• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
*Fruits Basket

I've heard it's good, but I haven't read it myself. I've had friends bugging me to check it out, so I may sooner or later.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Hilt, please enter the Olimar chat when you get this (if you can).
I have a quick question and don't have AIM on this computer. :<

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because Jane is so kind to let me do this...

JANEATRON, ASSEMBLE!!!!

Edit: Oh dang, I have to get permission to merge posts? I just wanted to try it out once before my DL status is removed. ._.

Noa.

Smash Master
I've read Fruits Basket and I really enjoined. It's very much character driven and they are all very unique and interesting.

In middle school my friends and I would make a list of who matched who in terms of real people and the characters lol. I was always Shigure and I loooooove him he's my favorite character.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I always mean to go 2 the oli chat when you guys are in it...but you guys are there when im at work...lol...fml

Denti

Smash Master
So I was counter picked to delfino yesterday, and I got 4 ghost pikmin at once. The other guy tells me he counterpicks that stage because he knows how to space olimar to get ghost pikmin... We don't even know how to do that yet. Discuss?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
So I was counter picked to delfino yesterday, and I got 4 ghost pikmin at once. The other guy tells me he counterpicks that stage because he knows how to space olimar to get ghost pikmin... I then exploded
This

is

HILARIOUS!

Oh and I just now discovered there's a MvC3 on the way. Soooooooooo hype

Dnyce

Smash Master
So I was counter picked to delfino yesterday, and I got 4 ghost pikmin at once. The other guy tells me he counterpicks that stage because he knows how to space olimar to get ghost pikmin... I then exploded
Who was it?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
And Street Fighter vs Tekken lol
Lol yea wtf is up with that! I meant I get that the concept to is to make a crossover than can play like either game, but I feel like that pits them in competition against each other for a share of the tourney crowd, not to mention that's a extra 50-60 bucks if you want both -.-

Greward

Smash Lord
lol

getting ghost pikmins is olimar player's fault, i dunno how can he make us to get them xD

even if he knew how ghost pikmins appear he cant force u to get it

DtJ SquidBurrMoneyBurr

Smash Champion
Making my way down town walking fast, faces past and I'm home bound danananan na dunnananana na, If I could fall into the sky, do you think life would pass us by? and you know i'd walk one thousand miles if I could just see you.......tonight! dananananana na nunanaa naa

DtJ SquidBurrMoneyBurr

Smash Champion
You haven't seen avatar? It's not even in 3d anymore. Fail.
Ingredients

* 2 1/4 - 2 1/3 cups flour
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1 tsp. baking soda
* 1 Cup shortening or 1 Cup (2 sticks) butter
* 1/2 - 3/4 Cup packed brown sugar (total sugar should equal 1.5 cups)
* 3/4 - 1 Cup white sugar (total sugar should equal 1.5 cups)
* 1 - 2 tsp. pure vanilla
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/2 - 3 Cups chocolate chips
* 1 Cup chopped walnuts (optional)
#
Preheat your oven to 350ºF.

Ads by Google
Indianapolis Coupons
1 ridiculously huge coupon a day. Get 50-90% off Indianapolis's best!
www.Groupon.com/Indianapolis
#
In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Gently mix these together and then set this bowl aside.
#
In a large bowl, beat together shortening/butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and pure vanilla. When those are completely mixed together, add eggs and mix again until completely combined.
#
Slowly add the dry ingredients from the medium bowl to the wet ingredients in the large bowl, mixing until the dry ingredients are totally combined. At this point you should have a moderately thick cookie dough.
#
Add chocolate chips, and if you want you can also add chopped walnuts. Mix together.
#
Scoop up a golf ball size amount of dough with a spoon and drop in onto a cookie sheet. Leave at least an inch of space between the cookies because they'll spread out when they cook. You can usually fit 12 cookies on a cookie sheet at a time.
#
Put the cookies in the oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes. You'll want to check them after 8 minutes, but if they look doughy, you'll want to cook them for another couple of minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and let the cookies sit on the pan for 3-5 minutes.
#
Using a spatula, lift cookies off onto wax paper or tin foil. Let cool for about 5 more minutes.
#
Eat and enjoy!

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Making my way down town walking fast, faces past and I'm home bound danananan na dunnananana na, If I could fall into the sky, do you think life would pass us by? and you know i'd walk one thousand miles if I could just see you.......tonight! dananananana na nunanaa naa
That song would be nothin without White Chicks :laugh:
You haven't seen avatar? It's not even on television with new episodes anymore. Fail.

:p

DtJ SquidBurrMoneyBurr

Smash Champion

That song would be nothin without White Chicks :laugh:

You haven't seen avatar? It's not even on television with new episodes anymore. Fail.

:p
Basket making is very old, with almost any pliable material being used to make these versatile containers.

Round reed is one of the easiest materials to use and these instructions will teach the reader how to make a basket that is approximately six to sevens inches in height and about a hand span in diameter.

Materials and Tools Needed

Round reed in two sizes, number four and number six reed is good to work with. Check in the nearest craft store or basket supply place to obtain your materials.

The rest of the supplies are found in your home: scissors or clippers to cut the reed; a bowl; needlenose pliers a few wooden clothespins and a good chunk of time to work on the basket.

Steps to Create Your Woven Reed Basket

First, a few facts about working with reeds, they are extremely brittle when dry because they are dry grass. But when you soak them in warm water they become wonderfully pliable and bend to almost any shape you desire. Then, follow these steps:

1. To begin, cut eight pieces of the larger size reed, each piece should measure approximatly fourteen inches in length then set them aside to soak in warm, not hot, water for a few minutes.
2. Working with the smaller sized reed, briefly run warm water over it before uncoiling it. It is best to suspend the tied end of the reed someplace high, like a nail or coat hook while working with it. If left loose it creates a unholy mess that strains anyones patience to try and untangle.
3. To loosen a strand of reed gently pull it loose from the bottom, following it up to where it joins the others. Coil it in a circle as you go, but not too tight as it will break easily.
4. Clip a wooden clothespin on it to hold the reed in place while it is being soaked. You will need several of these while weaving your basket.
5. Check the larger canes, they should be ready to work with now. If they are too pliable just let then dry a few minutes.Reed that is too pliable splits easily.
6. Place the smaller sized reed in the bowl of warm water to soak until it is ready to use. Place four pieces of the reed in your hand so they are horizontal and the other four vertical.
7. Either use a clothespin to hold them together or hold them with your hand, take the thinner reed out of the water, unclip the clothespin from it and wrap one end diagonally across the bottom of the vertical reeds.
8. Now is a good time to place another coil of narrow reed in the water to soak, do this when you take out one so you have one soaking when you need it.
9. Bring the narrow reed over the vertical strands and under the horizontal ones. Continue this until the larger reeds are secure
10. Separate the larger reeds into pairs, you should have 16 total. Cut one of them short so that you have fifteen, then treat the single reed as a double.
11. Weave the narrow reed over and under the pairs, keeping the tension even. It is important to keep the reed damp. Dry reed snaps easily! As you are working, you can shape the basket to be narrower or wider and shallow.
12. When it comes time to add another reed, try and make sure the end of the previous one is inside or hidden beside the larger reed. Overlap the ends so that they stay secure and continue to weave.
13. Watch for any spots that are weak, this will make your basket unstable.
14. Continue to weave using the over one under one pattern.
15. When you are almost three inches from the top of the basket stop and place it upside down in the water so the upper larger sized canes are wet. Then gently bend one and place it inside the basketweave, skipping the reed next to it.
16. Do the same all the way around. This gives you a nice decorative edge to your basket. At this time, make sure the bottom is level and the tension is even on the sides of the basket with no unsightly gaps. Set the basket aside to dry, then use or give away.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Basket making is very old, with almost any pliable material being used to make these versatile containers.

Round reed is one of the easiest materials to use and these instructions will teach the reader how to make a basket that is approximately six to sevens inches in height and about a hand span in diameter.

Materials and Tools Needed

Round reed in two sizes, number four and number six reed is good to work with. Check in the nearest craft store or basket supply place to obtain your materials.

The rest of the supplies are found in your home: scissors or clippers to cut the reed; a bowl; needlenose pliers a few wooden clothespins and a good chunk of time to work on the basket.

Steps to Create Your Woven Reed Basket

First, a few facts about working with reeds, they are extremely brittle when dry because they are dry grass. But when you soak them in warm water they become wonderfully pliable and bend to almost any shape you desire. Then, follow these steps:

1. To begin, cut eight pieces of the larger size reed, each piece should measure approximatly fourteen inches in length then set them aside to soak in warm, not hot, water for a few minutes.
2. Working with the smaller sized reed, briefly run warm water over it before uncoiling it. It is best to suspend the tied end of the reed someplace high, like a nail or coat hook while working with it. If left loose it creates a unholy mess that strains anyones patience to try and untangle.
3. To loosen a strand of reed gently pull it loose from the bottom, following it up to where it joins the others. Coil it in a circle as you go, but not too tight as it will break easily.
4. Clip a wooden clothespin on it to hold the reed in place while it is being soaked. You will need several of these while weaving your basket.
5. Check the larger canes, they should be ready to work with now. If they are too pliable just let then dry a few minutes.Reed that is too pliable splits easily.
6. Place the smaller sized reed in the bowl of warm water to soak until it is ready to use. Place four pieces of the reed in your hand so they are horizontal and the other four vertical.
7. Either use a clothespin to hold them together or hold them with your hand, take the thinner reed out of the water, unclip the clothespin from it and wrap one end diagonally across the bottom of the vertical reeds.
8. Now is a good time to place another coil of narrow reed in the water to soak, do this when you take out one so you have one soaking when you need it.
9. Bring the narrow reed over the vertical strands and under the horizontal ones. Continue this until the larger reeds are secure
10. Separate the larger reeds into pairs, you should have 16 total. Cut one of them short so that you have fifteen, then treat the single reed as a double.
11. Weave the narrow reed over and under the pairs, keeping the tension even. It is important to keep the reed damp. Dry reed snaps easily! As you are working, you can shape the basket to be narrower or wider and shallow.
12. When it comes time to add another reed, try and make sure the end of the previous one is inside or hidden beside the larger reed. Overlap the ends so that they stay secure and continue to weave.
13. Watch for any spots that are weak, this will make your basket unstable.
14. Continue to weave using the over one under one pattern.
15. When you are almost three inches from the top of the basket stop and place it upside down in the water so the upper larger sized canes are wet. Then gently bend one and place it inside the basketweave, skipping the reed next to it.
16. Do the same all the way around. This gives you a nice decorative edge to your basket. At this time, make sure the bottom is level and the tension is even on the sides of the basket with no unsightly gaps. Set the basket aside to dry, then use or give away.
Stop putting substance in your +1!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
What are you doing in the oli boards? Lulz.

Hey guys. You know how there is olimar, and we call him oli? Well... Doesn't that make lolimar loli?

DtJ SquidBurrMoneyBurr

Smash Champion
What are you doing in the oli boards? Lulz.

Hey guys. You know how there is olimar, and we call him oli? Well... Doesn't that make lolimar loli?
Shut The Hell Up

A clever phrase to let chums know how thouroughly annoyed you are with them at any given moment. Most effective when cleverly hidden in an unexpected place, in a seemingly unrelated sentence.

Top Bottom