• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

JOE!

Smash Hero
the thing is: Flyin's submission was voted in with the intent of chaning it heavily afterwards, whereas mine fit the stats, etc, but simply needed a small tweak to make it look a bit less haloweenish and/or more pokemon-esque.

what is being suggested with flyin's is to completley alter the thing so that only the markings and like head dress are recognizeable, itd be like making a completley new pokemon. That is what is irking me, people picked it with the intent to warp it to the stats rather than a design entry that at least met the requirements decided by that point (bulky grass/ghost). Sure it looks cool, but was it right for the project AT THE TIME of submission?

Or are these smashcap art contests open to change throughout the process which would make the poll unecessary seeing as the picture voted wont even be the one we use?

I dont mean to drag this out, and would be glad to go to PMs with...whoever, but im just horribly confused why there was a poll for somethign that was to be changed drastically?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Well, seeing as how no new design has been put out yet, I don't think I'd go as far as to say that the winning design's going to be changed drastically yet. I'm working on it right now; I'm hoping some little tweaks will be enough to make it look more like the role, because I don't want the people that voted to feel cheated, or whatever. Though, like I said earlier, even some existing Pokemon's stats don't seem like they fit (e.g. Vaporeon/Dusknoir's respective HPs, Miltank's Speed), but it doesn't really change that much.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
There's one on Smogon by Deck Knight I think.

You can find it in one of the SmashCAP 1 threads or just in the previous Smogon CAP threads.

-Terywj

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'm making the counterpart, but I got stuck on aesthetics and names a-****ing-gain.

I have the other stuff pretty much figured out though. I was actually hoping on coming up with the movepool and maybe a sample name for each stage (at least for a general direction of where I'm heading with it) and then posting it all later tonight. As for whether or not that'll happen, I don't know. I never know anymore.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Ohh. I don't want this to sound offensive or anything but it didn't really look Dragon-esque to me.

-Terywj
No offense taken :)
The only reaon I wanted it to be a dragon is so its not an Aerodactyl clone >.>
also, a lot of dragons don't look like dragons.
Altaria is a cotton covered swan-thing
Garchomp is a shark
Looks like a sharpedo evo to me >.>

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Lagmite

Evolves into Cusplunk/Gorjaw/Jowlunk/Jawbrick/Grantooth/ Rockjaw at LV40
Type: Rock
Ability: Waterproof - This Pokemon takes 1/2 damage from Water attacks.

HP: 80
Atk: 80
Def: 60
Sp Atk: 10
Sp Def: 60
Spd: 10
BST: 300

Class: Cave Pokemon
Length: 1'8''
Weight: 35 lbs.
Colors: The upper part of its body is white to very light gray, and the lower part of its body is dark gray.
Pokedex Entries:
- Its body is formed by mineral deposits from dripping water. It can be found on cave floors or ceilings.
- It is said that large colonies of Lagmite exist in the deepest caves. It grows by sitting under dripping cave ceilings.
Wild Hold Item: Mineral Water - Restores 15PP of a Pokemon's move. (5% chance)

Cusplunk/Gorjaw/Jowlunk/Jawbrick/Grantooth/ Rockjaw
(need to choose a name)

Evolves from Lagmite at LV40
Type: Rock
Ability: Waterproof - This Pokemon takes 1/2 damage from Water attacks

HP: 120
Atk: 130
Def: 100
Sp Atk: 30
Sp Def: 100
Spd: 20
BST: 500

Class: Cave Pokemon
Length: 7'5"
Weight: 1230 lbs.
Colors: Its body is brown, but its teeth, which are made of the bodies of Lagmite, are still white.
Pokedex Entries:
- It patiently sits in rocky areas with its mouth wide open. If something mistakes it for a cave and wanders in, its mouth closes.
- There have been legends of plunderers hiding treasures inside of this Pokemon's mouth. No one dares to verify these claims, however.
Wild Hold Item: Mineral Water - Restores 15PP of a Pokemon's move. (5% chance)

Level Up Moves (also applies to Lagmite):

*Italics refer to a move that only the final form can learn

- Fire Fang
- Thunder Fang
- Ice Fang
- Tackle
- Harden
5 Horn Attack
10 Rock Throw
15 Spike Cannon
20 Spikes
25 Rock Tomb
30 Rock Blast
35 Block
40 Crunch
45 Double-Edge
50 Stone Edge

TM/HM Moves:

Roar
Toxic
Hidden Power
Sunny Day
Hyper Beam
Protect
Rain Dance
Frustration
Earthquake
Return
Dig
Double Team
Sandstorm
Rock Tomb
Secret Power
Rest
Attract
Endure
Explosion
Giga Impact
Rock Polish
Stone Edge
Avalanche
Gyro Ball
Swords Dance
Stealth Rock
Captivate
Rock Slide
Sleep Talk
Natural Gift
Poison Jab
Swagger
Substitute
Strength
Rock Smash
Rock Climb

Move Tutor Moves:

Zen Headbutt
Helping Hand
Last Resort
Snore
Uproar
Ancientpower
Earth Power
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Mud-Slap
Outrage
Rollout

Egg Moves (Mineral Egg Group):

Selfdestruct
Screech
Block
Slam
Double-Edge
Iron Defense

New Geodude alternative?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I like Rockjaw for it. I would have said Grantooth, but it sounds more like what an in-between evolution for those Pokemon would have.

Alright...so I'm going to ask this before I kill myself trying to figure this over for the millionth time.

Considering we already have a fossil pseudo-legendary in JOE!'s, does ANYONE oppose to me making this a one-stage, full-on legendary? I ask because it would cut out a lot of my editing, which is ultimately what my issues are. The reason why I'm asking this is as opposed to just doing it though is because making it into a legendary would basically ensure that fossils (or at least time travel) would be a decent-sized part of the game, and I don't know if you guys would really want that. As for the options as a full legendary, I could either up the BST for it to 670/680 and make it the bigger legendary of the game, or I could keep the BST at 600 and make it more Heatran-like in the sense of what it'd be as a legendary.

Thanks to all those that respond.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well I don't see why you shouldn't follow through to show us what you've got. But it's completely up to you. If you feel JOE!'s Rexxor is a filler-enough idea then leave it at that.

But I personally would at least like to see what you have written up, even if it's not meant to be a real submission.

-Terywj

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Alright. I'll post what I have so far. This is meant to be based on the Kronosaurus, but
I changed the obvious -Water to -Ground so it was a little more unique. Plus it gives it a bit of an ironic twist; much like Tyranitar being based on Godzilla (which could basically live underwater (or did so even) iirc) yet was made to summon a Sandstorm. Anyway, here it is.

Name: ??? (stage 1)
Type: Rock/Ground
Ability: Rock Head
Gender Ratio: 87.5% Male, 12.5% Female
Egg Group: Ground
Evolution: ??? (stage 2)@Level 30

Base Stats
HP: 50
Attack: 68
Defense: 50
Special Attack: 45
Special Defense: 45
Speed: 42
Total: 300

Name: ??? (stage 2)
Ability: Rock Head
Evolution: ??? (stage 3)@Level 55

Base Stats
HP: 70
Attack: 88
Defense: 80
Special Attack: 65
Special Defense: 65
Speed: 52
Total: 420

Name: ??? (stage 3)
Ability: Mold Breaker

Base Stats
HP: 110
Attack: 138
Defense: 100
Special Attack: 85
Special Defense: 75
Speed: 92
Total: 600

Notable moves that I've gotten listed so far include Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Head Smash, Stealth Rock, Rock Polish, Earthquake, Crunch, Ice Fang, Aqua Tail, Fire Blast, and Fire Fang.

NOTE: I purposely made this thing to rip things apart so badly that it would become a Suspect with little to no difficulty; and eventually become Uber. As such, I don't really care if it becomes a more prominent legendary. It would just make it easier on me tbh. As for ability, I could keep Rock Head for the final evo if I wanted. But I wanted it to get STAB EQ with Mold Breaker, because it's too boss to pass up.

As for aesthetics, the name Kronosaurus was based on Cronus, so I was hoping to implement that aspect into it in some way. My ideas were making the fins more sickle-like, and maybe something with time. But past that I was at a loss. The transition from the first stage to the second is supposed to be something like Bagon -> Shelgon or Larvitar -> Pupitar; only it would probably be due to the rock plating on its skin encasing almost all of its body. The transition from second to third would then be breaking out and shattering the majority of it; which is where Mold Breaker comes in. But I'm honestly lost on what else to do with it, or if the current choices I made were even good.

So yeah, help me and stuffs.

EDIT: @FF: I'd still like to keep it a fossil, but it's not necessary.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'm not doing so because of canon. There hasn't been a single legendary (including pseudo-legendaries) that has more than one ability, which is why I'm sticking with the single ability.

Otherwise, yes. That would be the logical decision.

JOE!

Smash Hero
hmn, Rexxor and Kronus (lulz, time joke AND kronosaur :p) seem to be at odss with each other:

Kronus is slightly faster, but Rexxor is so much tougher, while both have super-stabs vs each other....

also, finalized my thoughts on Rexxor's signature move:

Eviscerate: the pokemon ruthlessly slashes at their opponent, leaving a terrible wound.
Dark - Physical - 50>40>30>20>10 BP - 5 PP - 90% - 1 Target
Additional Notes: The move acts like a Damage over Time version of Hyper Beam. After the initial hit for 50 bst, the pokemon will be "Wounded", and take the following bst's mentioned above for the next 4 turns. Due to their wound, the pain gives them a chance of flinching half that of the damage, so 25, 20, 15, 10 and 5% chances repectivley.
Users: Rexxor

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
I'm not doing so because of canon. There hasn't been a single legendary (including pseudo-legendaries) that has more than one ability, which is why I'm sticking with the single ability.

Otherwise, yes. That would be the logical decision.
Wait, If this is a legendary/uber, Can mine be the fossil? :)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
BTW Writer, that thing might be OU or even BL because Rock/Ground is one of the worst Type combos in the game.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Well my legendaries all have 2 abilities.

>__>

-Terywj
Haha, well it's alright with me if other people's designs don't fit into canon. Rexxor, for instance, has no 4x weakness and no immunity, yet it's still a pseudo-legendary. I just like keeping everything within boundaries when it comes to Pokemon. I think it helps a Pokemon keep its Pokemon-ish feel.

As for your question Charmander, I don't know if it's still going to be the pseudo-legendary or not. No one has told me to change it, so for now it's staying where it's at.

BST of 680
HP: 110
Attack: 154
Defense: 115
Special Attack: 90
Special Defense: 100
Speed: 111

Ability would change to Rock Head due to the low amount of Ubers with Levitate, and because Head Smash coming off a 447 (or 407 if you go Jolly to outspeed Lati@s) Attack stat is just too dominating to not be used. As for BSR, this hits Rank 10: Amazing. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out why. I just thought I'd post it to show what I'd do if it were made into a full-on legendary. And because I like making Uber stats. Tantalizing over how broken something is is quite fun. :3

EDIT: @UltiMario: Think of it on the offensive, not the defensive. I already realize its horrible typing, which is why I went over the hill to give it a great ability to go with its STAB EQ, and gave it decent Speed as well. If worse comes to worst, Scarf it and use it to revenge kill basically everything not named DDMence. Abusing EQ would be way too easy for this guy. I think you're forgetting a fundamental rule in Pokemon: just because something is killed by quite a bit of ****, it doesn't mean it's not going to be used. Base 138 Attack, 92 Speed, and STAB QuakeSlide w/ Mold Breaker for EQ is incredibly scary. Knowing that he could exist on the opponent's team will make them tread very lightly with choice-users and things with priority, because as soon as he hits the field and sets up (although just slapping a Scarf or Band on him pretty much ruins that idea as well, so yayyy) then it's almost ensured to be gg. He's a lot like Garchomp in that he could easily have an entire metagame revolve around him. I'm not denying that the Rock/Ground typing gives it a lot of short-comings, but what it has to make up for those short-comings is enough to easily put it in high OU; if not Suspect (and considering the Ubers metagame, it probably wouldn't take much to find it a spot there either).

EDIT2: If it became an actual legendary I could change it to Rock/Water w/ Swift Swim as well, if you want to get into making something guaranteed Uber. I'm pretty sure it would absolutely love running alongside Kyogre, with either stat spread.

JOE!

Smash Hero
wait, what is rexxor's 4x?

when i looked it over he just had a bunch of weaknesses, but no super weakness

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
wait, what is rexxor's 4x?

when i looked it over he just had a bunch of weaknesses, but no super weakness
It doesn't have one, which is what I was saying. Pseudo-legendaries up to this point have had an immunity of some sort and a 4x weakness as well. The only one to not have a 4x weakness is Metagross, and all of them have had an immunity.

Interestingly enough, if you made it Rock/Steel it would get both and would also follow aesthetically. I can't imagine it would be a good adjustment though. 4x weaknesses to Ground and Fighting, two of the most used move-types in the game, is BAD.

@UltiMario: I didn't say it would be uncounterable. I was just saying that there wouldn't be a lot of things to stop it. It would be one of those threats that every team would have to make sure it had a strong counter (as well as revenge killer) for, otherwise it would dominate.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
So, Rexxor cant be one based on stats alone? (or appearance :p)

also any opinions of Eviscerate?
It just breaks canon. That's all. It can still be a pseudo-legendary with its current typing and such.

JOE!

Smash Hero
ok, lets see here...

I think we should change direction a bit, seeing as we got a good chunk of what could be "main" pokemon, want to start filling up the "pre-history" dex?

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
If we continue with the pre-history stuff, maybe I'll come up with a gator/croc (one that fits the era better than Feraligatr and obviously isn't a starter). Gators/crocs have been around forever and barely changed the whole time.

Top Bottom