• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
I didn't mention sharks because there's not much that can be done that hasn't already been used with Sharpedo (maybe make one that fits Rough Skin better?)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Different kinds of sharkes, I guess. A whale shark Pokemon would be pretty cool.

Don't forget insects (as if we don't have enough already) and reptiles like crocodiles, etc.

-Terywj

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
I'll work on the croc. I've got time while not playing HG. I suck at drawing so don't expect a pic. I'll do my best with the rest though.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'll work on a design for the Whale Shark Pokemon I guess. Since you know, I don't have HeartGold yet.

And by design I meant like stats / movepool, not artwork. Ahaha.

-Terywj

Spire

III
BRoomer
I would've expected a comparison to Geodude first:

This actually looks like a nice intervolution to Shellder and Cloyster. I like the design, a definite keeper. I'm going to design some Pokemon for this project. I'm not statician, so you guys can help me figure that out.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Joe, what do you expect from a bunch of poke-fans? The games hold our attention more than theorymon stuff like this (especially when the games in question are new)

I'm trying to work on my croc, but am getting distracted easily. Plus I'm sorta waiting for some inspiration on a gimmick/unique quality for it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Joe, what do you expect from a bunch of poke-fans? The games hold our attention more than theorymon stuff like this (especially when the games in question are new)

I'm trying to work on my croc, but am getting distracted easily. Plus I'm sorta waiting for some inspiration on a gimmick/unique quality for it.
Theorymon holds my attention more. But I'm a minority.

JOE!

Smash Hero
BTW, I am coming up with an idea for a new Uber for this region....has to do with the bad-guy's plans in the prehistoric zone ;)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
This is the predecessor to the legendary warriors.

Ansor
Fighting Pokemon
Type: Fighting / Ground
Ability: Serene Grace / Guts
Stats: 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 100

Level-Up Moves:
-- Swords Dance
-- Focus Energy
1 - Karate Chop
10 - Foresight
20 - Seismic Toss
30 - Low Kick
40 - Agility
50 - Brick Break
60 - Hammer Arm
80 - Cross Chop
90 - Aura Sphere
100 - Earth Power

Other
Focus Punch, Zen Headbutt, Earth Power, Mach Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, ThunderPunch, Superpower, Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Blaze Kick, Grass Knot, Stealth Rock, Bulk Up, Thunder Wave, Skill Swap, Sky Uppercut, Embargo, Thief, Pursuit

-Terywj

JOE!

Smash Hero
Neat.

Guys, got two questions to pose to you:

1) would you be willing to add "wounded" as a Dark type status effect, to go along with eviscerate?

2) What are your thoughts on the new Uber being a legitamte ??? type?

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Neat.

Guys, got two questions to pose to you:

1) would you be willing to add "wounded" as a Dark type status effect, to go along with eviscerate?

2) What are your thoughts on the new Uber being a legitamte ??? type?
How about a better name...
Like scarred

JOE!

Smash Hero
Scarred doesnt make sense though, as that would imply a PERMANENT change

Wounds would be severe damage wise, but all you need are potions to clear them

UberMario

Smash Master
He wants a status where the pokemon bleeds to lose health . . . . good luck getting an e-rated game out of that.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Note that eviscerate has a 90% accuracy

I intend it to be stackable

and nothing about a legit ??? type?

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Speaking of ???, perhaps we should make Hidden/Secret Power, Natural Gift and those other type-varying moves that type as well. I mean, come on. The only type they can't be is Normal, and yet despite the physical/special split they are still labeled as such.

Ugh. I haven't posted here in a while...

As for Wounded, I don't know. I'd go with UberMario's statement and say it really really does not fit in a game where you cannot die and your Pokemon faint, but I can't say anything beyond that.

About the Uber ??? type, I'm ambivalent about it. I think it might be pushing the number of unique legendaries too high, or even of all Pokemon of it happens to be the only one of that type. Eventually when/if we add the SmashCAPs to the Dex and if SmashCAP 3 is already built then we can add that, but then it's still too unique.

And Metal~Mario, ??? is neutral to everything. I think.

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, lemme post the story behind this Uber:

Glactirea (name subject to change, based on glucose/bacteria for it's "single cell" theme) the Beserk Gene pokemon

Ability: Adaptation: It is unique in that it's base stats (will allways be a total of 670) reflect that of what is is fighting. As it is a simple cell, it can change it's structure slightly to "adapt" to the situation, gainign high ATTK vs a foe with high DEF, etc.

