• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

UncleSam

Smash Master
I'm one the wikipedia page for GoW and Locust seem kinda noobish.
lol they worship worms.

yeah I guess plasma does **** them, the wiki doesn't say anything special about them.
the GoW wikia says that lack an ability to actually think about self-preservation as they never retreat, making the point of another Locust supporting one null.
They use basic Infantry tactics.

JOE!

Smash Hero
So...do we have a winner?
yeah, Covenant edge out the better built Locust with brains and better tech...

(been busy on my end with stuff, been having like the worst month of my life. After I recovered from the car crash i got friggen pnemonia)

BOSS FIGHT!!!!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Wikitroid quoting the official Metroid website said:
"Extremely dangerous! Giant lizard-like monster over two stories tall. Possesses iron-shredding claws and fires small projectiles from its mouth. When angered, shoots regenerative claws from giant openings in belly. Can be destroyed by hitting soft tissue in mouth with Missiles. DANGER LEVEL: VERY HIGH."
"Soft tissue (weak spot)"
"Iron-shredding claws"
"Regenerative claws"
Regenerative claws are probably out of the question, but iron-shredding should mean enough to tear up Gohma's hide.
Also, which one/version/what size? (applies to both lol). I'm going off of Gohma from WW from the pic. Kraid on the other hand, varies on size(even big Kraid) from game to game.

Kraid's size changes through out the games. For example, in Metroid, he is about the same size as Samus, whereas in Super Metroid and Metroid: Zero Mission, he's roughly 65 ft. tall. In Super Smash Bros Melee he's even larger, appearing to be about 120 ft. tall.
On the other hand, Gohma could wrap around its neck, attack its gut/arms/tail with claws and bites, and could screw Kraid over if it can knock it onto its back/side. But it needs to watch out obv. Getting within range could mean tail swipe/grab>tear off limbs/bite/body slam. Gimme something to work with here. /MUpiquesinterest

UncleSam

Smash Master
In Wind Waker?
no.

How could you JOE! you have to make me choose between my favorite series and my favorite game!
I'll never forgive you.

If we're using legit, not 8-bit Kraid, we're talking about two bosses that stand in the same ****ing place for the whole fight and are approx. the same size. We have little info on their movements for both. Gohma in WW breathes fire and swings his claws at you, Kraid shoots claws from his belly, has detachable claws that he can throw, projectiles from mouth, and tail swipe?
it's obv. that Kraid doesn't need to move.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Lol @ Windwalker.

And from what I know about each boss, it looks to be in Kraid's favor. He can shoot multiple claws at Gohma and its eye seems to be more of a weak point than what Kraid has. But I don't know what each spit entails so it could go in either's favor for now.

JOE!

Smash Hero
its on the last page and the OP :p

and kraid's body is up for grabs....but Gohma's armor protects all but (her?) eye

UncleSam

Smash Master
just say "it" if you aren't sure.
we could also assume Gohma could behave like his little buddies throughout his temple...
oh so be like:
"Hey look! I'm Attacking! Hit me!" for 5 seconds and then (attempt to) hit you.
and IMO from recently playing Metroid Zero Mission the only way to get to Kraids Jaw is if you shoot him in the Eye and that just pisses him off more.
Missiles will just bounce off any part of his body (canon-wise) in reality it'd probably tickle him (IDK, lol)

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Well if Ghoma's primary form of attack is fire...and Kraid lives in high temperature lava caverns...wouldn't fire be ineffective.

UncleSam

Smash Master
lol never thought of that.
Also Gohma has a big*** eyeball.
EDIT: kinda
EDIT: maybe
EDIT: why am I making so many edits?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
But even if it curled up Kraid can keep the pressure on Gohma. And Gohma has to uncurl sometime right? Me thinks Kraid has this.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I see Kraid winning more via being Gary Oak squishing Gohma with his girth, or tearing off her armor/limbs/head.

Gohma rolling into a ball = lol. Kraid just does what Toon Link does when they(Magtails) do that, or if not, then at least pick her up and slam her onto the ground repeatedly.

And if anything, the spikes on Kraid's stomach are a one-time deal/shot. He could pump them out or somthing, but they most likely won't regenerate.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I think Kraid has this, hands down. As everyone is eluded to, there is no way for Gohma to really hurt Kraid and it can't defend as well as it would like to...

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Agreed, Cloud can't do anything except maybe punch, which will not beat a blade

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Unfortunately... Chrono has no military training whatsoever, Cloud on the other hand had significant effective military training.

In spite of the significant difference in weapon quality... nod probably goes to the seasoned military vet over a random inexperienced teenager.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
What exactly does Cloud's training consist of? He may have signifigant raining for Final Fantasy tactics....but are their even katanas in Final Fantasy? Unless he is specifically trained in disarming foes, then I think Chrono can still win this, A sword still hurts hell of a lot more than any military martial art.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
What exactly does Cloud's training consist of? He may have signifigant raining for Final Fantasy tactics....but are their even katanas in Final Fantasy? Unless he is specifically trained in disarming foes, then I think Chrono can still win this, A sword still hurts hell of a lot more than any military martial art.
The soldier program seemed to be pretty much standard modern military, with weapons training, CQC, and the fact that he carried his sword with him suggests they trained in personal weapons
even though it obviously wasn't the standard for shinra infantry

Since he was in the soldier program in the first place
and flunked out due to intolerance to mako
that places him head and shoulders above the average military member.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
And did Chrono ever receive training of any sort in his Katana? If not, then I suppose as much as I hate to do so, I'd have to give my vote to Cloud.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
What exactly is Mako? Is is similar to ZSS's chozo enhancement (DNA) or something else? Because if it isn't I don't buy Cloud's super strength without muscle definition nor do I buy him picking up his sword.

Top Bottom