?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
added a link to the post in the OP, may just change the OP to that post, if you dont mind? :p
You can if you want, but if you do, you'll have to copy the whole thing in there, since its time-consuming to extract the bits you want from such an HTML'd post.

Fire-type
:mad:

Though for whatever reason I'm not listed in the Top Contributors section. Hedgeree and Porcuprine are not pleased. >.>
Oh crap, I'm not sure how I missed them. >.< I'll add you right now.

Wait. We already have a quartet?

We've decided to use the wyverns?

-Terywj
Well, they're on the list Sir Bedevere made, but I guess it's not necessarily a final thing, is it? (This is what I meant a while back by "consolidating" the 'Dex.)
When I was making the list, I took anything that might be considered to be, or may, in the future become, a submission (which is why I added Tarzier, even though he wasn't completed). I didn't know if the wyverns were considered our "trio", but I added them anyway.

And what happened to our bug trio/legendaries guise? :( I thought we were set on that.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
When I was making the list, I took anything that might be considered to be, or may, in the future become, a submission (which is why I added Tarzier, even though he wasn't completed). I didn't know if the wyverns were considered our "trio", but I added them anyway.

And wanted happened to our bug trio/legendaries guise? :( I thought we were set on that.
And now Tarzier and its line are done! :bee:

I can't really think of any insects that'd be good legendaries at the moment. Except maybe scarabs and maybe those giant sphinx moths. And it doesn't even necessarily have to be an insect either (Armaldo) to be a Bug-type. Brainstorming!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Heheheh. I like my format. Short and sweet, to the point.

But for the Uber creations I have details on everything, including everything from TM / HM List to origin process. Too bad I can't draw.

-Terywj

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Heheheh. I like my format. Short and sweet, to the point.

But for the Uber creations I have details on everything, including everything from TM / HM List to origin process. Too bad I can't draw.

-Terywj
I'd volunteer to help out, but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised like everyone else when you post it.

Just kidding

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I kinda wanna make it post #999 or #1000. But having said that someone will probably stalk around and steal it from me.

But I'll post it by tomorrow, hopefully.

-Terywj

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I think it's because he used your format. :)
It's actually because I kept confusing the name with Tery's recent Dragon/Fire R-something-or-other Poke, so it was inevitable that I'd slip up and put it in the wrong place. <.>

Anyways, post has been updated with Riot's and Tery's/Mega's proper contributor standings.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Lol. That's true. I had Ryumori.

And I didn't really care about the standings, I just wanted to give Megalomaniac the credit for his Pokemon. :)

-Terywj

JOE!

Smash Hero
what is this i keep hearing about someone making a pseudo fossil when im making 2 allready? :p

(just busy with other things while doing it...)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
what is this i keep hearing about someone making a pseudo fossil when im making 2 allready? :p

(just busy with other things while doing it...)
I bet updating the OP isn't one of those other things (#jokedrum)

Writer Kupo has been working on a fossil pseudo-legendary for maybe about as long as you have, and it's not like you objected in the thread or anything. :p We'll just see what happens when we have our finished products.

On another note, I'm leading in number of submissions!
:bee:

Top Bottom