• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If you peel off your skin, your thumbprint will be the least of your worries. Tater salad and human skin, mmm.......

Life in the Navy's too easy, no joke. Boot camp was a JOKE. All that media jazz about boot camp being horrible must mean Army and Marines, cuz MY bootcamp was facepalmingly easy.

Also, I still haven't beat any extra stages in Touhou. Taking a break right now, trying to beat Shikieiki Yamaxanadu in Touhou 9 on Extra, and man...! Gotta wait 2 minutes for her to not be invincible anymore, then I gotta pray I pin her somehow with bullets, all on mandatory Lunatic mode. This ****'s crazy.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Lunatic mode in Touhou makes me want to kill myself.

I used to main Kirby in '09. I still recognize some names in this GD (Kewk, A1L and Viper), lol.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Lunatic mode in Touhou makes me want to kill myself.

I used to main Kirby in '09. I still recognize some names in this GD (Kewk, A1L and Viper), lol.
Dude, the screen literally fills up with bullets on Touhou 9. And it's not patterns anymore, bullets appear in random locations so no amount of practice will help me. I have to be lucky!

Then again, if it weren't for me trying to beat it all day, I probably wouldnt've beat 3 other Touhou games today and unlocked Extra mode on them. 5 down, a bunch to go (I took a loooong break after failing against Ms. Nuclear Fusion)!

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
If you peel off your skin, your thumbprint will be the least of your worries. Tater salad and human skin, mmm.......

Life in the Navy's too easy, no joke. Boot camp was a JOKE. All that media jazz about boot camp being horrible must mean Army and Marines, cuz MY bootcamp was facepalmingly easy.

Also, I still haven't beat any extra stages in Touhou. Taking a break right now, trying to beat Shikieiki Yamaxanadu in Touhou 9 on Extra, and man...! Gotta wait 2 minutes for her to not be invincible anymore, then I gotta pray I pin her somehow with bullets, all on mandatory Lunatic mode. This ****'s crazy.
You do realize that the propaganda of harsh life at boot camps is based off the reality during the earlier years before legislation and the government cracked down on the severity of drill sergeants? I know you do, it's rhetorical.

But generally the Navy is for the weaker people.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You do realize that the propaganda of harsh life at boot camps is based off the reality during the earlier years before legislation and the government cracked down on the severity of drill sergeants? I know you do, it's rhetorical.
Even with the old school stuff, it was easy. People are just stupid and choose to disobey orders and get themselves in trouble. In fact, I wish it was still like the old days, too many idiots who literally only think about drinking, smoking and women are accepted, and ruins it for the best of us by getting in trouble and getting US punished as well. >_>

But generally the Navy is for the weaker people.

Not to mention that Marines are a part of the Navy.

Also, Navy recruits go to the same boot camp as SpecOps recruits, and SpecOps include SEALs. It's kinda agreed on everywhere that SEALs are the best military forces around in terms of power, smarts and effectiveness.

I just prefer being all brains over brawn, but the fact that boot camp was easy isn't because it's weak, more like I was (and still am ) in shape, so I put up easily with everything. This one guy cried after doing 30 pushups, and it embarrassed ME instead! This other guy cried cuz the sergeants were being "too mean", I really wanted to slap that guy in the face. If anything, what makes boot camp hard anywhere is how people are used to others being nice to them all the time and not being used to people screaming orders at them.

IMO, it was still a joke. Worst part was when I had to go in a chamber full of concentrated tear gas, say my rank and full name, wait for everyone to do so too, then leave and not throw up. Still easy, you just need cojones. ;)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Of course you're going to see crybabies and wimps in boot camp. The purpose of boot camp is to take all those guys and whip 'em into shape.

From the sounds of it, I'm thinking my dojo is much more strict about things. There's too much at stake to cry in the dojo. Actually, my sensei would get on people's cases just for being out of breath and looking fatigued.

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Of course you're going to see crybabies and wimps in boot camp. The purpose of boot camp is to take all those guys and whip 'em into shape.

From the sounds of it, I'm thinking my dojo is much more strict about things. There's too much at stake to cry in the dojo. Actually, my sensei would get on people's cases just for being out of breath and looking fatigued.
Expressing physical weakness!? You bring shame upon your famiry...

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
People who ask you to drop and give them a seemingly random multiple of 10 are just like coaches pushing you to meet a certain level of physical fitness for an activity. They have to be strict.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I wonder how many more push-ups Kewkky can do now? A hundred? A thousand? A MILLION?! :o

Triple R

Smash Lord
Did anyone else see that thread -Mars- made about hammer platform thingy? I feel like I'm being trolled since I'm the only one posting in it. If the thing he is trying to explain does exist I am interested, but I haven't been able to replicate what I think he is saying. Does anyone have any knowledge about it? Is he trolling me, or is there something there? XD

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107

But really, I have no idea if he's trolling or not. I tried to replicate it once then decided to continue speed running Sonic Generations. LOL.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I got caught up playing Epic Yarn again. I'm getting 100% on all three files. :o

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Skyrim is amazing. Just saying. It's hard as hell too, geez. I've died so much, and I keep dying all the time.

