• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jujment Day (May 29th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUJ

Smash Cadet
Jujment Day
Brawl & Pokemon

5802 Silent Forest
San Antonio, TX

I can house anybody the whole weekend.

Contact
Phone: 210 327-1478

Events and Fees
$2 venue fee- For food (optional for those who don't want to pay)
Food will include hot dogs, pizza, snacks, and drinks.
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Appeals- Free (if you qualify)
Pokemon-$5
Whatever everyone votes on - $5

Event Schedule
1:00 PM - Brawl Singles & Pokemon
Redemption will start when there are only 8 entrants left in singles.

Payouts
Brawl
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Pokemon
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Brawl Singles

Stages
Starter Stages
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick Stages
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

General Rules
3 Stock for Brawl. 4 Stock for Melee. 4 Stock for Brawl Minus.
8 minute timer.
Items are set to "Off" and "None"
Matches are best of 3. Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are best of 5.
Controller port disputes will be resolved by Rock-Paper-Scissors or higher number with G&W's SideB.
Brawl: First round stage will be determined by stage strike system. Melee: Random with one Stage Strike or use Brawl method.
No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
In teams matches, ports will be 1221.
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
If sudden death occurs (outside of timeouts), sudden death will be ignored and a 1 stock, 4 min overtime match will take place on the same stage.
Make sure you fix your controller and your tag before you start playing. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

Meta Knight's infinite dimensional cape.
Any infinite grab (including wall grabs) if the opponent is over 250%. For wall infinites, this does not apply if the wall will eventually go away, i.e. PS1.
Stalling, including planking and scrooging (gliding under the stage repeatedly), is banned. Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. If you are unsure a tactic is considered stalling, ask the TO before using it

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. Brawl Only. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners and the sudden death will be ignored.
Ledge Grab Limit Rule: Characters are allowed to grab the ledge a total of 50 times per game. If you think that your opponent grabbed more than this, check the stats after the round. If it is exceeded the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your match (not the set). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.
MikeHaze rule: No yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent.
Chibo's Video-for-the-masses rule: You cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event.

Appeals (Redemption)

Same ruleset as singles.
Everyone who places 9th and below or 13th and below (depending on attendence) will be put into another seperate bracket. Winner gets his entry fee back ($10)

Pokemon

Standard play- No Ubers, illegal moves, illegal stats,

Clauses- sleep, evasion. species, OHKO.

Three substitute pokemon

Trainer card- will be filled out before the start of the tourney. you must list pokemon, items, movesets, stats, and abilities. Purpose is to provide a check for scouting. Player can ask for the opponents trainer card after the match. If things don't match up, player will be disqualified. (non entrant will be checking the trainer card)

Please bring setups (SA especially)
Bring Your Own Controler/Charger

Suspect

Smash Hero
You should just make everyone pay, cause im willing to bet someone will not pay the venue fee but will try to get something to eat/drink. Don't make it optional.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Court/Justice lingo for Redemption, creative. Might make this one if nothing comes up this weekend.

JUJ

Smash Cadet
Yeah There will be doubles as long as you guys are up for it.

@ Magik No they are just one match rounds but there will be a losers bracket. the subs are their for the chance you might run againt some one for a second time or know you have problems with a specific team (Sand Storm) or combination of pokemon ( Skarm/Bliss). Your subs will be registered with you six othr pokemon. I know I cannot stop scouting but thats why I put the trainer card.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
castro wont be there, finally someone else can knock me out of bracket

and do doubles if enough people want it. I <3 Doubles (if i find a partner >_>)

Nike.

Smash Hero
Sadly, I won't attending this event. I'll out of town while this is happening :(

And I hope you guys bring setups for this. There's no Nike to bring half a tourney worth of stuff this time and I'd feel really bad if JUJ got overwhelmed because of this.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'll also be out of town so no austin probably.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'll be there.
I'll be supplying two TVs and a Brawl setup.

I might enter Pokemon too.

Nike.

Smash Hero
That reminds me. Pictochat was banned at Nikefest2. I completely forgot about that til after the tourny was over.

Sonic King

Smash Rookie
i wonder if my teammate jowii could show up lol.. and plus i will be better than ever this tourney

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Sadly, I won't attending this event. I'll out of town while this is happening :(

And I hope you guys bring setups for this. There's no Nike to bring half a tourney worth of stuff this time and I'd feel really bad if JUJ got overwhelmed because of this.

Pro-i wont have to do marth dittos with nike which i hate.
KoN-i will have no one to play melee with :(

i can bring a wii and brawl.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Five that I know of...P4 will be driving us there Saturday morning...we'll stay the night, and leave early Sunday morning. I guess we'll figure out where to house when we get there, since we choices, lol...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i would like to go but im broke as SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll be bringing my laptop for livestream (or record vids if a livestream has already been arranged).

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
****, family pulled a relatives-coming-over-this-weekend this late in the week. I have to change my availability to unable to go :/

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
So I am still going (not like bero) but I just might not be able to enter into anything. Maybe the Pokemon though... maybe. But not Brawl.

Razer, I want friendlies. And I hope we don't get interrupted again, like the last two times.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would assume it would be more fair to keep her legal just this last time, since I'm sure people have devised a team including her. Call it a last hurrah.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I would assume it would be more fair to keep her legal just this last time, since I'm sure people have devised a team including her. Call it a last hurrah.
Get out! I want that ***** gone.

Just one less thing to worry about. Now if they'll just get rid of Mence. Which is a good possibility.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Where's Houston staying tonight? I wanna play them.
We haven't left yet, lol...we'll be there tomorrow morning and will stay the night...as for where, we're not sure yet.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Get out! I want that ***** gone.

Just one less thing to worry about. Now if they'll just get rid of Mence. Which is a good possibility.
Man F you. I love those two.

Anyways if my Latias is out then I'll have to have a different pokemon come in. And I have two pokes who fit the job description just fine.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Man F you. I love those two.

Anyways if my Latias is out then I'll have to have a different pokemon come in. And I have two pokes who fit the job description just fine.
LOL <3

Latias should not be uber IMO, but if Latias AND Chomp are, then Mence should be as well. He's better than both of them lol.

JUJ

Smash Cadet
I am on the side of letting her stay due to the fact that people have already made thier teams and it is hard to switch up your team on the fly. But to be fair I think I will leave it up to a vote for all the players entering the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom