• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I DON'T WANT TO SOUND LIKE A JERK OR ANYTHING, your stage is concept is great, but I've just grown attached to my own is all.

...I need to go find that Detective Club music again. Was listening to it, but I wanted to hurry and finish listening to all the others.
That's o.k. I understand. I don't think you're being a jerk. ;)

Also I just threw in the Detective Club music because I wanted something else from the FDS; that and being a murder mystery game I knew there'd be something that would work with the "mysterious" atmosphere of the stage.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well, it's not the best word to describe it, but it's close enough. Stance moves mean that the character is put into a specific state. Characters like MvC3 Jill, Litchi, and Xiaoyu will assume a certain position. Others like Guy, El Fuerte, and She-Hulk do theirs in a run and characters like Vega and Gen do theirs in a pseudo wall jump. Regardless of the "stance", what they can do in this position varies as per character design. The one thing they have in common is that there are followup attacks. These aren't the same as built in combos though. For example, with El Fuerte, from his run, he has several options to choose from and the opponent is forced to guess which attack El Fuerte will use as if the opponent guesses wrong, he gets punished. For the most part, stance moves act as mixup setups, but can also be combo extenders depending on the character.
A more simplistic example: In Tatunoko vs Capcom, Yatterman has a move where he run ands follows up with another move. He can either slide, do a jump dodge, or or his "Yatter Medium Attack." I had an idea for Saki doing something similar. He could run into a slide, shoot his gun, or do a dodge.

One thing I do have to say: Don't look at other games and say "OHH, we have to have that move," and than try to fit it onto another character. It's best to look at the character first and think moves that way. I thought the Saki idea because I thought the move Yatterman-1 did would work well for him. If it works with the character, go ahead. This is why we don't see direct "mix-up" characters or characters like in other fighting games but we have Ice Climbers and Olimar.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Well, it's not the best word to describe it, but it's close enough. Stance moves mean that the character is put into a specific state. Characters like MvC3 Jill, Litchi, and Xiaoyu will assume a certain position. Others like Guy, El Fuerte, and She-Hulk do theirs in a run and characters like Vega and Gen do theirs in a pseudo wall jump. Regardless of the "stance", what they can do in this position varies as per character design. The one thing they have in common is that there are followup attacks. These aren't the same as built in combos though. For example, with El Fuerte, from his run, he has several options to choose from and the opponent is forced to guess which attack El Fuerte will use as if the opponent guesses wrong, he gets punished. For the most part, stance moves act as mixup setups, but can also be combo extenders depending on the character.
I've brought this up to before I think, but did you see Oasis's rendition of this? There would be "hidden" follow up attacks, but they don't necessarily have to be in another "stance" just following up from existing attacks. Some may only be followed up after certain frames to exhibit that hidden factor. It also kinda brings back Melee's hidden sweetspots (Y.Link's Fire Sword).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@SmashChu
I'm not trying to find moves and then put them onto other characters just like that. I may find a move neat, but I don't try to apply it to any one character as a result, but I consider if it suits the character. I mean, let's take Guile's Flash Kick. It looks like a Somersault (that's actually what it's called in Japan), and I thought Falco could use the move for a few reasons. First is to differentiate him from Fox. Second, it reminded me of an Arwing, and Falco does prefer the air.

On the opposite end, I wouldn't try to Chun-Li's Kikouken into a Peach variation because Peach has never done anything like that and would be out of character.

Nothing's wrong with looking at other characters for inspiration. After all, just about every character in Smash 64 was based off of basic archetypes. Mario was the Ryu, Fox was rushdown, Pikachu was a pixie, DK was a grappler, etc.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nothing's wrong with looking at other characters for inspiration. After all, just about every character in Smash 64 was based off of basic archetypes. Mario was the Ryu, Fox was rushdown, Pikachu was a pixie, DK was a grappler, etc.
What's Zelda?

I think Yoshi and Kirby are better questions.

Weirdos.
Well what's Giggly****? I mean Jigglypuff?

