• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The -NEW- Florida 2011 Brawl Power Rankings! Updated 5/10/11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
BUMP

Lol @ #'s 1 & 2 already getting losses from unranked players

:sonic:

Lol @ me not traveling anywhere nor having a tourney 4 a month

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Are you really saying that you no longer enter tournaments because of the PR list??
I'd enter if they respected my request to not count me in the PRs (wins or losses), but they're not.

I actually feel like **** when I happen to randomly rarely beat someone on the PRs that care about the list. The look on their face and the negative emotion I instill into them makes me feel worse for winning than if I lost.

But I wouldn't expect people on the top of the PRs to understand.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Hmm? If I lose legit I don't really care who it is. Legit loss is a legit loss

:phone:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
The fact that Tommy's wins would count even if he didn't want them to makes me sad.
I mean, maybe count him like... a tie-breaker at most?

I want Tommy to enter, so he can ****.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
The fact that Tommy's wins would count even if he didn't want them to makes me sad.
I mean, maybe count him like... a tie-breaker at most?

I want Tommy to enter, so he can ****.
edit....I read that wrong and I'm an idiot. XD

My point still stands.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Wait if someone doesn't want their wins/losses to count for an entire season...like not even 1 ..then they can't do that?

Feels bad man

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Wait if someone doesn't want their wins/losses to count for an entire season...like not even 1 ..then they can't do that?

Feels bad man

That's what I wanted. Shaky too. We were told no and it wasn't our choice, so I stopped entering.

Don't get me wrong, people who like the PRs. I'm not saying destroy the PRs like I usually do. I just don't want to be a part of it.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
That seems dumb to me. I can see maybe one tourney but if they don't want the entire season to count then...lolwut

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Hmm at the same time though Tommy, not being counted isn't going to erase that disappointment your PR'd opponent might have in losing to you. It's not like they immediately think '**** I just gave a PR win to this random.'

They're gonna be upset at the fact they lost above everything else. While I agree it's not a good feeling to see people get upset like that. Eh, that's something they learn to deal with. That's something people have to face when they enter a competitive event.

Oh, and don't get me wrong. I respect your decision to keep out. I'm just trying to better understand why lol.

:rosalina:

archer.

Smash Lord
All the more reason for you to come, Xaltis (and bring the rest of FL with you).

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Hmm at the same time though Tommy, not being counted isn't going to erase that disappointment your PR'd opponent might have in losing to you. It's not like they immediately think '**** I just gave a PR win to this random.'

They're gonna be upset at the fact they lost above everything else. While I agree it's not a good feeling to see people get upset like that. Eh, that's something they learn to deal with. That's something people have to face when they enter a competitive event.

Oh, and don't get me wrong. I respect your decision to keep out. I'm just trying to better understand why lol.

:rosalina:
I've played Xaltis, someone who clearly cares about the PRs. When I beat him, it looked like I tore his heart out and I felt terrible about it.

We started to conspire against the PRs and decided the match to not count, so we never told anyone. We told them that he beat me. When he realized it wouldn't hurt his PR rank(beginning of the season so he had a fresh start) he bounced right back and it was all good.

Every single one of my negative moments in tournaments for WINNING was because they were worried about their PR position. Losing feels bad enough but doesn't even compare.
RedHalberd said:
The hard truth
Tommy_G said:
But I wouldn't expect people on the top of the PRs to understand.
Thanks for proving my point.

Masky

Smash Master
If you don't like the PRs you can just ignore them, you don't have to acknowledge them if you don't want to.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
If you don't like the PRs you can just ignore them, you don't have to acknowledge them if you don't want to.
He doesn't.
Other people do.
If he happens to beat somebody on the PR, be it legit or a fluke, he doesn't want this hurting their chances of being "top 10". Now, I don't care if you guys think he can do it or not, that's not the point. Anybody can lose to anybody else on any given day, this is fact... otherwise nobody would have "off days."

If he doesn't want ANY of his wins/losses counted towards the PR he should be allowed as much. It's not like he's doing it for a couple of tournaments, he wants it done for ALL of the tournaments.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i agree with riddle/tommy g

why bother, sure keep his records but do not put his name anywhere

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Yeah. At least I go to tournaments. Dew's Naples one was really cool, but you wouldn't know.

i would rather just host my own tourney and not let anyone remotely good at this game enter.

This way i make tons of cash and feel like the best and not to mention go way up on rajams rankings.

Masky

Smash Master
i would rather just host my own tourney and not let anyone remotely good at this game enter.

This way i make tons of cash and feel like the best and not to mention go way up on rajams rankings.
WTF, you openly admit it???? ROFLLLLLLLLLLLL haha too good those rankings are so worthless

He doesn't.
Other people do.
If he happens to beat somebody on the PR, be it legit or a fluke, he doesn't want this hurting their chances of being "top 10". Now, I don't care if you guys think he can do it or not, that's not the point. Anybody can lose to anybody else on any given day, this is fact... otherwise nobody would have "off days."

If he doesn't want ANY of his wins/losses counted towards the PR he should be allowed as much. It's not like he's doing it for a couple of tournaments, he wants it done for ALL of the tournaments.
IMO it wouldn't make sense for PRs to not take into account everything that goes on in FL, since it's important for the PRs to reflect all players' performance as accurately as possible. It's important for PRs to be accurate because it is what motivates many players, and if the PRs lose credibility then this motivation disappears.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Wait.

So people ACTUALLY think thats true
:glare:

people are dumb.

I'm excited to become number one on Rajam's rankings. That way i'll be better than everyone in FL. And then i'll be number one on the PR. hurr durr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom