• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STREAM UP!!!! VGBC & Xanadu Present: Baltimore Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
VGBC Xanadu Livestream:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-brawl-stream

All is Brawl Link(Click Me and then Click "I am Attending" )

GimR's Cell: 443-470-2042

Aposl's Cell: 410-446-6546

Date

November 27, 2010

Venue:

Xanadu Games
http://www.xanadu-games.com/

Address

3921 Vero Rd
Arbutus, Maryland 21227
(410) 247-2428

Games/Events

Brawl Singles
Brawl Doubles
Brawl Crews(Only if there's enough interest)

Schedule

10:00 AM: Doors Open
11:00 AM Sign Ups Start
12:00 PM: Doubles Start
3:30 PM: Second Call for Singles Sign Ups
4:00 PM: Singles Start
8:00 PM: Mid Tier Singles(It may start earlier then this)

Prices

Venue Fee: $10
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 per team

Payouts(Under 50 people/20 teams)

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Payouts(>50 people/20 teams )

1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%
5th: 2.5%
5th: 2.5%

Setups

Wii's(Total = 9)

VGBootCamp(4)
2Fast(1)
Lobos(1)
Power House (2)
Nova 9000 (1)
TV's(Total = 8)

VGBootCamp(4)
2Fast(1)
PowerHouse(1 Maybe)
Lobos(1)
Nova 9000 (1 Maybe)
We need as many set ups as possible to make this run smoothly guys!

Interested/Confirmed Players (Bold = Confirmed)

God-is-my-rock
Aposl
Logic
Chibosempai(PA)

Xzax
D-manfamous + 4 friends
Luckay4lyphe

Tant
Junebug
Kaffei
Takeover
EE
Bengalsrz
-Darkf0x-
Seagull
Shippo
BMX
Bionic

Nova 9000
Sage1400
J.R.
Slikvik
Lobos
Omni
Kojin
Powerhouse + 3 friends
Sassy
ADHD(NJ)
Jdawg
Alex Strife(NY)
Crismas(NJ)
Esoj
Candy
Snack Attack

Fatal (MA)
Cameron (OH)
Sovaman
Boss
Korn
Katie (IA)
Jen (NJ)
Justin (MA)
Dora(PA)
Andrew(NY)
Connor(PA)
PokemonMasterJamal3
TheLoneWolf
Karcist
UsurperKingZant
Manny Kun
BasedGod
firezyth

Poyo
Loto
Nick
Brian
Kelvin
Skor
Aaron(MA)
Coney
TKBro
Noraa
Zanna
YarsRevengerson
2Fast
Chudat
Tanman
Black Mantis
Twisted Steel
Smokey Da Bear
TCF Master Dante
VANdetta
Ben
P5
RISe
Nighthawk
Xlr8

Freeze Wish
Vato
Stamp

KingToon
TheYoster

Rules

Singles:

3 Stock

8 Minute Time Limit

Items are set to "off" and "none"

• If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You should not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
  • First round consists of players choosing their characters. During this time either player can call for a double blind pick . The first stage will then be determined by the stage striking method. One player strikes one stage and then the next player strikes two stages. Next, the original player chooses a stage out of the final two that are available to him or her.(If both players can't agree on who strikes first a best 2/3 game of rock, paper, scissors will be played. The winner chooses who goes first.) After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counter picks.
  • Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
  • You may not counter pick a stage you have already won on earlier that set unless your opponent agrees to it.
  • All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.

Neutral Stages:

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick Stages:

• Delfino Plaza
  • Castle Siege
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Battleship Halberd
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Brinstar
  • Lylat

Game Play Rules:

• The 50 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 50 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 50 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 50, then the participating player Who has the highest stock and or lowest percentage on that stock will win. If both player have the same stock and percentage when the timer runs out, then a 1 stock rematch will occur. This rule does not apply to doubles.
  • Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but are not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, and Marth's standing infinite chain grab on Ness and Lucas
  • All Ice Climber chain grabs are legal until after their opponent is over 250%.
  • Meta knight's Infinite cape exploit is banned
  • If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
  • Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
  • If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
  • If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie the one who initiated the move will win the round
  • Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • If you pause the match during a game or do any of the previous aforementioned banned tactics that were not prescribed a punishment then you must forfeit your current stock. Your opponent can choose to let you keep your stock

Doubles:

• Same standard rules and stages as singles.
  • In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
  • Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), they are allowed to request control of a certain color to help lessen confusion.
  • Stock sharing is allowed.
  • Team Attack is on
  • There is no ledge grab limit in doubles

Venue Rules

• Respect the Venue
  • Don't leave trash lying around(There will be trash cans and a recycling bin)
  • Smoke outside away from the doors
  • Don't be loud and obscene(This doesn't mean you can't get hyped about a match)

Coney

Smash Master
would love to come but this is literally ON THE EXACT DATE of my five-year anniversary

have fun, fellas!

lmfao wait why sonic/lucario showdown, of all the characters

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
would love to come but this is literally ON THE EXACT DATE of my five-year anniversary

have fun, fellas!

actually, if you remove the few months where you guys were separated then it technically isn't your 5 year anniversary :cool:

@ Chibo: It's On!

junebug

Smash Journeyman
gonna be on vacation, sowwy. even if i was, i'd probably be tired out from tants.

ugh, i want an event on the last week of november! :(

EDIT: Me vs Speed 100 dollar MM hype imo?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
yea, not a good date for me. family activities and shenanigans.

Aposl

Smash Ace
U guys want nov 27th?

Also squirtle should ref the showdown.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Date fixed. Yall better come now.

@xzax: good stuff. Bring PA with you

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
lol rematch....if all the people that were in the crew battle come i don't see y not..Maybe we'll let Vex sit out so0o u guys don't get ***** by him again (vex Smirk)

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
we can get everyone but idk about squall. ill see if he wants to come
Cool, I hope you guys can make it. Get squall to come, the crew battle wouldnt be the same with out his trash talk.

@tant: thanks, and see you there

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Well, his blog says that he charges people for rides (which I would be more than happy to pay for), but I don't think Chu wants to drive down to Ashburn which is like, 40 minutes away from his house and then all the way up to Maryland...

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Actually Chu got the best of Xzax at the last Xanadu crew battle. lololol
I still remember that match, **** was memorable.
Yeah, but Xzax destroyed Chu at MLG with none other then Falco O.O

BMX

Smash Lord
goooooooooooooooooooooo ill try to be here...........................................

teamsies??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom