• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jujment Day (May 29th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
LOL <3

Latias should not be uber IMO, but if Latias AND Chomp are, then Mence should be as well. He's better than both of them lol.
Mence is a little better than Latias but no way is Mence better than Chomp.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I am on the side of letting her stay due to the fact that people have already made thier teams and it is hard to switch up your team on the fly. But to be fair I think I will leave it up to a vote for all the players entering the tournament.
Sounds good

Mence is a little better than Latias but no way is Mence better than Chomp.
How do you wall a physical sweeper?

How do you wall a mixed sweeper?

There is no "safe" switch into Mence in the OU metagame.

Though with Chomp, you know he's physical and you know with his limited move pool what he's throwing at you.

With Mence, his move pool may not be the biggest but it's an amazing one.

The only thing Chomp has over Mence is a little more bulk, a stupid speed stat, and resists SR.

Otherwise Mence has intimidate, stronger Atk and SpAtk, Dragon Dance, the SpA to actually utilize Draco and Flamethrower.

He can't be walled and completely rips stall teams a new one. Chomp can't do any of that.

JUJ

Smash Cadet
Important Changes:

I am not trying to jerk anyone or pull some last minute BS but I am thinking I cannot keep track of who will be getting food or not so I will have to make the $2 venue fee manditory. All in all people are getting a good deal for $2 you are getting all you can eat Hot dogs, Pizza, Chips, Drinks, and varous other snacks.

Also I am sorry to inform anybody wanting to house with me that work ****ed up my schedule. I can still house anybody wanting to stay the night but have to get you guys out by 7:30 AM. I have to work for Memorial day weekend eight is the latest I can go in. If that is too early Tofer is also able to house you guys.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Sounds good

How do you wall a physical sweeper?

How do you wall a mixed sweeper?

There is no "safe" switch into Mence in the OU metagame.

Though with Chomp, you know he's physical and you know with his limited move pool what he's throwing at you.

With Mence, his move pool may not be the biggest but it's an amazing one.

The only thing Chomp has over Mence is a little more bulk, a stupid speed stat, and resists SR.

Otherwise Mence has intimidate, stronger Atk and SpAtk, Dragon Dance, the SpA to actually utilize Draco and Flamethrower.

He can't be walled and completely rips stall teams a new one. Chomp can't do any of that.
And yet, one of the two is uber...

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
You really think Smogon knows what they're doing? They just banned Latias and put Manaphy in OU for a week and now they're putting Mence through the suspect ladder :laugh:
Lol, who said anything about that? I just said that one was Uber and the other is OU. xD

Silly 4th player.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
lol@ pokemon debate.
I think I'm going to learn pro pokemon too.
Since it's bigger than I thought.
You're not into Pro pokemon? But-but your name is leaf...with a Venonat for your Avvy. :X

JUJ

Smash Cadet
I don't konw what the heck smogon is up to half the time. I played with manaphy a couple of times on the shoddy suspect ladder and swept every time lol. As for latias I don't see too much of a problem. the problem smogon has with her is not that she changed the meta game quite a bit ie (scarf Tyranitar). IMO I think mence and chomp are not totally destuctive either. I usually counter with heatran against mence because not many players pack quake on mence anymore, and there are still pleny of bulky water types with access to Ice moves to scare away those two.

SA has a pretty good pokemon scene. I just hope most of them come to represent. I heard they are currently having a pokemon tourny in arlington as well. It is a perfect time to jump into competative pokemon especially with 5th gen coming around the corner.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I don't konw what the heck smogon is up to half the time. I played with manaphy a couple of times on the shoddy suspect ladder and swept every time lol. As for latias I don't see too much of a problem. the problem smogon has with her is not that she changed the meta game quite a bit ie (scarf Tyranitar). IMO I think mence and chomp are not totally destuctive either. I usually counter with heatran against mence because not many players pack quake on mence anymore, and there are still pleny of bulky water types with access to Ice moves to scare away those two.

SA has a pretty good pokemon scene. I just hope most of them come to represent. I heard they are currently having a pokemon tourny in arlington as well. It is a perfect time to jump into competative pokemon especially with 5th gen coming around the corner.
I love this post. I don't want people getting me wrong about Mence, Latias, or Chomp. My whole point is I don't think ANY of them should be uber. But Chomp and Latias both are, and I feel Mence is soon to follow since he's as good/better than both.

If I had a dollar ever time I've heard you say that...at least it's to me now. :)
I should bring my DS with my crap team this weekend, huh?
Lol, yeah bring it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You might as well Leaf...something to do on the four hour ride over there, lol...

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
ATTENTION ALL SA PLAYERS!!!!

JUJ and me successfully moved the room so we are able to hold 11 setups. Including JUJ's room.

Right now you can bring setups if you want but bring TV's then Wii's. I'm not bankin on Houston bringing a full setup so SA has to step it up if we want to make this happen.

Let's show that SA can host good tourneys just as well as Houston.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Yeah, I guess we don't reallly have room for setups or anything.
Well, I'm all ready to go. I should go to bed because I know I will find a way to not wake up in the morning.

Dang. I still gotta go get some cash for tomorrow too. Trip to walmart go!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
razer was sent to losers finals by gnes. ESPY beat razer in LF to go on and fight gnes in GF where he lost.

top 3

Gnes(diddy)
Espy(sonic)
Razer(snake)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I have the results. I'll post them up in just a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom