• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You can't hold Kirby down, man. He's a free creature, he won't comply with the system, man.

And yep, my phone's an android. :\

Sometimes I want to slam it against the wall though. Why don't they give phones better CPUs?

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
My friend has a phone that has Skype and some weird connection feature that gets him free internet all the time and on top of that his plan has unlimited data so he never has to touch his limited minutes on his plan.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I don't have limited anything, everything I have is unlimited. My phone also gets internet anywheere, and I can even use it as a wireless modem for my own PC or game system.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Unlimited things, yep. It's pretty nice not having to worry about $200.00 surprise bills and whatnot.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
So I'm in a Kirby mood lately because of RTD. Felt I'd spread the love a bit.

After I finish Super 'Doo over Kirby for myself tonight, I'll be taking a few requests for more Return to Dreamland model imports. If anyone wants a specific enemy or something done speak up now, I'm not gonna be doing many. (Although I will be doing all the Kirby Hats even the unused "Super Cutter.")

There's just HEAPS of unused materials on this disc.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Wow Katakiri, all that stuff is so cool! Return to Dreamland has some great visuals so I'm happy to see you doing this. And Super Cutter would have been really awesome, too bad it wasn't in the game. :\

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I haven't checked here in FOREVER :mad:

Time to use that subscribe feature that I never use.

So the title tells me that skyrim is amazing? It pretty much is. Who else here plays it?
I play it on my laptop on the lowest resolution and low settings and that's kind of depressing.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Lol. I play it on the PS3. Before v1.02 I couldn't do anything. After 1.02, it froze whenever I entered any town. I was level 47 too, was forced to start a new file cuz that one was borderline corrupted. :(

Now I'm taking a break and playing PAL Xenoblade. The game's pretty nice, much much better than expected.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
wow lol :/
i dont have an xbox360 or ps3, but i always thought i would get ps3 over xbox. it's kind of lame how i hear that ps3 skyrim is practically unplayable though :/ the concept that it's worse than playing on 800x600 resolution with fairly slow loadtimes and low framerates is kind of awful.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Still... xenoblade is pretty amazing. For the Wii, and it's freaking good. I'm amazed, I expected every Wii game out there to be crap, besides Kirby games and SSBB. With japanese voices and english subtitles, it feels EXACTLY like I'm playing an anime, even the action scenes are amazing.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Randomly dropping in.

I'm building a scene while I'm at my hometown in Texas (Killeen/FtHood). Not gonnna be here much longer before either going to Dallas or Austin next year, but I want to find some people to play regularly. I have two other than myself so far, plus four prospects at least, and access to two PTP Gaming Stores.

TL mostly since I have him hacked to look like Robin the Boy Wonder, but once I get the Gengar hack for Kirby I'll start playing him more. It sucks two- or three-stocking everyone but maybe they'll start getting better after playing regularly and me introducing them to Brawl basics.

Later.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Reminds me of myself while I was at college. I always 2- or 3-stocked people, except the one person who went with me to tourneys, who we went even all the time (Rated). I remember teaching people basics and their character's ATs and gimmicks, pretty cool being the one everyone looks up to.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Iunno, I haven't hard a thing, from both Brawl and Melee communities. Guess he quit 100%.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Not bad, not bad at all. I guess he lied to us when he said he was quitting.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Well he doesn't have powers like X-Men so the chronicles aren't 100% true, lmao.

At any rate, it's nice to know there's still a top Kirby in EC.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
lol, really?

Oh well, now I just need to get to school.
Ty for that post on kirby, btw. I finally understood why I'm doing it wrong.

I wasn't spacing.

.SirLink.

Smash Cadet
Reminds me of myself while I was at college. I always 2- or 3-stocked people, except the one person who went with me to tourneys, who we went even all the time (Rated). I remember teaching people basics and their character's ATs and gimmicks, pretty cool being the one everyone looks up to.
My noobs ignore my tips, deem my tactics cheap, and insist on scrub for alls. I play with them sometimes but lately I just go on dueling network or something on the computers lol.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Sadly us competitive Smash players are a niche within a niche.
The community would be huge(-er) if we didn't give a **** about the way the game is played or if we didn't have an elitist mentality that turned off people.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I'm more lucky than you guys. I've got kids who want to learn how to play better and so I've been instructing them even though I dominate them. It's fun teaching SDI to people and seeing them realize just how deep Brawl can be. LOL.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Elitist attitude? There's barely a handful of people that are that way IRL.

Not caring about how we play? That's ******** as ****. Where would our metagame be.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Elitist attitude? There's barely a handful of people that are that way IRL.
Not caring about how we play? That's ******** as ****. Where would our metagame be.
There's no right or wrong way to play any Smash game. We (the competitive fanbase) like the game at it's raw basics because it's the closest thing we can have to a traditional 2D fighter style test of skill (or cheapness).

Also, claiming that we should care about the way we play is an elitist POV.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
You're wrong. You should care about the way you play, whether it be with items or without, with stocks or with the timer. Hell, if coins garnered itself a competitive fanbase they, too, should care. If they didn't, there'd be no pride in what they're doing. They'd try to get others to join but newcomers to the competitive part of the scene wouldn't feel compelled because they wouldn't sense that the veterans cared about it too much - it'd just be how they played the game. Seeing people care and get better at whatever style of play they;re doing - that's what excites people to watch and to get into it themselves.

I care about the way I play my games, and as a competitive gamer at heart, that's where my pride as one who's good at them comes from. And that in no way contributes to an "elitist" POV. Thinking that is shallow-minded.

A real elitist POV is not accepting the other ways a game can be played. If I played competitive Melee and didn't accept Brawl as a legit Smash fighting game, or I was a 64 junkie who thought Melee and Brawl were worthless as fighters, that's elitist. If I thought TAS speed running was illegitimate and that speed runs should only be played naturally, that's elitist. If I shunned someone for enjoying Halo 3 or Reach's multiplayer simply because they aren't the 'masterpieces' of competitive play that 1 and 2 supposedly were, that's elitist.

I could go on... but I've made my point. LOL.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
There's no right or wrong way to play any Smash game.
That's worthy of a quote... but I just have to add that just because there's no right or wrong way to play Smash doesn't mean that there aren't a lot of conventions and precedents that guide us in which customizable rules to use or discard for the sake of a competitive community. XD

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Merry Christmas, Kirbies! I hope you're all having a good holiday :)

Top Bottom