• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Dallas Full Pro Bracket here (Bracket is correct)

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I'm fairly certain now that this bracket is right.

4th: Ally
5th: Espy
6th: X
7th: Lee Martin
8th: Atomsk
9th: MikeHAZE
10th: DEHF
11th: Dojo, MJG
13th: Nick Riddle, Rich Brown
15th: Fatal
16th: Logic

Flayl

Smash Hero
2 Snakes
1 Pikachu
3 Meta Knights
1 Ice Climbers / Dedede
1 Zero Suit Samus
2 Olimars
1 Diddy Kong
1 Falco
1 Marth
1 Toon Link
2 SONICS!!!

Just wow at this variety. 11 different characters for 16 players.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I honestly don't get it, isn't the stage list supposed to favor MK? WTF is going on?

edit: Sonic I can kind of see because he benefits from having Pictochat and I don't think he gets boned by any stage

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I'm assuming in WR1, players from Open are paired with players from Pro, but I don't know who is paired with who.

I should point out that I'm getting all this info from MLG's updates and the multiple twitters.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Apparently we're getting information about the bracket. =D

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Fun note: If X beats Nick Riddle tomorrow, he faces one of the few pro MKs he hasn't played yet, Lee Martin.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I've tried to main Sonic in SFL which is very hard. So many times I tried. Didn't think he could do it. Now IDC anymore I will bring my Sonic back. I love X and all the other good Sonic mains.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Lee will definitely go Lucario. It's a tough MU for Sonic.

Variable

Smash Ace
Doubles was exciting, larry and Gnes couldn't bring it home though. :( They got third I believe. Shakey and nick riddle got second, and Ally / Lee Martin won.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I honestly don't get it, isn't the stage list supposed to favor MK? WTF is going on?

edit: Sonic I can kind of see because he benefits from having Pictochat and I don't think he gets boned by any stage
I think after five diverse MLG events that we can safely conclude that's not true. The results to me sure look like me having been right all along that more diverse stages means more diverse characters do well.

Also, MLG is not only Kansas but Kansas City; it's cool to see my hometown in the finals, and I hope he does well. Otherwise, we're basically guaranteed interesting results becuase, you know, the character diveristy is huge. Those of us not there can only hope as much is recorded as possible.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I found that someone posted a bracket, so I put a slightly modified one (bracket display) up. He said it's probably correct, but does anyone know for sure?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
what i see is..

People pick up MK to learn the least MUs where you work hard at.

a diverse stage list makes them have to learn more stages than they would want too

silly thinking i guess though

Variable

Smash Ace
Can't wait for the pro bracket in the morning. Even more hyped then the open bracket, which was very interesting.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Assuming the bracket is correct, it opens up a lot of interesting possibilities. MikeHAZE and Ally are on total opposite sides, where it's very unlikely they'll meet. X and Espy are also on opposite sides, so it's unlikely they'll take themselves out.

Tomorrow looks very promising. =)

Coney

Smash Master
ally actually got pretty lucky here

he's far, far away from mikehaze and ESAM, two snake killers. his first round of play will either be a snake ditto, a MU he's very comfortable in, or against gnes, a MU he's even MORE comfortable in

however after that he has to play lee, and lee has beaten him recently. could go either way.

i still got ally pegged to win it, just because the bracket seems to favor him pretty well and i can't imagine he'd let an opportunity like this slip away. it could go any way though, it's all just guesswork. hype!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think after five diverse MLG events that we can safely conclude that's not true. The results to me sure look like me having been right all along that more diverse stages means more diverse characters do well.

Also, MLG is not only Kansas but Kansas City; it's cool to see my hometown in the finals, and I hope he does well. Otherwise, we're basically guaranteed interesting results becuase, you know, the character diveristy is huge. Those of us not there can only hope as much is recorded as possible.
That isn't necessarily true for why this happened, well at least not fully if it is a part of it.

gantrain05

Smash Master
no hype over mjg....dissapointing, he's so underrated. hopefully he shows everyone what he can do tomorrow, he's gonna wreck house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom