• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Sieguest

Smash Master
Hmm, nice :D

I have an idea, not sure about how it'll work though to determine who does what first. I was thinking of using Squall, then using the desync to get them to smash (usmash?) at the same time? Would that work? Then using the usmash values, check whether the target took 11 or 9 percent.

Am I thinking of the right desync? x.x

J4pu

Smash Champion
it might be hard to get the super synced Usmash off without squall also hitting the opponent, which would distort the dmg reading
if you video taped it then watched it though, you could just note how much was from the usmash and how much was from the squall. Actually the squall might add in a decimal reading so even that wouldn't be ideal
I would say save replay, but my testing was in training mode, I don't know what the vs equivalent is and then you have to unstale it anytime you mess up and always have the opponent starting at 0 to avoid decimal percentages.

yeah, the squall desync just sounds like a huge mess

Sieguest

Smash Master
Shoot, if I had a video recorder I would've video taped myself in training mode trying such a thing x.x and even then everything else you said would be a factor too. Although with a difference of 2 in the percentages you posted, if I only hit with the last part of squall, you could still accurately tell who's damage was calculated.

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
So Nana's moves don't decay huh? So basically, always use nana to charge smashes?

Sieguest

Smash Master
So Nana's moves don't decay huh? So basically, always use nana to charge smashes?
Actually, you want to use Popo to charge smashes, more knockback and damage than Nana.
V This is why

Training mode using running Usmash on a human control MK with no DI at FD
Popo: 11 dmg, kills at 101
Nana: 9 dmg, kills at 112

desynced so the other IC did not distort values

on another note:
ISSDI, scary or a hilarious joke of somebody just waiting to be grabbed?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267261

Nana's moves don't decay by themselves, but they follow the stale factor that affects Popo. So if only Nana hits with the move, there's no decay, but if Popo hits with the move and Nana afterward, she'll be subject to the stale factor that Popo just added but she won't add to the stale factor.

J4pu

Smash Champion
if your fsmash is fresh but you know you plan on using it 10 time in a row, then you would want to use nana (the only application I see this having is using Nana for the throw that does more dmg during CG's) in all other scenarios, popo's your man

Sieguest

Smash Master
So nana's USmash does ~2 dmg less and suffers from popo's decay?
Essentially, yes, whatever Popo's decay on any given move is, Nana matches.

And in the case of Usmash damage output, yes she does 2dmg less than Popo and has less KB.

InfamousLegato

Smash Cadet
This is a frustration post so excuse my poor wording / ranting within my questions

I can't chain grab beyond the d-throw.

1. F-throw = complete mystery. Nana moves too far / not far enough / Popo's throw sends them flying / CAN'T RE-GRAB

2. Buffer. What does it mean in Brawl terminology?

3. THE CG for Heavy characters (B-throw Nana Foot Stool Ice Block combo) . I can't get the Ice Block timing correct.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Hmm, I was wrong. After a simple test (Just USmashing them in Brawl Mode, if Nana didn't stale then the damage would be 21, if it did then it would be 19.65 or 19 displayed; it was 21), Nana doesn't seem to experience the -immediate- staling of Popo's move. I thought Popo staling moves but not Nana explained her lower damage (while still only staling the move once per "dual" move) perfectly, oh well. Now I'm curious exactly -when- a move enters the stale move queue. xD

Actually, you want to use Popo to charge smashes, more knockback and damage than Nana.
However this is wrong. At least in USmash's case, Nana has more knockback than Popo (Knockback Growth 113 vs Popo's 105; they both have 0 Base Knockback and 0 Weight Knockback). From what I've gone through of FitPopo.pac, Nana having stronger knockback but weaker damage seems consistent across the board.

... So I guess nobody knows the answer to my original question?

InfamousLegato

Smash Cadet
Thanks for that FrozenHobo, I love elitist **** replies from people with more posts and a title. /sarcasm

I have been practicing but I don't want to reinforce bad / wrong habits or techniques and I'm clearly not seeing the big picture on how to do these grabs.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ok, lets try it this way:

1) its a matter of how far you push the control stick (i.e. practice)

2) what is buffer is brawl 101. if you don't know what it is then go play MK so you don't have to worry about it.

3) you mash b. there shouldn't be any timing involved, but if you can't even mash a button then i would suggest, you guessed it, practice.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So I practiced SDIing in my shield on Zeldas Fsmash and ran into a problem.

I could get the Shield SDI but I would always roll forwards as I was moving in my shield. This seems to be a major problem. Is there any way to avoid this?

J4pu

Smash Champion
Hmm, I was wrong. After a simple test (Just USmashing them in Brawl Mode, if Nana didn't stale then the damage would be 21, if it did then it would be 19.65 or 19 displayed; it was 21), Nana doesn't seem to experience the -immediate- staling of Popo's move. I thought Popo staling moves but not Nana explained her lower damage (while still only staling the move once per "dual" move) perfectly, oh well. Now I'm curious exactly -when- a move enters the stale move queue. xD

However this is wrong. At least in USmash's case, Nana has more knockback than Popo (Knockback Growth 113 vs Popo's 105; they both have 0 Base Knockback and 0 Weight Knockback). From what I've gone through of FitPopo.pac, Nana having stronger knockback but weaker damage seems consistent across the board.

How do you explain Nana killing later in my test then? is it purely due to the wacky state of training mode or something else? you said they both start with same base knockback so that would imply at all percents >0 Nana would hit them farther.
About the stale queue, my theory has always been that it gets added upon the hitstun ending, my reasoning being grab attacks, how the faster ones don't unstale other moves when being done as fast as possible and the slower ones do. I'd bet it would be consistent between what pummels can force ground breaks and the ones that don't add multiple times to the stale move queue at full speed.

@Hylian
I had the same problem when trying to get multiple ISSDI inputs on a single hit attack
also, gray name... pro

I also have a question, what general changes would you make to your gameplay (ie. what strategies would you use) against a MK who is overly aggressive, but not ********.
I mean he won't land right in front of me when I shield but he's always on the offensive.
I haven't played him in a while but I want to win the next tourney I go to and this was the whole point of picking up IC's since he has no experience.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Seriously? But wait, how come Popo's kills faster than Nana. (I also did a test in training mode and got the same results as J4pu Popo killing at 101% and Nana at 112% x.x)

knockback is determined by
A+Bx right? Where is A is initial KB of a move B is the constant of that moves KB growth rate. and x is the amount of damage

In terms of that formula and J4pu's results,
Maybe Popo's A for Usmash>Nana's A by a margin so that
Popo's A+105(101) > Nana's A+(113)(101)

Except you said that both of their base KBs are 0....
so
0+105(101) < 0+113(101)
10605 < 11413

yet.
Popo kills at 101 compared to Nana's 112.

X________X
So confused now.

No, but the only thing I can think of doing now is maybe somebody with a friend can use port 3 and use snake or something and an IC player use port 2.

Then just need to find a way to have Snake shield drop a grenade and grab Nana, then see who experiences KB?

J4pu

Smash Champion
ganondorf, same testing method
popo: 124
nana: 137

either training mode messes with stuff or you got your statistics backwards, it looks like Popo's has more growth

ch33s3

Smash Lord
So I practiced SDIing in my shield on Zeldas Fsmash and ran into a problem.

I could get the Shield SDI but I would always roll forwards as I was moving in my shield. This seems to be a major problem. Is there any way to avoid this?
I actually figured this out mid tourney match yesterday. You need to mash it as you're in shieldstun, before you're able to move again, you can probably see it easier if you go slowly and speed up gradually until you nail it. With those multihit moves you kind of have to memorize it. I learned by having CPU DK Fsmash my shield over and over. It's great once you get good.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Did another one with charged smashes, training mode, cpu MK set to control. Fully Charged a Usmash during a grab- accounting for the 1% pummel damage.

Set cpu damage to 70% for Nana+ Popo's pummel during the charge making it 71%, Nana does 12%, MK survives at 83%

Set damage at 64%, grab, bthrow to Nana for 6% making 70% + 1% Nana pummel damage makes 71% Popo does 15% MK is ceiling K.Od at 86%

Tinkered with CPU damage got to 78% when +1% pummel damage from Popo made it 79%, Nana does 12 damage, MK is ceiling K.Od at 91%.

x.x confused

J4pu

Smash Champion
You need to mash it as you're in shieldstun, before you're able to move again
genius, follow the exact instructions for ISSDI, why didn't I think of that :/

what do you guys think about people ISSDI'ing blizzard, personally I don't think it will take long for people to get grabbed out of it and realize it's a horrible idea.
I mean if a blizzard is hitting their shield by all means ISSDI away but anybody who purposely walks into an IC's blizzard and shields to try and ISSDI through it is ********.

@guest
I am very confused too, not because of your data though, because I couldn't understand what you just said.
if you want to test a popo fully charged smash you shouldn't Bthrow into it you should just desync then grab with nana then slowly walk forward with popo to avoid throwing with nana, then charge.
when experimenting it is best to not change methods between tests.
even though from my understanding of how things work as long as it ended at the same percent it would be accurate to within 1% for the test.

Sieguest

Smash Master
@guest
I am very confused too, not because of your data though, because I couldn't understand what you just said.
if you want to test a popo fully charged smash you shouldn't Bthrow into it you should just desync then grab with nana then slowly walk forward with popo to avoid throwing with nana, then charge.
when experimenting it is best to not change methods between tests.
even though from my understanding of how things work as long as it ended at the same percent it would be accurate to within 1% for the test.
Well yeah. I had set the CPU damage to 70% to test Nana and adding Popo's pummel made it 71% (this is when she didn't K.O.)

Then I switched it to 64% to account for bthrows 6% when I threw to Nana in order to test Popo and then adding Nana's pummel made it 71% as well (Popo did K.O.)

Finally I just increased the CPU damage by 1 until Nana finally killed, with MK starting at 79% (that's including pummel damage)

I just went back now (between reading your post and starting this one) and did bthrow->bthrow with Nana and Popo and there's no decimal reading so I assumed the results were accurate (edit: I also just did consecutive pummels with the both of them and there's no decimal to that on either). It still basically shows that Popo kills earlier though x.x

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
How do you explain Nana killing later in my test then? is it purely due to the wacky state of training mode or something else? you said they both start with same base knockback so that would imply at all percents >0 Nana would hit them farther.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=216700

Knockback is calculated after the damage is added. You took them up to 112, USmashed and it killed, so you wrote down 112 as the kill percentage. This is false testing. You need to compare kill percentages as they are after the hit occurs, not before.

That said, it still doesn't add up. The difference in your testing means Popo kills at 112 while Nana kills at 121. Whereas the math in the afore-linked thread and everything it links to indicates even at equal damage after attack that Nana gives a greater launch. I can't really explain this, for all we know it could be blastzone mechanics, knockback mechanics, stale mechanics or any other of the near-infinite values or mechanics related to physics. At a guess I'd say it's something to do with stale moves (training treats them differently), since the last time I checked we still didn't know how staleness affects knockback exactly. :/

But yes, it's been known since nearly the start of Brawl that knockback was calculated after given damage. It was the same in Melee too.

About the stale queue, my theory has always been that it gets added upon the hitstun ending, my reasoning being grab attacks, how the faster ones don't unstale other moves when being done as fast as possible and the slower ones do. I'd bet it would be consistent between what pummels can force ground breaks and the ones that don't add multiple times to the stale move queue at full speed.
I actually did a bit of testing since my last post; I believe I've figured it out.

Basically, with PSA I modified Marth's FTilt so that it did 20% on all hitbubbles with no knockback (so there's no tip and predictable dmg with no kb so I don't have to worry about him being out of range for the second hits), IASA on frame 6, hitbox start on frame 1 and hitbox termination on frame 11. Originally I had it IASA on frame 1 but this caused complications (it was too easy to cancel the tilt into a walk accidentally, even when going frame-by-frame). So for this test, Marth's frame data for FTilt is:

Hit - 1-10
IASA - 6
Duration - 43
Base Damage - 20% (21 unstale, 19.63 w/ 1x stale)

I wanted to test 3 things here. 1) Hitting with the same move a second time before the first's hitbox expires. 2) Hitting with the move again after the first's hitbox has expired but before the animation expires. 3) Hitting with the move again after both the hitbox and animation of the first move have expired (i.e. after Marth has gone into another action entirely). Results:

Condition 1 - 42% (Both actions got the unstale bonus - after thinking for a bit about why Nana wouldn't experience Popo's stale entry, I expected this.)
Condition 2 - 42% (As long as the second action was initiated within the 43-frame animation, both actions got the unstale bonus - unexpected, as I thought the entry might have been made on hitbox expiry)
Condition 3 - 39% (Second hit was given 1x stale as long as it was initiated on frame 44 or after - expected for obvious reasons)

To double-check this, I tried buffering a DTilt into itself - sure enough, 9% on both hits. So from this we know that a move is entered into the stale move queue on the first frame of the next -different- action. Of course, this means you can abuse the buffer to get an unstale bonus for the same move twice in a row.

As a side note, from this we also know that the game checks 3 things in this order: 1) If anything is in the buffer, it goes directly into the appropriate action (taking into account certain button combinations, eg a dash buffered but with the stick held to the side on execution results in a walk), otherwise 2) it goes into air/ground idle appropriately, performing any actions associated with that frame's animation. Finally, 3) If there is any button input, the action is again changed on the same frame to another action based on the buttons input between the current frame and the last.

Incidentally, there's something else I found: If you buffer multiples of the same move, the game keeps track of how many times the move hits and adds the move that many times to the top of the stale queue (I noticed this after I was FTilting Snake constantly across FD for lulz, the next time I did the move after his death it did 9% rather than 19%, doing it properly frame-by-frame also confirmed this).

Of course, I double-checked this using DTilt again. 3 unbuffered DTilts produced a damage sequence of 9%, 8%, 7%. 2 buffered DTilts into an unbuffered DTilt produces the damage sequence 9%, 9%, 7%.

EDIT:
J4pu said:
i have a feeling ea got his climbers mixed up, not that he forgot who was who, just that the data he's looking at is mislabeled
I was looking at the data directly in PSA itself, it wasn't "mislabeled" lawl. I really don't know why it doesn't add up. :S

J4pu

Smash Champion
can you tell me how it was determined that kb is done post-dmg?
I remember reading it before but either the person explained something wrong or used a test that wasn't even able to determine it or I just didn't understand

I was able to confirm something strange though,
I went into a custom stage that just has a ton of platforms stacked above each other which I use for vertical kb / DI testing
and popo could first knock ganon onto the lowest platform at 3% before the hit
while nana could first do it at 4% before the hit
which means 14% post-hit for popo and 13% for nana, the opposite of the other test results
this does show that they have at least very close base kb

but, what this would otherwise point to when used in conjunction with my previous results is that kb is done pre-dmg
either that or kb growth is not a (single) linear function (for all characters) which would be a huge pain in the butt creating quadratic formulas, hyperbolic functions, and partial growth functions. this, quite frankly would be ridiculous and seems unlikely

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
can you tell me how it was determined that kb is done post-dmg?
I remember reading it before but either the person explained something wrong or used a test that wasn't even able to determine it or I just didn't understand
In general I use these threads for a consult regarding anything knockback:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210557
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162546

Together they cover the topic quite thoroughly. It's mentioned several times that knockback is calculated after damage is given, but unfortunately it's never really explained how that conclusion is drawn.

So I decided to do a couple of quick tests to settle the matter once and for all. :)

Again using PSA, I modified Marth's UTilt so that it does 0 damage, has 0 Base Knockback, 200 Knockback Growth (lulz), with other insignificant modifications to make it easier for me to take notes (trajectory/hitlag). I then made a second one with the same changes except this time it has 25% Base Damage.

With both of these I go into Brawl Mode and UTilt Meta Knight once and exit, then record the "Max Launcher Speed" for each. The Max Launcher Speed isn't a very precise measure of knockback, but it does at least tell us if there is a difference in knockback between two values (which is what we want - if the knockback is calculated before the 25% damage is taken into account, then the comparison should be identical). I do the test at both 0% and 100% for double-checking purposes, and again with 400 KBG. Results:

200 KBG, 0% Start, No Damage - 1,104
200 KBG, 0% Start, 25% Damage - 5,006
200 KBG, 100% Start, No Damage - 2,112
200 KBG, 100% Start, 25% Damage - 19,241
400 KBG, 0% Start, No Damage - 2,264
400 KBG, 0% Start, 25% Damage - 9,902
400 KBG, 100% Start, No Damage - 4,390
400 KBG, 100% Start, 25% Damage - 38,371

There is quite an obvious difference in all cases. So yes, knockback is calculated after damage is given.

As a side note, doing the test at all was kind of overkill for the purpose, but I didn't know that knockback growth without base knockback or damage could result in any knockback, so I did at least learn something from it, haha.

Not that this really changes the Nana vs Popo example, lawl.

Sieguest

Smash Master
That said, it still doesn't add up. The difference in your testing means Popo kills at 112 while Nana kills at 121. Whereas the math in the afore-linked thread and everything it links to indicates even at equal damage after attack that Nana gives a greater launch. I can't really explain this, for all we know it could be blastzone mechanics, knockback mechanics, stale mechanics or any other of the near-infinite values or mechanics related to physics. At a guess I'd say it's something to do with stale moves (training treats them differently), since the last time I checked we still didn't know how staleness affects knockback exactly. :/
Could it be on a by percent basis?

Step 1. k := b + dg/r

Step 2.
If k > 2550: F[l] := k + (a[y] - 1)c
If k < 2550: F[l] := k

pulled this from one of the threads you posted.

Assuming you replicate a situation. r is negligible because the number would be identical, and since the bases for the move identical b is negligible as well.

So looking at dg
MK is K.Oed at 121 by Nana, a difference of 9 from before MK was hit.
I'm thinking that launch speed growth is interchangeable with KB growth?

So 113(121)=13673

for Popo the kill happens at 112, a difference of 11 before MK is hit.
105(112)=11760

Now in the concerning of the cases I'll start with case 2 because it's simpler.

meaning the initial launch force equals the k value.

So if we go per percent now

13673/9= 1529.222
11760/11= 1069.091

In this case, Nana has more force per percent of her move(as well as in general), maybe that explains her higher KB growth.

In case 1 (a[y]-1) is negligible because the numbers would be identical and with the topic of k all ready being illustrated above, the only changing thing I would see is the "c" factor.

Could Popo maybe have a higher c than Nana which would be enough to have Popo kill earlier?
(Assuming it falls under case 1, but considering MK I wouldn't think that "r" would be a large enough value to bring the value below 2550 in fact it'd have to be around 5.398 for it to just fall below 2550 and considering the constants associated with MK's weight (Meta Knight: 0.904, 0.68) I'd think it'd fall under case 1, also referencing the results from the usmash tests.)

J4pu

Smash Champion
In general I use these threads for a consult regarding anything knockback:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210557
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162546

Together they cover the topic quite thoroughly. It's mentioned several times that knockback is calculated after damage is given, but unfortunately it's never really explained how that conclusion is drawn.

So I decided to do a couple of quick tests to settle the matter once and for all. :)

Again using PSA, I modified Marth's UTilt so that it does 0 damage, has 0 Base Knockback, 200 Knockback Growth (lulz), with other insignificant modifications to make it easier for me to take notes (trajectory/hitlag). I then made a second one with the same changes except this time it has 25% Base Damage.

With both of these I go into Brawl Mode and UTilt Meta Knight once and exit, then record the "Max Launcher Speed" for each. The Max Launcher Speed isn't a very precise measure of knockback, but it does at least tell us if there is a difference in knockback between two values (which is what we want - if the knockback is calculated before the 25% damage is taken into account, then the comparison should be identical). I do the test at both 0% and 100% for double-checking purposes. Results:

0% Start, No Damage - 1,104
0% Start, 25% Damage - 5,006
100% Start, No Damage - 2,112
100% Start, 25% Damage - 19,241

There is quite an obvious difference in both cases. So yes, knockback is calculated after damage is given.

As a side note, doing the test at all was kind of overkill for the purpose, but I didn't know that knockback growth without base knockback or damage could result in any knockback, so I did at least learn something from it, haha.

Not that this really changes the Nana vs Popo example, lawl.
interesting, you should modify the kb growth one more time with the base and dmg set to 0
see if you get the same launch speed.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
J4pu said:
interesting, you should modify the kb growth one more time with the base and dmg set to 0
see if you get the same launch speed.
Sure, why not? Doing the same test, but with 400 KBG this time:

0% Start, No Damage - 2,264
0% Start, 25% Damage - 9,902
100% Start, No Damage - 4,390
100% Start, 25% Damage - 38,371

Roughly double in all cases, as I expected.

Guest438 said:
In this case, Nana has more force per percent of her move(as well as in general), maybe that explains her higher KB growth.
Maybe. That appears solid in theory, but I don't understand why from a programming perspective they'd have that kind of scale in their character editor, rather than a linear scale. :/ But it does check out, haha.

btw, using this to calculate "c" gives:

Popo USmash
g = 32.4
b = 2218.78
c = 155.53927697744
Nana USmash
g = 29.46
b = 2265.603
c = 154.37006885929

Although I'm beginning to doubt the accuracy of their math now that we can create case studies with PSA like this and things aren't adding up. Also I don't know if that's the c you're talking about but it's the only one I can think of that is related to those threads.

J4pu

Smash Champion
200 KBG, 0% Start, No Damage - 1,104
400 KBG, 0% Start, No Damage - 2,264
this part confuses me so much
I mean the numbers correlate to the difference in growth, but there should be no growth due to no dmg

also, this
I also have a question, what general changes would you make to your gameplay (ie. what strategies would you use) against a MK who is overly aggressive, but not ********.
I mean he won't land right in front of me when I shield but he's always on the offensive.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Maybe. That appears solid in theory, but I don't understand why from a programming perspective they'd have that kind of scale in their character editor, rather than a linear scale. :/ But it does check out, haha.
Maybe it's a way they tried to balance the characters.

btw, using this to calculate "c" gives:

Popo USmash
g = 32.4
b = 2218.78
c = 155.53927697744
Nana USmash
g = 29.46
b = 2265.603
c = 154.37006885929
That might explain why Popo kills earlier despite Nana's growth, a difference in 1 up in that range could make the difference.

Although I'm beginning to doubt the accuracy of their math now that we can create case studies with PSA like this and things aren't adding up. Also I don't know if that's the c you're talking about but it's the only one I can think of that is related to those threads.
=/ Well, I can't work with PSA and such, I've no hacks (:p) and that c looks about right to me except, the only problem is that the g seems a bit off, those numbers show that Popo's growth>Nana's growth, but that Nana's base>Popo's base. The exact opposite of what your numbers from PSA show 0_0.

I mean the numbers correlate to the difference in growth, but there should be no growth due to no dmg
Hmmm, I wonder if the move acts like an excessively strong wind box or something like that. That would explain the launch and no damage. Did the target enter into hitstun and KB?

I haven't played him in a while but I want to win the next tourney I go to and this was the whole point of picking up IC's since he has no experience.
Desynced retreating blizzards, if he tries to go over you uair him, if he goes excessively high make some distance so that you can reset positioning. Definitely bait him into moves like shuttle loop or something that you can definitely punish. I would just say, keep your spacing up the whole way through to limit his aggression in whatever way you can.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Clearly, we were wrong in assuming KBG requires damage to do anything. It's the only explanation I can think of that makes sense. By the way, G&W's UAir windboxes have no BKB or Damage, only KBG, yet still gives knockback at 0%, which obviously supports this.

Maybe it's a way they tried to balance the characters.
I dunno, a linear scale makes more sense to me for that purpose. But I guess we'll never know for sure.

J4pu

Smash Champion
G&W's Uair increases kb with dmg? I never knew
must be a small multiplier/coefficient/ whatever type of constant is for whatever type of function this game uses

thanks for the advice guest

what causes Nana to do a Dash grab during the popo bthrow > nana regrab?
is it pressing grab late or holding the control stick too far to the side, I never had this problem until recently, and she still regrabs but it usually messes up my CG after that

ch33s3

Smash Lord
G&W's Uair increases kb with dmg? I never knew
must be a small multiplier/coefficient/ whatever type of constant is for whatever type of function this game uses

thanks for the advice guest

what causes Nana to do a Dash grab during the popo bthrow > nana regrab?
is it pressing grab late or holding the control stick too far to the side, I never had this problem until recently, and she still regrabs but it usually messes up my CG after that
Yea, it's pressing late. You should be able to do this on command, it allows you to get a longer charge on your usmash. Make it the last throw, buffer a backthrow into your usmash.

xExile

Smash Cadet
When you're going for the finish on a chaingrab and you start charging the up smash if nana or popo throws in the middle of you charging your smash is it because I'm c harging the smash too late or what? I usually don't have this problem but it's becoming more frequent these days and costs me some kills sometimes. =/

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Are you charging with Stick+A? If so, then don't. Use CStick+Z to charge smashes, and it will never throw. If you already are, then you're knocking the main stick somehow, pay attention to your fingers lol.

btw, I personally don't charge smashes at all. There are some -insanely- good mashers in my region (mashed out at 110+ hax), so I tend to just CG them higher and popo-smash them outright. But that's beside the point. :p

Top Bottom