Level 34, woo!

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Any particular reason, twinkie? And just competitive smash, or also the competitive scene? Cuz we have some good friends over there.

It's a lot of little things that when combined, gave me more reason to quit tournaments as a whole. To put it shortly, tournaments here are all the same, never get any better, and have been extremely disappointing as of late. The direction that the overall community seems to be headed in is one that I don't like (ie: downhill), and instead of trying to make it better, I decided to just leave cause I'm just giving up. There are a few people that know what I'm talking about that agree with me too.

All the smashers that I've met here are all extremely cool guys, I have a blast talking with them, and I'm glad I met each and every one of them, but the actual tournaments themselves are just terrible beyond belief at this point, and I'm not having any of that.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It's hard as hell too, geez. I've died so much, and I keep dying all the time.
I haven't died yet in Epic Yarn. It's like someone figured out how to make a video game that wasn't designed for a 1980's arcade game. :D

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Games like Space Invaders, Pac-Man, etc. were designed around difficulty simiply for profit; if a game was more difficult it would 'gobble up quarters'. Needless to say, this form of game design spilled over into the home entertainment system where designers pulled the misconception that the more difficult the game the more consumers enjoyed them.

It took game designers quite a while to break away from the archaic patterns and realize that difficulty, while still a factor, is not the prime intention of playing video games. This is actually where the primary idea behind Kirby's Dreamland came from - Satoru Iwata and Masahiro Sakurai went about creating a game that everyone could enjoy without the difficulty being a roadblock to players.

Since a 'ridiculously difficult' game is only desired by a minority (usually the male demographic from adolescent to teens) it's much more effective to put effort into designing a game in other areas (such as visual appeal, quality of music, replay value, etc). This is where we get popular, unique and awesome games like Katamari Damashi, Pikmin, Phoenix Wright, etc.

TL;DR
Yes, 'difficulty' can be an important part of a game, but it is in the minority when compared to many other more important gameplay elements.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I don't know how many people played it but "Cubivore" was my odd game out on the GC way back when. I thought it had a great combo of everything I was looking for... It started my love for Pikmin.

Either way, I missed you guys and decided to pop in and say hi. It's been a while. :)

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Not too bad. School picked up when I got into my last semester and I dropped everything that wasn't Maya related. :p Then I moved to San Francisco for my Masters! Besides that it's a fairly boring existance.

How have you been?

School has been beating me up lately, with all the Maya and zBrush projects I've had to do. I actually had to drop everything like you did for 2-3 weeks (Brawl, SWF, music/band stuff, social life, etc.) just so I could finish all my finals, which I ended up completing. 3D is hard work.....

That was like 2 weeks ago though, so now I'm playing catch up with everything (except Brawl, which I dropped) before the next trimester starts.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I hear ya. While I love doing 3D modeling... if it isn't the most tedious.

My teacher in my VFX class pretty much told us the other day that if we want to have a family/normal. Resemblance to a life, we're in the wrong field. :p

Yeah I hear ya. I like animating and 3D modeling, and I always have liked making stuff like that as a kid, but doing this professionally just takes sooooooo much of your time that it's literally draining. Crunch time hurts, and managing time gets really difficult, especially if you're like me who doesn't even have the right schedule for it.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Proving I like Kirby Adventure too much, I still got the NES copy, the GBA remake, the Wii virtual console, and just bought the 3D version of the game. It just proves that Nintendo wants people to play the best Kirby game of all time. =3

☯ Ahhh... I'm not getting enough Smash Bros time because I can't travel too far currently. T_T

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Kirby's Adventure 3D is like the greatest idea ever!!!!!
It really does bring out the beauty of the game while otherwise leaving it in it's original state of awesomesauce. :D

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I think this is Kirby boards retro reunion week. Twink wasn't a mod when I used to post in here. I remember the time I met Ladybug at that LA tourney, lolz.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I don't have a laptop yet, it's quite crappy. But now I have a cellphone with skype, so I could join in and chat for a good while. Unlimited calls/messaqging/data, woo-hoo!

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hell yeah, that's the only way I could communicate with my ride to tourneys in IL.

He moved to another building though, so much for tourneys for me for a while. :(

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Kewkky's phone sounds godlike. It's like Mjolner - the god of thunder's hammer - but with advanced forms of communications built into it. XD

Since a picture is worth a thousand words... I went ahead and made a picture to depict the epic Phone of Kewkky!

Top Bottom