I've always wanted to have a SSB64....2. I just want to see how Sheik, Zelda, and Marth would have been like. Doesn't that INTEREST you?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What's Zelda?

10PrincessIncarnations
Zelda's primarily a defensive character, I think. Now, what that means exactly varies as there are several variations of it. I prefer her Project M incarnation the most as its very well defined.

Like Tron Bonne, you can't apply a particular archetype to everyone as they may be a mixture of power, speed, defense, and grabs that make them a brand new mix.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Depends on his attacks mostly. He could be footsie and poke based like Chun-Li and Alisa in Tekken.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Zelda's primarily a defensive character, I think. Now, what that means exactly varies as there are several variations of it. I prefer her Project M incarnation the most as its very well defined.
So, you wouldn't suggest her going toe to Knee with Falcon offensively? At one point in Melee, my Zelda play was on par with my brothers Falcon strategies. He knows me too well though. He can read me at this point.

I love Zelda in Melee. . . I just love Melee.

Anyways, back to Zelda talk. How do you suggest making her crystal move more useful? I feel like the time the opponent spends getting damaged, and the time I'm allowed to move again are two seperate times. . . at points. I dunno, whenever my brother dodges up a storm, I usually use that to stop him.

I just want to be on par with everyone else as Zelda. How can we fix Din's fire and nyruu's love? I don't like having to resort to Sheik, and I would prefer not to have to in SSB4.

But Dhalsim is a comedian too.

So silly.
I love how he embraces his Chilean heritage! So fetch.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How could someone that says nothing but "Yoga" not be a comedian?

Seriously, he must be a secret type of pokemon or something.

Edit: I still don't get the disjointed hitbox arguement

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Kumo
Soo, am I like outdated on that information?

@Shortie
I've brought up an idea for Din's Fire before. I think the fireball was pretty good in Brawl (esp its off stage KO) but for up close it can work similar to the ACTUAL Din's Fire, except nerfed.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So, you wouldn't suggest her going toe to Knee with Falcon offensively? At one point in Melee, my Zelda play was on par with my brothers Falcon strategies. He knows me too well though. He can read me at this point.

I love Zelda in Melee. . . I just love Melee.

Anyways, back to Zelda talk. How do you suggest making her crystal move more useful? I feel like the time the opponent spends getting damaged, and the time I'm allowed to move again are two seperate times. . . at points. I dunno, whenever my brother dodges up a storm, I usually use that to stop him.

I just want to be on par with everyone else as Zelda. How can we fix Din's fire and nyruu's love? I don't like having to resort to Sheik, and I would prefer not to have to in SSB4.
Capt. Falcon has better mobility and offensive options. For a while, I felt Zelda wasn't fully made. Close, but she has some blatant gaps in her playstyle.

To change her Nayru's Love and Din's Fire, look at the former in Balanced Brawl, and the latter in Project M. Love was made where Zelda could move while doing it, giving her a good method of getting in. Din's Fire was made into a super special awesome move where she can land three Din's Fire anywhere, similar but differently from Rachel's lightning rods.

I love how he embraces his Chilean heritage! So fetch.
Dhalsim's Indian.

@Goku
Huh?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Po
The hidden hitbox thing? It may have been brought up before and I may have brought it up again. Sometimes people don't like bringing up past discussions.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Capt. Falcon has better mobility and offensive options. For a while, I felt Zelda wasn't fully made. Close, but she has some blatant gaps in her playstyle.

To change her Nayru's Love and Din's Fire, look at the former in Balanced Brawl, and the latter in Project M. Love was made where Zelda could move while doing it, giving her a good method of getting in. Din's Fire was made into a super special awesome move where she can land three Din's Fire anywhere, similar but differently from Rachel's lightning rods.
I like that idea about her being mobile while using nyruu's love. I think I would have to see fire being executed though.

Dhalsim's Indian.
I know that! I was trying to make a joke happen. Similar to how Gretchen tried to mke fetch happen, but we both ended up having the same results happen.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got an idea for farore's wind!

How about the first time you use it, it does nothing, but the second time you use it teleports you instantly to the place you used it the first time.

Than it resets

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Po
The hidden hitbox thing? It may have been brought up before and I may have brought it up again. Sometimes people don't like bringing up past discussions.
Can you run it by me again?

@Shortie
Look up Zelda Project M videos on Youtube. I'll be surprised if you don't find a video that doesn't have her prominently use that.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Can you run it by me again?

@Shortie
Look up Zelda Project M videos on Youtube. I'll be surprised if you don't find a video that doesn't have her prominently use that.
[collapse=""]I've brought this up to before I think, but did you see Oasis's rendition of this? There would be "hidden" follow up attacks, but they don't necessarily have to be in another "stance" just following up from existing attacks. Some may only be followed up after certain frames to exhibit that hidden factor. It also kinda brings back Melee's hidden sweetspots (Y.Link's Fire Sword).
[/collapse]

Basically it works like Marth's Blade Dance and Link's Melee FSmash

@Psycho
Sounds pretty interesting, but seems like a broken recovery lol

@Shortie
New Din's Fire mechanic?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
[/collapse]

@Psycho
Sounds pretty interesting, but seems like a broken recovery lol

@Shortie
New Din's Fire mechanic?
I don't think it would be broken since it resets after a use, another way to balance it would be a graphic where farore's wind takes them too, letting you camp the person as they teleport

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I got an idea for farore's wind!

How about the first time you use it, it does nothing, but the second time you use it teleports you instantly to the place you used it the first time.

Than it resets
Have you been playing Super Smash Land's Vaporeon?. .

She has that EXACT mechanic. Except it's a puddle, so the opponents know exactly where she is going to spawn.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
[/collapse]

That's just a different take on the whole stance move thing. Link's is a little different as the only options are to go with the followup or not.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Have you been playing Super Smash Land's Vaporeon?. .

She has that EXACT mechanic. Except it's a puddle, so the opponents know exactly where she is going to spawn.
...no, why would vaporeon be a playable character in anything?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
@SmashChu
I'm not trying to find moves and then put them onto other characters just like that. I may find a move neat, but I don't try to apply it to any one character as a result, but I consider if it suits the character. I mean, let's take Guile's Flash Kick. It looks like a Somersault (that's actually what it's called in Japan), and I thought Falco could use the move for a few reasons. First is to differentiate him from Fox. Second, it reminded me of an Arwing, and Falco does prefer the air.

On the opposite end, I wouldn't try to Chun-Li's Kikouken into a Peach variation because Peach has never done anything like that and would be out of character.

Just you mention every possible combination of moves and what they are call, without attaching anything to a character. Talking about set up moves isn;t too great unless you already have a character in mind. Basically, what I'm saying is forget about the type of move, but more who is doing it. These moves from other games can work. For Dixie, you can take from the hair character from Guilty Gear because it does fit. Other characters have work with other move types, like Saki using a run type move.

The old game proves my point. Look at Fox. You say he is a rushdown character, but really they just took stuff from Starfox for his specials and made him fast (as he is a nimble frame and flys a high speed jet). Donkey Kong also threw things in the Country games, so throwing is a trait. It comes down more to the character than the move potential.

You seem like you get it, but your post history kind goes the opposite direction, or so it seems to someone on the outside like me.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
That's just a different take on the whole stance move thing. Link's is a little different as the only options are to go with the followup or not.
Yea, that's what I was saying. I thought the hidden feature through specific frames was interesting.

@Psycho
That's true, I just thought it'd be a little unfair where Zelda shouldn't be able to reach the edge, but she spawns there. Since it resets it sounds cool :)
What about Din's Fire working like it should along with the existing fireball? Instead of moving it forward it stays in place (after letting go of the joystick) and when it's held as long as the fireball would it, the real Din's Fire (with the range of Nayru's Love more or less) has KO ability.
That way, mobile Nayru's Love, KO Din's Fire and selective Farore's Wind are all true to the game :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The guy who made it (For fun) added him because it was his favorite pre-2001 Pokemon.

I would have done the same thing.
Eh, I'd probably add Blastoise. He's still my favorite pokemon. Even if his stats suck and can't find room on my competitive teams

mentholcase

Smash Cadet
hay guyz, wachu thnk of my Dixie set, bettr than all othr Dixie sets u've seen i bet!

* * * * it's Dixie Kong! * * * *

--INTRO & STATS--

Dixie Kong is one of the lighter fighters & easier to knockout. She is marginally shorter [3 out of 10] & lighter [4 out of 10] than Diddy. Despite being a bit lighter than him, her movement [6.5 out of 10] & majority of attacks are actually a tad slower. She is also physically weaker; two of her tilts are attacks you might expect other fighters to have as smash attacks. This is all offset by her remarkable recovery. Her Up Special goes almost twice as high as others, & then she is free to use her Side Special, making her practically invunerable until she hits land. Her shield is also slightly bigger than Diddy's. Also, although Kirby & King Dedede can use enemies as projectiles, Dixie does this w/ even more efficaciousness. The uniqueness doesn't stop there. While Samus & Link can use their grab moves midair, Dixie's grab-air is the only one that can actually grab enemies -this can also be used to help recover. Oh, & she never enters helpless. Any statistics otherwise unmentioned are to be assumed identical to Diddy's (traction, crawl, etc.)

Side Special, Foward Throw, & Up Throw all have set knockback​

--SPECIAL ATTACKS--

Neutral Special - Bubble Pop* (CLICK! no, it doesn't actually get that big :rolleyes:)
An 11-stage charge attack. Hold button to charge (blow pink bubblegum bubble), release button to pop. Also pops from enemy contact & attacks. Fully charging, which takes three blows, causes self-damage. Can damage from frame two. The full first blow takes half a second, w/ half a second in-between each blow. Each blow takes half a second longer than the last, so that fully charging takes four seconds. Unlike the original animation in DKC2&3, bubble does not retract in-between blows. Second blow causes Dixie to hover slightly above ground. Third blow causes Dixie to elevate to almost the same height as a short hop. Indirect hitbox slightly bordering popped bubble & Dixie deals halved knockback & no damage. Using midair slows descent slightly & automatically pops after first blow for 5% damage. Dixie falls normally during pop
Stage | Damage
1 (start of 1st blow) | 3%
2 | 5%
3 (start of 2nd blow) | 8%
4 | 11%
5 | 14%
6 (start of 3rd blow) | 18%
7 | 22%
8 | 26%
9 | 30%
10 | 34%
11 (last frame of 3rd blow) | 35% +15% self-damage

Side Special - Helicopter Spin
Utilizing her awesome tresses of terror, Dixie spins at least three times. Half the startup delay of Donkey Kong's Up B. Reflects projectiles. Always medium knockback. In air, resistant to 1,996 knockback units & infinite, slowly descending as long as button is pressed. Cannot reuse after release, unless attacked. No landing lag. Not helpless if released. On land, gains super armor, always three spins, & ending lag a little bit longer than her Dash Attack's ending lag (very punishable). Can steer very quickly left & right whether used on ground or midair [7%]

Up Special - Bubble Balloon*
Hold button to look to the sky & blow a bubble w/ a single & much deeper breath than the first breath of her Neutral B. Half a second startup delay, so Dixie drops a bit when used midair before flying straight up. After peaking (about 1.5 seconds), pops & damages. Also pops from enemy contact & attacks. Can release button for early pop. Not helpless after use, but does have minor ending lag. Can sweetspot ledges immediately after pop. Cannot use after pop or Side B, unless attacked [3-6-9-12-15-18%]

*Both bubble attacks cause X(.25)+Y damage if popped by an enemy attack no stronger than 1.5x the bubble attack, where X is the damage of the enemy attack & Y is the damage of the bubble attack. If popped by an attack stronger than 1.5x the bubble attack, enemy receives halved damage, no knockback, & Dixie succumbs to the damage & knockback of the enemy attack. If an enemy grabs a bubblegum-blowing Dixie, bubble immediately pops, damaging normally & inducing release

Down Special - Juicebox
Sits down & pulls out a juicebox which is sipped twice before putting away while standing up. A relatively long lasting counter w/ a bit less startup delay than that of Peach's counter, but also w/ ending lag the same length as startup delay. If attack is an energy projectile, box absorbs & converts energy into magic juice which heals Dixie double the attacking damage. If attack is not an energy projectile, box explodes w/ a large hitbox, also causing trivial self-damage & knockback. If attacked from behind, Dixie automatically turns at the waist to face attack. If used midair, startup delay is the same, since on land, the two actions of sitting down & grabbing the juicebox is done simultaneously [2x countered attack / 1/5th of Juicebox attack to self (e.g., if hit by a 25% attack, Juicebox deals 50% to enemies & 10% to Dixie]

"Delicious *and* nutritious!"

--NORMAL ATTACKS--

Looks like Dixie has been spending some time at the Dojo! (CLICK!) Hiyah!!

-GROUND-

Neutral
jab, jab, spinning back fist (last hit only initiates if second hit lands, similar movement to Diddy's FSmash's last hit) [2%, 2%, 4%]

"Left!"

"Right!"

F-Tilt
180 back kick (CLICK! but non-kicking leg stays grounded) [10%]

D-Tilt
low kangaroo kick (plants both hands as legs kick out) [6% / 50% trip chance]

U-Tilt
one handstand double sky kick (CLICK!) [front 6% / back 5%]

Dash - ponytail spin
a single spin. considerable amount of ending lag [7%]​

-AERIAL-

Nair
scissor kick (CLICK!), instantaneous [back 5% / front 5%, 5% (knockback makes unlikely to land both hits)]

"I'mma cut you!"

Fair
pop 360 kick (CLICK!) [13%]

Bair
back kick, instantaneous (similar movement to Donkey Kong's Bair) [8%]

Uair
twisting kick (similar movement to Diddy's U-Smash, except no slap & each leg has knockback, so hits only once) [10%]

Dair
curls into a ball & descends w/ great velocity until contact w/ enemy or land [14%]

"Cannonball!"

-SMASH-

Foward Smash - home-run guitar*
pulls out a guitar from hammerspace while cocking it back, then swings to hit w/ narrow side of the guitar body (exact movement as w/ Home-Run Bat, except faster) [16% / fully charged 23%]

Up Smash - skyward guitar*
enemies knocked back at same angle as guitar when hit (similar movement to Ike's USmash, except hitbox arc ends at around 40 degrees) [14% / fully charged 20%]

*landing a hit with a guitar attack will create a distorted power chord version of the Home-Run Bat ping

Down Smash - double fisted ground pound
enemies knocked back at a 70 degree angle, can meteor smash enemies in air at high percentages (similar movement to Donkey Kong's DSmash) [both hitboxes - 11% / fully charged 17%]​

--GRABS & THROWS--

Grab - ponytail grab
medium-short range. Dixie bows her head as her ponytail flings out in front of her, reaching for the enemy. wraps enemy & brings enemy above head

"Does this crate make my butt look big?"

Pummel - hair crimp
one of the fastest pummels, hitting on frame one, as the, uh... "thing" holding the enemy is also the "thing" that does the pummeling [1%]

Foward Throw
Throws enemy straight ahead as a projectile, about the length of Kirby's spit out. If thrown enemy does not collide w/ another, (s)he trips upon landing. Enemy regains self control if there is no land & falls about one Stage Editor square [9% / projectile causes 18% & high knockback, regardless of thrown enemy weight]

"This is going to hurt you a lot more than it's going to hurt me"

Back Throw
540 spin before flinging. can damage others w/ spin [12% / spin causes 9%]

Up Throw
Throws enemy upwards (80 degree angle) as a projectile, three squares high. Falling enemy can be controlled slightly left & right (more so away from you) until (s)he has fallen two squares, after which, enemy regains self-control & falls normally (don't let them fall right on top of you!) [6% / projectile causes 24% & VERY HIGH knockback, regardless of thrown enemy weight]

Down Throw
flings enemy downward. enemy bounces slightly off the ground & then pounded like a pair of bongo drums (similar movement to Donkey Kong's Down B) [6%, 2%, 2%]

Grab Air
uses enemy as a midair hook & swings self upwards & away as enemy flinches. not a tether recovery [2%]​

--SMASH BALL--

Final Smash - Swanky's Sideshow (CLICK!)
Similar to Snake's FS, but much less time in-between projectiles, no aiming reticles, & no need for vertical aim. Dixie jumps off the screen which is then framed like a carnival game as Swanky's game music starts playing. Dixie reappears at the bottom & is moveable sideways. Normal attack button throws one of twelve baseballs. Special attack button throws one of three explosive baseballs, differentiated by their lit fuses. If two or more enemies share a vertical plane, the lower enemy is targeted. After time or ammo runs out, Dixie walks off the left side as the frame collapses & she falls back to the stage from the top of the screen [baseballs - 2% +major flinch / baseball bombs - 35%]​

--PLAYSTYLE--

Dixie Kong is like a weird little mashup consisting of a base of Diddy Kong, w/ a little bit of Donkey Kong, & because of most of her specials, a little bit of the Fire Emblem fighters. The more of these fighters in your "Top 10 (or 15 or so) Comfortable to Use", than the faster you are likely to become comfortable to use Dixie. Slightly slower, a little lighter, & physically weaker than Diddy, she is still pretty fast overall. Her main asset is her defensive abilities. Although she is sent flying more easily than Diddy, she makes up for it in several more ways than one. Dixie forgoes Diddy's bananas for the strongest & most versatile counter in the game. Although it can absorb energy projectiles, w/ its slow startup delay, she might be better off using Side B for most of those, perhaps w/ an exception to Fireballs, Thunder Jolts, PK Thunders, & energy projectiles used from some distance. Her bubble attacks also have a sort of secondary counter effect. Dixie's Neutral B is like a medium between Marth's & Ike's Neutral B, except w/ an arguably better hitbox, growing in size as it does w/ power, & can auto-execute for defensive purposes. Also of note is her shield. Being slightly bigger than other fighters of similar size, it can take a bit more punishment. Although the set knockback of her Side B means she won't be KO'ing anyone with it any time soon, its awesome knockback resistance stops would-be jugglers cold. Finally, although Dixie can definitely hold her own in 1v1s, it is in team battles where she really shines. Shines with blinding awesomeness at that. Dixie Kong is rarely an unwise choice in 2v2s. Her grab-game undoubtedly forces spacing in such matches (Try having a team of two Dixies. Grab an opponent each. Up Throw those opponents into each other. The results should be quite satisfactory). Any opposing fighter in a 2v2 unaware of the dire need to back away from an enemy-grabbing Dixie will learn soon enough of the horrible dangers possessed by those lovely locks of destruction​

--TAUNTS--

Up Taunt
a banana bird (CLICK!) flies out from behind Dixie. she points at it as it flies around her & away. 3% chance of banana bird causing OHKO knockback, sending enemy straight up

Side Taunt
pulls out guitar, whilst spinning 270 degrees (so as to face the screen) to a wink while strumming a chord

"Where my Dixie chicks at?!"

Down Taunt
while staying in one spot, back handspring to backflip to back tuck, landing on one leg, leaning slightly back, head facing the screen, arms & hands outstretched, body language conveying a message of...

"Does that blow your mind? That just happened"

Smash Taunt
Also available to Diddy & Donkey Kong. Must be done on a DK stage. Random Kong family member walks into the foreground from the side (just like Dixie's FS), takes a look at the battle ensuing, makes a comment on what they see (viewable at the top of the screen), & then continues on off the screen. Listed below are just one quote each, out of the many that the Kongs exclaim

Cranky Kong (if a fighter uses a triple jump)
"Triple jumping? What rubbish! Kids in my day wept with joy if we gave them a SINGLE jump!"

Wrinkly Kong (if in 1P mode)
"When you see (opponent of the last stage, e.g., Master Hand in Classic Mode), can you ask him if he's done his homework?"

Funky Kong (if a Diddy or Dixie gets KO'ed, but not match end)
"Don't give up, now! Go on and get back up on that board, my little surfer!"​

--ASSIST TROPHY--

Klubba (CLICK!) - Kremling Mercenary

"If yers get into any trouble, Klubba 'ere will 'elp ye out!"

Instead of Klubba, a single large Kremkoin (CLICK!) is what initially pops out of the assist trophy. Only grabbable by the assist trophy user, it dissappears if not grabbed within four seconds. By grabbing the Kremkoin, fighter acknowledges the payment of 15% self-damage to engage the services of Klubba (in DKC2, 15 Kremkoins was the toll to cross Klubba's bridge). Taking on the characteristics of his palette swap (CLICK!), he points his club at the nearest enemy & then jumps towards that enemy w/ infinite range up to the edge of a stage (he won't jump off stage, which could be one way to avoid, but then the trophy user could chase the evader, whom would now be offstage & susceptible to KO). Anyone not in the air during his landing is paralyzed (flinch animation) as the entire screen shakes, regardless of distance from Klubba. However, the closer to his landing spot, the longer the time spent paralyzed. After Klubba lands, if a paralyzed enemy is in range, he swings at the enemy. If no paralyzed enemy is in range, he jumps towards the closest enemy w/ the same flinching effect. After an enemy is swung at, or after he jumps a total of six times, or if there are no enemies on screen, Klubba taunts (short hops & pumps his fist & club twice) before finally dissappearing [Klubba - 20% / feet - 30% / club - 40% / all w/ MASSIVE knockback]

"I'll wrap me club around yer moth eaten heads!"

Klubba - Krocodile Kore
If a player or team manages to summon Klubba five times in a single match (a total of 75 Kremkoins, the total amount collectable in DKC2), he will be surrounded by gold shinies (like his barrel - CLICK!) as he jumps straight up off the screen. Shortly afterwards, the entire screen rumbles twice, then a giant beam of energy, about quadruple the width of a Deoxys Hyper Beam, shoots from the bottom of the stage where Klubba was summoned, reaching all the way to the top blast line. (CLICK!) Unlike other beams that only knockback on the last portion of its attack, this beam causes knockback on all frames. It also spawns random Kremlings, jumping out of the beam, running or flying outwards, until falling off the stage. Note that, w/ the exception of Kutlass & Kruncha, the Kremlings can be defeated by footstooling; it is their numbers that make them deadly, e.g., you could successfully kill a Klomp but then get hit by a flying Kloak. Spawning lasts for just enough time that it is fairly common to get at least two KOs off a single opponent [Klubba - 20% / Krocodile Core energy beam - 30% / Kremlings: Klomp(runs) - 6%, Kloak(flies) - 6%, Kaboing(jumps) - 6%, Kutlass (runs FAST) - 10%, Klobber(runs FAST) - push, Kaboom(runs FAST) - 20%, Blue Kruncha(runs) - initially push, contact turns him into Red Kruncha(runs FAST) - 20%]

"We would like to play"

--STAGE--

Kastle KAOS (CLICK!) - The Stage
In its normal state, plays just like Final Destination (but w/ better edges, of course). Jungle themed stage w/ Kastle KAOS in the immediate back nonplayable part of the stage (like the area w/ all the animals in Smashville). Mid-to-lower background is jungleness. Farther back, we can see cliffs. A large center, about 75% of the entire stage, is covered w/ initially non-gameplay affecting water (similar to the water in Fountain of Dreams), flowing down to the foreground of the stage. To our right of the castle, we can see that the water source is a leaking sewer grate. At random intervals, the sewer grate emits colored puffs of steam, before flooding the water w/ poison. Flying & floating fighters are not completely safe from this poison, as random spots continuously steam up & send toxic gas puffs rapidly towards the top blast line. This flooding lasts about 3/4th the length as the microgames in WarioWare, Inc., except for light blue. The effect of the poison depends on the color, lasting for about eight seconds (again, except for light blue), all starting w/ minor flinch. Poisoned fighters leave a trail of gaseous puffs the same color as the poison, like a subtle version of the effect of a Smoke Ball. A poisoned fighter can be repoisoned, effectively prolonging the poison effect

Kastle KAOS - Toxic Floods

GREEN slows fighters down, but not as slow as Timer (about half the reduction), & causes fighters to jump about 3/4th height of a Bunny Hood jump [common]

RED has the same effect as green, but w/o the jump increase [common]

LIGHT PURPLE reverses horizontal control [common]

LIGHT BLUE paralyzes fighters for about six seconds. button mashing cuts paralysis duration in half. flood lasts for only 2.5 seconds, as the paralysis of all fighters would be nonsensical [uncommon]

PURPLE reverses both horizontal & vertical control [uncommon]

DARK PURPLE, its flood lasting a mere second, combines the effects of light blue, red, & purple. unlike the other poisons, flood is not announced by puffs of steam, so if you notice a prolonged absence of activity at the sewer grate, watch out ! [rare]

Kastle KAOS - Music
Click!

Kastle KAOS - Easter Egg
behind the flashing bright lights of the windows on the castle's top floor, you can pause & zoom to see a silhouette of Baron K. Roolenstein being chased around by what appears to be his wife !​

--ALTERNATE COSTUMES--

-STANDARD OUTFIT-

bubblegum always same color as top

RED darker reddish brown fur, red hair, muave clothing, ruby earrings (alternate outfit in DKC2)

PURPLE muave clothing, amethyst earrings (alternate outfit in DKC3)

ALTERNATE PURPLE blonde hair w/ red streaks, violet beret & top, tan knee wraps, brown eyes, amethyst earrings (Flapper/Quawks)

GREEN blonde hair w/ red streaks, green beret & top, tan knee wraps, brown eyes, emerald earrings (Squawks)

YELLOW light cream fur, dirty blonde hair w/ two red streaks, a blue & a green streak, red eyes, vermilion beret, golden yellow top, burgandy knee wraps, amber earrings (Banana Bird Queen)

ORANGE dark burnt orange fur, dark brown hair, orange beret, black top, light salmon pink knee wraps, brown eyes, citrine earrings (Squitter)

BLUE light brown fur, vanilla white hair, dark blue clothing, brown eyes, sapphire earrings (Clapper)​

-MARTIAL ARTS GI-

after all, she did train at the Dojo! bubblegum always pink & belt always black

WHITE white gi & headband, red Japanese script* on headband (Cranky's gi at the Dojo, albeit he had white hair & not a headband. the script is also a reference to the Dojo master)

ALTERNATE WHITE white gi, pink headband, white script

BLACK black gi & headband, silver script

ALTERNATE BLACK black gi, pink headband, white script​

* クランキーコング​

--A FEW PARTING WORDS FROM OUR BELOVED--

"Like this moveset or suffer the fate of this Dixie wannabe!"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like din's fire as is, for the most part.

How about for Dixie's stage, that level in DKC 2 where the level slowly rises and you have to avoid being crushed by walls/ ceilings that would normally pose no threat.

Or, a bramble based level.

Best idea, kremlin land based level

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
After seeing some videos, Project M Din's Fire works really well. My idea was just an addition that gives her another KO option and gives justice to the actual spell.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see Mach Rider in Smash, but for me, I would like to see Duck Hunt Dog & Balloon Fighter playable first

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom