• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
@UncleSam

I was basically kidding about the Molotov. clearly a Pipe Bomb is more devastating, I just like Molotovs.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Eh. Try and take the actual character's skills into the equation. In 4 1v1s at once, Bill would be able to outdodge bullets more than Coach, Francis and Nick would probably be even, Ellis would out-last Louis with Adreneline as Peelz will just negate pain (and he could OD if he took too many), and Zoey would probably be able to beat whats-her-face. Given their different eqipment, though, Id say L4D2 still wins, but L4D1's crew still has more of a chance than people are thinking.

EDIT: FFFFFFUUUUUUU I FORGOT THIS WAS MY 500th POST! FFFFFUUUUUUUU-eh whatev's Ive got 500 posts.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Weapon set makes the fight for the L4D2 team

If I broke it down. . .Bill really has the biggest advantage experience wise. Francis would probably be next up followed by Coach. Nick, Louis and Ellis would probably have similar experience, Ellis maybe a tad moreso and Zoey is, without a doubt, the better out of her and Rochelle (everyone hates Rochelle). When it comes to experience, L4D team are the clear leaders. They have a 'Nam vet and a hardcore biker on their team. L4D2's "best fighter" is a chubby PE teacher. With that in mind though...Coach is also the biggest and (in all realism) probably the slowest of all of them. L4D2's heavy-hitter gets taken down fast.

And the whole pipe bomb/molotov debate depends on how "realistic" this thread really is. In the game, the pipe bombs have a fairly length timer to them that pretty much exists to lure in the infected before it explodes. The molotov however is an instant explosion of flame; whether or not it kills them instantly, if you're on fire, you're not going to be fighting back or anything. So yeah, pipe bomb explosion is certainly deadlier...but if it has a timer to it, it could easily be used against the L4D2 team. And if it's impossible for pipe bombs to have a timer IRL I apologize, just goes to show I know nothing about deadly makeshift explosives >.>;

Peelz also don't help a whole lot really; a bullet to the head is still gonna put you down either way.

JOE!

Smash Hero
they put Lois into god-mode tho :p

but yeah, if the pipe-bombs worked on timers in L4D, theyre using *those* ones here....

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Oh but of course. Peelz do most certainly unleash the raging beast deep inside Louis.

So after doing -HOURS- of research. . .(okay not really). . .but I've found out that, if you exclude the actual events of L4D/2. . .Bill, Francis, Louis and Nick are SEEMINGLY the only people with gun experience. Bill was in 'Nam, Francis was a biker/outlaw, Louis would frequently go to gun ranges during his lunch breaks and Nick has a bloody past.

With that in mind, the L4D team is easily the better prepared. They also seem to be the more "stable" group as, despite how much friendly fighting they may have....well...they don't have a Nick. Nick doesn't give a rat's *** about the other L4D2 members until later in the game soooo...their cooperation is questionable.

I'd really say that the L4D teams wins this one. They've got the experience, knowledge and teamwork to take down the L4D2 team especially if they can use their pipe bombs against them somehow. -IF- the L4D2 team were to win this. . .I'd say it's purely because of weapon set (which is a shame because they'd technically be able to all use the same weapons).

Smady

Smash Master
Oh but of course. Peelz do most certainly unleash the raging beast deep inside Louis.

So after doing -HOURS- of research. . .(okay not really). . .but I've found out that, if you exclude the actual events of L4D/2. . .Bill, Francis, Louis and Nick are SEEMINGLY the only people with gun experience. Bill was in 'Nam, Francis was a biker/outlaw, Louis would frequently go to gun ranges during his lunch breaks and Nick has a bloody past.

With that in mind, the L4D team is easily the better prepared. They also seem to be the more "stable" group as, despite how much friendly fighting they may have....well...they don't have a Nick. Nick doesn't give a rat's *** about the other L4D2 members until later in the game soooo...their cooperation is questionable.

I'd really say that the L4D teams wins this one. They've got the experience, knowledge and teamwork to take down the L4D2 team especially if they can use their pipe bombs against them somehow. -IF- the L4D2 team were to win this. . .I'd say it's purely because of weapon set (which is a shame because they'd technically be able to all use the same weapons).
Very smart analysis and I agree completely. I'd put it more down to the levelling of the first game by the developers in trying to figure out ways to make them believable in wielding every weapon, but eventually found out that no one really cares and thus just went the Resident Evil way of, "even this news presenter can wield a flame thrower." Works.

REL38

Smash Lord
I just remembered how squad gun fights is a lot more different than shooting large groups of zombies that always charge

I'm sorts leaning towards LFD squad due to Trinity saying they got more experience meaning they'll do that much better

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I think it's a draw. L4D2 has better weapons, but L4D has superior fighters, specifically Bill begin a trained military soldier.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I think it's a draw. L4D2 has better weapons, but L4D has superior fighters, specifically Bill begin a trained military soldier.
I may be inclined to agree...

L4D2 has the superior weapons, which will account for alot of wins...

but out of the "1000 battles", the better fighters of LFD will shine...

any objections?

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Not to farmiliar with the Locust technology but they are the Gears of War, right?

Plasma is a caustic, burning energy form that in addition to the blunt trauma of being a semi-solid (and relatively large ammunition) would leave the foe defeated...though this may be a fault, I'm unsure of plasma initial killing power. The Plasma grenade is an instan kill if it connects, and the sword is weildly but a flamethrower is a wall of flame. Locust has a superior sniper rifle as plasma carbine probably wouldn't kill in sucha small amount...again i havent looked at plasma related physics in a while.