It will only do this for the foe's highest stats and only for Atk, Def, SpAttk and SpDef. it's HP and Speed are a constant base 110.

Appearance: It is a large single-cell, about the size of a Venusaur. It is green, translucent with a purpleish Nucleus with a single eye resembling Dusknoir, but with a reptillian pupil, usually with tentacle-like cillia to use as arms.

Shiny is pure translucent with a blue nucleus

Signature Attacks: Glactirea comes with 2 unique ??? type moves, which are not resisted nor are good against any other type.

Infection:
Status - --Pwr - 80% ACC - 20 PP
Description: Using it's ectoplasm (right word? i forget...), the pokemon will give it's opponent a terrible disease.
Effects: Lowers target's Def, SpDef and Speed by 2 stages.

Digest: Physical - 10 Pwr - 80% ACC - 15 PP
Description: The pokemon covers the foe with their body, absorbing them, and attacking up to 5 times. Each hit of digestion heals the user for the damage dealt.
Effects: hit's 2-5 times, heals user per hit.

The other moves it comes with are Power whip (cillia) and Zap Canon (bio electricity)

Background:

As the (villain group) heads back to their base with the stolen DNA of the powerful Ancient Pokemon found in the Prehistoric Zone, you (the player) intervenes at their mobile laboratory, causing the DNA samples to mix into a malfunctioning re-animator (what the arcehologists use to bring fossils back). This results in creating a monsterous cingle-celled pokemon with highly unstable DNA, and attitude, which proceeds to wreck havok on the site. the player can then either un from it as it takes down the lab, or battle it. If the player runs, it will then be a roaming creaure.

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, nothing cn top Zook until Chuck Norris becomes the fighting-type Uber.

anywho, any other thoughts on the second mad-science created pokemon? (after mewtwo, of course :p)

JOE!

Smash Hero
Glactirea? I can see him working out well enough

he has no weakness, nobody resists his...lol stab, has a great debuff, and he matches the opponent's stats with it's respective counter

JOE!

Smash Hero
not necesarily, as he becomes specialized per pokemon

So say, you send out a nidoking who has higher Spec than Attk, and is his highest stat

Glactirea would then adapt and make SpDef his highest stat, making the rest at 100-ish

this leaves him open to using a Physical move, etc, as he doesnt resist anything due to typing

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
You're probably going to have to be uber-specific on it, since in your example Nidoking's Sp Atk is stronger (say on a Mixed Set) then would Glactirea's Sp Def skyrocket?

Also, when the "copied" Pokemon switches out Glactirea keeps the stats it originally had switching in and would not alter again until it switches back in, right?

Change the name of the ability, since Adaptability is already an ability name and is very similar.

-Terywj

JOE!

Smash Hero
Adaptation, not adaptability

and it works like intimidate: only on switch ins with the pokemon that has it.

Seeing as it allways has a BST of 670, and 110 Hp and Speed, the nidoking example would be:

110 HP
100 ATTK
100 DEF
100 SPEC
150 SPEDEF
110 SPEED

670 total

the balancing factor f this is of course his "meh" movepool, along with not resisting anything

JOE!

Smash Hero
double post, but whatever, i think it is time to start thinking of our story/billain group, now that we have a potential uber based off them and the park?

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
Uhhhh.....

(villian) discovers an artifact of Glactiria from ancient times and finds out that it started a "calamity" of sorts, where it ate pokemon and people. But it was killed by Tery's four UBER warriors when the ancient people prayed to the gods for salvation. The villain then uses the time machine to obtain Glactiria and uses it to (objective/motive still unknown). The main character must awaken all four warriors to stop Glactiria. Plot twist:
It turns out that the four warriors are defeated this time because of something (don't know what yet; a hold item?) that Glactiria has in this time period. Causing the main char to fight it himself (with all 6 pokes at once!!!) with +6 all stats courtesy of the warriors. Also you must faint it before you catch it (any pokeball will work on it after it's dead)

Whaddya think?

Still needs some work, but that's the basic idea. It's so hard to come up with original scenarios since this is pokemon.....

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Thanks dudes! Last week was my spring break, and I was in Ireland with the marching band. Fun stuff. I got Heart Gold the day before we left the country but I decided not to bring the DS, so I was experiencing Pokemon withdrawal symptoms. But everything's better now. :)

Top Bottom