• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB PR Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Sorry Chibo :( Cheer up though man, the matches were really close, and there's a reason Japes is banned in 99% of NJ tournaments.

:059:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
o wow your ish!?

i had no idea you were the mod lol, completely didnt make the connection :)

im not mad about losing to you, it's more just in general. you did great

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
it's cause idk if I'm saying it right now, but when I read your name on the boards I say Eye - Shy - Eee - Moro, and hearing @ tourney Ish didn't match at all

lol i played pokemon the whole way home. grass stone was available at the pokethlon so I needed to do mad events and buy it to evolve my weepinbell :)

edit: on topic discussion...

ummmm

so holys not rob anymore? that sucks. shouldnt he still be on the pr though? if hes not ROB anymore now, that means he was still rob for the period this ranking is ranking

Sudai

Stuff here
Rule 1: Don't get hit.

Wolf discussion in the proper MU discussion thread and general talk in the social thread please. Last warning before the infractions start flying.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
I come back after a day of activity to find a page of Wolf discussion...

Seriously, vex, go troll stingers with visitor messages, gtfo our PR discussion.

get those lists posted soon guys, last day is Wed.

also: If you want to include Holy in your list, include him as a "wild card" or "WC" as explaned here. So put him in your list as a 0.5 or 1.5 or wherever you feel he should be, but include 10 other ROBs as well.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I come back after a day of activity to find a page of Wolf discussion...

Seriously, vex, go troll stingers with visitor messages, gtfo our PR discussion.

get those lists posted soon guys, last day is Wed.

also: If you want to include Holy in your list, include him as a "wild card" or "WC" as explaned here. So put him in your list as a 0.5 or 1.5 or wherever you feel he should be, but include 10 other ROBs as well.
Hush Scrub.

T0MMY

Smash Master
unbiased view: me > chibo
biased view: me >>>>>>>>>>>> chibo

pretty obvious here...
This trash talk made me chuckle. Usually the trash talk here is best to ignore or else it just brings the flames, but I don't know why I found this entertaining.

Don't listen to Chibo n' friends, if you're consistently outplacing him then don't let them downplay it. Both your placings and who you play should be looked at, but the ol' SWF trick is to say you didn't play against anyone "good" (and that's relative to their whim).

I've been outplacing all other R.O.B.s (EC & WC) and all I've ever heard is "easy bracket" this and "I lost to better players" that.

Keep on playin', it's not what the "cool kids" say who's best, it's your own personal improvement. Both wins AND losses make one better, but putting others down will always make one worse.

Inactive = not on power rankings

Why are you so upset about it?

We know what you've done, but that's old news and doesn't affect what we're discussing here. You're the one who needs to be more polite. You may want to rethink the attitude you use to present to us how 'nice' AIB is, or just lighten up and learn to take a joke. Once you become active again you will be considered, I hope you place highly and beat a lot of good people, more top ROBs couldn't hurt.
First, obviously not upset, don't make it out like I take what any of you guys say to heart. I love you all in your own quirky ways, but the only person I listen to is myself.

Second, yeah, I know, old news. Maybe you missed my post saying I'll be back from winter break soon enough. And while you're going back and reading the posts you overlooked, check out my post saying I don't want to be considered for the PR. The PR is no motivation on my activity, I will stay fairly inactive during winter months regardless.

In the meantime I'll be compiling all of your posts into The Official "Why Everyone Should Worship T0mmy" Thread.
And lastly:
Threads about individual members:
http://www.smashboards.com/announcement.php?f=176&a=186

But good luck with that.

My top 5

1) t0mmy (ineligible for the vote but pwns all of you)
2) Stingers
3) Jamnt0ast
4) HugS
5) Ocean

Teh Future

Smash Master
Rule 1: Don't get hit.

Wolf discussion in the proper MU discussion thread and general talk in the social thread please. Last warning before the infractions start flying.
you have no idea what you're talking about and you don't even play this game

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Too many disputes over who's the best ROB, a title that's not even that worthy of having. IMO Stingers and Chibosempai are about the same, I think NinjaLink is better than both of them both not by that much and T0mmy is definitevely top 5. I think it's stupid how people keep mentioning Ocean just cause they saw videos of him pulling "flashy" stuff in a friendly video against a MK that's not even as good as most MK in USA. I could tell just by watching the video, everytime I watch M2k play MK you see the difference right away compared to other mks.

The list imo if we count NinjaLink.

1)NinjaLink
2)Stingers/ChiboSempai
3)T0mmy
4)Hugs
5)Jamntoast

Silhouette

Smash Lord
I think it's stupid how people keep mentioning Ocean just cause they saw videos of him pulling "flashy" stuff in a friendly video against a MK that's not even as good as most MK in USA. I could tell just by watching the video, everytime I watch M2k play MK you see the difference right away compared to other mks.
^^^This already.

Too many disputes over who's the best ROB, a title that's not even that worthy of having. IMO Stingers and Chibosempai are about the same, I think NinjaLink is better than both of them both not by that much and T0mmy is definitevely top 5.
T0mmy doesn't want to be on this list on account of inactivity. Havn't heard from HugS or Jamnt0ast in awhile, but without results its tough to rank them.

There has also been tons of confusion with people who are good with ROB but merely secondary him, like NL or TeeVee, especially without them posting who they beat with ROB.

First, obviously not upset, don't make it out like I take what any of you guys say to heart. I love you all in your own quirky ways, but the only person I listen to is myself.
My apologies, your post just seemed a little edgy to me. I appreciate the effort you put into advancing ROBs metagame and info you share, I just don't see you identify or recognize others for their work too. I understand that you have been inactive and you will be recognized as so.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Too many disputes over who's the best ROB, a title that's not even that worthy of having. IMO Stingers and Chibosempai are about the same, I think NinjaLink is better than both of them both not by that much and T0mmy is definitevely top 5. I think it's stupid how people keep mentioning Ocean just cause they saw videos of him pulling "flashy" stuff in a friendly video against a MK that's not even as good as most MK in USA. I could tell just by watching the video, everytime I watch M2k play MK you see the difference right away compared to other mks.

The list imo if we count NinjaLink.

1)NinjaLink
2)Stingers/ChiboSempai
3)T0mmy
4)Hugs
5)Jamntoast
good post

i kno ninjalinks rob is ****, its just that i havnt seen results for it. are there any here? theres also like no results for stingers. or tommy. hugs doesnt play brawl. idk about jamn. im not doubting anyone, but if ppl could post results that would be awesome.

as for your top 2/3 though without looking into the results too much thats what i feel like it is like

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Lol, I just put Ocean on my list for lulz. I don't he's the best, and it's not like he'd be ranked on here anyway, that's why I had (lol) next to it. Anyway, I took it off when I redid my list for the third time. =P

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
It's too bad Teevee doesn't want to be listed on cause he's top 5 material too. Anyway the list seem pretty good considering it's based on tourney results, someone should contact NinjaLink to see if he really wants to be listed here lol.

TheMike

Smash Lord
i have no wins with rob, dont include me on here
Last update probably, as we are not sure about NinjaLink:

1 ChiboSempai
2 Stingers
3 Mister Eric
4 Silhouette
5 TheMike
6 Fishy
7 Tin Man
8 ZombieSwarm