So basically I see it as this:

Sniper: Locust
Rifle: Elite
Grenade: Elite
Close range(?): Locust

So my decision hinges on the fighting style/disciple of the locust as elites were fairly trained, and the exact physics of plasma. hook me up with the details on those.

JOE!

Smash Hero
the flamethrower/sword are their "special" weapons

as for fighting styles and diiscplines:

The locust are both very intelligent and savage brutes. Averaging at 7ft, and having thicker bone structure/muscle/etc, barely any human could hope to stand up to one in a fair fight. Layered on this is a good knowledge of tactical warfare and combat training, although usually they are seperated into specialized units.

The Elite is aslo physically superior to a human. Being 7ft as well, but having much different physiology, in the back and legs, suggesting the Elite would be more mobile to counter the locust's strength. Unlike the locust, Elites are very highly trained and versatile warriors, using cunning and vast military know-how over brute force to win battles.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm leaning Covenant just from Joe's description, I'd need to do more research to have a clear opinion though.

In general, highly disciplined tactical formation > brute force, as has been proven again and again in warfare.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I'd say covenant for two reasons:
1. I always end up going against Adum for some reason and this time is no different
2. In a gun fight you don't need brawns for ****, you just need to know how to handle a gun, and speed is the covenants edge.

but in reality, Plasma weapons wouldn't work under an atmospheric environment, it would dissipate into the air ionizing it killing everybody including the user. I swear if I could derail myself and ***** just to win I would in this situation.
btw no matter what Locust has a better sniper because large groups+snipers don't go together if they're on the same side, small groups+snipers are a different case, they can effectively snipe and move and still be low profile.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
i thought plasma could be created in small quanities inside a regular atnosphere? am i wrong?

regardless, if the elite is using plasma, and it would dissipate as you say, i`m led to believe the covanent`s physiology would have safeguards from it.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
regardless, if the elite is using plasma, and it would dissipate as you say, i`m led to believe the covanent`s physiology would have safeguards from it.
Nope.

Ever read the Halo novels? Where Master Chief turns the plasma weapons of the Elites against them after he punches through their shields?

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. It burns them as readily as it would burn anything else.

Smooth Criminal

JOE!

Smash Hero
for energy weapons we have that futre tech clause....

because essentially: whats the huge difference between being killed by a laser or being blown to bits by an Ak-47 / grenade /modern day weapon?

The laser simply burns thrugh with a ****-load of energy, whereas the bullets punch right through you and explode your insides

PowerBomb

Smash Master
So do Elite's get cloaking or are they going to be doing that queer-*** roll from Reach?

EDIT: Yeah, that sounds silly.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Right, I forgot the cloaking, I suppose that would give them an edge they need.

UncleSam

Smash Master
for energy weapons we have that futre tech clause....

because essentially: whats the huge difference between being killed by a laser or being blown to bits by an Ak-47 / grenade /modern day weapon?

The laser simply burns thrugh with a ****-load of energy, whereas the bullets punch right through you and explode your insides
kay so everything is fine and dandy?
back to covenant.
1. I always end up going against Adum for some reason and this time is no different
oh crap I said this because I swear Adum said Locust for a second.
I should read more.
Anyway you say locust are separated into small units, how many per unit? Because troop organization could easily sway this. Once Covenant finds Locust tho they will mow them down. Locust needs surprise to pick down Covenant. But since they both have similar weaponry I don't see how Locust could do big amounts of damage fast unlike Ike's mercenaries would have in Season 1.

Plus a flamethrower would seem kinda useless. Plasma would cause dat stuff to BLOW.
i thought plasma could be created in small quanities inside a regular atnosphere? am i wrong?
the only stable plasma in our environment is in labs the hold plasma chambers which are specially made to compress plasma so it's suitable for experiments.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
So how would Locusts 'picking up' teammates work? If someone's bleeding out, you can't just pick them up and then be on your merry way, can you?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Also, can the locusts get up if they get to cover, or do they just bleed out?

I'd imagine punctures or something would hurt, and not being able to patch it up on the battlefield would seal the victim's fate.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Well something to take note of is Locusts are not up against bullets, but plasma which will burn right through them armor and everything.
your body is made up of carbon and other elements right?
carbon melts at 6000K
plasma is many many times hotter then that.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Well something to take note of is Locusts are not up against bullets, but plasma which will burn right through them armor and everything.
your body is made up of carbon and other elements right?
carbon melts at 6000K
plasma is many many times hotter then that.
Mostly C but yeah

So would a burn just be completely bypassed and the skin would melt/un-react or something?

UncleSam

Smash Master
yeah pretty much wherever the shot makes contact, if it can't resist the heat to an extent that it would stay solid then it would just melt away.

not only would the shot melt skin, organs ect. it'd cause shock, maybe trauma so even if the shot isn't lethal the pain is enough to stop the target in it's tracks.
Our bodies just aren't built to withstand things like that, maybe because it's so uncommon in our atmosphere.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I doubt Locust are made to withstand that stuff either.

Since they're on 'Earth', their bodies would likely be made out of a similar organic structure to ours, right? Not silicone sci-fi stuff or anything like that?

Top Bottom