• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[m-1, 14, 28] avril lavigne mafia - over

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok so here are my abridged reads so you guys have something to work with:

chaco/rockin: need to reread them more. Was pretty neutral on chaco but rockins latest post gives me good vibes

tom: unsure what to think about his more casual presence but i have town read thus far. Could be because i was on his nuts so hardcore in barhouse and now im not so paranoid though. Hoping he brings more to the table if activity increases because if not he'll need to be looked at more. Still trying to figure out if i find his willingness to keep holding hands with omni after omni asked him about it and pointed out the problem of recruiters and what not, stranger then omni actually going ahead and saying all those things.

MK: vocal and frustrated. AtE makes my scumdar go to **** so i have a very muddled read here but based on his interactions with omni i dont see any of that being SvS which suggest MK as town. Need to review his stances on other players though to see if they make sense

vanderzant: i feel like hes been like fence sitting all game but hasnt been opportunistic which is usually how i see fence sitter scum operate. Hes the games "yes man" if that makes any sense. Neutral leaning scum atm but will have to go back and double check voting pattterns to see if he has actually taken any solid unique stances

nicholas: kinda baffled with him. Quick claim and intense town read on me based on primarily meta is just really really weird IMO. Using my activity to judge my alignment (or really any meta for that matter) is a really bad idea for starters. What confuses me the most is the fact that he said i was active, when i pretty clearly wasnt and therefore not scum. It just doesnt line up. Kinda gives me the vibe that he knows more than hes letting on or is just dumb/scum.

Zensei: wanna say hes like diet vanderzant but he needs more review. Neutral atm

OS: his playstyle has been very reactionary this game as in hes taking a more passive approach than a causal approach. Content to sit back and let the answers come to him so to speak as opposed to doiing the digging. Him saying "if i were scum id be manipulating people" twice in one game though bugs the **** out of me. Normally id be leaning scum but i have a hard time seeing him and omni as partners. If i had to guess at an indy id say OS is it.

Marshee: living up to his name of the hardest person to read on SWF IMO. Well, hes always the most difficult for me at least. Play seems pretty standard but is less of a driving force than id expect. Could a result of game stagnation though. Slight town read. Gonna go over him again though.

Macman: not quite agreeable but also not exactly making a name foor himself. Hes kinda dooing his own thing which is pretty standard mac. I feel like people with his playstyle are tough to read in early game but become inredibly obvious later on so im comfortable keeping him around but agree that he isnt needed either.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@omni: per my unvote i think frozen can stay

i think i will vote nicholas though

vote: nicholas

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@rockin
You're forgetting that I was one of the few people who didn't think kirbyoshi was scum (I wasn't fully sold on his towniness, but I wasn't on his wagon). Also, you've tunneled me in the last couple games (aside from DBZ) we've been in together, I've turned up town in each of those.

@Frozenflame
Um... inactivity isn't a towntell. My point is that you super-lurk so much, that inactivity is really just a null-tell from you. The towntells I've been getting from you are because of the quality of your posts, not the quantity of them.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
@rockin
You're forgetting that I was one of the few people who didn't think kirbyoshi was scum (I wasn't fully sold on his towniness, but I wasn't on his wagon). Also, you've tunneled me in the last couple games (aside from DBZ) we've been in together, I've turned up town in each of those.
Who says I'm tunneling you now? >_> I only posted a few times and I only talked about you ONCE in this game. How is that tunneling?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well what you just said makes perfect sense. Either im remembering wrong or your previous language seemed to suggest you though my level of activity at the time was small but better than normal and thus towniesh.

P.S. **** you

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i like ff more. the fact that hes pushing omni makes me think hes not scummy. Tho i don't agree with that read of him

vote: zensei @tom: I'm pushing him cuz i think he's scum.

I'll have to go over the last page or two again more closely.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ff, who would you wanna lynch today other than omni?

nich, you've read everything right?

M.K

Level 55
Meta Kirby/Nich - Tell me why I should believe you as town?
You should believe that I'm town because this is how I play when I'm a townie. If you need proof, see games like Werewolves of Miller's Hollow Mafia, PokeMafia, and Smash Bros. Mafia. In each of those games, I used emotion like people claim I do now. It's just the way I get when I get passionate about something. Like in Smash Bros, when I was pissed at SSBF for scum self-hammering, realizing only after (after the rage subsided) that scum has the chance to do that for THEIR benefit.
So now I'm transitioning from emotion-->action and I believe you should believe I'm town because I'll have alot to offer in the future. I consider myself very good at picking scum in later days as opposed to earlier ones, so I hope that's something of worth.

I'm liking Frozen's posts on Omni, I'm glad that we've abstained from a Frozen lynch for now. Frozen, your activity does suck, I know what you've said but clearly once you go inactive you'll get heat.
My lynch candidates include some of the following:

-Nich
-Omni
-Macman
-Vand

In no particular order. Vand, you are still on my list because you took such a baffled stance against him being my #2 lynch. I'd gladly take Omni down a peg for the reasons outlined by Frozen, and Nich still doesn't sit well with me. Macman is borderline useless, and Rockin's metadata on Macman lines up with his activity here, so that's why he's on my list

M.K

Level 55
To elaborate on Nich's suspicion, I just feel like you never attempted to go back and understand the game past your own claim D1. You seem aggressive to admit that your claim saves you, and your laziness attributes to misinformation, especially about Frozen's activity levels.
I think you are relying way too much on that Grave Digger claim to skate by.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
LOL. Relying on a GRAVEDIGGER claim to skate by? I'm calling you on that bluff MK. Where have I said anything even CLOSE to "my claim saves me?"

M.K

Level 55
Your activity says it all, you don't have to explicitly state it. You've stated that your laziness has caused you not to take the initiative to re-read, so what else could you possibly be riding this game on? You have suspicions from D2, but nothing from D1. Your claim shouldn't be an excuse for your laziness.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
My claim and my laziness are not in any way connected, and for you to suspect that is stupidity of the highest order, Meta kirby. I mean, come on! The gravedigger role is an uncommon role, it's even rarer for gravediggers to be told that they're gravediggers, there's been no verification of a tracker/watcher style role, AND it has NO positive value whatsoever to town! I mean, for scum to claim gravedigger out of the blue is just plain stupid. It draws attention to the scum, and for questionable gain (the ability to have a guy with no worries of being tracked to the kill, I guess. But consider that there wasn't even a kill last night.)

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I mean, there's plenty of people with low activity levels, and you single out ME (who is far from the worst in such things), and pretend that it's because of my CLAIM?!? That's pretty FAIL right there...

M.K

Level 55
Sorta like how Swords claimed bomb in order to avoid being lynched in PikMafia, since that would inherently discourage people from lynching him if he was town, although he was Mafia?
Your claim, to me, is such an easy explanation for when the situation comes that somebody sees you doing something in the night. It's not uncommon for scum to do research on safe claims, or be given one, and this whole thing could just be a gambit by you. The scum team in my game did a whole bunch of research to find a role on Mafiascum that could be attributed to the Red Pikmin, came up with Bomb.
I'm not dismissing that your claim could possibly be legit. It's not like you were counterclaimed, however, that kind of role is hard to counterclaim anyways.
So if your claim and laziness are unrelated, then how do you explain your laziness?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
My laziness (mainly a reluctance to reread) is easy to explain. Wii games + Xbox games + new books = really don't want to reread through the 40-some pages of this thread. There wasn't much new stuff going on at the time for me to comment on. QED.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
My claim and my laziness are not in any way connected, and for you to suspect that is stupidity of the highest order, Meta kirby. I mean, come on! The gravedigger role is an uncommon role, it's even rarer for gravediggers to be told that they're gravediggers, there's been no verification of a tracker/watcher style role, AND it has NO positive value whatsoever to town! I mean, for scum to claim gravedigger out of the blue is just plain stupid. It draws attention to the scum, and for questionable gain (the ability to have a guy with no worries of being tracked to the kill, I guess. But consider that there wasn't even a kill last night.)
you ready

you ready?

you ready for this?

WIFOM!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
interesting @ ff. the more you talk the more im cool with you dying. you have your "reasonings". i have my own. my guess is that you'lll die before i do unless im nk'ed.

slightly inebrieted which means POWER UP-PUUU

my intoxicated mindgames tell me

huh frozen is is... is maybe not as scummy as i thought? perhaps frozen is ... is... just so superly inactive that he was fixated on os's posts that was the real first anayalis of the game? amybe? gosh, this is what i want to believe because if frozen is not scum i iwll bet upset. to be honest, im so cool with frozen because he has sooo many disconnections in the game. so many possibilities of having certain scum partners. uhhh but so does macman. this game blows cuz everyone fits some kind of category twice so i cant point out a sole person for doing something (coasting, inactive, lurking, AtE;ing, etc)

listen, frozen. im not scum. i'm as town as u wanna be. get your logic right or die. i want to win this game and i like playing mafia sooooo if u need to reread a hundred times do so can realize that im tryin to win this game

i dont blame for u for thinking im anything but town. i play a very similar scum game. i'm pretty honest and straightforward and put my head in the game of a townie and ignore that im scum for the first few days. like if i was looking really hard into the game and i wanted to see if it was a possibility or a scenario that iw as scum i would be oPENto it.

but not with macman, or zensei, or chac/rockin, or the others players in the game, dude. cool u have a suspicion on me. the point is that i made myself actie enoghuh for you to have a read ON ME because ive got nuthin to hide. scum is scurred. this is true. especially if this is a recruiting role. scum is chillin. letting me do allll the speakin. cool with me talkin to mk about AtE. cool with me whining about inactivity. scum is coooool with me looking for them as long as i dont find them

which is why im cool with u? i pushed on everyone in the game so far. i have no friends cuz im by mself and im im looking for a team of 2 to 3 but at least one who doesnt necessarily fit into the process. ud ont fit frozen. macman doesnt fit either, btu i at least can find scumy valuefrom you.

hmmmm. hmmm. hmmmm. id rather this game be exciting and active then boring and inactive and id ont mind talking and causing suspicoon to fall on me. ive been genuine and using a proper train of thought the entire game. if someone disagrees with me they're going to have to explain why excessively or adamantly in order to contradct or disfigure me and even then they're taking an opposite stance from me which creates a strong connection against me. its a good thing.

frooozen i cant find anyone who is scum that is isn't you at the moment. considering u think i was town who would u find scum and why dude? if u can at least come to a good conclusion to this then maybe i wouldnt be in your anus about making sure you're dead by toDay. really. i am town. what are you going to now? lets say i die and i flip town. what now? who do u want to die and why, dude i really want to know because i think your just soooo fixated on me and that sooo bothers me

Omni

BRoomer
lol, my bad. sup guys. i'm kinda waiting for my ride to scoop me up so before we go to a bar

HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST-O SHOT-O

uhhh do u guys think im wrong for wanting frozen lynched? cuz i think its a good chocie

Omni

BRoomer
i am no longer intoxicated. i can see. i can see who is and who isnt.

i can see I CAN SEE

*closes eyes*

VANDERZANT, WTF ARE YOU. YOU'RE NOT A NORMAL PLAYER IN THIS GAME!? CAN U EXPLAIN TO ME WH U THINK THIS WAY

hrmmmmmmmmmmmmm *Closes eyes closees eyes closes eyes*

someone i trust is not so trustworthy asfter all ast least this is what i think to be bset to avoid colltearal damge int he long wrong

TOM CAN I NOT TRUST U WRWERE NU NOT STUDYING HOW TO META THIS GAME MARSHEE CANN I ALSO NOT BE SFE WAROUDN U WERE U RECRUITED!?

sighhhhh

this gamme meneds more deaths and more lynches and more people saying, "ooh, i found frozen following so and so to this and that place at night" so i can be like UMPH i toldyda so get this fuuucka outtaaa here but them he';ll be like NOOOO im a doc im a doc dont lynch me then doc will CC and we'll be lall like nOOO U FOOL NOW SCUM WILL LYNCH YOuZ pew pew pew pew

Omni

BRoomer
Ok so here are my abridged reads so you guys have something to work with:

chaco/rockin: need to reread them more. Was pretty neutral on chaco but rockins latest post gives me good vibes

tom: unsure what to think about his more casual presence but i have town read thus far. Could be because i was on his nuts so hardcore in barhouse and now im not so paranoid though. Hoping he brings more to the table if activity increases because if not he'll need to be looked at more. Still trying to figure out if i find his willingness to keep holding hands with omni after omni asked him about it and pointed out the problem of recruiters and what not, stranger then omni actually going ahead and saying all those things.

MK: vocal and frustrated. AtE makes my scumdar go to **** so i have a very muddled read here but based on his interactions with omni i dont see any of that being SvS which suggest MK as town. Need to review his stances on other players though to see if they make sense

vanderzant: i feel like hes been like fence sitting all game but hasnt been opportunistic which is usually how i see fence sitter scum operate. Hes the games "yes man" if that makes any sense. Neutral leaning scum atm but will have to go back and double check voting pattterns to see if he has actually taken any solid unique stances

nicholas: kinda baffled with him. Quick claim and intense town read on me based on primarily meta is just really really weird IMO. Using my activity to judge my alignment (or really any meta for that matter) is a really bad idea for starters. What confuses me the most is the fact that he said i was active, when i pretty clearly wasnt and therefore not scum. It just doesnt line up. Kinda gives me the vibe that he knows more than hes letting on or is just dumb/scum.

Zensei: wanna say hes like diet vanderzant but he needs more review. Neutral atm

OS: his playstyle has been very reactionary this game as in hes taking a more passive approach than a causal approach. Content to sit back and let the answers come to him so to speak as opposed to doiing the digging. Him saying "if i were scum id be manipulating people" twice in one game though bugs the **** out of me. Normally id be leaning scum but i have a hard time seeing him and omni as partners. If i had to guess at an indy id say OS is it.

Marshee: living up to his name of the hardest person to read on SWF IMO. Well, hes always the most difficult for me at least. Play seems pretty standard but is less of a driving force than id expect. Could a result of game stagnation though. Slight town read. Gonna go over him again though.

Macman: not quite agreeable but also not exactly making a name foor himself. Hes kinda dooing his own thing which is pretty standard mac. I feel like people with his playstyle are tough to read in early game but become inredibly obvious later on so im comfortable keeping him around but agree that he isnt needed either.
O_O

these are close so the same kinda readsz tat havim aving now
impsossibel
ogmgm this is not good

its kinda neutral on ltos of peolpes but thats kinda how if eel on most peoples iim not goetting too amny dnDEFINITE reads on people

jesus f'in yikesgonna have to rearda dn pretend your not scum mabe ust mAYBE

Omni

BRoomer
i am bothaf raid fo both vender and zensei
realk talk

u two... shouldl... not make so uncofmortable

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't drink, but Omni's behavior made me want to play drunk mafia. Just join a game and only post drunk.

Omni

BRoomer
this is delicious!

lol, if i dont create my own enjoyment of this game then i'll whine about inactivity until i replace out. bare with it mudamufasas.

scum where are yooouz im gonna fidn yoouz and im gonna get yooooouz wher e hidin at where u be at imma get you it so inevitabuuull

Omni

BRoomer
COME! COMWE! WHO DARES CHALLENGE ME! ASK ME ANY OF QUSTIONSD AND ANSWER UR WILL RECEIVE BEOYND RECONGITON NOR RESPONSE NOR DUE TO FLEETING MLMENT OF GLEEEEE....

i am going to defeattyou

Overswarm

is laughing at you
COME! COMWE! WHO DARES CHALLENGE ME! ASK ME ANY OF QUSTIONSD AND ANSWER UR WILL RECEIVE BEOYND RECONGITON NOR RESPONSE NOR DUE TO FLEETING MLMENT OF GLEEEEE....

i am going to defeattyou
Who should we lynch TOMORROW? Answer as if you were scum and you wanted us to know you were scum only so we didn't think you were scum because scum wouldn't be so obvious with an answer.

Omni

BRoomer
welll if i was sscum

i would get on a me lynch ASAP. like get me outta here really quick fast and a hurry. TOMORROW. im would lynch me. besides me!? hrmmm... i would try to get a lynch on nich for claiming grave digger and being such a poophead. like i can tell hes trying to do stuff but i would execute on that hesitation and get him outta the game to remove any kind fo claimed townies outta da way least that way i wouldnt be able to lynch him

uhhh besides nich and me id try to get rid of uhhhh maybe someone who's waaaay too dumb to be scum like metakirby. like i guess he has his wifom factor and AtE but hi think hes exhibited neough emotiont os how that hes just frustrated more than anything about the play of the game and not being scum or w/e. if i were to listen to my gut and believe that his AtE is frantic, upset town then i'd push him over the edge by bullying him a bit more and get him lynched for the sake of keeping scummy players like macman, zensei, and vandy alive

theres now way i could get rid of tom and marshEE or probably u OS. like u guys just wont be picks unless night activities say otherwise

Top Bottom